• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[ROM][UNOFFICIAL] LineageOS 17.1 for Nexus 6P (angler)

Search This thread

sufy1000

Oct 22, 2011
To offer some early feedback after playing with it for only a few hours, this seems to be working remarkably well. I installed with Open GApps 10 beta pico, and Magisk 20.1.

Battery life actually seems better than it was on LOS 15.1 (Android 8.1), though that could be because I dramatically slimmed down the apps I have installed (from ~150 to ~50). Overall, everything seems very smooth, fast, and efficient. It's a very refreshing experience, since this phone had been getting slower and slower.

I've had a couple apps freeze on launch, but closing and reopening always seems to resolve the issue.

I haven't figured out what GCam I'm going to use yet. I'm probably going to run through several of the suggested apks on Celso Azevedo' Google Camera Ports site until I find one that works reliably.

Visual voicemail in the phone app failed to setup, but that could be an issue with my carrier (T-Mobile). I haven't tried to troubleshoot that yet.

Everything else seems to be working great. Calls, GPS navigation, etc. No major issues.

This is amazing work, @PixelBoot. Thank you so much!

Do you get a random shutdown around 30-40%?

wrkerr

Mar 14, 2014
After going through ~15 GCam ports, I found one that seems to work, albeit somewhat slow.

https://www.celsoazevedo.com/files/android/google-camera/f/changelog357/

I have no idea if it's the best one for us to be using, but it seems to work reliably, and should take significantly better pictures than the included LOS camera app. It's based on the older 6.1 version of Google Camera.

**EDIT: After working for several shots, it stopped working. It just shows a black viewfinder now. I guess I need to keep looking.**

Last edited:
Reactions: darkriff

wrkerr

Mar 14, 2014
After a reboot, before unlocking the phone, I'm consistently getting the wrong date on the lockscreen. After unlocking the phone, the date corrects.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191202-132317.jpg
    Screenshot_20191202-132317.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 447

[email protected]

Nov 6, 2010
To offer some early feedback after playing with it for only a few hours, this seems to be working remarkably well. I installed with Open GApps 10 beta pico, and Magisk 20.1.

Battery life actually seems better than it was on LOS 15.1 (Android 8.1), though that could be because I dramatically slimmed down the apps I have installed (from ~150 to ~50). Overall, everything seems very smooth, fast, and efficient. It's a very refreshing experience, since this phone had been getting slower and slower.

I've had a couple apps freeze on launch, but closing and reopening always seems to resolve the issue.

I haven't figured out what GCam I'm going to use yet. I'm probably going to run through several of the suggested apks on Celso Azevedo' Google Camera Ports site until I find one that works reliably.

Visual voicemail in the phone app failed to setup, but that could be an issue with my carrier (T-Mobile). I haven't tried to troubleshoot that yet.

Everything else seems to be working great. Calls, GPS navigation, etc. No major issues.

This is amazing work, @PixelBoot. Thank you so much!

Thank you for this in depth review.
I have been meaning to flash but just haven't got the time to do it as the Nexus 6P is currently my daily driver.
Most likely I plan on flashing it tomorrow.

Thank you for your great work @PixelBoot, I hope you will support LineageOS 17.0 along with Pixel Experience.

wrkerr

Mar 14, 2014
Hm, now I'm having difficulty getting any camera apps to work, including the stock one.

I can't grab a log right now, but I'll try to get one soon.

Last edited:

hk1271

Oct 27, 2017
Surat
Huawei Nexus 6P
Hm, now I'm having difficulty getting any camera apps to work, including the stock one.

I can't grab a log right now, but I'll try to get one soon.
The stock should work . Cause mine's working .
Btw I have Gcam mod which will work

https://f.celsoazevedo.com/file/gcamera/MGC_6.1.021_MI8_V2e-fu24_02c.apk

Restart the phone. Disable notifications and enable G.photos in camera settings . It takes around 10-15 secs for the pic to pop up as it processes HDR+ .

Reactions: muhammadbinillyas

wrkerr

Mar 14, 2014
The stock should work . Cause mine's working .
Btw I have Gcam mod which will work

https://f.celsoazevedo.com/file/gcamera/MGC_6.1.021_MI8_V2e-fu24_02c.apk

Restart the phone. Disable notifications and enable G.photos in camera settings . It takes around 10-15 secs for the pic to pop up as it processes HDR+ .
I tried that without success, even with that port. After clearing app data and rebooting, they will usually work for a couple pictures, then crash, and the viewfinder will stay black when I relaunch.

I wonder if it's because I just used pico GApps. Which GApps did you use?

Last edited:

hk1271

Oct 27, 2017
Surat
Huawei Nexus 6P
I tried that without success, even with that port. After clearing app data and rebooting, they will usually work for a couple pictures, then crash, and the viewfinder will stay black when I relaunch.

I wonder if it's because I just used pico GApps. Which GApps did you use?
When the veiwfinder turns black , it means that ur camera hardware is still on (See the back camera laser focus for confirmation) .The torch option will also be greyed out in quick tiles . You have to restart ur phone to get back to normal . If u dont restart , ur battery will deplete like hell . I never encountered any crash in my case with this app . Idk what's wrong with yours.

Btw I used BitGapps , and the open gapps mini didn't work in my case , it went straight to bootloader after the initial Google logo . So I think only small gapps works in this ROM . Guess that's y pixel launcher doesn't work .

Reactions: wrkerr

wrkerr

Mar 14, 2014
When the veiwfinder turns black , it means that ur camera hardware is still on (See the back camera laser focus for confirmation) .The torch option will also be greyed out in quick tiles . You have to restart ur phone to get back to normal . If u dont restart , ur battery will deplete like hell . I never encountered any crash in my case with this app . Idk what's wrong with yours.

Btw I used BitGapps , and the open gapps mini didn't work in my case , it went straight to bootloader after the initial Google logo . So I think only small gapps works in this ROM . Guess that's y pixel launcher doesn't work .
I wiped system and cache, then reinstalled the ROM, BitGApps, and Magisk, and now the cameras seem to be working better. Occasionally one of them hangs and I need to reboot to regain the camera, but it seems fairly reliable now.

I wonder if it was just a weird fluke, or actually a repeatable problem caused by using Open GApps pico. I might try again with Open GApps on the next release, but for now I'm happy to stick with BitGApps.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Reactions: hk1271

Leafy_duk

Jan 4, 2011
Would you guys say this is daily driver ready at this point or should I hold out on lineage 16 for a while longer?

Also at least on 16 I've had the best camera results from just the Google camera installed from the play store which seems to be 5.1.018

[email protected]

Nov 6, 2010
Would you guys say this is daily driver ready at this point or should I hold out on lineage 16 for a while longer?

Also at least on 16 I've had the best camera results from just the Google camera installed from the play store which seems to be 5.1.018

I haven't installed it yet but considering that no one is complaining, I'd say it's daily driver ready. Better than Pixel Experience in my opinion.

Google Camera 5.1.018 is the best version for your phone. I am sure it will work with LineageOS 17.0 if you install it from the Play Store.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey @blitzkriegger did you have any luck getting permissions for your build?

Sounds like a lot of great work from you :D
    Unfortunately no news yet from Pixelboot. i've had booting builds with May security patch but June gets stuck at LineageOS logo. I'm going to ask at the LineageOS 15.1 thread on how to look at logs to troubleshoot boot issues from fresh builds. What happens usually on my end is when a monthly patch comes out I am able to successfully build but it gets stuck at loading lineageOS screen then I try stuff around. If it doesn't work I redownload sources from scratch, carefully re-add the basic stuff I know will not cause the boot issues and then it works. So I always end up with a working build a few weeks after the patches. Still figuring out June and yet the July patches are set to come in a few.
    yUIn6TF.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 10, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Important Info:
    To flash this rom you need TWRP 3.3.1.0 or newer.

Make sure you have the vendor, radio, & bootloader img's installed, from the stock oreo 8.1 OPM7.181205.001 Dec 2018 factory image.
    They can be extracted from the factory image on google's site here. Or you can use the ones linked below that I already extracted:
    vendor, radio, bootloader img's: https://androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=286833
    The vendor img is flashable with twrp or fastboot. For the radio and bootloader img, use fastboot.

Instructions:
    If updating from an unofficial lineage-17.1 build, follow the steps below:
    1. If you don't already have them installed, flash the newest vendor, radio, and bootloader img's linked above.
    2. Boot into TWRP.
    3. Flash the ROM zip.
    4. Reboot & enjoy.

NOTE: if you previously flashed gapps and/or the su addon, there's no need to flash them again. They will be automatically re-installed during rom zip installation.

If coming from a different ROM:
    1. If you don't already have them installed, flash the newest vendor, radio, and bootloader img's linked above. also make sure you have the newest twrp, linked above.
    2. Boot into TWRP.
    3. Wipe system & data & cache partitions.
    4. Format data.
    5. Flash rom & GApps & su zips (GApps & su zips are optional).
    6. Reboot & enjoy.

For more info or more detailed instructions, visit our wiki here.

Downloads:

Reporting Bugs:
    • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
    Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Code:
    What is your--
    LineageOS version:
    LineageOS Download url:
    Gapps version:

Did you--
    wipe:
    restore with titanium backup:
    reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
    a task killer:
    a non-stock kernel:
    other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:

Source Code:

XDA:DevDB Information
    LineageOS 17.1, ROM for the Huawei Nexus 6P

Contributors
    PixelBoot
    Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS

ROM OS Version: Android 10
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
    Based On: LineageOS

Version Information
    Testing

Created 2019-11-30
    Last Updated 2020-08-08
    Install Instructions

• Grab our recovery from the peripherals section and install it.
      Through TWRP Recovery:
      Install Zip > Install Image > Choose ‘recovery.img‘ > Select partition ‘Recovery’ > Swipe to confirm flash
      Through Fastboot:
      Code:
      fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
    • Install the ROM and then wipe your internal data partition.
      Through TWRP Recovery:
      Wipe > Format data
      Through Fastboot:
      Code:
      fastboot -w
    • Reboot into system and wait until the process finishes, it could take a little bit. After the installation is done, I suggest waiting before using the phone because it usually goes into thermal throttling after installing a ROM.
    Peripherals

FBE Recovery
    : TWRP
    FBE Recovery (4 Core): TWRP
    BLOD Patch (4 Core): boot.img
    April Update

LineageOS Updates:
    • April Security Patch

Device Updates:
    • Added support for unofficial OTA updates
    • SELinux fixes
    • Network fixes