• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][UNOFFICIAL] LineageOS 17.1 for Nexus 6P (angler)

Search This thread

blitzkriegger

Apr 30, 2014
Las Piñas City
Hi guys, sorry it took me forever to get back. After more then 3 months of non-booting builds I was able to get things back to work again last September.

If any of you are interested to try out the build of Lineage-17.1 I was able to work on feel free to download:

A couple of notes: about the build:

-Updated with October Security Patches

-Decrypted by default ( uses FDE rather than FBE)
*Haven't tried an FBE build as of late, as I'd rather deal with sometimes failing to unlock lockscreen (which can be solved by rebooting to TWRP->Advanced->File Manager->go to Data->System then delete locksettings.db file etc.)

-Ships with Snap Camera
*Users can then download the GoogleCamera from playstore, which is v5.1 I think, or find modded Gcams with higher versions. At this point I'm happy with being able to take photos with HDR and being able to use the camera more reliably for video calling etc.)
*If I ship it with GCam for PixelExperience HDR doesn't appear to work on regular shots (even with HDR+ enabled) though strangely NIght Sight works and processes HDR+

-A few settings/overlays have been tweaked or removed. I've removed live display for now but it can be added back
*There were some overlays (ex. Smart Pixels) which I found to cause the camera to glitch out

-A few kernel modifications
*Added wakelock blocker and powersuspend driver

-Plus other under-the-hood stuff added from AOSP as well as other ROMS (aospk, CrDroid, Pixel Experience, arrowOS to name a few

-Use TWRP 3.1.1 to flash. Also please backup your data before hand and I suggest a full factory reset/format data prior to flashing

-Tested with nikgapps (I used basic gapps package then have some add-ons)
*I just find it convenient that if you flash the SetupWizard addon you can restore backups, though I suggest not using the most recent addon (10-17)for SetupWizard as I am having a greyed-out backup now button with this)

P.S. In case you reboot then find the lockscreen does not unlock after putting your PIN, wait for a minute then unlock again. Otherwise if you get kicked to the lockscreen, reboot to recovery then delete the locksettings.db files.I really haven't gotten to find how to resolve this issue that may occassionally happen (due to using FDE), but its a better tradeoff than using FBE and ending up rebooting to recovery on your next 3-5 reboots.

Special thanks to LineageOS, PixelExperience, CrDroid, Bliss OS, AOSPK, Carbon ROM, AOSP, e tc. I have zero claim other than just putting together amazing code that has already been created by our hardworking devs thorughout the years.

Lastly, I was not able to receive any response from PixelBoot regarding posting, so if any mods feel this post violates rules please feel free to take down any time. I'm just happy to share what I have worked on for the community.

Profetorum

Sep 9, 2016
Hi guys, sorry it took me forever to get back. After more then 3 months of non-booting builds I was able to get things back to work again last September.

If any of you are interested to try out the build of Lineage-17.1 I was able to work on feel free to download:

*Haven't tried an FBE build as of late, as I'd rather deal with sometimes failing to unlock lockscreen (which can be solved by rebooting to TWRP->Advanced->File Manager->go to Data->System then delete locksettings.db file etc.)

-Ships with Snap Camera
*Users can then download the GoogleCamera from playstore, which is v5.1 I think, or find modded Gcams with higher versions. At this point I'm happy with being able to take photos with HDR and being able to use the camera more reliably for video calling etc.)
*If I ship it with GCam for PixelExperience HDR doesn't appear to work on regular shots (even with HDR+ enabled) though strangely NIght Sight works and processes HDR+

-A few settings/overlays have been tweaked or removed. I've removed live display for now but it can be added back
*There were some overlays (ex. Smart Pixels) which I found to cause the camera to glitch out

-Plus other under-the-hood stuff added from AOSP as well as other ROMS (aospk, CrDroid, Pixel Experience, arrowOS to name a few

-Use TWRP 3.1.1 to flash. Also please backup your data before hand and I suggest a full factory reset/format data prior to flashing

*I just find it convenient that if you flash the SetupWizard addon you can restore backups, though I suggest not using the most recent addon (10-17)for SetupWizard as I am having a greyed-out backup now button with this)

P.S. In case you reboot then find the lockscreen does not unlock after putting your PIN, wait for a minute then unlock again. Otherwise if you get kicked to the lockscreen, reboot to recovery then delete the locksettings.db files.I really haven't gotten to find how to resolve this issue that may occassionally happen (due to using FDE), but its a better tradeoff than using FBE and ending up rebooting to recovery on your next 3-5 reboots.

Special thanks to LineageOS, PixelExperience, CrDroid, Bliss OS, AOSPK, Carbon ROM, AOSP, e tc. I have zero claim other than just putting together amazing code that has already been created by our hardworking devs thorughout the years.

Lastly, I was not able to receive any response from PixelBoot regarding posting, so if any mods feel this post violates rules please feel free to take down any time. I'm just happy to share what I have worked on for the community.
Thank you for the amazing work.

I've got exactly your same issue and i'm really trying everything, same as you the issue happens with and without magisk. Always after 3 to 5 reboots. Do you have any ideas on what could have caused it?

Last edited:

Profetorum

Sep 9, 2016
I think i've found a solution actually: i think twrp format is somehow buggy.

Instead of format data from twrp, try to format from fastboot:
fastboot format -w userdata
(wipe caches, system and data ; then flash ROM ; format data with fastboot as above ; 'optional' flash magisk and gapps)

It's working flowlessly for me right now (rebooted like 10 times), gonna update you if something brakes again!

-Ships with Snap Camera

Hey good to see you back! your work is amazing, really willing to try this build this weekend hopefully.

copong

Jan 26, 2015
Google Nexus 4
Huawei Nexus 6P

(wipe caches, system and data ; then flash ROM ; format data with fastboot as above ; 'optional' flash magisk and gapps)

It's working flowlessly for me right now (rebooted like 10 times), gonna update you if something brakes again!
Had any more issues with unlocking after this?

Cristiano Lira

Jul 4, 2013
Maceió, Alagoas

After about 10 reboots I can confirm so far this is the case.

Reactions: Profetorum

Vibler

Nov 19, 2021
absolutely lovey nice! (no crashes no nothing)

the nexus 6p imho is STILL pretty good hardware :)

what was done:

updated to latest stock firmware (2018, because it is said, that all those radio img are then also up to date)

did not flash the:

bootloader-angler-angler-03.84.img

radio-angler-angler-03.88.img

vendor-angler-opm7.181205.001.img

(would be gerat to have sha512sum checksums of those files :)

installed twrp-3.5.2_9-0-angler.img (sha256sum: 315fcd96a2d37b799781d323f574c8f238e3806585fb2fa74a8bab1a13c98a7f)

now having the challenge of: how to root...

installing MagiskManager Zip https://www.androidsage.com/2019/11/02/download-magisk-20-1-zip-and-magisk-manager-7-4-0-apk/ failed ("Updater process ended with ERROR: 1"

"- Device platform: arm64-v8a
- Installing: 23.0 (23000)
! Installation failed
! Process error"

phone still boots everything seems ok)

would like to get AFWall+ (https://f-droid.org/en/packages/dev.ukanth.ufirewall/) up and running those need to root it...

where is the link to latest MagiskManager zip? (v23) here -> https://github.com/topjohnwu/Magisk/releases/tag/v23.0 ? (can only find the apk and source.zip... probably not the zip that should be flashed)

still: thanks, its a wonderful ROM :)

what was done:

updated to latest stock firmware (2018, because it is said, that all those radio img are then also up to date)

did not flash the:

installed twrp-3.5.2_9-0-angler.img (sha256sum: 315fcd96a2d37b799781d323f574c8f238e3806585fb2fa74a8bab1a13c98a7f)

installing MagiskManager Zip https://www.androidsage.com/2019/11/02/download-magisk-20-1-zip-and-magisk-manager-7-4-0-apk/ failed ("Updater process ended with ERROR: 1"

! Installation failed
! Process error"

would like to get AFWall+ (https://f-droid.org/en/packages/dev.ukanth.ufirewall/) up and running those need to root it...

where is the link to latest MagiskManager zip? (v23) here -> https://github.com/topjohnwu/Magisk/releases/tag/v23.0 ? (can only find the apk and source.zip... probably not the zip that should be flashed)

You gotta replace .apk to .zip and there you have it :) flash it in twrp

Reactions: Vibler

pamik

Jun 12, 2020
you used twrp-3.3.1.0-FBE-10+-angler.img

i used the twrp-3.5.2_9-0-angler.img (sha256sum: 315fcd96a2d37b799781d323f574c8f238e3806585fb2fa74a8bab1a13c98a7f)

I'm trying to install this latest ROM by blitzkriegger today.

@Vibler - did you flash this ROM with twrp-3.5.2_9-0-angler.img with no issues?
Because when I try I'm getting "Failed to mount '/vendor' (No such device)" error when installing this ROM.

On the other hand, twrp-3.3.1.0-FBE-10-angler.img installs without errors, but then OS doesn't load (reboots back to recovery), as blitzkriegger mentioned.

Sorry if I missed something.

rename it to zip?

i used the twrp-3.5.2_9-0-angler.img (sha256sum: 315fcd96a2d37b799781d323f574c8f238e3806585fb2fa74a8bab1a13c98a7f)

maybe that's the reason Magisk can not be flashed?

nice tutorial! :)
The FBE one is for android 10+ roms. In 8.1 we use the official twrp versions, Secondly you have to change file extension from .apk to .zip in order to make it flashable.

and thanks alot for such a nice compliment ✨

Vibler

Nov 19, 2021
I'm trying to install this latest ROM by blitzkriegger today.

@Vibler - did you flash this ROM with twrp-3.5.2_9-0-angler.img with no issues?
Because when I try I'm getting "Failed to mount '/vendor' (No such device)" error when installing this ROM.

On the other hand, twrp-3.3.1.0-FBE-10-angler.img installs without errors, but then OS doesn't load (reboots back to recovery), as blitzkriegger mentioned.

Sorry if I missed something.

yes

installed this:

twrp-3.5.2_9-0-angler.img (sha256sum: 315fcd96a2d37b799781d323f574c8f238e3806585fb2fa74a8bab1a13c98a7f)

than flashed this:

Nexus6P_LineageOS_17.1_Desktop_Screenshot_2021-11.jpg

9372d4f286072fbe3b403efcd483928c247cefbaf0282cfb55a782d40f43e89a5c169811439c7bf5867e16333f0fc48f180188891d587825d5b6233c0404a6df lineage-17.1-20200819-UNOFFICIAL-angler.zip

yes it will complain about "can not mount /vendor"

but the rom still works :)

=====================================

UNOFFICIAL LinageOS 17.1 and 18.1 for Nexus 6P (angler)​

use at own risk!

how to build latest android for nexus 6p – https://lineageosroms.com/angler/#introduction
maybe a bit messy write up... hope it helps...

Vibler

Nov 19, 2021
The FBE one is for android 10+ roms. In 8.1 we use the official twrp versions, Secondly you have to change file extension from .apk to .zip in order to make it flashable.

does this mean the FBE ("File Based Encryption") TWRP enabled Version is also for lineage-17.1-20200819-UNOFFICIAL-angler.zip because it is Android 10?

also does magisk not work because used non-FBE TWRP version? 🤔

Nexus6P_LineageOS_17.1_kernel-version-build-number-android10_Screenshot_2021-11.jpg

("File-based encryption enables a new feature introduced in Android 7.0 called Direct Boot. Direct Boot allows encrypted devices to boot straight to the lock screen. Previously, on encrypted devices using full-disk encryption (FDE), users needed to provide credentials before any data could be accessed, preventing the phone from performing all but the most basic of operations")

the file based surely has backdoors... actually prefered that full-disk encryption... it is the same on GNU Linux... type the password straight after power on... forget about the gui-login... it is not secure...

does this mean the FBE ("File Based Encryption") TWRP enabled Version is also for lineage-17.1-20200819-UNOFFICIAL-angler.zip because it is Android 10?

Yes! and maybe try flashing magisk with the FBE twrp version
Link:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

After about 10 reboots I can confirm so far this is the case.

what was done:

did not flash the:

! Installation failed
    ! Process error"

rename it to zip?

rename it to zip?

Yes! and maybe try flashing magisk with the FBE twrp version
    Link:
    yUIn6TF.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 10, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Important Info:
    To flash this rom you need TWRP 3.3.1.0 or newer.

Make sure you have the vendor, radio, & bootloader img's installed, from the stock oreo 8.1 OPM7.181205.001 Dec 2018 factory image.
    They can be extracted from the factory image on google's site here. Or you can use the ones linked below that I already extracted:
    vendor, radio, bootloader img's: https://androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=286833
    The vendor img is flashable with twrp or fastboot. For the radio and bootloader img, use fastboot.

Instructions:
    If updating from an unofficial lineage-17.1 build, follow the steps below:
    1. If you don't already have them installed, flash the newest vendor, radio, and bootloader img's linked above.
    2. Boot into TWRP.
    3. Flash the ROM zip.
    4. Reboot & enjoy.

NOTE: if you previously flashed gapps and/or the su addon, there's no need to flash them again. They will be automatically re-installed during rom zip installation.

If coming from a different ROM:
    1. If you don't already have them installed, flash the newest vendor, radio, and bootloader img's linked above. also make sure you have the newest twrp, linked above.
    2. Boot into TWRP.
    3. Wipe system & data & cache partitions.
    4. Format data.
    5. Flash rom & GApps & su zips (GApps & su zips are optional).
    6. Reboot & enjoy.

For more info or more detailed instructions, visit our wiki here.

Downloads:

Reporting Bugs:
    • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
    Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Code:
    What is your--
    LineageOS version:
    LineageOS Download url:
    Gapps version:

Did you--
    wipe:
    restore with titanium backup:
    reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
    a task killer:
    a non-stock kernel:
    other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:

Source Code:

XDA:DevDB Information
    LineageOS 17.1, ROM for the Huawei Nexus 6P

Contributors
    PixelBoot
    Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS

ROM OS Version: Android 10
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
    Based On: LineageOS

Version Information
    Testing

Created 2019-11-30
    Last Updated 2020-08-08
    Install Instructions

• Grab our recovery from the peripherals section and install it.
      Through TWRP Recovery:
      Install Zip > Install Image > Choose ‘recovery.img‘ > Select partition ‘Recovery’ > Swipe to confirm flash
      Through Fastboot:
      Code:
      fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
    • Install the ROM and then wipe your internal data partition.
      Through TWRP Recovery:
      Wipe > Format data
      Through Fastboot:
      Code:
      fastboot -w
    • Reboot into system and wait until the process finishes, it could take a little bit. After the installation is done, I suggest waiting before using the phone because it usually goes into thermal throttling after installing a ROM.
    Peripherals

FBE Recovery
    : TWRP
    FBE Recovery (4 Core): TWRP
    BLOD Patch (4 Core): boot.img
    April Update

LineageOS Updates:
    • April Security Patch

Device Updates:
    • Added support for unofficial OTA updates
    • SELinux fixes
    • Network fixes