- May 4, 2015
Thanks a lot. No changes on the custom rom front, am I right?Last time few people asked me to describe rooting of my Atom L step by step. Here it is. The method is very similar to what is described in the top, but here a recovery for "Atom XL" is used instead of recovery for "Atom L" that didn't work when I've tried it. Now is it possible that last version of TWRP works, but I didn't try it.
1. Standard steps to provide control of the phone via adb: unlock bootloader, install adb anf fastboot on the computer, enable USB debugging, connect the phone to the computer, ensure that adb sees the phone.
2. Run `adb reboot bootloader` to put your device in bootloader mode
3. Run `fastboot flash --disable-verification --disable-verity vbmeta vbmeta.img`
4. Run `fastboot flash --disable-verification --disable-verity vbmeta_system vbmeta_system.img`
5. Run `fastboot flash --disable-verification --disable-verity vbmeta_vendor vbmeta_vendor.img`
6. Run `fastboot flash recovery "Recovery XL.img"` (this is a recovery of Atom XL)
7. Run `fastboot reboot`, after thet press volume+ button to enter recovery
8. Choose Apply Update, then Apply Update from ADB.
5. Run `adb sideload Magisk-v20.4.zip` from your PC
6. Wait for the process to finish. The recovery might prompt something about verification failure, just ignore it and continue anyway.
8. Reboot into system and enjoy.