• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][UNOFFICIAL] LineageOS 17.1 for Xiaomi Mi 8 Pro

Search This thread

()Ian.j$||>{}

Jun 26, 2020
Thanks

Thanks!!!! Amazing! I'm happy to see development for this amazing device, I hope it continue with the project

Last edited:

jwhan

After I reboot the phone about 5 times. I cannt use mobile network data. The phone just shows "not set to use data" in the quick settings iron. In Settings -> Network & Internet, I tap on either SIM card and it lets me change the default SIM for calls and the default SIM for texts but not to change the mobile data. I can only remove the sim cards from the phone and plug in the phone again to set the default mobile data sim card. Anyone face the same problem? I tried search it in Google but nothing found. Do you guys know how to fix this problem? Screenshot_20200628-222323_Settings.jpg

Sent from my MI 8 Pro using Tapatalk

eremeya

Sep 29, 2010
After I reboot the phone about 5 times. I cannt use mobile network data. The phone just shows "not set to use data" in the quick settings iron. In Settings -> Network & Internet, I tap on either SIM card and it lets me change the default SIM for calls and the default SIM for texts but not to change the mobile data. I can only remove the sim cards from the phone and plug in the phone again to set the default mobile data sim card. Anyone face the same problem? I tried search it in Google but nothing found. Do you guys know how to fix this problem?

Do you use two SIMs? Have you tried resetting the network settings in Settings -> System -> Reset Options?

jwhan

Do you use two SIMs? Have you tried resetting the network settings in Settings -> System -> Reset Options?
Thank you for your reply bro, I use two Sims. I think this way is much easier, but will it wipe all the WiFi passwords and bluetooth devices I paired? If yes I rather than remove the SIM cards and plug in the phone again [emoji26]

通过我的 MI 8 Pro 上的 Tapatalk发言

eremeya

Sep 29, 2010
Thank you for your reply bro, I use two Sims. I think this way is much easier, but will it wipe all the WiFi passwords and bluetooth devices I paired? If yes I rather than remove the SIM cards and plug in the phone again [emoji26]

通过我的 MI 8 Pro 上的 Tapatalk发言
Yes, it does wipe the wifi passwords and Bluetooth devices.

jwhan

What's needed to make this ROM Official?
UNOFFICIAL LineageOS build difference:
  1. Built by a developer without validating the code changes of the ROM build.
  2. There is no guarantee that an UNOFFICIAL LineageOS build will have every hardware working.
  3. Nobody knows when the next release is going to be available.
  4. There is no integrity over availability of LineageOS ROM for various devices. Unofficial LineageOS builds are not certain to be found at one place. The only way to get it is to use Google or search on forums like LineageOS ROMs Forums or xda-developers.

eremeya

Sep 29, 2010
UNOFFICIAL LineageOS build difference:
Built by a developer without validating the code changes of the ROM build.
There is no guarantee that an UNOFFICIAL LineageOS build will have every hardware working.
Nobody knows when the next release is going to be available.
There is no integrity over availability of LineageOS ROM for various devices. Unofficial LineageOS builds are not certain to be found at one place. The only way to get it is to use Google or search on forums like LineageOS ROMs Forums or xda-developers.

I understand this. I had an LG G5 that had unofficially builds but because of how they had to borrow or adapt some of the code there was no way it would ever become official. I was wondering if it is a similar case with the MI 8 Pro.

manjish

Jan 26, 2010
Looking forward for the development of this phone. Thanks a lot op and everyone involved.

bgcngm

Recognized Developer
I understand this. I had an LG G5 that had unofficially builds but because of how they had to borrow or adapt some of the code there was no way it would ever become official. I was wondering if it is a similar case with the MI 8 Pro.
It's not. The only reason that prevents me to make it official is because I don't want to maintain a device blindly. I don't own a Mi 8 Pro myself. If I had one, then things would be different.

samtinel

Jul 15, 2020
I wouldn't recommend using TWRP to install this ROM, since there is no trustworthy source out there. LineageOS now has its own recovery, which you can use to install LOS via sideload.
Can't post a link, since I don't have 10 posts yet. If you need it and cannot compile on you own, dm me.

samtinel

Jul 15, 2020
Sound recording works for me, also when connected to a bluetooth box.
Bugs I've encountered:
1. Entering the SIM pin is janky. To be able to enter it normaller, hold one finger on the screen, and use the other to enter the numbers and confirm.
2. This one is important so watch out! If you have two SIM cards, your preferred one for mobile data won't be saved. On every reboot, make sure it is the correct one (I think it will always select slot 1).
3. In settings, the FOD overlay is on top of the on screen keyboard, when you try to eg rename one fingerprint. On my keyboard that means no 'g' for example. Guess it's a finerprint now ;).
?. This one only happened once and I haven't been able to replicate, but thougt that I mention it anyway. In very dark environment taking a picture of the sky can lead to a crash, possibly because it can't focus? Haven't been able to try again

If you have input on any of them, especially 1), tell me. According to @bgcngm 2) is not fixable.

Last edited:

rederik79

Jan 31, 2011
Grizzana Morandi (BO)
I guys, I'm glad for this rom, finally anything for this incredible device. I want to make just a question, I have the last .eu beta on my device, all working fine, you think is better this last version of lineage or for now is better to remaining on the last .eu beta?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 10 (Q), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

Base source code is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to the project, please visit our Gerrit Code Review.

GPL compliance:
    yG18r6g.png

Working:
    • Camera (and flashlight)
    • WiFi
    • Bluetooth
    • Telephony (Calls and Data)
    • IMS (VoLTE and WiFi Calling)
    • Audio (Record and Playback)
    • Video Playback
    • Sensors
    • GPS
    • NFC
    • Encryption (FBE)
    • Under display fingerprint

Broken:
    • Nothing (?)

Compatibility:
    Compatible with all Xiaomi Mi 8 Pro variants.​
    Builds are based off the Xiaomi's Android 10 firmware with proprietary blobs from MIUI v11.0.3.0 global stable package.​

Downloads:

Notice:
    • No custom kernels are supported in this thread. Only stock kernel and official builds will be supported. No bug reports if that's not the case.

Installation:
    • Reboot to recovery
    • Format /system, /data and /cache
    • Install LineageOS zip package
    • Install [optional] a Google Apps package of your choice (Open GApps is advisable, but stock and super variants are not recommended!!!)
    Important notes:
    • * Required * firmware version must be based on MIUI Q-based builds.
    • GApps can only be flashed on clean installs.
    • Formatting data (all user data is wiped, including internal storage) is a must if MIUI was previously installed and device was encrypted.

Credits & collaborations:
    All LineageOS team would like to thank everyone involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging & documenting! Enjoy!​
    It's not. The only reason that prevents me to make it official is because I don't want to maintain a device blindly. I don't own a Mi 8 Pro myself. If I had one, then things would be different.
    Yes, I would advise you to clean install as I am not sure where you got that old build. By doing so, you can flash the latest MIUI firmware while at it.

As for the remaining questions I have no answer. Try and report.
    New build uploaded.
    I didn't have this problem, but there's an issue with fingerprint sensor position if you choose to hide the notch. I had no problem save my fingerprint, through a screen protector I put on 2 years ago.
    Yes, that's a known issue. But I am sure you can live with it for now, just don't hide the notch.