[ROM][UNOFFICIAL] LineageOS 17.1 for Xiaomi Mi 8 Pro

Search This thread

aniukok

Mar 31, 2008
Here are some of my feedback :
1:
Double tap to wake from lock screen isn't working as responsive as it is in MIUI ROM ,most of the time it will only wake from lock screen if I double tap for the second atempt.

2:
My personal request for button function customisation for "Recents " long press to switch to "Last App", long press "Back" to Lock Screen action, long press "Home" to take a screenshots.

3:
This kernel has the BEST improvement over MIUI ROM is that the External Type C Microphone audio quality in Video shooting is extremely good ,Crisp and Clear . I do a lots of vlogging and some short videos using this ROM and it really gives a high quality footage using Gcam port and Filmic Pro.

Thanks for your effort in cooking this ROM.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 10 (Q), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

Base source code is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to the project, please visit our Gerrit Code Review.

GPL compliance:
    yG18r6g.png

Working:
    • Camera (and flashlight)
    • WiFi
    • Bluetooth
    • Telephony (Calls and Data)
    • IMS (VoLTE and WiFi Calling)
    • Audio (Record and Playback)
    • Video Playback
    • Sensors
    • GPS
    • NFC
    • Encryption (FBE)
    • Under display fingerprint

Broken:
    • Nothing (?)

Compatibility:
    Compatible with all Xiaomi Mi 8 Pro variants.​
    Builds are based off the Xiaomi's Android 10 firmware with proprietary blobs from MIUI v11.0.3.0 global stable package.​

Downloads:

Notice:
    • No custom kernels are supported in this thread. Only stock kernel and official builds will be supported. No bug reports if that's not the case.

Installation:
    • Reboot to recovery
    • Format /system, /data and /cache
    • Install LineageOS zip package
    • Install [optional] a Google Apps package of your choice (Open GApps is advisable, but stock and super variants are not recommended!!!)
    Important notes:
    • * Required * firmware version must be based on MIUI Q-based builds.
    • GApps can only be flashed on clean installs.
    • Formatting data (all user data is wiped, including internal storage) is a must if MIUI was previously installed and device was encrypted.

Credits & collaborations:
    All LineageOS team would like to thank everyone involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging & documenting! Enjoy!​
    I understand this. I had an LG G5 that had unofficially builds but because of how they had to borrow or adapt some of the code there was no way it would ever become official. I was wondering if it is a similar case with the MI 8 Pro.
    It's not. The only reason that prevents me to make it official is because I don't want to maintain a device blindly. I don't own a Mi 8 Pro myself. If I had one, then things would be different.
    Yes, I would advise you to clean install as I am not sure where you got that old build. By doing so, you can flash the latest MIUI firmware while at it.

As for the remaining questions I have no answer. Try and report.
    New build uploaded.
    I didn't have this problem, but there's an issue with fingerprint sensor position if you choose to hide the notch. I had no problem save my fingerprint, through a screen protector I put on 2 years ago.
    Yes, that's a known issue. But I am sure you can live with it for now, just don't hide the notch.