[ROM][UNOFFICIAL] LineageOS 17.1 for Xperia 10 II [OTA][SODP]

Search This thread

bamdadkhan

Oct 7, 2013
Well... The kernel of the current builds triggers a double free call on something inside the EXT4 filesystem - as my system only crashes on first login I assume something is really broken inside the decryption routines... Which is very, very bad... I'll try to use an other version of the kernel, but I guess all data is doomed at this point.

And regarding the Lineage Recovery: I could strip it, but won't be able to include any replacement (I have currently no time to integrate or even port the TWRP fork for SODP)... So, I'll let it be as it is.
i understand it would be hard to maintain. not to mention the available TWRP has some issues it seems (decryption, ADB sideload etc.)
"FIXED" IT! I was able to boot my device using an older kernel version - it seems like newer kernel versions have a bug inside the EXT4 filesystem driver, which causes the system to panic during decryption! I'll try to recompile my engineering build as userdebug and push it ASAP. Again, I'm very sorry for your data loss, but I hope this saves others from experiencing the same pain.
no worries, at least this reminded me that i need a proper backup solution and set up a nextcloud instance on a VPS. : )
too bad i didn't have any other option but to lose all my data and go with a different ROM for the time being. never would have suspected the ext4 module as it's so mainstream..

this makes me wonder though.. do you know of any full nandroid(-like) backup solution with LOS recovery? that way i could take a snapshot of my current working setup, flash oem from SODP and try your debug build(s) without much hassle..

> no worries, at least this reminded me that i need a proper backup solution and set up a nextcloud instance on a VPS. : )

Hehe - this is also my solution :)

> this makes me wonder though.. do you know of any full nandroid(-like) backup solution with LOS recovery? that way i could take a snapshot of my current working setup, flash oem from SODP and try your debug build(s) without much hassle..

Well, recoveries are all not happy with the FBE of newer Androids... I personally use TitaniumBackup, as it may has an very old UI (it still works) BUT needs an running OS (either fresh or your current). As your files are all encrypted using a key only available inside the physical hardware "keystore" there is no real way of just copy-paste your data, either using the raw partition-images or using file-based solutions. Any new OS installation tends to wipe that keystore and install its own keys into it.
Maybe you could try to rsync all your files from /data/data and this way circumventing the encryption. Keep in mind there is a good chance, that the OS itself uses some sort of secret key to authenticate itself against the hardware keystore - if you restore this key you will basically wipe the keystore again and this way lock the encryption again :)

bamdadkhan

Oct 7, 2013
> no worries, at least this reminded me that i need a proper backup solution and set up a nextcloud instance on a VPS. : )

Hehe - this is also my solution :)

> this makes me wonder though.. do you know of any full nandroid(-like) backup solution with LOS recovery? that way i could take a snapshot of my current working setup, flash oem from SODP and try your debug build(s) without much hassle..

Well, recoveries are all not happy with the FBE of newer Androids... I personally use TitaniumBackup, as it may has an very old UI (it still works) BUT needs an running OS (either fresh or your current). As your files are all encrypted using a key only available inside the physical hardware "keystore" there is no real way of just copy-paste your data, either using the raw partition-images or using file-based solutions. Any new OS installation tends to wipe that keystore and install its own keys into it.
Maybe you could try to rsync all your files from /data/data and this way circumventing the encryption. Keep in mind there is a good chance, that the OS itself uses some sort of secret key to authenticate itself against the hardware keystore - if you restore this key you will basically wipe the keystore again and this way lock the encryption again :)
yeah i know all about those, but TiBackup is ooooold and doesn't really handle xapks properly. rsyncing is fine, but you need a running system *or* a non-limited recovery to have access to the decrypted partition. i'm also thinking of simply using fastboot to dump the partitions one by one with a script on my laptop.. might look into that.

this reminds me how easy it was to switch between systems before LOS crippled their recovery and before all this slot a/b nonsense.. : (((

Hey,

as you guys may have already noted, I have stopped the active development phase for this LOS port a while ago. This was caused by me just not having enough time to do everything and additionally maintain a LOS port.

Today I'll upload the last maintenance build to the OTA server and mirrors. Of course I somehow included a little bug, which causes the system to complain about "an internal problem", which seem to be caused by some interaction with the OpenGApps package installer. Now, it is a feature. 😄 I'll may post one more update, if I figure this one out.

Nevertheless, I'll shut down the OTA service at 2022-06-01 (see https://status.simonmicro.de) and will then archive all project data. It was a great time to learn many (new/nasty) things about Android and how everything works. I have to say "thank you" to everyone, who supported me and was on board with this project.

See you next time,
simonmicro

Attachments

• lineage-17.1-20220201-UNOFFICIAL-pdx201_DSDS-signed-ota_update.zip
    507 MB · Views: 15

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey,

as you guys may have already noted, I have stopped the active development phase for this LOS port a while ago. This was caused by me just not having enough time to do everything and additionally maintain a LOS port.

Today I'll upload the last maintenance build to the OTA server and mirrors. Of course I somehow included a little bug, which causes the system to complain about "an internal problem", which seem to be caused by some interaction with the OpenGApps package installer. Now, it is a feature. 😄 I'll may post one more update, if I figure this one out.

Nevertheless, I'll shut down the OTA service at 2022-06-01 (see https://status.simonmicro.de) and will then archive all project data. It was a great time to learn many (new/nasty) things about Android and how everything works. I have to say "thank you" to everyone, who supported me and was on board with this project.

See you next time,
    simonmicro
    @Simonmicro
    Is it possible to add GCam support in your ROM?
    What exactly do you want? The default camera of the LOS is already used (Snap). We could migrate it to Snap2, but this would "downgrade" the feature set of the app (loosing the qrcode scanner). When you want the Google Camera you should be able to just install it using the Google Play Store or just download the respective apk and patch the config as already by @Sjll done for her version of the rom.
    I would like to not include it by default, as the main goal of LOS is to be clean from any Google stuff by default. Also this version of LOS tries to maximize the used Open-Source code, which would also interfere with this goal.
    Yes and no. Is it still my daily-driver? Yes. Have I any time to fix the current OTA builds? No. Any time to port to LOS 18+? Also no. So, I promise that I will update the post when I intent to not maintain this port anymore (and then also switch my daily-driver), but for now there also won't be any updates, as something somewhere upstream broke again...

A bigger problem is that I do not want to break anything with future updates (sjll had some great additions, but they would need a reformatted data partition) and therefore also have to go that extra step of ensuring this - which take even more time.

So yeah. This is the status now... As promised: When I give this port up, you will be notified.
    When I was installing this on Saturday, and I found this a bit unclear. I was able to install nano but not micro (micro installed, but the phone wouldn't boot and said it was bricked. Cue panic. Re-followed instructions w/nano instead and no problems).
    The OpenGApps sizes are pico < nano < micro and so on. I'm sure that pico works, as I use it myself and (based on the size) also nano should work. I know that micro+ is broken - but as I said, I do not want to increase the system image size more to keep the update (and packages) small...

I freaked out a bit when the GPS wasn't working, but turns out my house just kills the signal. Was working fine for either maps, osm+ or Fito track when out from under the rock. The front camera is working for open camera but not the default camera as above.
    Hehe - same for me (gps). The cameras are still fun... Somewhere is some config screwed up... Also somebody (...) told me that the camera2 HALs are beyond messy...

My fingerprint reader isn't working for Keepass2 to do quick unlocks (ironic, as that is actually the only thing that really needs it). It looks to be some sort of Java NullPointerException. Copying it proved somewhat difficult (can't just highlight it for some reason). Lmk if the details would be useful and I'll see if I can figure it out.
    Okay. Nett2Know... I'll add it to my issue list. Damn it...

More that all that though, thanks to all the devs working on LineageOS, and particularly Simon and Martin for putting this together and Simon for maintaining, and Sjll for her work on this ROM and the 18.1 one! Its a real quality of life upgrade having this available. Y'all are awesome.
    On behalf of the whole team: Thank you 😄
    anyone else having problems with the latest OTA? it boots then immediately shuts down. lineage recovery is a crapchute and says i need to reformat, but changing active slots - essentially going back to the may 10 release - works.

i'd like to know if this is reproducible by anyone..
    Shoot, I can confirm! I had not yet restarted my phone for a while and therefore not noticed that yet. I'll take it down ASAP and look further into it (I'm also restoring an older version of it). Sh*t!