[ROM][UNOFFICIAL] LineageOS 18.0 for HTC One M8 / M8 Dual SIM

Search This thread
Jun 14, 2022
Been using the 18.1 builds by Nolen J and they are very stable. I.ve not had any major issues.
Hey. Do you have a link to it? I've been trying to install lineage 17.1, 18.0 (the unofficial) and 18.1 on it, but I can't get my wifi running. It identifies the SSIDs, but it refuses to connect. With an older OS (crdroid 6) it works without any issues.

Last edited:
Jun 14, 2022
I think I was actually testing it wrongly [later edit: actually it wasn't really wrong, given that on crdroid android 7 I was able to connect to my router]. With my hotspot it does work, but only if I set it to 2,4 Ghz.

Any ideas how I can use the physical buttons to navigate instead of android built-in gestures?
If I go to settings - system - advanced - gestures - system navigation, it adds the buttons within the screen, so on top of the haptic buttons (or whatever they're called)

Last edited:

fela4

Apr 7, 2016
Utopia
HTC One (M8)
How does the 18.1 build compare to AICP?
Besides the size, I'd say I find the LOS build to be very stable as there have been more bug fixes in the latest build but overall, the stability is comparable, AICP has way more customization options though, while LOS is near stock. I just like that LOS comes with the Gapps. You can test both and see which one is the best fit

Reactions: tejljr

fela4

Apr 7, 2016
Utopia
HTC One (M8)

ze7zez

Hi there everyone!
Even since it seems like new builds are coming anyways, i have done a new build myself:
It's completely based on bgcngm's work and the key differences are:

(...)

Download here
If the afh mirror doesn´t work, here is an alternative mirror.
@bgcngm idk maybe it's better to revert your commit aswell as it really helps a lot with the memory situation :)
(...)
Does adding gapps to the ROMs on oddsolutions that you linked to in the post have a better effect on smoothness?
The slow 18.1 is written about by users in another thread.

Last edited:
Does adding gapps to the ROMs on oddsolutions that you linked to in the post have a better effect on smoothness?
The slow 18.1 is written about by users in another thread.
i guess any kind of gapps will slow down the device.
It shouldn´t though.
I have an Xperia Z3 compact which happens to have the same SoC and 2GB of RAM and runs official 18.1 builds very well.
But it seems like 18.1 for m8 has weird memory issues that causes stuttering and slowdowns due to i/o waits on mass storage loading stuff.

I may sort out the issue by asking the AICP maintainer, he uses different settings for builds that affect the memory-managment and works much much better actually.
But my skills are very limited so no warranty here for an fix.

btw. everything on oddsolutions is uploaded by bgcngm

Reactions: fela4 and ze7zez
I'm using AICP 16.1 since quite some time as a daily driver. Apart from the missing hotpspot (LOS issue) I also experience slow down effects on intensive use. It appears that some apps don't return their RAM even when they closed. ACIP gives you a better status on the availibility of memory.

Since AICP 16.1 based on LOS 18 (Android 11) is not maintained since July, 3rd I expect AICP 17.1 in a few weeks. I also tested LOS 19 (Android 12) which runs pretty smoothly but still has some bugs what doesn't surprise me. But it's going on and that's great !

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    @bgcngm Is there any chance that we will get official 18.1 build soon?
    Not sure about official, but I will soon release a new test build. I will decide based on the feedback.
    Hey guys!
    Good news!

Since there were no updates to this rom in a very long time, i decided to build myself using the lineage repos
    You can get it here:

I just booted it up, didn't test much yet but should have the same bugs/features as listed in post #1
    -Latest Lineage source
    -Latest security patch
    -18.0 -> 18.1
    Only single sim atm, but if people are interested in dual sim, i may build for this one aswell
    2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11 (R), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

Base source code is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to the project, please visit our Gerrit Code Review.

GPL compliance:
    yG18r6g.png

Working:
    • WiFi
    • Bluetooth
    • ANT+
    • Camera (including video recording)
    • FM Radio
    • Telephony (Calls, MMS/SMS and Mobile data)
    • Audio (Record and Playback)
    • Video Playback
    • Sensors
    • GPS

Broken / not yet supported:
    • MHL
    • NFC

Compatibility:
    Single SIM variants:
    Builds are compatible with all M8 single SIM variants (m8ul, m8vzw and m8spr).​
    Dual SIM variants:
    Builds are compatible with all M8 Dual SIM variants (m8dug and m8dwg).​
    In both cases, all builds are based off the HTC's Android 6.0.1 firmware and kernel with binaries from Android 6.0 GPe.

Downloads:
    Single SIM variants:
    Dual SIM variants:

Installation:
    • Reboot to recovery (TWRP by @Captain_Throwback) - Direct link
    • Wipe /system, /data and /cache
    • Install LineageOS zip package
      [*]Install [optional] a Google Apps package of your choice (Open GApps is advisable, but stock and super variants are not recommended!!!)

Credits & collaborations
    This work is due to efforts from everyone involved in M8 development. The LineageOS team would like to thank everyone involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging & documenting! Enjoy!

Device wiki:
    Single SIM variants:
    Dual SIM variants:
    @bgcngm do you abandon M8?
    If yes then I have to go back LOS 17.1. with 18 not even QR code scanning working.
    No, I have just been busy with real life stuff.
    Not sure about official, but I will soon release a new test build. I will decide based on the feedback.

I'd definitely go for it. My M8 is up and running and carries a new M9 battery :)