• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][UNOFFICIAL] LineageOS 18.0 for HTC One M8 / M8 Dual SIM

Search This thread

tzcrawford

May 16, 2021
I installed this rom for v18.0 yesterday on a brand new M8 single-sim I bought on ebay for 70$. I used open gapps pico from the sourceforge 20210130 arm testing repository here:
https://sourceforge.net/projects/opengapps/files/arm/test/20210130/

Everything seems like it's working as it should although sometimes, maybe once a day, I'll be working the phone really hard and it will start to slow down and freeze. So I'll have to hold the volume up and power buttons until it restarts. Kind of annoying. But it's still way faster than the Sam-trash S7 I am getting rid of. I'm excited for 18.1 to be officially supported.

Reactions: tejljr

sladeaugustine

May 19, 2021
2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11 (R), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

Base source code is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to the project, please visit our Gerrit Code Review.

GPL compliance:
yG18r6g.png

Working:
  • WiFi
  • Bluetooth
  • ANT+
  • Camera (including video recording)
  • FM Radio
  • Telephony (Calls, MMS/SMS and Mobile data)
  • Audio (Record and Playback)
  • Video Playback
  • Sensors
  • GPS

Broken / not yet supported:
  • MHL
  • NFC

Compatibility:
Single SIM variants:
Builds are compatible with all M8 single SIM variants (m8ul, m8vzw and m8spr).​
Dual SIM variants:
Builds are compatible with all M8 Dual SIM variants (m8dug and m8dwg).​
In both cases, all builds are based off the HTC's Android 6.0.1 firmware and kernel with binaries from Android 6.0 GPe.

Downloads:
Single SIM variants:
Dual SIM variants:

Installation:
  • Reboot to recovery (TWRP by @Captain_Throwback) - Direct link
  • Wipe /system, /data and /cache
  • Install LineageOS zip package
    [*]Install [optional] a Google Apps package of your choice (Open GApps is advisable, but stock and super variants are not recommended!!!)

Credits & collaborations
This work is due to efforts from everyone involved in M8 development. The LineageOS team would like to thank everyone involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging & documenting! Enjoy!

Device wiki:
Single SIM variants:
Dual SIM variants:
Im running lineage 15.1 and works great.....Only one thing i wish for ...the camera app do not recognise the top camera so image/video quality is poor...Does this rom enable the duo affects on the camera???

Sheybrand

May 29, 2021
2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11 (R), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

Base source code is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to the project, please visit our Gerrit Code Review.

GPL compliance:
yG18r6g.png

Working:
  • WiFi
  • Bluetooth
  • ANT+
  • Camera (including video recording)
  • FM Radio
  • Telephony (Calls, MMS/SMS and Mobile data)
  • Audio (Record and Playback)
  • Video Playback
  • Sensors
  • GPS

Broken / not yet supported:
  • MHL
  • NFC

Compatibility:
Single SIM variants:
Builds are compatible with all M8 single SIM variants (m8ul, m8vzw and m8spr).​
Dual SIM variants:
Builds are compatible with all M8 Dual SIM variants (m8dug and m8dwg).​
In both cases, all builds are based off the HTC's Android 6.0.1 firmware and kernel with binaries from Android 6.0 GPe.

Downloads:
Single SIM variants:
Dual SIM variants:

Installation:
  • Reboot to recovery (TWRP by @Captain_Throwback) - Direct link
  • Wipe /system, /data and /cache
  • Install LineageOS zip package
    [*]Install [optional] a Google Apps package of your choice (Open GApps is advisable, but stock and super variants are not recommended!!!)

Credits & collaborations
This work is due to efforts from everyone involved in M8 development. The LineageOS team would like to thank everyone involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging & documenting! Enjoy!

Device wiki:
Single SIM variants:
Dual SIM variants:
I installed Lineage OS 18.0, Gapps and Magisk with success on my HTC m8 everything worked fine except that I couldnt set a password for screenlock as the app keeps failing... but on my first restart phone keeps restarting after booting and i cant get into recovery.

I have tried recovery with adb but not working, I have also tried, recovery and factory reset in in fastboot "my bootloader is unlocked."

Anyone with an idea of what went wrong and what i can do, phone keeps restarting all day dobt know what else to do.

Last edited:

@[email protected]

Sep 15, 2019
Donbass
I installed Lineage OS 18.0, Gapps and Magisk with success on my HTC m8 everything worked fine except that I couldnt set a password for screenlock as the app keeps failing... but on my first restart phone keeps restarting after booting and i cant get into recovery.

I have tried recovery with adb but not working, I have also tried, recovery and factory reset in in fastboot "my bootloader is unlocked."

Anyone with an idea of what went wrong and what i can do, phone keeps restarting all day dobt know what else to do.
I had the same trouble and I installed the stock service RUU firmware in the form of .EXE.

Hey guys!
Good news!

Since there were no updates to this rom in a very long time, i decided to build myself using the lineage repos
You can get it here:

I just booted it up, didn't test much yet but should have the same bugs/features as listed in post #1
-Latest Lineage source
-Latest security patch
-18.0 -> 18.1
Only single sim atm, but if people are interested in dual sim, i may build for this one aswell

Attachments

• IMG_20210608_131253.jpg
    IMG_20210608_131253.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 112
  • IMG_20210608_131727.jpg
    IMG_20210608_131727.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 112

AndisDroid

Aug 18, 2018
Hey guys!
Good news!

Since there were no updates to this rom in a very long time, i decided to build myself using the lineage repos
You can get it here:

I just booted it up, didn't test much yet but should have the same bugs/features as listed in post #1
-Latest Lineage source
-Latest security patch
-18.0 -> 18.1
Only single sim atm, but if people are interested in dual sim, i may build for this one aswell
I also created a build. Free for testing. Can be downloaded here: https://my.hidrive.com/share/ub1gf1itr2

@[email protected]

Sep 15, 2019
Donbass

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210718-113153_File_Manager_+.png
    Screenshot_20210718-113153_File_Manager_+.png
    134 KB · Views: 35
  • Screenshot_20210718-113339_File_Manager_+.png
    Screenshot_20210718-113339_File_Manager_+.png
    142.1 KB · Views: 35

AndisDroid

Aug 18, 2018