[ROM][UNOFFICIAL] LineageOS 18.0 for HTC One M8 / M8 Dual SIM

Search This thread

genesis89

B-K

Nov 4, 2012
Uploaded a new build --> lineage-18.1-20210720-UNOFFICIAL-m8

@Extended reboot: needs to be enabled. Check this: Settings > System > Advanced > Gestures > Power menu > Advanced restart

It's working on my side.
Edit: I've resolved the problem by myself.

I've been attempting to build this myself, and I was wondering if you (or anyone else reading) could offer me some advice. Your builds work fine, they boot and everything is smooth. My own builds freeze at the initial lineage logo animation and the m8 gradually heats up as it makes no progress. This continues without end.

Is there anything special you are doing to complete the build process? The only unusual thing I had to do to satisfy the build dependencies was manually add a dex_import section to one of the vendor Android.bp files for htcirlibs.jar. Otherwise, I am using basic Ubuntu 21 with all the required tools from the standard repositories and the build process from the lineage wiki.

I have tried extracting blobs from both my own m8 and your provided build, as well as both signed and unsigned builds, to no avail. Any advice that anyone could offer would be appreciated.

Last edited:

evanshaw

Aug 5, 2021
Hey guys!
Good news!

Since there were no updates to this rom in a very long time, i decided to build myself using the lineage repos
You can get it here:

I just booted it up, didn't test much yet but should have the same bugs/features as listed in post #1
-Latest Lineage source
-Latest security patch
-18.0 -> 18.1
Only single sim atm, but if people are interested in dual sim, i may build for this one aswell
Installed this last night and as usual the first app I install is AVG antivirus. Did a scan and low and behold, this ROM has Malware. "Profiles Trust Provider - installed in the System partition". This is the second malware I've found this week, the other for another phone. Sounds dodgy to me, so users beware.

Installed this last night and as usual the first app I install is AVG antivirus. Did a scan and low and behold, this ROM has Malware. "Profiles Trust Provider - installed in the System partition". This is the second malware I've found this week, the other for another phone. Sounds dodgy to me, so users beware.
There´s nothing to worry about to be honest.
It´s part of the lineage SDK and AVG probably doesn´t know "Profiles Trust Provider" but detected activities which have system level access but since it´s part of the system, it´s totally fine.

chuy19312

Sep 12, 2019
Hey guys!
Good news!

Since there were no updates to this rom in a very long time, i decided to build myself using the lineage repos
You can get it here:

I just booted it up, didn't test much yet but should have the same bugs/features as listed in post #1
-Latest Lineage source
-Latest security patch
-18.0 -> 18.1
Only single sim atm, but if people are interested in dual sim, i may build for this one aswell

I also created a build. Free for testing. Can be downloaded here: https://my.hidrive.com/share/ub1gf1itr2
I have an question. Does it have the problem that deletes TWRP after booting to rom? the first version of this rom for this phone did it, so i want to know because i could update my dad's phone to android 11

I have an question. Does it have the problem that deletes TWRP after booting to rom? the first version of this rom for this phone did it, so i want to know because i could update my dad's phone to android 11
Make sure to uncheck "update recovery alongside OS" in initial setup or in the lineageos updater

• Love
Reactions: chuy19312

h8isgr8

Jul 8, 2009
For some reason , Divest OS based on LOS 18.1 is the only ROM that has SIM/RIL working on my Verizon M8 , both LOS and AICP don't detect the sim but they boot up fine

It's working fine on my Verizon M8. LTE wasn't working until I figured out I had to select VZWINTERNET in the APN settings though.

h8isgr8

Jul 8, 2009
So I just connected my M8 to my bluetooth DAC and it connected by default with LDAC at 96kHz/24bits (I have Gabeldorsche enabled if that matters). An unexpected but pleasant surprise. I only installed LOS for the fun of it since I haven't used this phone in a couple of years, but I'll probably keep it in my living room now as my music streaming device.

I see, i have an question. Does it only affect if i update rom? i saw this rom is unofficial, so i think it will not affect me since i barely update unofficial roms
Well in the earlier days lineage-18.1 actually forced to override the recovery at boot every time.
Took me a while to realize why my M9 won´t boot into recovery mode anymore since it simply corrupted it every time the OS booted up.

Now i think it´s fixed, at least "update recovery" is disabled by default now, should be fine.

• Wow
Reactions: chuy19312

h8isgr8

Jul 8, 2009
Now i think it´s fixed, at least "update recovery" is disabled by default now, should be fine.

Yes, that option has been unchecked by default for me. I just dirty flashed yesterdays update, both recovery and bitgapps were preserved. I only had to reinstall magisk.

EDIT: Ok, maybe dirty flashing was the wrong thing to do or I messed something up (I really don't know what I'm doing tbh). The internal storage is completely empty... except it isn't. It shows as empty in both file explorer and when I connect it to my PC, but the capacity in both still shows 21.26GB used like the files are still actually there. What do?

EDIT 2: I did "fix contexts" in recovery and now it's working. Maybe the problem was from SELinux being enforced in the update? I don't know... me dumb.

Last edited:

chuy19312

Sep 12, 2019
Well in the earlier days lineage-18.1 actually forced to override the recovery at boot every time.
Took me a while to realize why my M9 won´t boot into recovery mode anymore since it simply corrupted it every time the OS booted up.

Wow, thank you very much for this information, now i will wait for my dad to get back from work and then update his android version

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    @bgcngm Is there any chance that we will get official 18.1 build soon?
    Not sure about official, but I will soon release a new test build. I will decide based on the feedback.
    Hey guys!
    Good news!

You can get it here:

-Latest Lineage source
    -Latest security patch
    -18.0 -> 18.1
    2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11 (R), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

Base source code is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to the project, please visit our Gerrit Code Review.

GPL compliance:
    yG18r6g.png

Working:
    • WiFi
    • Bluetooth
    • ANT+
    • Camera (including video recording)
    • FM Radio
    • Telephony (Calls, MMS/SMS and Mobile data)
    • Audio (Record and Playback)
    • Video Playback
    • Sensors
    • GPS

Broken / not yet supported:
    • MHL
    • NFC

Compatibility:
    Single SIM variants:
    Builds are compatible with all M8 single SIM variants (m8ul, m8vzw and m8spr).​
    Dual SIM variants:
    Builds are compatible with all M8 Dual SIM variants (m8dug and m8dwg).​
    In both cases, all builds are based off the HTC's Android 6.0.1 firmware and kernel with binaries from Android 6.0 GPe.

Downloads:
    Single SIM variants:
    Dual SIM variants:

Installation:
    • Reboot to recovery (TWRP by @Captain_Throwback) - Direct link
    • Wipe /system, /data and /cache
    • Install LineageOS zip package
      [*]Install [optional] a Google Apps package of your choice (Open GApps is advisable, but stock and super variants are not recommended!!!)

Credits & collaborations
    This work is due to efforts from everyone involved in M8 development. The LineageOS team would like to thank everyone involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging & documenting! Enjoy!

Device wiki:
    Single SIM variants:
    Dual SIM variants:
    @bgcngm do you abandon M8?
    If yes then I have to go back LOS 17.1. with 18 not even QR code scanning working.
    No, I have just been busy with real life stuff.
    Not sure about official, but I will soon release a new test build. I will decide based on the feedback.

I'd definitely go for it. My M8 is up and running and carries a new M9 battery :)