[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][LineageOS][19.1][dragon] -> 2023-01-11 (DISCONTINUED)

Search This thread

ipdev

Recognized Contributor
Feb 14, 2016
Google Nexus 10
Nexus 7 (2013)
:sneaky:

Add Magisk (canary) and a little help from [MODULE] MagiskHide Props Config - SafetyNet, prop edits, and more - v6.1.1 - [xdaThread] - Link

Cheers all. :cowboy:

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211118-012301.png
    Screenshot_20211118-012301.png
    183.2 KB · Views: 166

locuturus

LOS 19 is working pretty well so far. Followed followmsi dirty flash steps. First boot had some kind of text input bug but second boot is a-okay. Definitely looking forward for upcoming 12L tablet layout optimizations but I like how snappy this is at the moment. Typing this out on the desktop website is immediately responsive and that was not always true under LOS 18.

Reactions: followmsi and ipdev

Sparty73

Feb 4, 2012
Michigan
lineage-19.0 (BETA)

Let's go for Android 12 .. this is an early build of lineage-19.0 for Pixel C.

As Lineage SetupWizard is still missing I did made dirty upgrade from 18.1 and just wiped my system partition in TWRP. Still have to test clean install.
I have tested this build with open_gapps-arm64-12.0-nano-20211116-UNOFFICIAL_TEST.zip and Magisk 23.0.

lineage-19.0-20211117-UNOFFICIAL-dragon.zip

Known issues:
- Camera is not working yet
- Tons of lineage customizations / settings / bugfixes are still missing !
- SELinux is permissive
- Chrome browser still starts slowly and does not play certain videos.
- Maybe more issues ..

Again .. it's still a beta build.

Thanks to @ipdev for the opengapps test packages !

Enjoy Android 12 (y)
Thank you very much!

Alxoom33

May 18, 2011
New York
www.sack-ip.com
Google Pixel Tablet
LineageOS 18.1

The monthly security updates ..

lineage-18.1-20211104-UNOFFICIAL-dragon.zip

Changes:
- Google Security updates -> November 2021
- Minor device and kernel changes
- Patched frameworks/base & apps/PermissionController to support microG
- Latest LineageOS changes for Android 11

Enjoy :p
Thank you! Dirty flash was seamless. Using Stock test Gapps. Working smoothly so far! A12 on a 5 tear old Pixel C wow!😮

Alxoom33

May 18, 2011
New York
www.sack-ip.com
Google Pixel Tablet
LineageOS 18.1

The monthly security updates ..

lineage-18.1-20211104-UNOFFICIAL-dragon.zip

Changes:
- Google Security updates -> November 2021
- Minor device and kernel changes
- Patched frameworks/base & apps/PermissionController to support microG
- Latest LineageOS changes for Android 11

Thank you! Dirty flash was seamless. Using Stock test Gapps. Working smoothly so far! A12 on a 5 year old Pixel C wow!😮

Last edited:

EddieK23

Apr 25, 2014
I tested with NikGapps and all is well.
Only issue (that I think is more so with Android 12 and not this ROM) is that a lot of apps are "not supported" when trying to install from the Play Store, but then again this device is now so much faster and actually usable with this update

Will this work if I dirty flash over CR Droid? (LOS 19 i mean) Something has been draining my battery lately where I normally get a weeks worth of charge plus in just a day or so. When I am booting it tells me "three is an internal problem with your device". Not sure what caused it but looking to try this one!

UPDATE: Indeed the dirty flash over CR Droid does work!
UPDATE 2: Ok, a few quirks I have found. Not sure if these are because i flashed from CR droid or if their are other work arounds, but just letting everyone know in case they try 19
  • There is no way to enable reboot to recovery.
  • gboard was having some issues and had to remove it because it kept crashing..
UPDATE 3: Patching and flashing boot image with Magisk 2012.5.12 v23.0 results in bootlloop. Will remain unrooted for now until I can figure this one out, if maybe an older version still works.

Last edited:

locuturus

Anyone here know who to complain offer feedback to about the GApps Markup app having super bad resolution? For those who haven't noticed, take a screenshot and edit it using the little floating menu, choosing Markup if you get a choice of apps (Markup is the Google/Pixel screenshot editing app). This has, for I think 3 versions of Android now, reduced the effective resolution of the original screenshot to something like 480p on the Pixel C.

Alxoom33

May 18, 2011
New York
www.sack-ip.com
Google Pixel Tablet
Will this work if I dirty flash over CR Droid? (LOS 19 i mean) Something has been draining my battery lately where I normally get a weeks worth of charge plus in just a day or so. When I am booting it tells me "three is an internal problem with your device". Not sure what caused it but looking to try this one!

UPDATE 2: Ok, a few quirks I have found. Not sure if these are because i flashed from CR droid or if their are other work arounds, but just letting everyone know in case they try 19
UPDATE 3: Patching and flashing boot image with Magisk 2012.5.12 v23.0 results in bootlloop. Will remain unrooted for now until I can figure this one out, if maybe an older version still works.
Try latest TWRP Canary 23015.

Attachments

• Magisk-5d6d2417(23015).apk
    16.5 MB · Views: 20
Reactions: ipdev

ipdev

Recognized Contributor
Feb 14, 2016
Google Nexus 10
Nexus 7 (2013)

Results in same boot loop, "There is an internal problem with your device. Contact your manufacturer for details." when trying to flash modified boot image. Re-flashing rom gets me back to normal with all my apps and settings.
It is most likely due to the dirty flash.

crDroid is a close sister build to Lineage, most likely why it even worked.

The issues you have described are probably due to the cross distro dirty update.
Differences between internal handling of permissions and other settings.
Example: gBoard crashing.
Would not surprise me if their is an issue with Google Photos also.
[Missing or incorrect permission to Camera and/or the DCIM directory.]

Remember LineageOS 19 is still in development.
Some things are just missing or not implemented yet.
LineageOS Gerrit - WebSite - Link

Try a clean flash and see if you still have issues.
I do not think (at least I have not found) the option to reboot to recovery from the power option.​
adb reboot recovery works. :p
You can also use reboot recovery from a terminal app. ;)

Cheers. :cowboy:

Last edited:
Cool, no problem. Thanks for the support @ipdev & @Alxoom33. I did update TWRP. I'm just glad to be on 12 and that @followmsi is still making these roms. For my purposes it works just fine as it is now for serving its job which is essentially streaming movies, tv shows., or music from my plex server and simple web browsing. I'll be sure to check back once their is an update for the clean flash.

masteriori

Feb 16, 2012
Can someone please link me to Android 12/LineageOS 19 Gapps? I can't find one that includes all Google apps with Setup etc.

EddieK23

Apr 25, 2014
Can someone please link me to Android 12/LineageOS 19 Gapps? I can't find one that includes all Google apps with Setup etc.
followmsi has them linked is his post where he released the beta of his LOS 19 build

That link in there leads to a google drive, if you go into the aos12 folder and then choose the folder with the newest date name, it'll have the different builds of OpenGapps in there, although there's only pico, stock, and nano builds unfortunately.

Reactions: followmsi

ipdev

Recognized Contributor
Feb 14, 2016
Google Nexus 10
Nexus 7 (2013)

followmsi has them linked is his post where he released the beta of his LOS 19 build

That link in there leads to a google drive, if you go into the aos12 folder and then choose the folder with the newest date name, it'll have the different builds of OpenGapps in there, although there's only pico, stock, and nano builds unfortunately.
Just to note, they are marked as MOD since I was testing a PR.

I also uploaded them to MediaFire.
OpenGApps UNOFFICIAL - MediaFire - Link
The Android 12 versions are in the SDK31 folder.

My fork of OpenGApps - GitHub - sdk31 - Link

If you use an OpenGApps config file, you can use the Stock package and downsize to full, mini, micro, nano or pico.
OpenGApps - GitHub Wiki - Advanced Features and Options - Link

Cheers. :cowboy:

frov

Dec 31, 2014
Tilburg
Google Nexus 10
Google Pixel C
I decided to upgrade my trusty pixel C after a year not having done that: so old ROM 17.1 Dec'20 and TWRP 3.4-ish. But ran into a wall and took some time to overcome that: first upgraded to TWRP 3.6. Then, while wiping /system it crashed hard, out of recovery and straight into fastboot. And there it was and remained. I then remembered I could fastboot-boot the TWRP img file, so this way I got into TWRP again. Wiping again repeated the same. Then, back in TWRP, looked at the system partition and TWRP reported size 0. I tried to repair/resize, but in the end changing file system type to ext3 (from ext4) got me a mountable /system again. Then decided to use TWRP to flash TWRP 3.4, and the old ROM of Dec'20. That got me a working Pixel C, back into life. Then back into TWRP and flashed the (for me) new 18.1. And somehow in that process also /system was back to ext4.
All fine now: I have a smooth working Pixel C, a lot better than before, as somehow it had become very sluggish (I had moved liboemcrypto aside, thought that was the reason). Now, in 18.1, I did not need to move that lib aside: Netflix is working, Ziggo Go is working (Dutch TV). And pixel is ultra smooth.
No clue what happened and why I lost /system (???), but I am happy and uptodate now: thanks for the ROM, much appreciated.

Reactions: ipdev and followmsi

followmsi

Oct 10, 2013
lineage-19.0 (BETA)

Another build ..

The December AOSP update was quite big .. synced the latest lineage changes too.

In this build Lineage bootanimation might hangs a few seconds before showing lock screen. It seems this is related due to PIN/PATTERN changes from lineage and/or AOSP updates .. This only happens after reboot, just once. Needs more investigation.
Pls use Update.ZIP_TWRP_flashable_pattern_pin_remover_V3.zip to remove/reset current locksettings from TWRP.

lineage-19.0-20211208-UNOFFICIAL-dragon.zip

Changes:
- AOSP December 2021 updates
- Latest LineageOS changes

Known issues:
- SELinux is permissive
- Maybe more issues ..

Enjoy Android 12 (y)

EnginEAR

Mar 19, 2008
Tel Aviv
lineage-19.0 (BETA)

Another build ..

The December AOSP update was quite big .. synced the latest lineage changes too.

In this build Lineage bootanimation might hangs a few seconds before showing lock screen. It seems this is related due to PIN/PATTERN changes from lineage and/or AOSP updates .. This only happens after reboot, just once. Needs more investigation.
Pls use Update.ZIP_TWRP_flashable_pattern_pin_remover_V3.zip to remove/reset current locksettings from TWRP.

lineage-19.0-20211208-UNOFFICIAL-dragon.zip

Changes:
- AOSP December 2021 updates
- Latest LineageOS changes

Known issues:
- SELinux is permissive
- Maybe more issues ..

Enjoy Android 12 (y)
Works very well IMHO... I am, of course, considering this is a "beta" build...
If you deem your dragon purposeful (which I do) - I strongly recommend using this ROM...

QuantumSingularity

Nov 9, 2014
Zwolle
Yesterday I've installed the LOS19 version, clean, with NikGApps, no root.
I'ts very smooth (for such an old device).

Bugs I found so far:
- 5GHz WiFi does not work
- The complete screen becomes white when I click in Firefox' URL-Bar/Search-Bar.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

EmPczMv.png

LineageOS 19.1

Android 12

lineage-19.1-20230111-UNOFFICIAL-dragon.zip -> DISCONTINUED

Known issues:

- Camera is not working yet.
    - SELinux is permissive.
    - Our "old" Nivida codecs do have problems to play videos in Chrome-based browsers.
    (Rename or remove /vendor/lib/libnvomx.so and reboot system to switch to
    software video codecs.)
    - Chrome browser starts slowly.
    - As it looks like Widevine L1 has been revoked by end of August 2020.
    - Maybe more issues ..

Installation:
    1. Boot into TWRP
    2. Wipe SYSTEM and DATA partitions !
    3. Install ROM.zip
    4. install gapps (arm64)
    5. install Magisk.zip (25.2)
    6. Wipe CACHE and DAVLIK
    7. Reboot into system

Enjoy 12 :p

Android 11

lineage-18.1-20220216-UNOFFICIAL-dragon.zip -> DISCONTINUED

Known issues:

- SELinux is permissive.
    - Our "old" Nivida codecs do have problems to play videos in Chrome-based browsers.
    software video codecs.)
    - Chrome browser starts slowly.
    - Camera/Video may stops working after some time in use.

Fresh Installation / Upgrade from any other ROM:
    1. Boot into TWRP
    2. Wipe SYSTEM and DATA partitions ! (If you are encrypted, pls format DATA partition !)
    3. Install ROM.zip
    4. install gapps (arm64)
    5. install Magisk.zip (21.x)
    6. Wipe CACHE and DAVLIK
    7. Reboot into system

Upgrade from previous lineage-18.x builds:
    1. Boot into TWRP
    2. Install ROM.zip
    3. Re-Install Magisk 21.x
    4. Wipe CACHE and DAVLIK
    5. Reboot into system

Enjoy 11 :p

Android 10

lineage-17.1-20201211-UNOFFICIAL-dragon.zip -> DISCONTINUED

Known issues:

- SELinux is permissive.
    software video codecs.)
    - Camera/Video may stops working after some time in use.

system-as-root (SAR)
    For gapps installation issues and more information ..
    Pls read first .. https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=80693701&postcount=1350

Fresh Installation / Upgrade from any other ROM:
    1. Boot into TWRP
    2. Wipe SYSTEM and DATA partitions ! (If you are encrypted, pls format DATA partition !)
    3. Install ROM.zip
    4. install gapps (arm64)
    5. install Magisk.zip (20.x+)
    6. Wipe CACHE and DAVLIK
    7. Reboot into system

Upgrade from previous lineage-17.1 builds:
    1. Boot into TWRP
    2. Install ROM.zip
    3. Wipe CACHE and DAVLIK
    4. Reboot into system

- The ROM does contain it's own vendor.img ! (If you go back to Oreo, pls reinstall stock vendor.img)

Enjoy TEN :p

Android Pie

lineage-16.0-20191017-UNOFFICIAL-dragon.zip -> DISCONTINUED

Known issues:

- Encryption seems not to work - and has not been tested. -> Pls do not encrypt your data partition yet !
    - Keymaster -> If you set Pattern, PIN or Password the Screen unlock may not work correctly.
    Workaround for Pattern: On fresh boot you will need to wait a bit longer before you enter credentials.
    The waiting time is required on fresh boot only, the following unlocks are working normally.
    In case of problems pls use Update.ZIP_TWRP_flashable_pattern_pin_remover_V2.zip to remove pattern/pin or password.

Installation:
    1. Boot into TWRP (latest available version)
    2. Wipe system, cache, dalvik and data partitions ! ( If you have encrypted /data partition - pls "format" /data via TWRP first ! )
    3. Install lineage-16.0-201Yxxyy-UNOFFICIAL-dragon.zip
    4. Install Opengapps
    5. install Magisk.zip (tested with 18.x)
    6. Reboot into system ..

- The ROM does contain it's own vendor.img ! (If you go back to Oreo, pls reinstall stock vendor.img)

And big thanks to @NYCHitman1 (Dirty Unicorn) !
    Without his work the Android Pie project would not have been possible !

I have uploaded the last official Lineage Oreo build to androidfilehost.com ..
    lineage-15.1-20200221-nightly-dragon-signed.zip - -> DISCONTINUED

SOURCES:

https://github.com/followmsi/manifests/tree/dragon-lineage-18.1

DOWNLOADS:
    https://drive.google.com/drive/fold...oaU1iazg?resourcekey=0-4krcBcSF3tnMFvgcP4kMvw
    https://androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=289293

Enjoy LineageOS on your Pixel C .. :)[/B]
    Android 10 - July 2020

lineage-17.1-20200707-UNOFFICIAL-dragon.zip

Changes:
    - Google security updates -> July 2020 (android-10.0.0_r40)
    - Patched framework/av to bring back "wifi-display" in android 10.
    - Patched framework/base to support microG
    - Latest LineageOS changes for Android 10

The ROM does contain it's own vendor.img !

Enjoy the summer :p
    Android 10 - August 2020

lineage-17.1-20200804-UNOFFICIAL-dragon.zip

Changes:
    - Google security updates -> August 2020 (android-10.0.0_r41)
    - Patched framework/av to bring back "wifi-display" in android 10.
    - Patched framework/base to support microG
    - Latest LineageOS changes for Android 10

Enjoy the summer :p
    Android 10 - November 2019

Still no go for Camera .. will take longer.
    Tested with opengapps beta (11/05) and Magisk 20.1 ..

lineage-17.0-20191107-UNOFFICIAL-dragon.zip

Changes:
    - Google security updates -> November 2019 (10.0.0_r11)
    - Latest LineageOS changes for Android 10 -> still a lot of lineage stuff is missing.

system-as-root (SAR)
    For gapps installation issues and more information ..
    Pls read first .. https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=80693701&postcount=1350

Android 10

Vukan API is fixed now .. had to take prebuilt libs from Nivida shield firmware. :)
    Lineage has shipped trebuchet launcher .. and some more (minor) changes.

lineage-17.0-20191025-UNOFFICIAL-dragon.zip

Changes:
    - Fixed Vulkan API
    - Added new health HAL and more changes .. thanks to @NYCHitman1
    - Latest LineageOS changes for Android 10 -> still a lot of lineage stuff is missing.