• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][UNOFFICIAL] LineageOS 18.1 for Asus Zenfone 4 Max [R][ZC520KL][ZC554KL]

Search This thread

urb0!fr1endJack

Nov 15, 2021
I have successfully running LineageOS 18.1 on my ZC520KL.
I have an issue regarding the call quality when making one I ear background noise, but when I receive a call I don't ear this background noise.
Fingerprint is also not working.
Can anyone help me with these issues?
Thank in advanced!
Hello, my is the ZC554KL and i can't upgrade to Lineage 18.1... i started with Lineage 15.1 and it worked with no problems but when i tried to upgrade to 18.1 my phone just gets stuck in the lineage boot, i've left the phone turned on a whole night and it kept the same. i did the firmware update too and nothing sooooo.... can you tell me how you make it or maybe some tutorial you followed? i was wondering if it could be the TWRP version (maybe downgrade it, dk)...thanks

hasmMarques

Nov 16, 2021
Hello, my is the ZC554KL and i can't upgrade to Lineage 18.1... i started with Lineage 15.1 and it worked with no problems but when i tried to upgrade to 18.1 my phone just gets stuck in the lineage boot, i've left the phone turned on a whole night and it kept the same. i did the firmware update too and nothing sooooo.... can you tell me how you make it or maybe some tutorial you followed? i was wondering if it could be the TWRP version (maybe downgrade it, dk)...thanks
Use LineageOS recovery and not TWRP.
Flashing instructions
- Unlock bootloader (Asus unlock tool is in their website)
- Flash LineageOS recovery
- Reboot to recovery
- Go to Factory reset > Format data/cache
- Sideload Pie beta firmware if you aren't on Pie beta (Download)
- Sideload the custom ROM
- Flash additional zips, like Gapps or Magisk
- Reboot to system

urb0!fr1endJack

Nov 15, 2021
Use LineageOS recovery and not TWRP.
Flashing instructions
- Reboot to recovery
- Reboot to system
That was it. It finally worked. Thanks mate!!!!

Reactions: hasmMarques
Hello i cant donwload the file because web 403 access forbidden

Attachments

• -6149691508111027839_120.jpg
    -6149691508111027839_120.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 14
Reactions: DryreL

DryreL

Jul 26, 2018
gokdenizcetin.com
Hey, thanks for custom ROM. But I'm stuck at "- Sideload Pie beta firmware if you aren't on Pie beta (Download)"

Download link is broken. Please upload it to another file hosting service. Like Google Drive, MEGA, MediaFire etc... Thanks!

https://files.sebaubuntu.dev/Tools/Asus MSM8937/Firmware/ -> NOT WORKING

Forbidden​

You don't have permission to access this resource.

Apache/2.4.41 (Ubuntu) Server at files.sebaubuntu.dev Port 443

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11.0 (R), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Namings
    Asus Zenfone 4 Max, ZC520KL or also called X00HD, is referred as X00H
    Asus Zenfone 4 Max, ZC554KL or also called X00ID, is referred as X00I

Flashing instructions
    - Reboot to recovery
    - Reboot to system

Downloads
    X00H: ROM | Recovery
    X00I: ROM | Recovery

Changelogs are on #2 post
    Telegram channel for updates: Here
    Telegram group for support: Here

Sources:
    - LineageOS manifest
    - Device sources

Happy modding!
    Hi, ROM X00I working perfectly in my ZC554KL, only not working Fingerprint/Home, back buttons (hardware soft keys) and enabled the screen soft keys buttons. Thanks!!!
    Bro,
    Hello, could someone help me please, after I installed the Custom Rom Lineage it always goes to the bootloader screen and doesn't start what can it be? This photo is not from my c

Hello, could someone help me please, after I installed the Custom Rom Lineage it always goes to the bootloader screen and doesn't start what can it be? This photo is not from my cell phone
    View attachment 5336989
    Hei brother, what's up?! Can you see a text written: "Phone Locked"? When it happen it mean that you need to get Root Acess to your phone. Without this you will not can install a root. Remember: Change bootloader is possible without root, so, maybe you have no acess root.
    IMEI and fingerprint not working so far,fix it Immediately
    send 100 dollars to Seba immediately