• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][UNOFFICIAL] LineageOS 18.1 for castor/castor_windy

Search This thread

andro19890

May 20, 2021
This is nonsense, not a real problem, now I try to post a picture of what happens with active rotation.when I press off, the display automatically rotates to this position and I don't understand why, of course if I turn off the rotation the screen stays straight

Attachments

• IMG_20210522_115905_121751.jpg
    IMG_20210522_115905_121751.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 76

krecik002

Jan 6, 2011
After update from 17.1 to 18.1 still have few bugs:

-Whatsapp problem with camera rotation
-Viber problem with camera connection from sender pixel screen.

Henry48

Apr 4, 2021
Hello. I have been using this ROM from the beginning and I am very pleased. You cannot expect a device that is so old to behave like an F1 car. Thanks to the developers of this ROM, the device got a new lease of life. Thank you and best regards.

Tunwin27

Aug 21, 2015
Firstly, would like to say thanks for that OS.
Now I m having an issue with TWRP. I like to install twrp permanently. But whenever I did its stuck with Sony logo. But I flashed the linageos 18.1 with twrp. When I go back to recovery its lineage os recovery. Is there any way to replace linage os recovery with twrp. Thanks mate. And I can't install magisk even I used patched zip. Mine is castor windy.
Edit: I don't know what did I do right. But I got 3.2.1 TWRP is there now. :)

Appreciate If you could advise me on Magisk. Still not working for me.

Last edited:

quorn23

Jan 25, 2012
Google Pixel 4 XL
For anyone who, like me, would rather just download the regular Magisk release (22.1 as of this writing) and apply the fix themselves.
Just updated my Tablet to this rom, Magisk 23 is the current version, quick question as a bit offtopic for the thread here, did you update Magisk yet and have a file handy and could share it? (If you prefer to dm it to keep the thread clean, that's fine too)

Aqq123

Aug 27, 2009
Google Nexus 4
Nexus 7
Magisk 23 is the current version, quick question as a bit offtopic for the thread here, did you update Magisk yet and have a file handy and could share it?
I've stayed on 22.1, it serves my needs. The Magisk file I used is attached (renamed to .zip for flashing from TWRP). It's really just the slight change to assets/boot_patch.sh I mentioned earlier:

assets_boot_patch.sh.diff.png

Attachments

• Magisk-v22.1-Xperia.zip
    6.4 MB · Views: 59

georgecarstoiu

Jun 10, 2012
Aarhus / Denmark
Gave it a go and tried to install this ROM. TWRP installation went fine, but when rebooting into the system I wasn't able to anymore.

Basically the screen is completely blank (I don't even see the Sony logo). I left it to discharge completely and was able to enter fastboot and flash mode. Tried then to reinstall from scratch an old ftf file via flashtool, but I wasn't able. Then I thought that since I have fastboot access I can flash the Lineage recovery and reinstall everything from there. Command line told me that everything was in order with the flash, but then when rebooting into recovery, nothing happens - same black screen.

Currently I am charging it and the red led is blinking for the last 15 minutes or so. Once there is some power into it, fastboot or flash mode cannot be accessed since as soon as I connect the USB cable it starts blinking red. Turning it off seems impossible as I don't know when it is off as the screen is blank. It does vibrate, but that is not helping that much in the current situation.

Any help or advice would be highly appreciated.

schnuff*1

Jan 29, 2013
I had the same problem any weeks ago and also with a new attempt this weekend. My question becomes no answers in this thread... A short workaround is-flashing an older boot.img from AICP 15 rom and than the recovery from twrp (hold volume up and plug in the usb cable-the led is blue now, flashing with adb now).) Now you can restore any backup or flash a other rom.
But this answers not my question why flashing Lineage 18.1 makes my device dead. I've done all wipes in twrp, uninstalled magisk an did a clean flash-led is lightning only red, black screen.
What's the problem here? (device is castor, coming from AICP rom)
Thanks!

3RW4NFR

Jan 25, 2017
Firstly, would like to say thanks for that OS.
Now I m having an issue with TWRP. I like to install twrp permanently. But whenever I did its stuck with Sony logo. But I flashed the linageos 18.1 with twrp. When I go back to recovery its lineage os recovery. Is there any way to replace linage os recovery with twrp. Thanks mate. And I can't install magisk even I used patched zip. Mine is castor windy.
Edit: I don't know what did I do right. But I got 3.2.1 TWRP is there now. :)

Appreciate If you could advise me on Magisk. Still not working for me.
Hi, how did you get in TWRP ? I'm still stuck on the lineageOS recovery. I installed TWRP 3.4.0... Thanks

And big thanks to the creator of this ROM

EDIT : TWRP works now, i had to uncheck the "update recovery with lineagOS"

Last edited:

3RW4NFR

Jan 25, 2017
I don't know if it is a bug or not, but when I add an SD card and choose to expand internal memory, I can move apps on it but no media because the card seems invisible for file explorers and for my PC connected with USB. On my old Samsung Tab 3 running on lineageOS 14.1 (android 7), we can see that internal memory and SD card have merged together. Is there a way to have the same on the Z2 tab ?
Here are some pics to show the differences.
This is the Z2 Tab, we can only see the internal storage:
Z2 bug.PNG

but here we can see internal and SD merged :
InkedScreenshot_20210721-153013_Paramètres_LI.jpg

Screenshot_20210721-153023_Paramètres.png

And here to show the difference with the samsung Tab 3 10.1 :
Tab3.PNG

Here we can see that the internal storage disappeared and only the SD card is visible and yes apps are installed on that card.

Is there a way to do the same with this Z2 Tab ? I want to expand the internal storage so I can install apps on the SD card but I also want to have access to the SD card so i can put music, movies, etc on it.

Thanks for your help. I'm on Z2 Tab LTE btw.

Everything else seems working well on this latest release except NFC as you mentionned.

3RW4NFR

Jan 25, 2017
Hi,
i have no problem with installing aicp or 17.1 only 18.1 is a problem.

i did a factory reset and flashed the zip with
recommendet twrp
after flash it wont boot.
when i install 17.1 version i can fastboot flash boot.img from aicp and it works but not on 18.1
What i did was:
1. in flashtool, flash the original latest rom.
2. Then i i booted to see if it works.
3. If okay, i flashed TWRP
4. Then in TWRP, I erased everything in advanced wipe, I checked dalvik/apt cache, system, cache, data and internal storage and then i reboot in recovery
5. Then in flash lineageOS 18.1, GApps and the modified magisk and reboot.
This should work without any problems.

If you want to go faster, you can try directly from step 4. If it doesn't work, start from step 1.

PS: flash the correct TWRP/LineageOS (castor/castorWindy)

Top Liked Posts