• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][UNOFFICIAL] LineageOS 18.1 for Nexus 5 (hammerhead) [DISCONTINUED]

Search This thread

z3DD3r

Feb 9, 2016
Minsk
Google Nexus 5
OnePlus 9R
@abcdef121448,
Well, nothing changed in GPS in last build from my side. Maybe something is broken after august security patch but i can’t test it. Bug with camera is known. Related to Snap and there is no fix right now. The only way is to use Google Camera. Version 3.2.045 works without issues.

@lucifer,
Yes we can. Download kitkat factory image and flash it with fastboot

Reactions: Somebod y

abcdef121448

Mar 27, 2013
@z3DD3r yes thank you! It works perfectly now. Still trying to troubleshoot the wifi issue with that app though. I tried a reinstall but that sadly didn´t help. I think I will contact the app developer.

Reactions: z3DD3r

z3DD3r

Feb 9, 2016
Minsk
Google Nexus 5
OnePlus 9R
New build is out. lineage-18.1-20210913-UNOFFICIAL-hammerhead-signed.zip.
Short change log:
  • September security patch.
  • Charging currents are reduced to stock values as on android 6.0.1
  • Updated interactive governor
  • Updated ZRAM driver (version from 4.1 kernel)
  • Updated F2FS driver (version from 3.10 kernel)
  • Small fixes and improvements in kernel

Glonf

Feb 23, 2019
@z3DD3r Thank you so much for the updated kernel! Will try it right away! :)

Another very annoying bug that I have: Something seems to be wrong with permissions. I have an app for mapping plants and it needs GPS for mapping my observations (ObsMapp). And for some reason it doesn´t get GPS signal. The phone receives GPS signal because if I try with GPS status i get a signal right away but something seems wrong with that app. Before the update everything worked well. I can also take photos with the camera app and have the location stored in EXIF but that´s really complicated, especially because it doesn´t always take the corrupted files that the camera app produces.

Thank you so much for your help.

Here is a Screenshot to better illustrate it:

View attachment 5400215
Hi
Is your GPS already working?
Because I have this problem too ://

@z3DD3r Do you know how to fix it?

z3DD3r

Feb 9, 2016
Minsk
Google Nexus 5
OnePlus 9R
@Glonf,
I don't have Nexus 5 anymore and can't test. But i've asked my tester to check this app. He has no problems at all. Look at attached screenshot. He uses clean installation of latest LineageOS 18.1 (2021-09-13) + OpenGapps pico (2021-09-14)

Attachments

• photo_2021-09-15 10.45.59.jpeg
    photo_2021-09-15 10.45.59.jpeg
    92.2 KB · Views: 33
Reactions: Glonf and ssauger

Glonf

Feb 23, 2019
@Glonf,
I don't have Nexus 5 anymore and can't test. But i've asked my tester to check this app. He has no problems at all. Look at attached screenshot. He uses clean installation of latest LineageOS 18.1 (2021-09-13) + OpenGapps pico (2021-09-14)
I don't have a gps in general, not necessarily in this app.

I have everything the same, on lineageos 14.1 I had gps, so I don't know what the problem could be.
I will try to reinstall it again.

Edit:
It is possible that I broke the gps antenna and something is not touching.
Because on other versions of android there is also a problem.

Last edited:

z3DD3r

Feb 9, 2016
Minsk
Google Nexus 5
OnePlus 9R
It is possible that I broke the gps antenna and something is not touching.
Because on other versions of android there is also a problem.
Looks like this is a reason of broken GPS for you. Check the connection between connectors on back cover and motherboard.

Looks like the last build (0913) was pulled. Is there anything wrong with it?
I've uploaded this build twice on SF because first build disappeared from SF for some unknown reason. If you was lucky and installed first build then rn you can see a new update in updater app. You can install it but this second build of 09/13 doesn't have any difference from the first one except a build date :)

Reactions: Glonf

z3DD3r

Feb 9, 2016
Minsk
Google Nexus 5
OnePlus 9R
Hey z3DD3r, I'm getting this error when I try to build the current project:

Code:
FAILED: out/soong/build.ninja
out/soong/.bootstrap/bin/soong_build -t -l out/.module_paths/Android.bp.list -b out/soong -n out -d out/soong/build.ninja.d -globFile out/soong/.bootstrap/build-globs.ninja -o out/soong/build.ninja Android.bp
error: frameworks/av/services/camera/libcameraservice/Android.bp:19:1: "libcameraservice" depends on undefined module "needs_camera_boottime_defaults"
14:37:57 soong bootstrap failed with: exit status 1

Is there any patches for this libcameraservice module?

Thanks!
Nope. All required patches are listed in the 3rd post of this thread.

Glonf

Feb 23, 2019
Looks like this is a reason of broken GPS for you. Check the connection between connectors on back cover and motherboard.

I fixed the GPS antenna, also had to fix the wifi module so that it connects me to the GPS at all.
I don't know what the GPS wifi module has, but I had to heat the wifi module with a heat gun according to the guides.

I didn't do it that well and therefore I can't always turn the wifi on properly, but it's better than last time that I couldn't turn it on at all..

z3DD3r

Feb 9, 2016
Minsk
Google Nexus 5
OnePlus 9R
I was able to get a build out by commenting the import line on `frameworks/av/services/camera/libcameraservice/Android.bp` as follows:
This flag is defined here:

Maybe something changed in LOS source code since i've released last build. But check patches you are using. Maybe some of them removed this flag...

I fixed the GPS antenna, also had to fix the wifi module so that it connects me to the GPS at all.
I don't know what the GPS wifi module has, but I had to heat the wifi module with a heat gun according to the guides.

I didn't do it that well and therefore I can't always turn the wifi on properly, but it's better than last time that I couldn't turn it on at all..
Glad to hear it. So right now GPS is working for you on latest build?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    LineageOS 18.1 is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11.0 (R), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>

/*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
    */
    LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

The source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit our Gerrit Code Review. Your changelog is whatever was merged into gerrit.

Known bugs:
    Screen mirroring via slimport HDMI adapter doesn't work.
    PMF aka 802.11w doesn't supported. Read here about it.
    Encryption has problems. Read here about it.

Downloads:
    ROM: https://sourceforge.net/projects/hammerhead-lineageos/files/18.1/
    GAPPS: https://opengapps.org/?arch=arm&api=11.0&variant=pico

Credits:
    Many thanks to the LineageOS team and all the contributors out there in the community

Contributors:
    z3DD3r

Source Code:
    Device tree: https://github.com/z3DD3r/android_device_lge_hammerhead/tree/lineage-18.1
    Kernel tree: https://github.com/z3DD3r/android_kernel_lge_hammerhead/tree/lineage-18.1
    Vendor tree: https://github.com/z3DD3r/android_vendor_lge/tree/lineage-18.1

Android version: 11.0.0 (R)
    Kernel version: Linux 3.4.113

Created 2021-01-07
    Last Updated 2021-06-08
    Hello
    Some of you already saw that new build was released. The reason for new build is a bug in gps reported by one of my testers. And it so happened that the bug fix coincided with the release of the new security patch. It doesn't mean that i will continue to support N5 in the future...
    New LOS 18.1 build is up (lineage-18.1-20210614-UNOFFICIAL-hammerhead-signed.zip)
    Changelog:
    1. June security patch
    2. Latest code from LineageOS team
    3. Updated bluetooth firmware (from Sony Z3)
    4. Updated device tree. Removed test apps and binaries
    5. Updated kernel. Disabled debug stuff + updated LZ4 compression for ZRAM

This is the last build from my side. I don't have a Nexus 5 and don't have time and motivation to support this device. I've added a list of patches (in the 3rd post of this thread) which i've used in my builds so anyone can make own builds of LineageOS 18.1
    Hello

New build is out. Short changelog:
    1. April's security patch
    2. Fixed GPS blobs
    3. Fixed SELinux denials
    4. Fixed Wi-Fi Display
    5. Added some changes in kernel
    6. Improved memory usage

Some notes about last item. I have enabled some options which are used on low memory devices with Android GO. It doesn't mean that i've build GO version of android. This will improve memory usage and more memory will be available.

Huge thanks to @tapecoda for tests!
    Hello

New build is out. Short changelog:
    1. May's security patch
    2. Minor improvements in device tree and kernel