[ROM][UNOFFICIAL] LineageOS 18.1 for Nexus 5 (hammerhead) [DISCONTINUED]

Search This thread

s0epkip

Nov 15, 2010
oh...I see. Ok, thx for the answers.

By the way, if you are going to install LOS and use TWRP to resize your partitions, please note the following sequence (detailed steps are found in numerous other guides):

- Install Android SDK (ADB USB driver and ADB command line tools) on your computer
- Use ADB to unlock your bootloader (device will be wiped)
- Use Fastboot to push TWRP to your phone (choose the .R version)
- Use TWRP instructions to resize your system partition (your OS will be bricked, you cannot normally boot your phone after this step)
- Use recovery mode (=TWRP) to push the LOS and pico GAPPS to your phones' storage (' /sdcard/ ') with the computer. Just sent the zip files, renamed to short names for ease of use
- Use TWRP to flash both LOS and GAPPS in sequence
- Enjoy LOS :)

Romain1221

Dec 1, 2021
By the way, if you are going to install LOS and use TWRP to resize your partitions, please note the following sequence (detailed steps are found in numerous other guides):

- Install Android SDK (ADB USB driver and ADB command line tools) on your computer
- Use ADB to unlock your bootloader (device will be wiped)
- Use Fastboot to push TWRP to your phone (choose the .R version)
- Use TWRP instructions to resize your system partition (your OS will be bricked, you cannot normally boot your phone after this step)
- Use recovery mode (=TWRP) to push the LOS and pico GAPPS to your phones' storage (' /sdcard/ ') with the computer. Just sent the zip files, renamed to short names for ease of use
- Use TWRP to flash both LOS and GAPPS in sequence
- Enjoy LOS :)
Thanks for the guide ! It will make things easier :)

amosstevens

Apr 11, 2020
i have an issue trying to enable the wifi, it won't turn on, but the mobile data works

i'm on the latest build (2021 11 11), magisk 23.0 and twrp 3.5.2_9 hh.r.15

this is the the log

WifiVendorHal
Failed to create STA iface

WifiNative
Failed to create iface in vendor HAL

WifiClientModeManager
Failed to create ClientInterface. Sit in Idle

any advice ?

MilkisFTW

Apr 16, 2021
I just made a current build of this ROM for myself and it seems to me that the SurfaceFlinger related patches are no longer necessary.
(I already built this thing about a year ago and without applying patches I had massive boot animation lags, which are now gone)

Reactions: SirRGB

z3DD3r

Feb 9, 2016
Minsk
Google Nexus 5
OnePlus 9R
I just made a current build of this ROM for myself and it seems to me that the SurfaceFlinger related patches are no longer necessary.
(I already built this thing about a year ago and without applying patches I had massive boot animation lags, which are now gone)
Interesting! Anyway this patch will not do any harm. I leave SurfaceFligner patches here because nobody knows what can be changed in the future…

shane.kelly55

Oct 7, 2010
Dallas
I have tried everything to get this to work but i cant get past the Error 1 during flash of LineageOS. I have gone thru the fixes online but nothing works. I can flash the official version 6.x from Google but no custom ROMs. I have done Magisk with the modified boot image too.

Any idea how i can get 18.1 on this device?

brofkims

Jan 18, 2011
Busan
I just have built the latest source you applied today. So far so good, but the URI about 'hardware/qcom/display' should be settled. It is not inlined, so applying it via 'copy & paste' should fail. Thanks a lot for your come back!

Reactions: z3DD3r

z3DD3r

Feb 9, 2016
Minsk
Google Nexus 5
OnePlus 9R
I just have built the latest source you applied today. So far so good, but the URI about 'hardware/qcom/display' should be settled. It is not inlined, so applying it via 'copy & paste' should fail. Thanks a lot for your come back!
Thanks, i've updated the post with patches
And please don’t think that i returned to development. I’ve just uploaded some changes that was in my private repos…

Last edited:

BigBin1070

Apr 12, 2022
does the phone app crash for any one? or is it just because I don't have sim card installed? I tried the system one as well as the google one

sierratango88

Oct 26, 2010
Thanks for your excellent work, everything is working perfectly.

I have compiled and flashed a custom kernel using your source with kernel module support enabled but inserting modules with insmod and modprobe does not work. I have tried several different toolchains. Is module support possible with the Nexus 5?

JohnDCP

Dec 4, 2021
Hi there, I'm getting stuck into a bootloop after an OTA update last April 16. I was running LineageOS 18.1 in my Nexus 5 very well until this last OTA update. After zip download and update, the system automatically reboot and the phone get stuck into the lineageos logo for 2-3 minutes and then reboot into the TWRP. Please help!

z3DD3r

Feb 9, 2016
Minsk
Google Nexus 5
OnePlus 9R
Hi there, I'm getting stuck into a bootloop after an OTA update last April 16. I was running LineageOS 18.1 in my Nexus 5 very well until this last OTA update. After zip download and update, the system automatically reboot and the phone get stuck into the lineageos logo for 2-3 minutes and then reboot into the TWRP. Please help!
Push latest ROM and GAPPS to /sdcard/ and then try next:
1. Boot into TWRP
2. Uninstall Magisk if installed
3. Wipe system, cache, dalvik cache
4. Install ROM from /sdcard/
5. Install GAPPS from /sdcard/ if u use them
5. Reboot into system
6. If phone will boot, then install Magisk if u use it.

Reactions: ssauger

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Thank you for updating z3DD3r!! ( I use LineageOS 17.1 & lineageOS 18.1)
    Push latest ROM and GAPPS to /sdcard/ and then try next:
    1. Boot into TWRP
    2. Uninstall Magisk if installed
    3. Wipe system, cache, dalvik cache
    4. Install ROM from /sdcard/
    5. Install GAPPS from /sdcard/ if u use them
    5. Reboot into system
    6. If phone will boot, then install Magisk if u use it.
    LineageOS 18.1 is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11.0 (R), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>

/*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
    */
    LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

The source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit our Gerrit Code Review. Your changelog is whatever was merged into gerrit.

Known bugs:
    Screen mirroring via slimport HDMI adapter doesn't work.
    PMF aka 802.11w doesn't supported. Read here about it.
    Encryption has problems. Read here about it.

Downloads:
    ROM: https://sourceforge.net/projects/hammerhead-lineageos/files/18.1/
    GAPPS: https://opengapps.org/?arch=arm&api=11.0&variant=pico

Credits:
    Many thanks to the LineageOS team and all the contributors out there in the community

Contributors:
    z3DD3r

Source Code:
    Device tree: https://github.com/z3DD3r/android_device_lge_hammerhead/tree/lineage-18.1
    Kernel tree: https://github.com/z3DD3r/android_kernel_lge_hammerhead/tree/lineage-18.1
    Vendor tree: https://github.com/z3DD3r/android_vendor_lge/tree/lineage-18.1

Android version: 11.0.0 (R)
    Kernel version: Linux 3.4.113

Created 2021-01-07
    Last Updated 2021-06-08
    Hello
    Some of you already saw that new build was released. The reason for new build is a bug in gps reported by one of my testers. And it so happened that the bug fix coincided with the release of the new security patch. It doesn't mean that i will continue to support N5 in the future...
    New LOS 18.1 build is up (lineage-18.1-20210614-UNOFFICIAL-hammerhead-signed.zip)
    Changelog:
    1. June security patch
    2. Latest code from LineageOS team
    3. Updated bluetooth firmware (from Sony Z3)
    4. Updated device tree. Removed test apps and binaries
    5. Updated kernel. Disabled debug stuff + updated LZ4 compression for ZRAM

This is the last build from my side. I don't have a Nexus 5 and don't have time and motivation to support this device. I've added a list of patches (in the 3rd post of this thread) which i've used in my builds so anyone can make own builds of LineageOS 18.1
    Hello

New build is out. Short changelog:
    1. April's security patch
    2. Fixed GPS blobs
    3. Fixed SELinux denials
    4. Fixed Wi-Fi Display
    5. Added some changes in kernel
    6. Improved memory usage

Some notes about last item. I have enabled some options which are used on low memory devices with Android GO. It doesn't mean that i've build GO version of android. This will improve memory usage and more memory will be available.

Huge thanks to @tapecoda for tests!
    Hello

New build is out. Short changelog:
    1. May's security patch
    2. Minor improvements in device tree and kernel