[ROM][UNOFFICIAL] LineageOS 18.1 for Nexus 5 (hammerhead) [DISCONTINUED]

Search This thread

dum2go

Mar 27, 2013
Bugs I found, using this build for a month:

1) Notifications ambinet light sometimes do not turn off screen
2) some apps showing garbage on screen (app: cronometer)
3) sometimes power button does not turn screen on
4) slow (low memory, stucks/hungs)

I downgrade back to lineage15.1

zhengz

Nov 9, 2022
Jinan
hello, thank you for your great work

if i want to build the lineageos 18.1 for myself, how can i apply the SurfaceFlinger patchs?

i have already applied other patches by replacing folders with ones from your github, but the SurfaceFlinger patch is on the lineageos gerrit, does it mean that these patches already included in lineageOS code and there's no need to apply them manually?

thank you.

z3DD3r

Feb 9, 2016
Minsk
Google Nexus 5
OnePlus 9R
Will there be any plan to upgrade to Lineage OS 19 for Nexu 5?
No

hello, thank you for your great work

if i want to build the lineageos 18.1 for myself, how can i apply the SurfaceFlinger patchs?

i have already applied other patches by replacing folders with ones from your github, but the SurfaceFlinger patch is on the lineageos gerrit, does it mean that these patches already included in lineageOS code and there's no need to apply them manually?

thank you.
1. You should not replace original folders with mine. You should apply listed patches on top of original folders (cherry-pick). I’ve posted a command for each patch from my github.
2. Patches from gerrit are not included in LOS code. You should also apply them to required folders. Click on ‘Download’ button on gerrit, then copy command under ‘Cherry Pick’ and apply to it to required folder

zhengz

Nov 9, 2022
Jinan
No

1. You should not replace original folders with mine. You should apply listed patches on top of original folders (cherry-pick). I’ve posted a command for each patch from my github.
2. Patches from gerrit are not included in LOS code. You should also apply them to required folders. Click on ‘Download’ button on gerrit, then copy command under ‘Cherry Pick’ and apply to it to required folder
Thanks for your reply! I will try it later. maybe i have to learn more about cherry-picking.

pingwin123

Nov 16, 2022
I have a question. It looks there are monthly updates showing up at https://sourceforge.net/projects/hammerhead-lineageos/files/18.1/ . The newest version is dated 2022-11-11. However I cannot find a changelog. Are these new updates just an automated security-patches builds or do they bring new features and fixes as well?

I have an issue with "Pioneer Remote App v.3.0" - the screen is flickering strangely on 2022-10-20 build (the previous 2.0 version worked well). I wonder if this issue has been fixed in new LOS 18.1 build.

Last edited:

z3DD3r

Feb 9, 2016
Minsk
Google Nexus 5
OnePlus 9R
I have a question. It looks there are monthly updates showing up at https://sourceforge.net/projects/hammerhead-lineageos/files/18.1/ . The newest version is dated 2022-11-11. However I cannot find a changelog. Are these new updates just an automated security-patches builds or do they bring new features and fixes as well?

I have an issue with "Pioneer Remote App v.3.0" - the screen is flickering strangely on 2022-10-20 build (the previous 2.0 version worked well). I wonder if this issue has been fixed in new LOS 18.1 build.
Try it and tell us. This new build includes november’s security patch and some changes in kernel

eBug

Jul 17, 2008

I have the flickering with some apps too with 17.1. But I have it on my Nexus 7 too, so I think it might be related to the code in the apps rather than the device itself?

Last edited:

eBug

Jul 17, 2008
I'm back to Nexus5 as a daily driver.
I know this topic has been discussed before, but given the current state of the 17.1 and 18.1 builds, which version would you recommend in terms of battery and stability?

pingwin123

Nov 16, 2022
I'm back to Nexus5 as a daily driver.
I know this topic has been discussed before, but given the current state of the 17.1 and 18.1 builds, which version would you recommend in terms of battery and stability?
I prefer 18.1 build as it works quite well. Didn't notice significant change in battery efficiency, however if you want to use N5 for everyday use I would recommend someting like that: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/mugen-power-3000mah-battery-case-for-the-nexus-5-review.2986295/

jenkinsad0

Feb 12, 2021
69°N
Thanks very much for the new build! Downloaded the 20221111 version and the appropriate gapps and it seems to work OK. Replaced an installed /e/ OS which wasn't being updated any more.

assdredxexfg

Oct 2, 2013
Thanks very much for the new build! Downloaded the 20221111 version and the appropriate gapps and it seems to work OK. Replaced an installed /e/ OS which wasn't being updated any more.
Hi,
I am not able to install it.
I always get
E:1001: Failed to update system image.
I have tried with:
- Stock TWRP
- twrp-3.7.0_9-HH.R.17.img
- twrp-3.7.0_9-HH.S.17.img
and lineage-18.1-20221111-UNOFFICIAL-hammerhead-signed.zip

any idea?
thx

LegendOcta

Mar 18, 2019
South Korea
Samsung Galaxy Note 4
Hi,
I am not able to install it.
I always get
E:1001: Failed to update system image.
I have tried with:
- Stock TWRP
- twrp-3.7.0_9-HH.R.17.img
- twrp-3.7.0_9-HH.S.17.img
and lineage-18.1-20221111-UNOFFICIAL-hammerhead-signed.zip

any idea?
thx
Did you do the repartitioning?
You should follow the guide in HH TWRP's XDA post.

Reactions: assdredxexfg

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    LineageOS 18.1 is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11.0 (R), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>

/*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
    */
    LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

The source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit our Gerrit Code Review. Your changelog is whatever was merged into gerrit.

Known bugs:
    Screen mirroring via slimport HDMI adapter doesn't work.
    PMF aka 802.11w doesn't supported. Read here about it.
    Encryption has problems. Read here about it.

Downloads:
    ROM: https://sourceforge.net/projects/hammerhead-lineageos/files/18.1/
    GAPPS: https://opengapps.org/?arch=arm&api=11.0&variant=pico

Credits:
    Many thanks to the LineageOS team and all the contributors out there in the community

Contributors:
    z3DD3r

Source Code:
    Device tree: https://github.com/z3DD3r/android_device_lge_hammerhead/tree/lineage-18.1
    Kernel tree: https://github.com/z3DD3r/android_kernel_lge_hammerhead/tree/lineage-18.1
    Vendor tree: https://github.com/z3DD3r/android_vendor_lge/tree/lineage-18.1

Android version: 11.0.0 (R)
    Kernel version: Linux 3.4.113
    SELinux: Enforcing

Created 2021-01-07
    Last Updated 2021-06-08
    Hello
    Some of you already saw that new build was released. The reason for new build is a bug in gps reported by one of my testers. And it so happened that the bug fix coincided with the release of the new security patch. It doesn't mean that i will continue to support N5 in the future...
    New LOS 18.1 build is up (lineage-18.1-20210614-UNOFFICIAL-hammerhead-signed.zip)
    Changelog:
    1. June security patch
    2. Latest code from LineageOS team
    3. Updated bluetooth firmware (from Sony Z3)
    4. Updated device tree. Removed test apps and binaries
    5. Updated kernel. Disabled debug stuff + updated LZ4 compression for ZRAM

This is the last build from my side. I don't have a Nexus 5 and don't have time and motivation to support this device. I've added a list of patches (in the 3rd post of this thread) which i've used in my builds so anyone can make own builds of LineageOS 18.1
    Hello

New build is out. Short changelog:
    1. April's security patch
    2. Fixed GPS blobs
    3. Fixed SELinux denials
    4. Fixed Wi-Fi Display
    5. Added some changes in kernel
    6. Improved memory usage

Some notes about last item. I have enabled some options which are used on low memory devices with Android GO. It doesn't mean that i've build GO version of android. This will improve memory usage and more memory will be available.

Huge thanks to @tapecoda for tests!
    Hello

New build is out. Short changelog:
    1. May's security patch
    2. Minor improvements in device tree and kernel