[ROM][UNOFFICIAL] LineageOS 18.1 for Nexus 5 (hammerhead)

mrvelvet

Sep 27, 2007
Has anyone had success with the built-in OTA updater?

I tried with TWRP 3.4.0-HH-R7 (twrp-3.4.0-HH.R.7.img) as recovery but it fails to update with an error about a recovery.img in the TWRP log (though I did uncheck the "Update recovery" from within the updater Preferences.

edu24lal

Nov 4, 2013
Rom works super fast, no issues, only bug i found was with gesture bar, when a play a game, gesture bar does not move horizontally if i go to recent apps it moves, but then if a go to home screen gesture bar stays on the side of the screen

Edevane

Jan 14, 2021
Brasília
LineageOS 18.1 is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11.0 (R), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
#include <std_disclaimer.h>

/*
* Your warranty is now void.
* We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
* thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
* do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
* before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
* you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
*/
LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

The source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit our Gerrit Code Review. Your changelog is whatever was merged into gerrit.

Known bugs:
Screen mirroring via slimport HDMI adapter doesn't work.
PMF aka 802.11w doesn't work.
Wi-Fi display doesn't work
Encryption doesn't work

Downloads:
ROM: https://sourceforge.net/projects/hammerhead-lineageos/files/18.1/
GAPPS: https://opengapps.org/?arch=arm&api=11.0&variant=pico

Credits:
Many thanks to the LineageOS team and all the contributors out there in the community

Contributors:
z3DD3r

Source Code:
Device tree: https://github.com/z3DD3r/android_device_lge_hammerhead/tree/lineage-18.1
Kernel tree: https://github.com/z3DD3r/android_kernel_lge_hammerhead/tree/lineage-18.1
Vendor tree: https://github.com/z3DD3r/android_vendor_lge/tree/lineage-18.1

Android version: 11.0.0 (R)
Kernel version: Linux 3.4.113

Created 2021-01-07
Last Updated 2021-01-13
please put the gapps compatible with the rom

z3DD3r

Feb 9, 2016
Minsk
Wifi display is fix it ???
I already answered this question. Most likely Wi-Fi Display will not be fixed. I'll remove it from UI in the next build.

please put the gapps compatible with the rom
Right now there is no release version of gapps for Android 11. Links in the first post will start work once opengapps will be released. For now u can use unofficial builds of opengapps or test versions from here: https://sourceforge.net/projects/opengapps/files/arm/test/ Also read the second post of this thread about gapps installation...

abcdef121448

Mar 27, 2013
I have installed your Version 17.1 on my Nexus 5 and I am incredibly happy with it. It´s crazy that a 7.5 year old phone can run so well. The only problem is that after about 55h of runtime apps start freezing and force closing randomly and the phone gets a lot more sluggish. It seems like it has a problem clearing the RAM? Has anyone with v18.1 experienced the same behaviour? If not I will update and give it a try. Rebooting your phone every 3 days isn´t fun.

Last edited:

edu24lal

Nov 4, 2013
I have installed your Version 17.1 on my Nexus 5 and I am incredibly happy with it. It´s crazy that a 7.5 year old phone can run so well. The only problem is that after about 55h of runtime apps start freezing and force closing randomly and the phone gets a lot more sluggish. It seems like it has a problem clearing the RAM? Has anyone with v18.1 experienced the same behaviour? If not I will update and give it a try. Rebooting your phone every 3 days isn´t fun.
Yeah me tooo

edu24lal

Nov 4, 2013
Another bug i found, after booting (not sure how much time after normal use) videoplayback from whatsapp,telegram stops working. youtube , instagram videos work fine tho

z3DD3r

Feb 9, 2016
Minsk
Well, Android 11 consumes more memory than Android 10. So i guess you will see the same problems on LOS 18.1

Another bug i found, after booting (not sure how much time after normal use) videoplayback from whatsapp,telegram stops working. youtube , instagram videos work fine tho
Try new build 2020-01-21

I try clean install version 2021/16 google map is not working navigate is freez....I try another app it's still same.... navigate not working
Try new build 2020-01-21. Clean flash is recommended. Google Maps works fine for me

Hey @z3DD3r, I was reading on Google's AOSP docs on encryption, and found this memo:

Apparently FDE is supported only on Android 5.0 to 9, and the new model uses a File based encryption model instead. Do you have any info on this topic? Thanks!
This is only for new devices. FDE worked fine on Android 10 on hammerhead. Moreover maintainer of G2 told me that FDE encryption works on his device. So i need to find what is wrong on hammerhead. I can't give u any timelines because i'm out of free time :(

Notification bubble is not included in last build ????
Maybe it was disabled. Can't say. I didn't change anything. Each version was built from LOS sources without any changes...

Last edited:
Mar 23, 2015
Well, Android 11 consumes more memory than Android 10. So i guess you will see the same problems on LOS 18.1

Try new build 2020-01-21

Try new build 2020-01-21. Clean flash is recommended. Google Maps works fine for me

This is only for new devices. FDE worked fine on Android 10 on hammerhead. Moreover maintainer of G2 told me that FDE encryption worked on this device. So i need to find what is wrong on hammerhead. I can't give u any timelines because i'm out of free time :(

Maybe it was disabled. Can't say. I didn't change anything. Each version was built from LOS sources without any changes...
Thanks for new update 😁