[ROM][UNOFFICIAL] LineageOS 18.1 for Nexus 5 (hammerhead)

Search This thread

hmsq

Nov 9, 2006
London
Hi Guys,

Need some help.

So I installed the Recovery to repartition Nexus 5, I then flashed this rom and Pico Gaps, after setup and boot up when to install an app from PlayStore but keeps giving me not enough storage. When I plug it into my PC it recognises phone but there is no storage folder. Did I miss a step?

Edit* Looks like I didn't wipe or format /data partition it now works.

Last edited:

z3DD3r

Feb 9, 2016
Minsk
Google Nexus 5
Hello

New build is out. Short changelog:
1. April's security patch
2. Fixed GPS blobs
3. Fixed SELinux denials
4. Fixed Wi-Fi Display
5. Added some changes in kernel
6. Improved memory usage

Some notes about last item. I have enabled some options which are used on low memory devices with Android GO. It doesn't mean that i've build GO version of android. This will improve memory usage and more memory will be available.

Huge thanks to @tapecoda for tests!

z3DD3r

Feb 9, 2016
Minsk
Google Nexus 5
Hey, this looks pretty amazing but unfortunately my nexus is a hammerheadcaf.
:(
Should I expect a release for my device?
Hey.
Your Nexus 5 is Nexus 5 :) It is your choice to install CAF or AOSP based ROM. You can easily switch to LOS 18.1 with full wipe. There will not be CAF version from me because i have no time and no motivation to work on it.

6sxtc6

Apr 14, 2021
Hey.
Your Nexus 5 is Nexus 5 :) It is your choice to install CAF or AOSP based ROM. You can easily switch to LOS 18.1 with full wipe. There will not be CAF version from me because i have no time and no motivation to work on it.
Oh, I just though that my phone was locked to CAF. Thanks for the advice.
If it isn't much to ask, how do I switch from hammerheadcaf to hammerhead?

6sxtc6

Apr 14, 2021
1. Wipe all partitions in TWRP
2. Format data in TWRP
3. Install ROM
I completed the first 2 steps, and I could sound stupid, but when I attempt to install the custom rom, I get an error stating "This package is for device: hammerhead; this device is hammerheadcaf."

z3DD3r

Feb 9, 2016
Minsk
Google Nexus 5
I completed the first 2 steps, and I could sound stupid, but when I attempt to install the custom rom, I get an error stating "This package is for device: hammerhead; this device is hammerheadcaf."
What version of TWRP do you use?
Install latest version of TWRP HH from the second post and try again. If this will not help then u should flash stock 6.0.1, and only after that u can install TWRP HH, make repartition and install ROM.

jenkinsad0

Feb 12, 2021
69°N
Hello

2. Fixed GPS blobs
3. Fixed SELinux denials
4. Fixed Wi-Fi Display
6. Improved memory usage

Some notes about last item. I have enabled some options which are used on low memory devices with Android GO. It doesn't mean that i've build GO version of android. This will improve memory usage and more memory will be available.

Many thanks, @z3DD3r and colleagues!!
This build installed using the system updater on the 20210328 build with no problem at all :)

Last edited:
Reactions: m.morcielago

Gimbop

Feb 25, 2011
1. Wipe all partitions in TWRP
2. Format data in TWRP
3. Install ROM

If you want to use ROM with GAPPS then you need increase size of your /system partition. You can read how to do it in the second post of this thread.
Hello, so I think I screwed up partition size by a bad install of maruos. Using 3.5.2.9 twrp, was able to load up 18.1 and gapps pico but after failed maruos install. The part size got mangled. I'm sorry, new to this forum, and did try searching for it. but no avail. Could you point me to where I could redo the part? thanks!
[EDIT] Doopy me. did more digging and found your other thread. And a wholly cow thanks for your work!

Last edited:

wordlessecho

Feb 1, 2017
I can confirm the my N5 works fine with my Fritz!Box 6591 with WPA2/WPA3 AP on 5GHz.
My router is Redmi AX6. I disabled WPA3 on 2.4GHz and it works fine. It shows WPA/WPA2/WPA3-Personal on Wi-Fi details. So strange.
100017500053_352249.jpg

bemanet

• Dec 6, 2009
    See first page:

Known bugs:
    Screen mirroring via slimport HDMI adapter doesn't work.
    PMF aka 802.11w doesn't work.
    Encryption has problems. Read more about it here

Fenix46

• Nov 7, 2014
    Canicatti
    Hi guys.. I will soon come with a kernel for LineageOS, which will make the system quite stable. beware of new theard on my kernel, I also anticipate that I am working on the port of k3.10, I hope to succeed in giving new life to this device

Reactions: TomiLynch

Top Liked Posts

Hello

1. May's security patch
      2. Minor improvements in device tree and kernel
      Hello

2. Fixed GPS blobs
      3. Fixed SELinux denials
      4. Fixed Wi-Fi Display
      6. Improved memory usage

Hello

1. May's security patch
      2. Minor improvements in device tree and kernel
      Hello

2. Fixed GPS blobs
      3. Fixed SELinux denials
      4. Fixed Wi-Fi Display
      6. Improved memory usage

Many thanks, @z3DD3r and colleagues!!
      This build installed using the system updater on the 20210328 build with no problem at all :)
      Hi guys.. I will soon come with a kernel for LineageOS, which will make the system quite stable. beware of new theard on my kernel, I also anticipate that I am working on the port of k3.10, I hope to succeed in giving new life to this device
      LineageOS 18.1 is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11.0 (R), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
      #include <std_disclaimer.h>

/*
      * Your warranty is now void.
      * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
      * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
      * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
      * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
      * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
      */
      LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

The source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit our Gerrit Code Review. Your changelog is whatever was merged into gerrit.

Known bugs:
      Screen mirroring via slimport HDMI adapter doesn't work.
      PMF aka 802.11w doesn't work.
      Encryption has problems. Read more about it here

Downloads:
      ROM: https://sourceforge.net/projects/hammerhead-lineageos/files/18.1/
      GAPPS: https://opengapps.org/?arch=arm&api=11.0&variant=pico

Credits:
      Many thanks to the LineageOS team and all the contributors out there in the community

Contributors:
      z3DD3r

Source Code:
      Device tree: https://github.com/z3DD3r/android_device_lge_hammerhead/tree/lineage-18.1
      Kernel tree: https://github.com/z3DD3r/android_kernel_lge_hammerhead/tree/lineage-18.1
      Vendor tree: https://github.com/z3DD3r/android_vendor_lge/tree/lineage-18.1

Android version: 11.0.0 (R)
      Kernel version: Linux 3.4.113

Created 2021-01-07
      Last Updated 2021-01-21
      Hello

2. Fixed GPS blobs
      3. Fixed SELinux denials
      4. Fixed Wi-Fi Display
      6. Improved memory usage

Hello
      New build is out. Changes:
      1. Latest changes from LOS team
      2. Fixed FW loading for NFC
      3. Fixed some SELinux denials
      4. All proprietary blobs were moved to /vendor

PS: Last change will break Wi-Fi on criterion kernel. @Slmnj, FYI
      New build (2020-02-05) is up!
      This one includes improvements for lowmemorykiller from motorola which should improve memory usage
      Hi there.

I've got a Nexus 5 device for tests for some days and i'm trying to understand what is going on with encryption. I was able to encrypt my device on 20210207 build but the reason of previous fails is still a mystery for me. I'll appreciate if anyone can test encryption. I'll post instruction here but you should be aware that this process is destructive and you can loose all your data. Read instruction carefully and don't skip any step!

Here we go:
      1. Backup all data from your phone to PC
      2. Install latest version of the TWRP HH and boot it
      3. Dump 2 partitions to /sdcard from Terminal with next commands:
      Bash:
      dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p26 of=/sdcard/crypto.img
      dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p14 of=/sdcard/metadata.img
      4. Copy crypto.img and metadata.img to your PC
      5. Fill 2 partitions with zeros from Terminal with next commands:
      Bash:
      dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p26
      dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p14
      6. Wipe all partitions in TWRP
      7. Format Data in TWRP
      8. Reboot from TWRP into TWRP
      9. Intall ROM as always (Gapps and Magisk are optional)
      10. Boot into system
      11. Finish Setup Wizard and configure screen lock. Do not install any apps and don't restore any backups cos data maybe lost after encryption. I suggest even skip Play Market account setup. You can do it after encryption if everything will work.
      12. Encrypt your phone from the Settings -> Encryption
      13. Wait pationtly...
      14. If your phone will boot into TWRP then try to decrypt data, then wipe /Cache, /Data, /Dalvik and /Internal Storage, then reboot into system.
      15. If your phone will boot into System then reboot into TWRP, try to decrypt data, wipe /Cache, /Data, /Dalvik and /Internal Storage, then reboot into system.

Do not skip any of this steps!
      After doing that you can setup your phone and check your encryption status in Settings -> Encryption. If you will ses "Encrypted" then u can setup your account, restore backups and use your phone.

If device won't boot then well this doesn't helped you and you need to boot into TWRP, wipe all partitions, format data and install ROM from scratch. You can also restore dumped partitions. You can do it with next steps:
      1. Boot into TWRP HH
      2. Copy crypto.img and metadata.img to /sdcard/
      3. Restore 2 partitions from Terminal with next commands:
      Bash:
      dd if=/sdcard/crypto.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p26
      dd if=/sdcard/metadata.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p14

This works for me but i can't guarantee that this will work for everyone.
      Screenshot_20210218-151745_Settings.png

PS: I'm not responsible for bricked devices. Do it at your own risk!
    Our Apps
    Get our official app!
    The best way to access XDA on your phone
    Nav Gestures
    Add swipe gestures to any Android
    One Handed Mode
    Eases uses one hand with your phone