• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][UNOFFICIAL] LineageOS 18.1 for Nexus 6P (angler)

Search This thread

yourrealking

Jun 28, 2014
Thank you for the work, but why do you have to keep developing new ROM's instead of updating old ROM's that you released before? Isn't it more work to create a new ROM than updating an existing ROM?

It would have been fine if we could just flash a new ROM over a different ROM and keep all the settings, but we need to wipe the settings to flash a new ROM. This may not be a problem for a testing device, but if one is actually using the phone, keep losing the settings (and possibly data if something goes wrong during the flashing) is really inconvenient.

mudher25

Jun 27, 2012
Markham
Hey guys, haven't really been in the android scene for a while, swapped to iphone and kinda wanna try out the new android without grabbing a new phone. so i installed this after flashing stock oreo from google and i keep getting stuck at the android logo. twrp gets overwritten and when i put it back it wont decrpyt my storage even with the right password. do i just flash the BLOD zip right after the rom?

Lughnasadh

Mar 23, 2015
Google Nexus 5
Huawei Nexus 6P
Hey guys, haven't really been in the android scene for a while, swapped to iphone and kinda wanna try out the new android without grabbing a new phone. so i installed this after flashing stock oreo from google and i keep getting stuck at the android logo. twrp gets overwritten and when i put it back it wont decrpyt my storage even with the right password. do i just flash the BLOD zip right after the rom?
If you were able to boot up stock, you don't have the BLOD so don't flash the BLOD zip. Did you FORMAT data after flashing the rom and before booting? Need to do that or it won't boot.

zervon36

Apr 6, 2010
I had t

I had the same issue and I really need h

Can't play videos
Altho you can't play from web or usual video apps. I found a way
for youtube videos you can go to a "youtube mp3 converter" site and convert the video to mp4 and play with MX Player along with the ARM V8 Codec and SW (software decode) enabled heres the link to the codec. ARM V8 Codec You can also follow that thread with screen shots, you go to settings --> Local Player --> Decoder --> scroll all way down and select the Zip as Custom Codec. When you play the video file and it's all dark tap on the screen then top right three dots --- under decoder use SW. You can use APKpure store to download MX Player. It's a great google play store alternative. for camera there is one Called "Open Camera" for QR codes one called QR Scanner by "SECUSO"

• Wow
Reactions: Ata Ur Rehman

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    yUIn6TF.png
    LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 10, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Important Info:
    To flash this rom you need TWRP 3.3.1.0 or newer.

Make sure you have the vendor, radio, & bootloader img's installed, from the stock oreo 8.1 OPM7.181205.001 Dec 2018 factory image.
    They can be extracted from the factory image on google's site here. Or you can use the ones linked below that I already extracted:
    vendor, radio, bootloader img's: https://androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=286833
    The vendor img is flashable with twrp or fastboot. For the radio and bootloader img, use fastboot.

Instructions:
    If updating from an unofficial lineage-18.1 build, follow the steps below:
    1. If you don't already have them installed, flash the newest vendor, radio, and bootloader img's linked above.
    2. Boot into TWRP.
    3. Flash the ROM zip.
    4. Reboot & enjoy.
    NOTE: if you previously flashed gapps and/or the su addon, there's no need to flash them again. They will be automatically re-installed during rom zip installation.

If coming from a different ROM:
    1. If you don't already have them installed, flash the newest vendor, radio, and bootloader img's linked above. also make sure you have the newest twrp, linked above.
    2. Boot into TWRP.
    3. Wipe system & data & cache partitions.
    4. Format data.
    5. Flash rom & GApps & su zips (GApps & su zips are optional).
    6. Reboot & enjoy.

For more info or more detailed instructions, visit our wiki here.

Downloads:
    Reporting Bugs:
    • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
    Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Code:
    What is your--
    LineageOS version:
    LineageOS Download url:
    Gapps version:

Did you--
    wipe:
    restore with titanium backup:
    reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
    a task killer:
    a non-stock kernel:
    other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:

Source Code:
    Known issues
    • Constant System UI crashes.
    • Regular hiccups/freezes.
    • Broken Camera.
    • Bluetooth connectivity may vary.
    • Wi-Fi Hotspot.
    Peripherals

FBE Recovery
    : TWRP
    FBE Recovery (4 Core): TWRP
    BLOD Patch (4 Core): boot.img
    The steps are... you boot into bootloader, connect the phone to pc. Select the device on device manager and click properties and then drivers. Then select update drive and select the option that says something like "choose manually", then select the other option that appears, says something like "choose from list" once you click that it will present to you a list of drivers and you manually select the bootloder interface driver. After doing that, it will work. Open adb, type fastboot devices and it will appear.

Thanks for the detail instruction. I am able to recover my nexus 6p. Hooray!!! :)
    Thank you for the work, but why do you have to keep developing new ROM's instead of updating old ROM's that you released before? Isn't it more work to create a new ROM than updating an existing ROM?

It would have been fine if we could just flash a new ROM over a different ROM and keep all the settings, but we need to wipe the settings to flash a new ROM. This may not be a problem for a testing device, but if one is actually using the phone, keep losing the settings (and possibly data if something goes wrong during the flashing) is really inconvenient.