[ROM][UNOFFICIAL] LineageOS 18.1 for onyx

Search This thread

qsnc

Feb 26, 2013
Salzburg
www.vware.at
2okPze5.png

Introduction
LineageOS, an open-source Android distribution, is available for several devices,
with more being continuously added thanks to the biggest, yet ever growing, Android open-source community.
Join us and breathe new life in your device, be it old or new.
If you don't know LineageOS and would like to read about it before installing it you can take a look at the official Website.

Features
Individuality

Customization is paramount to productivity.
That’s why LineageOS promises to push for user personalization and preference.
Everyone is unique and your device should be too.
Security
Your data, your rules. With powerful tools such as Privacy Guard, you are in control of what your apps can do whenever you want.
Trust will help you understand the security of your device and warn you about possible threats.
We take security very seriously: that’s why we deliver security updates every month to all our supported devices.
And to make your device more secure, lock everything behind an enhanced lock screen.
Longevity
LineageOS extends the functionality and lifespan of mobile devices from more than 20 different manufacturers thanks to our open-source community of contributors from all around the world.
Installation:
If you are on stock OS, you need a custom recovery first. You can get the recommended recovery in the official installation instructions link below.
If you are coming from stock or other ROMs, you need to make a factory reset.
As always, make sure to backup before installing this ROM.

More detailed instructions at:
Install LineageOS on onyx.

Downloads
Download LineageOS 18.1 for OnePlus X
Download TWRP Recovery for OnePlus X
Recommended Google Apps package: Open GApps (Choose the arm pico package - NOT arm64)

Source code
All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review.

The device specific source code can be found in the LineageOS Github repo.
OnePlus X device tree
OnePlus X kernel

Changelog:
Initial

Bug reports:
Please submit bugs and other errors in this thread

Donate to support development:
Donate via PayPal to vware
Donate via PayPal to LineageOS

Contributors
Georg Veichtlbauer
ROM OS Version: Android 11
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x

Version Information
Experimental

Created 2022-06-12
Last Updated 2022-07-01

Last edited:

niravnn

Aug 12, 2011
Bardoli
OnePlus X
Thank you so much, I''ll be installing it tomorrow and will be active here if I found some bugs will report with logs :) once again thank you so much, much appreciated your work

Reactions: ze7zez

niravnn

Aug 12, 2011
Bardoli
OnePlus X
The in call volume is very high even at the lowest volume level and screen doesn't go off when answering a call or dialing a call

let me know that do I need to post logs for this issue :)

qsnc

Feb 26, 2013
Salzburg
www.vware.at
thanks for trying it! i will be playing a bit trying to reintegrate into upstream lineage, if that does not work, i will continue down this path.

should have some news pretty soon, though it's summer ;)

Reactions: niravnn and the4

qsnc

Feb 26, 2013
Salzburg
www.vware.at
as ive said in the other thread, this is pretty much just built on top of the trees of Yume. you can find the sources there, or on my github (linked in my profile).

however, also, just a post above, ive stated i am working on re-upstreaming the whole thing, i am not done yet. and its summer ;P once ive got news, i'll update the thread.

Reactions: niravnn

qsnc

Feb 26, 2013
Salzburg
www.vware.at
new release. beware: quite a lot of changes, mostly bringing configs back to stock (original maintainers didnt understand the usage of i2s in the sound config apparently). however: this may cause unexpected problems, so please let me know if anything new goes wrong here ;)
also, current source links are updated

niravnn

Aug 12, 2011
Bardoli
OnePlus X
just quick update
clean Installed it and so far it's fine. in call volume is perfect and screen also goes of now :)

I'll test it and see if I find any other bugs.. hopefully not 🤞

1 update: when it boots up it says signed with public keys

Last edited:

niravnn

Aug 12, 2011
Bardoli
OnePlus X
Random reboots keeps happening. Mainly when I try to switch between more than two apps or it could be something else. I've attached logs if it helps

Attachments

• 2022-06-23_20.35.zip
    277.3 KB · Views: 11
Reactions: ze7zez

niravnn

Aug 12, 2011
Bardoli
OnePlus X
sadface. did the other build crash for you guys too?
no other build was fine it wasn't rebooting like your latest build. but the in call volume was so high at the lowest volume that it was unsable as daily driver and also screen wasn't turning off when receiving a call or dialing a call so it was also creating issue. so I only used your other build for like 30 minutes but not a single reboot at that time.

but with your latest build, it rebooted every 5 minutes. so it's completely unusable..

Patjutzu

Aug 3, 2013
Berlin
OnePlus 8T
The version of the lineage-18.1-20220612-UNOFFICIAL-onyx.zip runs so far well with me no restart without reasons present.
Unfortunately, the display does not go off when making calls with the version lineage-18.1-20220612-UNOFFICIAL-onyx.zip when the phone is at the ear.
For me, the volume was ok, but not perfect either, I felt it was more quiet than loud.
It could be a bit louder.

Their new version lineage-18.1-20220623 I tested only briefly and then went back to the old one because of the constant reboots.

qsnc

Feb 26, 2013
Salzburg
www.vware.at
EDITED: pretty sure zram was the culprit in the new build, so please download from the first post again and try it, works okay on my device.

AFTER you have downloaded it, please let me know if volume issues still persist, it's been back and forth a bit ;)

Last edited:

Patjutzu

Aug 3, 2013
Berlin
OnePlus 8T
Sorry I noticed something else
So for one the proximity sensor still doesn't work and the display doesn't turn off while on the phone and just stays on when the phone is at your ear.

What also does not work is the interactivity display.

My settings are set to: Wave On, Pick Up On and Pocket On.
however nothing happens so I guess the sensor is not working because the phone just stays dark when in standby.

Baron1971

Oct 8, 2007
Colọnia Agrippinẹnsis
Good work for this old Phone!! And we have nothing to pay...! ;) One Question ist there an Option to customize the Navbar (center Clock, change Battery Icon, etc.)? I can't find anything.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Thanks for the smooth ROM, but the gallery shows the wrong GPSposition of the photos in the properties. My position in the mapsapp is OK. The same on LOS17.1...
    that's not a device related issue i am afraid, so i'd have to ask you to file a report at the official lineage bugtracker.

Will there be an Update with August Security fix?
    most likely not. i'm mainly working on oneplus 5/5t devices, and we are getting ready for android 13. i am using my private resources (i.e. beefy build server) to build lineageos, and i don't have the capacity (time, space and these days money) to work on too many things at once.
    of course you can: settings -> system -> status bar
    there you'll find most of the settings you want.

regarding wifi: yeah, wpa3 should be disabled actually

and you're welcome - you can still donate freely though ;)
    2okPze5.png

Introduction
    LineageOS, an open-source Android distribution, is available for several devices,
    with more being continuously added thanks to the biggest, yet ever growing, Android open-source community.
    Join us and breathe new life in your device, be it old or new.
    If you don't know LineageOS and would like to read about it before installing it you can take a look at the official Website.

Features
    Individuality

Customization is paramount to productivity.
    That’s why LineageOS promises to push for user personalization and preference.
    Everyone is unique and your device should be too.
    Security
    Your data, your rules. With powerful tools such as Privacy Guard, you are in control of what your apps can do whenever you want.
    Trust will help you understand the security of your device and warn you about possible threats.
    We take security very seriously: that’s why we deliver security updates every month to all our supported devices.
    And to make your device more secure, lock everything behind an enhanced lock screen.
    Longevity
    LineageOS extends the functionality and lifespan of mobile devices from more than 20 different manufacturers thanks to our open-source community of contributors from all around the world.
    Installation:
    If you are on stock OS, you need a custom recovery first. You can get the recommended recovery in the official installation instructions link below.
    If you are coming from stock or other ROMs, you need to make a factory reset.
    As always, make sure to backup before installing this ROM.

More detailed instructions at:
    Install LineageOS on onyx.

Downloads
    Download LineageOS 18.1 for OnePlus X
    Download TWRP Recovery for OnePlus X
    Recommended Google Apps package: Open GApps (Choose the arm pico package - NOT arm64)

Source code
    All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review.

The device specific source code can be found in the LineageOS Github repo.
    OnePlus X device tree
    OnePlus X kernel

Changelog:
    Initial

Bug reports:
    Please submit bugs and other errors in this thread

Donate to support development:
    Donate via PayPal to vware
    Donate via PayPal to LineageOS

Contributors
    Georg Veichtlbauer
    ROM OS Version: Android 11
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x

Version Information
    Experimental

Created 2022-06-12
    Last Updated 2022-07-01
    new build is up, quite a lot of changes. proximity sensor works fine for me, in call and also during inactivity display. unless i make some progress on my "internal" goals, this will be the one to get for some time, as it works for everything i need it to.
    new release. beware: quite a lot of changes, mostly bringing configs back to stock (original maintainers didnt understand the usage of i2s in the sound config apparently). however: this may cause unexpected problems, so please let me know if anything new goes wrong here ;)
    also, current source links are updated
    Thanks for the smooth ROM, but the gallery shows the wrong GPSposition of the photos in the properties. My position in the mapsapp is OK. The same on LOS17.1...
    that's not a device related issue i am afraid, so i'd have to ask you to file a report at the official lineage bugtracker.

Will there be an Update with August Security fix?
    most likely not. i'm mainly working on oneplus 5/5t devices, and we are getting ready for android 13. i am using my private resources (i.e. beefy build server) to build lineageos, and i don't have the capacity (time, space and these days money) to work on too many things at once.
    thanks for trying it! i will be playing a bit trying to reintegrate into upstream lineage, if that does not work, i will continue down this path.

should have some news pretty soon, though it's summer ;)