[ROM][DISCONTINUED] LineageOS 18.1 for Xiaomi Mi 5

Search This thread

aimfly

Nov 9, 2016
I try 1209 build, and self build, all has problem that after enable phone encryptiong(fde). after reboot, not prompt for password, just loop lineage log. and i checked last dmesg in /sys/pstore seems start phase is suspend at trigger min framework restart, but not special error log. I don't know if it's still not ported.

yevac

Jun 14, 2020
Uh oh. I just updated in TWRP and it stalled loading the OS at the lineage dot. It auto rebooted and now I'm in lineage recovery.

"Version 18.1 (20210304)

Can't load Android system. Your data may be corrupt. If you continue to get this message, you may need to perform a factory data reset and erase all user data stored on this device.

[Options]

Try again
Factory data reset"

Guess I will try again? :S

*edit: Huh, so my TWRP is gone and replaced by the lineage os recovery. Tried a couple things to no avail ala adb so just did the reset. Thankfully all my **** is backed up this time so not a big deal. Did I mess up on the install method for this to happen? I was using the previous build prior to this on a clean install.

*edit2: Also the battery life is GREATLY improved on this update. Phone is also much more responsive. I am just concerned to flash future updates for the fear of messing up my phone again. Also I only have lineage recovery now, is this sufficient or should I install TWRP?

Last edited:

tikkalamt

Oct 6, 2011
Redmi K20 Pro
Thanks for bringing Android 11 to Mi5!! (y)

I have a strange problem with recente button not working. It's not a HW problem because switching the buttons doesn't help and on-screen navigation has the same problem. I did a clean flash. Any suggestions?

Which gapps do you recommend? OP says opengapps, NikGapps, Mindthegapps...

topo01

Aug 10, 2014
Munich
Xiaomi Mi 5
Samsung Galaxy S22
Thanks for bringing Android 11 to Mi5!! (y)

I have a strange problem with recente button not working. It's not a HW problem because switching the buttons doesn't help and on-screen navigation has the same problem. I did a clean flash. Any suggestions?

Which gapps do you recommend? OP says opengapps, NikGapps, Mindthegapps...
Are you not using standard launcher (Trebuchet)?

Reactions: tikkalamt

romartin3

May 19, 2014
Alicante
Redmi K20 Pro
Hello.

I just installed the ROM and the truth is that it is really smooth. The only problem I'm having is that I can't get Google Pay to work.

With Lineage OS 17.1 it worked without problem, what could that be?

Thank you very much for your help.

eriol1

Feb 16, 2015
Official nightlies should be out real soon. :)
First one is up already :love:

Do you have a recommendation regarding gapps since open gapps for android 11 seems to still be under testing?

(OP should be updated BTW, the open gapps link still points to android 10 version. people might make mistakes...)

Reactions: i23098

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11 (R), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

Base source code is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to the project, please visit our Gerrit Code Review.

GPL compliance:
    yG18r6g.png

Broken / not yet supported:
    • Nothing (?)

Working:
    • Camera (and flashlight)
    • WiFi
    • NFC
    • Bluetooth
    • Telephony (Calls and Data), including VoLTE
    • Audio (Record and Playback)
    • Video Playback
    • Sensors
    • GPS
    • HW crypto (FDE)

Compatibility:
    Compatible with all Xiaomi Mi 5 variants (32GB / 64GB / 128GB). Xiaomi Mi 5S and 5S Plus are not supported.​
    Builds are based off the Xiaomi's Android 8.0 firmware with proprietary blobs from MIUI V10.2.2.0.OAAMIXM global stable package.​

Downloads:

Notice:
    • No custom kernels are supported in this thread. Only stock kernel and official builds will be supported. No bug reports if that's not the case.

Installation:
    • Reboot to recovery (TWRP recovery for Mi 5 - Direct link)
    • Format /system, /data and /cache
    • Install LineageOS zip package
    • Install [optional] a Google Apps package of your choice (Open GApps is advisable, but stock and super variants are not recommended!!!)
    Important notes:
    • Current minimal * required * firmware version is MIUI V10.2.2.0.OAAMIXM global stable, otherwise installation will fail. Download the latest dev fastboot package directly from Xiaomi and flash it prior to installing LineageOS or, alternatively, download and install one of the latest custom packages containing firmware only (at your own risk).
    • GApps can only be flashed on clean installs.
    • Formatting data (all user data is wiped, including internal storage) is a must if MIUI was previously installed and device was encrypted.

Credits & collaborations:
    This work is due to efforts from Mi5Devs founding members (@h2o64 and me) that did the full device bring-up. Huge thanks to @deovferreira for all the help during the kernel bring-up after source code dropped. Last but not least, pleasure having @luca020400 and @LuK1337 onboard since the bring-up of the whole Xiaomi 8996 family.​
    Finally, all LineageOS team would like to thank everyone involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging & documenting! Enjoy!​

Device wiki:
    New build is up. Since this is based on the new AOSP feature drop, it's now Lineage 18.1. Enjoy. :cool:
    New build is up, with this month's Android security fixes already included.
    A new thing is coming soon!
    New build is up. It includes March's security patch.