• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][UNOFFICIAL] LineageOS 18.1 for Xperia 1 II

Search This thread

clfbbn

Mar 29, 2014
EmPczMv.png

LineageOS 18.1
Code:
#include <std_disclaimer.h>
/*
* Your warranty is now void.
* I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
* thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
* do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
* before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
* you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
*/

About LineageOS
LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 10.x (Q),
which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS GitHub repo.
And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit our Gerrit Code Review.

Official LineageOS website : http://lineageos.org
About LineageOS Legal : http://lineageos.org/legal/

Important Information
1. This ROM is for testing purposes only and may contain unexpected bugs

2. This ROM has nothing related to ODM images! So you don't need to ask/install anything like that, just follow the instructions.
3. This ROM will never work with any versions of Google Camera (GCam)!
4. You need to flash Stock Android 10 before flashing this ROM.
5. For VoLTE, you need to boot into stock firmware and enable it before flashing this ROM!
6. If you came from SODP ROMs, you need to go back to official Android 10 firmware, and boot into launcher.

Downloads Links

AFH

Google Applications (optional):
NikGApps: https://nikgapps.com/
Information:
Flash the GApps before first boot. If not, a clean flash is recommended

Flashing and updating
How to flash

Make sure you upgraded to Official Android 10.0 from Sony
Unlock bootloader is necessary
Download latest platform-tools from google

1. Install fastbootd drivers, guidance
2. Put your device into fastboot by volume up key.
3. Enter fastbootd:
Code:
fastboot reboot fastboot
4. Flash LineageOS:
Code:
fastboot set_active a
fastboot flash boot boot.img
fastboot flash dtbo dtbo.img
fastboot --disable-verity --disable-verification flash vbmeta vbmeta.img
fastboot --disable-verity --disable-verification flash vbmeta_system vbmeta_system.img
fastboot erase metadata
fastboot flash system system.img
fastboot flash product product.img
5. If you are first time to flash LineageOS, Wipe the old userdata:
Code:
fastboot erase userdata

GApps:
Flash the recovery.img in the zip file

Flash and boot into Recovery then choose Apply update - Apply from ADB, then sideload the gapps package on your PC with adb tool:
Code:
adb sideload <PATH OF GAPPS>
Root access:
Flash Magisk in recovery.

Issues and reports

Report issues only if you are using the ROM kernel
If an additional mod is installed, make sure it's unrelated, and mention it
Make sure the issue wasn't discussed earlier in the threads
Share a log of the error with CatLog for example

Also thanks to:
Shion Sjll

The LineageOS Team
The CyanogenMod Team

Source Code:

ROM OS Version: Android 11
ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x

Version Information
Beta

Created 2021-01-20
Last Updated 2020-01-20

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210120-223617_Trebuchet.png
    Screenshot_20210120-223617_Trebuchet.png
    401.1 KB · Views: 575
  • Screenshot_20210120-223633_Settings.png
    Screenshot_20210120-223633_Settings.png
    153.5 KB · Views: 570
Last edited:
Reactions: Brotuck

clfbbn

Mar 29, 2014
Important note
1. This Lineage build is based on official Android 10, not Android 11 (since AT72 hasn't been updated yet)
2. This build is highly experimental and for testing purpose only
3. This ROM may not be able to pass SafetyNet check

What works:
- Boot
- Bluetooth (LDAC might have problems, I am not sure)
- WiFi
- WiFi Hotspot
- RIL - Phone - Data
- GPS
- Camera
- Lights
- Touchscreen
- Fingerprint
- Microphone
- Audio & music
- Bluetooth audio
- NFC
- Clock
- USB
- SEPolicies: Enforcing

What does not work:
Always On Display does not seem to work properly

Last edited:
Reactions: Brotuck

james194zt

Nov 1, 2007
Just tried flashing this rom, followed instructions above but it just boot loops between the sony screen and the "bootloader unlocked" screen.

james194zt

Nov 1, 2007
Yes I was originally stock android, followed the above and erased userdata, have even booted in to Lineage recovery and done erase data from there. Interesting thing though is that Lineage recovery cannot mount system? Have flashed it a few times no change, if I leave it after a few reboots it will eventually boot up on the "B" side and the stock OS starts to boot (to getting started wizard).

clfbbn

Mar 29, 2014
Yes I was originally stock android, followed the above and erased userdata, have even booted in to Lineage recovery and done erase data from there. Interesting thing though is that Lineage recovery cannot mount system? Have flashed it a few times no change, if I leave it after a few reboots it will eventually boot up on the "B" side and the stock OS starts to boot (to getting started wizard).
1. Can you post the model of your device? Are there any errors during flashing?
2. If you are on the LineageOS recovery (FastbootD) and trying to flash the ROM, you need to explicitly specify the slot, like `fastboot flash system_a system.img`
3. If it does not work, can you try flashing the stock 10 firmware using XperiFirm and newflasher and try flashing the ROM again?

james194zt

Nov 1, 2007
1. Can you post the model of your device? Are there any errors during flashing?
2. If you are on the LineageOS recovery (FastbootD) and trying to flash the ROM, you need to explicitly specify the slot, like `fastboot flash system_a system.img`
3. If it does not work, can you try flashing the stock 10 firmware using XperiFirm and newflasher and try flashing the ROM again?

have tried the above, it showed loading in to system a in the flash process when I did it but still boot looping :( device model is an AT51.

james194zt

Nov 1, 2007
Oh sorry, seems that I forgot something. When flashing, can you try flashing the dtbo.img? I forgot to add that command....

I had already seen that command on another ROM so tried it, also doing fastboot boot:raw boot.img, that just resulted in the phone showing a "this device is corupt", so I did fastboot boot boot.img and it returned back to the usual "bootloader is unlocked" message on startup, still just boot looping though.

I did notice I was on Android 11, so downgraded the phone to the last Android 10 rom with newflasher then ran the above commands again without any change

clfbbn

Mar 29, 2014
I had already seen that command on another ROM so tried it, also doing fastboot boot:raw boot.img, that just resulted in the phone showing a "this device is corupt", so I did fastboot boot boot.img and it returned back to the usual "bootloader is unlocked" message on startup, still just boot looping though.

I did notice I was on Android 11, so downgraded the phone to the last Android 10 rom with newflasher then ran the above commands again without any change
OK, maybe the dual SIM version is not compatible with single SIM version? I will try uploading a testing version later this day and see what happens.

Another thing you can try is not flashing the boot.img and dtbo.img and see what happens.

Edit 1: and have you ever flashed the ROMs that are Android 10? Can you successfully boot them?

Last edited:

james194zt

Nov 1, 2007
OK, maybe the dual SIM version is not compatible with single SIM version? I will try uploading a testing version later this day and see what happens.

Another thing you can try is not flashing the boot.img and dtbo.img and see what happens.

Edit 1: and have you ever flashed the ROMs that are Android 10? Can you successfully boot them?

I have tried the above and no luck, boot.img and dtbo.img left alone and still boot loops!

No just got the phone yesterday want it to be Google free, I am coming from a OnePlus though so not a stranger to flashing ROMs I have tried a couple of lineage ROMs now and nothing works actually on this phone.

Very strange, I have bootloader unlocked it fine, it is fastbootd and does all the above commands with no errors but just boot loops, same with any ROM which makes no sense at all!

clfbbn

Mar 29, 2014
I have tried the above and no luck, boot.img and dtbo.img left alone and still boot loops!

No just got the phone yesterday want it to be Google free, I am coming from a OnePlus though so not a stranger to flashing ROMs I have tried a couple of lineage ROMs now and nothing works actually on this phone.

Very strange, I have bootloader unlocked it fine, it is fastbootd and does all the above commands with no errors but just boot loops, same with any ROM which makes no sense at all!
Interesting, did you booted at least once when you downgraded to Android 10 because that might be the problem too?
I am also assuming this problem to be related to the vendor partition. If that is the case, I need to pull the blobs from AT51 and rebuild the ROM.

Edit: Would you mind we talking using telegram? I have PMed you my username.

mskyaxl

Aug 16, 2012
Iasi
Hi! this is awsome!

I just tried it out and everything seems to be working!

I am wondering it it is possible to get the camera pro and cinema pro working like for xperia 5 II

Does anyone know how to do it?

Reactions: ShionKagurazaka

ShionKagurazaka

Hi! this is awsome!

I am wondering it it is possible to get the camera pro and cinema pro working like for xperia 5 II

Uhh... I will write a new thread about it. Wait for me:)

Reactions: mskyaxl

mskyaxl

Aug 16, 2012
Iasi
Not easy to do, I think Bbn and me both are students, we don't have many times.
And then, if we need something like Sony Camera, Sony Photo Pro and so on in ROMs, we can't be offical :(
So why not Unoffical ?
I would like to make it Official because I would like to be able to get OTA updates. But I think you're right about the camera. The alternative is to not provide them and just share them separately as you share them.

I just build mine but I am thinking that not everyone has the patience to do it.

mskyaxl

Aug 16, 2012
Iasi
I noticed that extFAT does work on this build. Do you know how to fix it? I formatted the sd card to fat32 but the file size is limited to 4GB...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    EmPczMv.png

LineageOS 18.1
    Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */

About LineageOS
    LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 10.x (Q),
    which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS GitHub repo.
    And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit our Gerrit Code Review.

Official LineageOS website : http://lineageos.org
    About LineageOS Legal : http://lineageos.org/legal/

Important Information
    1. This ROM is for testing purposes only and may contain unexpected bugs

2. This ROM has nothing related to ODM images! So you don't need to ask/install anything like that, just follow the instructions.
    3. This ROM will never work with any versions of Google Camera (GCam)!
    4. You need to flash Stock Android 10 before flashing this ROM.
    5. For VoLTE, you need to boot into stock firmware and enable it before flashing this ROM!
    6. If you came from SODP ROMs, you need to go back to official Android 10 firmware, and boot into launcher.

Downloads Links

AFH

Google Applications (optional):
    NikGApps: https://nikgapps.com/
    Information:
    Flash the GApps before first boot. If not, a clean flash is recommended

Flashing and updating
    How to flash

Make sure you upgraded to Official Android 10.0 from Sony
    Unlock bootloader is necessary
    Download latest platform-tools from google

1. Install fastbootd drivers, guidance
    2. Put your device into fastboot by volume up key.
    3. Enter fastbootd:
    Code:
    fastboot reboot fastboot
    4. Flash LineageOS:
    Code:
    fastboot set_active a
    fastboot flash boot boot.img
    fastboot flash dtbo dtbo.img
    fastboot --disable-verity --disable-verification flash vbmeta vbmeta.img
    fastboot --disable-verity --disable-verification flash vbmeta_system vbmeta_system.img
    fastboot erase metadata
    fastboot flash system system.img
    fastboot flash product product.img
    5. If you are first time to flash LineageOS, Wipe the old userdata:
    Code:
    fastboot erase userdata

GApps:
    Flash the recovery.img in the zip file

Flash and boot into Recovery then choose Apply update - Apply from ADB, then sideload the gapps package on your PC with adb tool:
    Code:
    adb sideload <PATH OF GAPPS>
    Root access:
    Flash Magisk in recovery.

Issues and reports

Report issues only if you are using the ROM kernel
    If an additional mod is installed, make sure it's unrelated, and mention it
    Make sure the issue wasn't discussed earlier in the threads
    Share a log of the error with CatLog for example

Also thanks to:
    Shion Sjll

The LineageOS Team
    The CyanogenMod Team

Source Code:

ROM OS Version: Android 11
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x

Version Information
    Beta

Created 2021-01-20
    Last Updated 2020-01-20
    Important note
    1. This Lineage build is based on official Android 10, not Android 11 (since AT72 hasn't been updated yet)
    2. This build is highly experimental and for testing purpose only
    3. This ROM may not be able to pass SafetyNet check

What works:
    - Boot
    - Bluetooth (LDAC might have problems, I am not sure)
    - WiFi
    - WiFi Hotspot
    - RIL - Phone - Data
    - GPS
    - Camera
    - Lights
    - Touchscreen
    - Fingerprint
    - Microphone
    - Audio & music
    - Bluetooth audio
    - NFC
    - Clock
    - USB
    - SEPolicies: Enforcing

What does not work:
    Always On Display does not seem to work properly
    Hi! this is awsome!

Hi! this is awsome!

Uhh... I will write a new thread about it. Wait for me:)
    Latest Platform Tools
    Great! the fastbootd is OK.
    However, after flashing the dtbo.img, vbmeta.img, vbmeta_system.img, system.img and product.img, bootloop around 5 times and "device is corrupted...." and power off automatically. Any idea ?