[ROM][UNOFFICIAL] LineageOS 18.1 for Xperia 10 II [Gcam] [Performance]

Search This thread

xdauserart

Oct 13, 2020
Yeah, you have to copy it into the firmware folder and run it from there.
Well, that would flash the stock ROM, right? And wipe out my data, right?

Can I flash only those vbmeta*? If i update this update.xml file and put there only those?

1664623545976.png

UPDATE: this doesn't work

Last edited:
Well, that would flash the stock ROM, right? And wipe out my data, right?

Can I flash only those vbmeta*? If i update this update.xml file and put there only those?

View attachment 5724433

UPDATE: this doesn't work
It would not erase the data, it asks you if you want to but you don't have to. So you can then flash lineageOS again and everything should be in place.

xdauserart

Oct 13, 2020
It would not erase the data, it asks you if you want to but you don't have to. So you can then flash lineageOS again and everything should be in place.
It doesn't seem to flash anything. I tried to run ./newflasher from the folder with the firmware:

Code:
❯ sudo ./newflasher
--------------------------------------------------------
            newflasher v55 by Munjeni @ 2017/2020           

Determining available free space:

Available space to caller    = 222484 MB
  Total space on current drive = 479363 MB
  Free space on drive          = 246906 MB
found device with vid:0x0fce pid:0xb00b.

Do you want to keep userdata? Type 'y' and press ENTER to confirm, or type 'n' to erase userdata.
y

Reboot mode at the end of flashing:
  type 'a' for reboot to android, type 'f' for reboot to fastboot, type 's' for reboot to same mode, type 'p' for poweroff, and press ENTER.
f

Optional step! Type 'y' and press ENTER if you want dump trim area, or type 'n' and press ENTER to skip.
Do in mind this doesn't dump drm key since sake authentifiction is need for that! But it is recommend to have dump in case hard brick!
y
Dumping trimarea partition 1.
Created ouput folder tadump.
./tadump/tadump_1.ta created.
Dumping trimarea partition 2.
Dumping trim area to tadump folder.
./tadump/tadump_2.ta created.
Sent command: reboot-bootloader.

Done.
Closing device.

After this it still boots into this "Your device is corrupted..."

It doesn't seem to flash anything. I tried to run ./newflasher from the folder with the firmware:

Code:
❯ sudo ./newflasher

Do you want to keep userdata? Type 'y' and press ENTER to confirm, or type 'n' to erase userdata.
y

type 'a' for reboot to android, type 'f' for reboot to fastboot, type 's' for reboot to same mode, type 'p' for poweroff, and press ENTER.
f

Optional step! Type 'y' and press ENTER if you want dump trim area, or type 'n' and press ENTER to skip.
Do in mind this doesn't dump drm key since sake authentifiction is need for that! But it is recommend to have dump in case hard brick!
y

Done.
Closing device.

Yes, that is because you dumped the trim area, next time say no and it will work. (The trim area needs to be dumped at reboot).

Reactions: xdauserart

xdauserart

Oct 13, 2020
Yes, that is because you dumped the trim area, next time say no and it will work. (The trim area needs to be dumped at reboot).
Nice :) It flashed vbmeta* (not the whole stock rom). I can now boot into the recovery by lineageos (the one in violet color and with LOS logo) .

Before I flash the stock and then LOS ROM, how can I have root access? The reason i flashed Magisk is to fix a bug in a prog (Syncthing). Or I should flash Magisk after those? How to avoid getting the same issue I just fixed?

Thanks!

Nice :) It flashed vbmeta* (not the whole stock rom). I can now boot into the recovery by lineageos (the one in violet color and with LOS logo) .

Before I flash the stock and then LOS ROM, how can I have root access? The reason i flashed Magisk is to fix a bug in a prog (Syncthing). Or I should flash Magisk after those? How to avoid getting the same issue I just fixed?

Thanks!
If it boots up right now, you don't have to flash the stock firmware. As for root, you have 2 options: Use the updated TWRP or extract the lineageOS zip file, copy the boot.img, patch it with magisk, copy it to the PC and flash it.

xdauserart

Oct 13, 2020
If it boots up right now, you don't have to flash the stock firmware. As for root, you have 2 options: Use the updated TWRP or extract the lineageOS zip file, copy the boot.img, patch it with magisk, copy it to the PC and flash it.
No, it doesn't boot into OS. It boots only to the recovery. I mean if I press power button it tries to load OS but fails and reboots into the recovery where there is "Can't load Android system. Your data may be corrupt. If you continue.. factory reset.." etc. Now I see these options

1. Build this TWRP, https://github.com/blackshibe/twrp_sony_pdx201. And flush it.
2. Remove Magisk as per https://topjohnwu.github.io/Magisk/faq.html. I see I can Enable ADB in Recovery. So I guess I can disable Magisk, then boot into OS, then patch boot.img, copy to PC, and flush it. UPDATE: it doesn't work: `/system/bin/sh: magisk: inaccessible or not found`

It looks that my initial mistake was that I flashed this Magisk without patching it first from inside Magisk Manager in Android.

No, it doesn't boot into OS. It boots only to the recovery. I mean if I press power button it tries to load OS but fails and reboots into the recovery where there is "Can't load Android system. Your data may be corrupt. If you continue.. factory reset.." etc. Now I see these options

1. Build this TWRP, https://github.com/blackshibe/twrp_sony_pdx201. And flush it. Then flash Magisk. Then the OS should boot correctly.
2. Remove Magisk as per https://topjohnwu.github.io/Magisk/faq.html. I see I can Enable ADB in Recovery. So I guess I can disable Magisk, then boot into OS, then patch boot.img, copy to PC, and flush it.

1. Build this TWRP, https://github.com/blackshibe/twrp_sony_pdx201. And flush it. Then flash Magisk. Then the OS should boot correctly.
2. Remove Magisk as per https://topjohnwu.github.io/Magisk/faq.html. I see I can Enable ADB in Recovery. So I guess I can disable Magisk, then boot into OS, then patch boot.img, copy to PC, and flush it. UPDATE: it doesn't work: `/system/bin/sh: magisk: inaccessible or not found`

It looks that my initial mistake was that I flashed this Magisk without patching it first from inside Magisk Manager in Android.

It looks that my initial mistake was that I flashed this Magisk without patching it first from inside Magisk Manager in Android

Ok, then try to build the TWRP and see if it works.

xdauserart

Oct 13, 2020
Lunch=Selects the device you want to build it for
Mka=make but uses all cores by default
And it won't build some merge conflicts for

Code:
❯ LANG=en git fetch https://gerrit.twrp.me/android_system_vold refs/changes/40/5540/13 && git cherry-pick FETCH_HEAD

# Won't succeed as merge conflicts.

> git status

(use "git add <file>..." to mark resolution)
    both modified:   FsCrypt.cpp
    both modified:   KeyStorage.cpp
    both modified:   Keymaster.cpp

And it won't build some merge conflicts for

Code:
❯ LANG=en git fetch https://gerrit.twrp.me/android_system_vold refs/changes/40/5540/13 && git cherry-pick FETCH_HEAD

# Won't succeed as merge conflicts.

> git status

(use "git add <file>..." to mark resolution)
    both modified:   FsCrypt.cpp
    both modified:   KeyStorage.cpp
    both modified:   Keymaster.cpp
OK, I will try to build it (I can't right now because fedora decided that anything to do with android builds uses way too much ram and kills it, so I will be installing arch).

xdauserart

Oct 13, 2020
OK, I will try to build it (I can't right now because fedora decided that anything to do with android builds uses way too much ram and kills it, so I will be installing arch).
Hey, not sure what to do if this won't merge. Those conflicts are unclear to me how to resolve so I can't build locally. Files are in bootable/recovery/Android.mk and partition.cpp.

So I renamed magisk**.apk into uninstall.zip and flashed it. It then appeared this message "Your device is corrupt .. won't boot.." etc. I again tried to flash vbmeta*.sin only files (via ./newflasher). It didn't work, newflasher reported those files skipped. So I run newflasher for the whole stock os thus removing my LOS installation. Now I can boot into the stock OS.

With my data present. And apps installed. That's good

Hey, not sure what to do if this won't merge. Those conflicts are unclear to me how to resolve so I can't build locally. Files are in bootable/recovery/Android.mk and partition.cpp.

So I renamed magisk**.apk into uninstall.zip and flashed it. It then appeared this message "Your device is corrupt .. won't boot.." etc. I again tried to flash vbmeta*.sin only files (via ./newflasher). It didn't work, newflasher reported those files skipped. So I run newflasher for the whole stock os thus removing my LOS installation. Now I can boot into the stock OS.

With my data present. And apps installed. That's good
Ok, well I am now trying to build lineageOS 19.1, and if it builds, you could use the recovery from it.

xdauserart

Oct 13, 2020
Ok, well I am now trying to build lineageOS 19.1, and if it builds, you could use the recovery from it.
Do you say that if I install Magisk as per this guide https://topjohnwu.github.io/Magisk/install.html#getting-started I will have bootloop again? And I need this TWRP?

Now I have this stock ROM. No recovery. So I guess I flash this old recovery as here in this thread top post from Sjll. Then sideload their ROM. Then do Magisk as per the installation at the link above. And I guess I will have root, LOS and my data. Right?

Do you say that if I install Magisk as per this guide https://topjohnwu.github.io/Magisk/install.html#getting-started I will have bootloop again? And I need this TWRP?

Now I have this stock ROM. No recovery. So I guess I flash this old recovery as here in this thread top post from Sjll. Then sideload their ROM. Then do Magisk as per the installation at the link above. And I guess I will have root, LOS and my data. Right?
Yes, but you have to flash the rom, then reboot to recovery and then flash magisk, if you reboot to the system after flashing lineageOS, you will not be able to install magisk.

xdauserart

Oct 13, 2020
Yes, but you have to flash the rom, then reboot to recovery and then flash magisk, if you reboot to the system after flashing lineageOS, you will not be able to install magisk.
Hm, so full steps:

1. Have this boot.img from the stock firmware (it is ./boot_X-FLASH-ALL-E9C8.sin)
2. Boot into the stock ROM as I have now. Open Magisk (as I installed it before when I had LOS). There choose Install. Then Recovery Mode. Select the boot.img. Start the installation. Copy the file into my PC.
3. Flash recovery and rom as per this thread top post. Don't boot.
4. Then flash magisk: fastboot flash recovery /path/to/magisk_patched.img
5. Then boot into lineageos

Last edited:

xdauserart

Oct 13, 2020
Argh :( I did the above. Got the same issue: now can boot only into the recovery. The system won't load. In recovery it is "Can't load Android system. You data may be corrupt..." etc. What now? Again flash the stock rom. Then recovery. Then LineageOS. Not sure. I guess it is that LineageOS or Magisk doesn't work with other one.

Last edited:

xdauserart

Oct 13, 2020
:( That's it. I don't know what to do. Looks like I can only wipe out data and reinstall. I tried flashing stock rom without removing data, flashing lineageos, flashing magisk, flashing twrp, flashing vbmeta* in different orders. I can't boot into the stock rom as I could before. I can't boot LOS: "your device is corrupt.." message. I can't build this updated twrp from "blackshibe/twrp_sony_pdx201". The best I can do now is to boot into twrp, then I can run `twrp decrypt ****` but my password doesn't work, it won't decrypt (yes, i tried other passwords I can think of). I guess this is another lesson for me not to flash something from internet without thinking twice (at the beginning i flashed this magisk apk renamed to zip into recovery without patching it as they say).

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Code:
    ❯ sudo ./newflasher

y

f

y

Done.
    Closing device.

0826 version updated.
    1. Signature-spoofing supported.
    2. About front camera.
    On legacy android, camera 1 is recognized as front camera. We switched to SODP camera stack for Gcam support. Some wired things happend, camera 0 is main, and camera 1 is occupied by telescope cam, and camera 2, 3 is ultra-wide and telescope. In fact, 4 cameras works nromally, but you could only switch to front camera from telescope camera.
    3. For Gcam, you can choose use this one with my xml config.

Enjoy :D

More:
    For these users do not care front cam and want to use all back cams, you can choose the verison without suffix of fornt-cam.

I already found the reason, waitting for SODP solve the camera ID issue. We will get all camera works normally in future.
    0421 version Uploaded.
    1. Tripple cams switch fixed in Open Camera.
    2. Fix dark screen while minimum brightness.

Now, all bugs on LineageOS 18.1 fixed. Enjoy.
    2okPze5.png

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */
    About LineageOS
    LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11.x (R),
    which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS GitHub repo.
    And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit our Gerrit Code Review.

Official LineageOS website : http://lineageos.org
    About LineageOS Legal : http://lineageos.org/legal/

Important Information
    1. This ROM has nothing related to ODM images! So you don't need to ask/install anything like that, just follow the instructions.
    2. This ROM support Google Camera (GCam)! You need to flash Gapps at first.
    3. You need to flash Stock Android 11 before flashing this ROM.
    4. For VoLTE, you need to boot into stock firmware and enable it before flashing this ROM!
    5.If you cam from SODP ROMs, you need to go back to official Android 11 firmware, and boot into launcher.
    6.This ROM works fo both dual and single models.

Downloads Links
    LineageOS 18.1:
    Unofficial-build:
    Link
    Recovery: Link

Google Applications (optional):
    NikGapps, MindTheGapps. OpenGapps.
    Information:
    Flash the GApps before the first boot. If not, a clean flash is recommended.

Flashing and updating
    How to flash

Make sure you upgraded to Official Android 11.0 from Sony
    Unlock bootloader is necessary.
    Download latest platform-tools from google

1. Install fastbootd drivers, guidance
    You can install google's usb debug drivers.
    2. Download Lineage Recovery from AFH above.
    3. Put your device into fastboot by volume up key.
    4. Type the following command to flash the recovery:
    Code:
    fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
    fastboot flash dtbo dtbo.img
    fastboot --disable-verity --disable-verification flash vbmeta vbmeta.img
    fastboot --disable-verity --disable-verification flash vbmeta_system vbmeta_system.img
    fastboot reboot recovery
    5. Sideload the ROM package.
    6. If you are first time to flash LineageOS, Wipe data plz.

Gapps:
    After flashing ROM via siddeload, Reboot to recovery, choose Apply from ADB, then sideload the gapps package on your PC with adb tool:
    Code:
    adb sideload <PATH OF GAPPS>

Never flash oem from SODP!!
    If you flashed oem and meet any issues, I could only say you are a hanhan.

Root access:
    Flash Magisk in recovery.

Twrp:
    See this: Link

Gcam:
    Recommond this one with my xml config.
    Notice: You could only switch to front camera from telescope camera in Gcam.

Issues and reports

Report issues only if you are using the ROM kernel
    If an additional mod is installed, make sure it's unrelated, and mention it
    Make sure the issue wasn't discussed earlier in the threads
    Share a log of the error with CatLog for example

Also thanks to:
    Cubbins
    The SDOP team
    The LineageOS Team
    The CyanogenMod Team

XDA:DevDB Information
    Lineage-18.1 for Xperia 10 II, ROM for the Sony Xperia 10 II

Contributors

Sjll
    Source Code:

Donation
    https://paypal.me/sjllls

ROM OS Version: Android 11
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.14

Version Information
    Stable

Created 2021-01-16
    Last Updated 2021-10-10
    0828 update:
    All camera fixed.
    Color profile.
    Enjoy!
    1012 Update:
    1. Support ZRAM writeback, RAM compression is more efficient.
    2. Enable 4GB Extended RAM/Virtual RAM/Swapfile ZRAM.