[ROM][UNOFFICIAL] LineageOS 18.1 [OnePlus Nord N10/billie]

Search This thread

Sportfreunde

Oct 16, 2012
So is this one not stable? I'd prefer to get this instead of Pixel Experience but not if things like alarm clocks aren't working or unable to get Google Maps/GPS working. Also seems like a lot of people having issues with installation in the comments.

Artesna

Sep 25, 2021
Redmi 9C
OnePlus Nord N10 5G
I am asking about Android 12 based custom ROM for N10.
So far I think that the only option for android 12 is using a GSI, I'm using AncientOS Android 12 GSI and so far it seems to work great. But every android 12 gsi I've tried has worked (most of the gapps ones) so I'd guess you can just use any one of them. Here's a list of released GSIs, https://github.com/phhusson/treble_experimentations/wiki/Generic-System-Image-(GSI)-list and it's easy to install with a bit of googling. Feel free to ask me if you have any questions.

#Hadi

Mar 31, 2022
OnePlus Nord N10 5G
So far I think that the only option for android 12 is using a GSI, I'm using AncientOS Android 12 GSI and so far it seems to work great. But every android 12 gsi I've tried has worked (most of the gapps ones) so I'd guess you can just use any one of them. Here's a list of released GSIs, https://github.com/phhusson/treble_experimentations/wiki/Generic-System-Image-(GSI)-list and it's easy to install with a bit of googling. Feel free to ask me if you have any questions.
Thanks mate ☺️. I might mention you if I have any questions.

#Hadi

Mar 31, 2022
OnePlus Nord N10 5G
One more question: is fast charge working in AncientOS? And what about battery backup and Refresh rate?

Artesna

Sep 25, 2021
Redmi 9C
OnePlus Nord N10 5G
One more question: is fast charge working in AncientOS? And what about battery backup and Refresh rate?

Not sure what you mean with battery backup but fast charge I think should work, but I've lost my original charger so can't tell wiht this slow one I have atm. Refresh rate works by forcing fps to 90fps in phh settings. Also btw for bluetooth headphones etc, check option "force disable A2DP offload", and for aux port check "use alternate audio policy".

Though if you meant battery, backup, then in my opinion battery life is nice might even be little better than stock even with AoD on, though not sure. And as long as you use a gapps version you can backup, and use your google account backup on startup. Sorry for late answer

Reactions: #Hadi

wajeemba

Jan 19, 2014
www.cargocollective.com
Wow, thank you for the awareness about GSI Android builds, #Artesna! Are the CPU throttling curves any better with AncientOS than Oxygen on the Nord N10? It seems like the phone sutters without fail whenever I open Chrome on Oxygen, and it has since I got it!

Artesna

Sep 25, 2021
Redmi 9C
OnePlus Nord N10 5G
Wow, thank you for the awareness about GSI Android builds, #Artesna! Are the CPU throttling curves any better with AncientOS than Oxygen on the Nord N10? It seems like the phone sutters without fail whenever I open Chrome on Oxygen, and it has since I got it!
I'm not on AncientOS anymore because it hasn't been updated in a while, I switched to CherishOS since it is 12.1 with latest phh patches, I haven't done any benchmark tests to check but besides a bit of lag when starting the phone which stops quickly I haven't noticed much lag.

If you have a app or something to test I could post results using this GSI for comparing, though AncientOS is more heavily modded than this one so results might be different.

nomadicdev

Mar 8, 2018
does volte actually work?

animenote

Jan 22, 2011
I'm not on AncientOS anymore because it hasn't been updated in a while, I switched to CherishOS since it is 12.1 with latest phh patches, I haven't done any benchmark tests to check but besides a bit of lag when starting the phone which stops quickly I haven't noticed much lag.

If you have a app or something to test I could post results using this GSI for comparing, though AncientOS is more heavily modded than this one so results might be different.
Sup mind linking an android 12 version of the gsi where most normal functions work Camara, fingerprint, speaker, wifi, data, etc? I know a lot of developers may have moved on from this phone I think but if I can get hooked up with android 12 that would be great also one last question does magisk run well? Also if this is off topic or anything please give me the information via private messages, I'd appreciate it thanks!

nomadicdev

Mar 8, 2018
Sup mind linking an android 12 version of the gsi where most normal functions work Camara, fingerprint, speaker, wifi, data, etc? I know a lot of developers may have moved on from this phone I think but if I can get hooked up with android 12 that would be great also one last question does magisk run well? Also if this is off topic or anything please give me the information via private messages, I'd appreciate it thanks!
no, dont request private messages, we need this information public. No, current GSI's dont fully work with data/voice. the mostly working one that exists is Andy Yan's lineage os gsi, but no voice or sms

This rom is botched, codecs are not properly implemented, nfc isnt working either

Last edited:
Reactions: animenote

animenote

Jan 22, 2011
no, dont request private messages, we need this information public. No, current GSI's dont fully work with data/voice. the mostly working one that exists is Andy Yan's lineage os gsi, but no voice or sms

This rom is botched, codecs are not properly implemented, nfc isnt working either
I see, thanks for the info! Any idea how to install em? I'll like to test them on other devices I don't often use.

nomadicdev

Mar 8, 2018
I see, thanks for the info! Any idea how to install em? I'll like to test them on other devices I don't often use.
simple; remove sudo if doing it in windows, use stock vbmeta

sudo fastboot reboot fastboot #to get into fastbootd;
sudo fastboot --disable-verity --disable-verification flash vbmeta vbmeta.img;
sudo fastboot erase system;
sudo fastboot delete-logical-partition product_a;
sudo fastboot delete-logical-partition product_b;
sudo fastboot flash system GSI.img
sudo fastboot -w;
sudo fastboot reboot

Master Santa

Jul 3, 2022
Followed the steps, it failed at 47% and now I'm greeted with this 🙄😒 I'm probably going to have to flash stock in EDL mode and try again. Looks like it's in 900E mode (semi-brick state). If installing custom roms is really going to do this then I may avoid it all together and just keep a stock rooted rom. This is ridiculous

EDIT: so I reflashed stock, reunlocked, and it does it one again! This time when I changed the slot from a to b!!!! This kind of pisses me off. Apparently it doesn't like the fact I unlocked it.

EDIT:
I'm truly sorry for this guys.. it was because I was in Android 10 bootloader and not 11. Please forgive my that was user error on my part...

EDIT 2:
Oh my God Lineage OS looks so beautiful on this phone... Thank you so much for this opportunity good sir! It feels amazing to finally avoid stock Oxygen OS haha
IMG_20220708_014414424_HDR.jpg

Last edited:

Master Santa

Jul 3, 2022
That's what I did and ended up semi-bricked after the install. Apparently trying to install any rom gets to 47%, fails, and semi-bricks. I follow all the steps to the T and no dice. Could it be because I've got Android 10 global (OOS) installed while trying to install this ROM?

Last edited:

Master Santa

Jul 3, 2022
simple; remove sudo if doing it in windows, use stock vbmeta

sudo fastboot reboot fastboot #to get into fastbootd;
sudo fastboot --disable-verity --disable-verification flash vbmeta vbmeta.img;
sudo fastboot erase system;
sudo fastboot delete-logical-partition product_a;
sudo fastboot delete-logical-partition product_b;
sudo fastboot flash system GSI.img
sudo fastboot -w;
sudo fastboot reboot
Where do you even get the modified vbmeta image for install? Or do you just use the same stock one and reflash with those options?

EDIT:
I've found the appropriate files needed. Forgive me it's been a long time since I've rooted

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    fP0RlnB.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review.

What's working :
    Boots
    RIL
    Fingerprint
    Wi-Fi
    Bluetooth
    Camera
    Audio
    Sensors
    GPS
    NFC

Known issues :
    - DT2W
    - Adaptive Brightness

Instructions :
    !!!USE RECOVERY IMAGE IN LINEAGE DIRECTORY!!!

1. Download the ROM and recovery image
    2. Boot into bootloader adb reboot bootloader
    3. Flash the recovery image fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
    4. Do a factory reset in recovery
    5. Reboot into recovery fastboot reboot recovery
    6. Go to Apply update and choose Apply from ADB
    7. Sideload the rom adb sideload rom.zip

ROM: https://downloads.billaids.dev/Lineage

Device Tree: https://github.com/PixelExperience-Devices/device_oneplus_billie
    Kernel Tree: https://github.com/PixelExperience-Devices/kernel_oneplus_sm6350

ROM OS Version: Android 11
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.19
    Based On: LineageOS

Okay, since EVERYONE seems to be having problems here like I did, I'll make it simple.

DON'T USE TWRP, it's outdated software we really don't need it unless you're making backups.

OP in thread obviously didn't have the same problems we did.

1. Download Recovery.IMG and ROM.zip from OP. Magisk.apk from their site.
    2. Get phone into fastboot, at this point you should already have a backup made because beating the dynamic partition will eventually destroy your info anyway.
    3. fastboot flash recovery RECOVERY.IMG from OP. Use volume buttons to go to recovery now.
    4. From the new Android 11 recovery, factory data reset. Advanced boot into bootloader.
    5. NOW fastboot boot RECOVERY.IMG, takes you into recovery directly and nails down the wiggly partition.
    6. Update, ADB sideload ROM.ZIP
    7. Reboot system. You now have Lineage.
    8. From inside Lineage ROM boot into recovery again.
    9. Update adb sideload MAGISK.APK, you don't rename it or anything, it'll give you a signature verification error on phone, go ahead anyway, magisk patches from outside ROM, runs code, reboot into system.
    10. Install MAGISK.APK, follow directions. Direct install. ENJOY.
    11. Now if you want GAPPS use Android 11 magiskgapps module.

DON'T TRY TO PATCH BOOT.IMG FROM OP: BOOTLOOP
    DON'T TRY TO INSTALL NICKGAPPS, IT'S A FRUITLESS ENDEAVOR.
    AS LONG AS YOU CAN ACCESS BOOTLOADER STILL FOLLOW THESE DIRECTIONS EXACTLY TO FIX YOUR FUDGE UPS, IT'S A SIMPLE SOLUTION TO WHAT YOU MADE INTO A COMPLICATED PROBLEM BY TRYING TO OUTTHINK THE SOFTWARE.
    Once again, I would love to try this, but am still waiting for a TWRP that will restore as well as backup.
    ROM works great so far! Is there any chance we could get a MicroG version?
    Will look for it, please be patient
    this is pretty usable for me, i installed gapps via magiskgapps (would prefer signature spoofing and microg but im just messing around right now) and it's... surprisingly usable minus some little bugs that i don't really mind. really nice to be able to strip the google stuff away as much as possible, anyhow!