[ROM][UNOFFICIAL] LineageOS 18.1 [OnePlus Nord N10/billie]

Search This thread

Isabelinc

Jul 28, 2022
Does this still work fine enough in 2022? I should be getting my unlock token in 2 days, and I was just wondering if this would break my phone or not.

One Plus T-Mobile (BE2028) by the way.

Last edited:

nomadicdev

Mar 8, 2018
Where do you even get the modified vbmeta image for install? Or do you just use the same stock one and reflash with those options?

EDIT:
I've found the appropriate files needed. Forgive me it's been a long time since I've rooted
yeah if you use the python script from pip called payload_dumper you can extract it from stock.
did you manage to get lte/volte/sms working with the gsi? I've had no luck, even with a patched ims.apk from stock

palswim

Mar 9, 2012
EDIT:
I'm truly sorry for this guys.. it was because I was in Android 10 bootloader and not 11. Please forgive my that was user error on my part...
Are you saying there is an additional step before following all of the instructions if you are running either Android 10 or Android 11. Can anyone share this step?

I can re-flash stock with the Qualcomm EDL tool, but I have a version flashing Android 10, and the instructions to flash Lineage leave my phone in Crashdump Mode.

First and foremost, I'm glad someone is attempting to bring LineageOS (or other like ROMs) to a budget pick, nice. Secondly, it's an okay attempt... but thirdly, these directions are horribly insufficient, and they don't address A/B issues, let alone any/all gotchas. I'll stick to Droid on Time.

Edit: You *need* to learn how to format your posts on forums, people. You also need to use as complete of sentences as you can. #112 is better, but don't call it an 'algo', it's not an algorithm, it's just a sequence of commands for use in a console/terminal.

Edit: *reaches for the VM to use Qualcomm EDL to restore back to factory to try another release, this unofficial is a train-wreck*
Does this still work fine enough in 2022? I should be getting my unlock token in 2 days, and I was just wondering if this would break my phone or not.

One Plus T-Mobile (BE2028) by the way.

Hell no, it doesn't.

Edit: If anyone is curious about TWRP, there is a working build. TWRP for Oneplus Nord N10 5G. Obviously be careful and read the thread. It's a beta and shouldn't be used to alter data, merely look at things, nothing more at the moment.

Edit: If you have the T-Mobile variant, BE88CB also seen as BE2028, and you need to restore to factory defaults, use this tool. Remember to read the thread.

Last edited:
Reactions: Isabelinc
Hiya, how would one attempt to make a port for a variant? I have billie8t, partitions seem to be different, this twrp for Billie is useless. Want to make twrp and lineage for this device. Billie8t/be2028
I created a device-tree for the billie8/8t, but I have no idea if I extracted and did the dtb, Image.gz, and recoverydtbo correctly on my GitHub. Just need someone who knows how to compile TWRP to try it. :/ fstab mostly matches, by the way, though some entries are just simply missing. You and I have the same device, thus the interest.

Isabelinc

Jul 28, 2022
First and foremost, I'm glad someone is attempting to bring LineageOS (or other like ROMs) to a budget pick, nice. Secondly, it's an okay attempt... but thirdly, these directions are horribly insufficient, and they don't address A/B issues, let alone any/all gotchas. I'll stick to Droid on Time.

Edit: You *need* to learn how to format your posts on forums, people. You also need to use as complete of sentences as you can. #112 is better, but don't call it an 'algo', it's not an algorithm, it's just a sequence of commands for use in a console/terminal.

Edit: *reaches for the VM to use Qualcomm EDL to restore back to factory to try another release, this unofficial is a train-wreck*

Hell no, it doesn't.

Edit: If anyone is curious about TWRP, there is a working build. TWRP for Oneplus Nord N10 5G. Obviously be careful and read the thread. It's a beta and shouldn't be used to alter data, merely look at things, nothing more at the moment.

Edit: If you have the T-Mobile variant, BE88CB also seen as BE2028, and you need to restore to factory defaults, use this tool. Remember to read the thread.
Yea the ROM didn't work at all and in the end I picked ArrowOS since it was the closest thing to what I want + magisk works just fine.

I don't really plan on flashing any other ROM on my phone unless this phone gets an official version.

Edit: I also did had to do the A/B stuff and I made instructions for the ArrowOS ROM

Reactions: OdinVex
Yea the ROM didn't work at all and in the end I picked ArrowOS since it was the closest thing to what I want + magisk works just fine.

I don't really plan on flashing any other ROM on my phone unless this phone gets an official version.

Edit: I also did had to do the A/B stuff and I made instructions for the ArrowOS ROM
Doesn't 'fastboot flash recovery_a' and 'fastboot flash recovery_b' handle that 4-7? I have a background in older Arm development (pre-Android, mostly old cable modems), I'm considering taking a crack at bringing LineageOS to billie8/8t, at the same time I was going to look at reverse-engineering the driver files enough that I could make them compatible with Android 12+ (whether that means building a mitm elf to translate APIs across versions or whatever). Not sure what the differences are that are causing the failures to boot. But at the same time, I'm considering flashing to stock and giving the phone away, I can't stand bootloaders that whine “OMG you unlockerz me!” or uses nonsense unlock methods. Just to be clear, Arrow works on your 8/8t? If so, perhaps Arrow's developer can shed light. Edit: Just really tired of this whole Android/iPhone duopoly, which I had a stronger background in electronics engineering to the point of working on something like the Pinephone but with AAA-hardware/FPGA-development for chipsets, I don't care about being rich. (Yeah, I know, wishful thinking to hope someone would open-source an 802.11 chipset supporting most standards, same for cell chips.)

Edit: It may be possible to 'debrand' these billie8/t8s into billie versions. I've been looking around MSM, and it might be possible. May check later (tired), just involves tricking MSM into flashing an OPS for a billie. My only concern would be for the cell-radio's firmware regarding the fake-5G-support (5G over non-5G frequencies, such as 600MHz by T-Mobile).

Edit: I decided to try Arrow...it works, but Visual Voicemail isn't, for now. Might need one of the T-Mobile junk apps to enable (or I can take it apart and find out what it modifies to enable it, I did that to enable flashing any CSC and getting TMO's VoLTE and VoWiFi working on my old S8+ Duos). I used different steps, though, which may also work for LineageOS and PixelExperience. Will outline later and report back.

Edit: Uses 500 MB less RAM on average.

Edit: VoLTE icon can be enabled, and it'll show in the statusbar, but Network Cell Info shows it as unavailable. I know that TMO modifies VoLTE and Visual Voicemail stuff with their stupid preload app, it may be necessary to include it for 8/8t variants. This also might be why Visual Voicemail with the built-in Dialer is failing.

Edit: Video calls terminate shortly after both ends start showing a video, not a network issue (as far as WiFi or Data is concerned). Going to say those TMO-junk apps are necessary. When they'll roll out a REAL RCS backend and stop their custom ****, who knows..

Last edited:

palswim

Mar 9, 2012
I want to share my experience of finally succeeding in running LineageOS on my OnePlus Nord BE2025 (BE88CF) device, because I know I experienced much frustration following different guides missing essential steps.

To be clear, I ended up running a LineageOS GSI build, so you can stop reading if you don't care for the GSI version.

I waited the 6 months to unlock my device with the Metro Unlock request, so I will not cover how to unlock the device by other means (like flashing an image for a different model with the EDL mode). However, I did use the EDL mode to restore my Nord to stock (several times during this process, in fact) (direct link to file with the MSM tool and image that I used), and I had to use a physical Windows 10 machine to do so, not a Windows VM, even with USB pass-through.

Starting from the Oxygen OS 10.5.8 stock image:
  1. All commands assume a Linux environment that includes adb and fastboot in the $PATH directories
    fastboot commands probably require superuser (root) privileges, so you may need to either prefix them with sudo, or wrap them in a script to call as the superuser
  2. Re-apply the unlock token OnePlus provided after the Unlock request (requires "OEM Unlocking" Setting)
    Code:
    adb reboot bootloader
    fastboot flash cust-unlock unlock_code.bin
    fastboot oem unlock
    This will wipe and reboot your phone
  3. Flash the images for the Global (BE86AA) variant of the phone (I used the Oxygen OS 10.5.12 images)
    Run the commands in the directory where you've extracted the images from the ZIP file
    Code:
    # From bootloader: "adb reboot bootloader" or "fastboot reboot bootloader" if unsure
    fastboot flashing unlock
    fastboot flashing unlock_critical
    fastboot flash dtbo dtbo.img
    fastboot --set-active=a
    fastboot flash modem_a modem.img
    fastboot flash boot_a boot.img
    fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
    fastboot reboot bootloader
    fastboot --set-active=b
    fastboot flash modem_b modem.img
    fastboot flash boot_b boot.img
    # On Windows "fastboot reboot-bootloader"
    fastboot reboot fastboot
    fastboot flash --slot=all abl abl.img
    fastboot flash --slot=all aop aop.img
    fastboot flash --slot=all bluetooth bluetooth.img
    fastboot flash --slot=all boot boot.img
    fastboot flash --slot=all cmnlib cmnlib.img
    fastboot flash --slot=all cmnlib64 cmnlib64.img
    fastboot flash --slot=all devcfg devcfg.img
    fastboot flash --slot=all dsp dsp.img
    fastboot flash --slot=all dtbo dtbo.img
    fastboot flash --slot=all featenabler featenabler.img
    fastboot flash --slot=all hyp hyp.img
    fastboot flash --slot=all imagefv imagefv.img
    fastboot flash --slot=all keymaster keymaster.img
    fastboot flash --slot=all logo logo.img
    fastboot flash --slot=all mdm_oem_stanvbk mdm_oem_stanvbk.img
    fastboot flash --slot=all modem modem.img
    fastboot flash --slot=all multiimgoem multiimgoem.img
    fastboot flash --slot=all oem_stanvbk oem_stanvbk.img
    fastboot flash --slot=all opproduct opproduct.img
    fastboot flash --slot=all qupfw qupfw.img
    fastboot flash --slot=all recovery recovery.img
    fastboot flash --slot=all spunvm spunvm.img
    fastboot flash --slot=all storsec storsec.img
    fastboot flash --slot=all tz tz.img
    fastboot flash --slot=all uefisecapp uefisecapp.img
    fastboot flash --slot=all xbl xbl.img
    fastboot flash --slot=all xbl_config xbl_config.img
    fastboot delete-logical-partition odm
    fastboot delete-logical-partition odm_a
    fastboot delete-logical-partition odm_b
    fastboot delete-logical-partition product
    fastboot delete-logical-partition product_a
    fastboot delete-logical-partition product_b
    fastboot delete-logical-partition system
    fastboot delete-logical-partition system_a
    fastboot delete-logical-partition system_b
    fastboot delete-logical-partition system_ext
    fastboot delete-logical-partition system_ext_a
    fastboot delete-logical-partition system_ext_b
    fastboot delete-logical-partition vendor
    fastboot delete-logical-partition vendor_a
    fastboot delete-logical-partition vendor_b
    fastboot create-logical-partition odm_a 100000
    fastboot create-logical-partition odm_b 100000
    fastboot create-logical-partition product_a 100000
    fastboot create-logical-partition product_b 100000
    fastboot create-logical-partition system_a 100000
    fastboot create-logical-partition system_b 100000
    fastboot create-logical-partition vendor_a 100000
    fastboot create-logical-partition vendor_b 100000
    fastboot flash --slot=all odm odm.img
    fastboot flash --slot=all product product.img
    fastboot flash --slot=all system system.img
    fastboot flash --slot=all vbmeta vbmeta.img
    fastboot flash --slot=all vbmeta_system vbmeta_system.img
    fastboot flash --slot=all vendor vendor.img
  4. Flash a GSI image to the phone (I used @AndyYan's Lineage 18.1 Vanilla image)
    Assuming image in file GSI.img (remember to extract any XZ file)
    Code:
    # From fastbootd: "fastboot reboot fastboot" if unsure
    fastboot flash system GSI.img
    fastboot -w
    fastboot reboot
    You could probably merge this step into the flashing of the Stock ROM step above, but I wanted to outline the exact steps I took
I did eventually flash the LineageOS recovery image as well so that I could install Magisk (yes, I know the image contained its own SU app) and Magisk modules, but that is a post for a different time.

Also, to get Bluetooth audio to work, I set the "Force-disable A2DP offload" option in the "Settings > Phh Treble Settings > Misc features > Other" section.

Last edited:
I was always able to flash both a and b from within the same session without needing to set-active and reboot.

Code:
fastboot flash recovery_a recovery.img
fastboot flash recovery_b recovery.img

Last edited:

palswim

Mar 9, 2012
I was always able to flash both a and b from within the same session without needing to set-active and reboot.
There are probably tweaks and optimizations you can do to my process, but I wanted to chronicle my steps thoroughly. I logged my steps partially in case I have to do it all again, so if I do, I'll probably try your suggestion.

Uri El

Jan 23, 2023
Successfully installed LineageOS! (Tmobile N10 5g, all versions)

Made an account on xda just to post on this forum. Following steps by palswim above that begins with "I want to share my experience of finally succeeding..." enabled my phone to be downgraded from android 11 to android 10, and install lineageOS without any hassle or trouble. It just finished in a few minutes. I am so thankful!

NOTE: stay in the fastboot menu that shows three language options, no need to click elsewhere while running commands

EDIT: I used the exact files he mentioned using

(in the script some things don't exist, like
fastboot flash --slot=all cmnlib64 cmnlib64.img,
just ignore and keep going line by line, it works!)

Last edited:

Uri El

Jan 23, 2023
I want to share my experience of finally succeeding in running LineageOS on my OnePlus Nord BE2025 (BE88CF) device, because I know I experienced much frustration following different guides missing essential steps.

To be clear, I ended up running a LineageOS GSI build, so you can stop reading if you don't care for the GSI version.

I waited the 6 months to unlock my device with the Metro Unlock request, so I will not cover how to unlock the device by other means (like flashing an image for a different model with the EDL mode). However, I did use the EDL mode to restore my Nord to stock (several times during this process, in fact) (direct link to file with the MSM tool and image that I used), and I had to use a physical Windows 10 machine to do so, not a Windows VM, even with USB pass-through.

Starting from the Oxygen OS 10.5.8 stock image:
  1. All commands assume a Linux environment that includes adb and fastboot in the $PATH directories
    fastboot commands probably require superuser (root) privileges, so you may need to either prefix them with sudo, or wrap them in a script to call as the superuser
  2. Re-apply the unlock token OnePlus provided after the Unlock request (requires "OEM Unlocking" Setting)
    Code:
    adb reboot bootloader
    fastboot flash cust-unlock unlock_code.bin
    fastboot oem unlock
    This will wipe and reboot your phone
  3. Flash the images for the Global (BE86AA) variant of the phone (I used the Oxygen OS 10.5.12 images)
    Run the commands in the directory where you've extracted the images from the ZIP file
    Code:
    # From bootloader: "adb reboot bootloader" or "fastboot reboot bootloader" if unsure
    fastboot flashing unlock
    fastboot flashing unlock_critical
    fastboot flash dtbo dtbo.img
    fastboot --set-active=a
    fastboot --set-active=b
    # On Windows "fastboot reboot-bootloader"
    fastboot reboot fastboot
    fastboot flash --slot=all abl abl.img
    fastboot flash --slot=all aop aop.img
    fastboot flash --slot=all bluetooth bluetooth.img
    fastboot flash --slot=all boot boot.img
    fastboot flash --slot=all cmnlib64 cmnlib64.img
    fastboot flash --slot=all devcfg devcfg.img
    fastboot flash --slot=all dsp dsp.img
    fastboot flash --slot=all dtbo dtbo.img
    fastboot flash --slot=all featenabler featenabler.img
    fastboot flash --slot=all hyp hyp.img
    fastboot flash --slot=all imagefv imagefv.img
    fastboot flash --slot=all keymaster keymaster.img
    fastboot flash --slot=all logo logo.img
    fastboot flash --slot=all mdm_oem_stanvbk mdm_oem_stanvbk.img
    fastboot flash --slot=all modem modem.img
    fastboot flash --slot=all multiimgoem multiimgoem.img
    fastboot flash --slot=all oem_stanvbk oem_stanvbk.img
    fastboot flash --slot=all opproduct opproduct.img
    fastboot flash --slot=all qupfw qupfw.img
    fastboot flash --slot=all recovery recovery.img
    fastboot flash --slot=all spunvm spunvm.img
    fastboot flash --slot=all storsec storsec.img
    fastboot flash --slot=all tz tz.img
    fastboot flash --slot=all uefisecapp uefisecapp.img
    fastboot flash --slot=all xbl xbl.img
    fastboot flash --slot=all xbl_config xbl_config.img
    fastboot delete-logical-partition odm
    fastboot delete-logical-partition odm_a
    fastboot delete-logical-partition odm_b
    fastboot delete-logical-partition product
    fastboot delete-logical-partition product_b
    fastboot delete-logical-partition system
    fastboot delete-logical-partition system_a
    fastboot delete-logical-partition system_b
    fastboot delete-logical-partition system_ext
    fastboot delete-logical-partition system_ext_b
    fastboot delete-logical-partition vendor
    fastboot delete-logical-partition vendor_a
    fastboot delete-logical-partition vendor_b
    fastboot create-logical-partition odm_a 100000
    fastboot create-logical-partition odm_b 100000
    fastboot create-logical-partition product_a 100000
    fastboot create-logical-partition product_b 100000
    fastboot create-logical-partition system_a 100000
    fastboot create-logical-partition system_b 100000
    fastboot create-logical-partition vendor_a 100000
    fastboot create-logical-partition vendor_b 100000
    fastboot flash --slot=all odm odm.img
    fastboot flash --slot=all product product.img
    fastboot flash --slot=all system system.img
    fastboot flash --slot=all vbmeta vbmeta.img
    fastboot flash --slot=all vbmeta_system vbmeta_system.img
    fastboot flash --slot=all vendor vendor.img
  4. Flash a GSI image to the phone (I used @AndyYan's Lineage 18.1 Vanilla image)
    Assuming image in file GSI.img (remember to extract any XZ file)
    Code:
    # From fastbootd: "fastboot reboot fastboot" if unsure
    fastboot -w
    fastboot reboot
    You could probably merge this step into the flashing of the Stock ROM step above, but I wanted to outline the exact steps I took
I did eventually flash the LineageOS recovery image as well so that I could install Magisk (yes, I know the image contained its own SU app) and Magisk modules, but that is a post for a different time.

Also, to get Bluetooth audio to work, I set the "Force-disable A2DP offload" option in the "Settings > Phh Treble Settings > Misc features > Other" section.
how did you get magisk to work? I end up having message that there is already su and modules won't load right

Code:
fastboot flash recovery_a recovery.img
fastboot flash recovery_b recovery.img
here is what i do to flash any gsi with gapps. i flashed ricedroid 12.1 which was 3.9GB onto my nord n10 5g. it will allow you to flash past not enough space

fastboot reboot fastboot
fastboot erase system_a
fastboot -w
fastboot reboot

here is what i do to flash any gsi with gapps. i flashed ricedroid 12.1 which was 3.9GB onto my nord n10 5g. it will allow you to flash past not enough space

fastboot reboot fastboot
fastboot erase system_a
fastboot -w
fastboot reboot
My biggest issues are with Shi-T-Mobile's disabling+idiot way of accessing Visual Voice Mail and their method of enabling VoLTE. This was my first *and last* OneMinus phone purchase, definitely switching to something FOSS that I can get my hands into.

My biggest issues are with Shi-T-Mobile's disabling+idiot way of accessing Visual Voice Mail and their method of enabling VoLTE. This was my first *and last* OneMinus phone purchase, definitely switching to something FOSS that I can get my hands into.
I have this phone as a backup and Pixel 6 pro as main, ****ing love it

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    fP0RlnB.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review.

What's working :
    Boots
    RIL
    Fingerprint
    Wi-Fi
    Bluetooth
    Camera
    Audio
    Sensors
    GPS
    NFC

Known issues :
    - DT2W
    - Adaptive Brightness

Instructions :
    !!!USE RECOVERY IMAGE IN LINEAGE DIRECTORY!!!

1. Download the ROM and recovery image
    2. Boot into bootloader adb reboot bootloader
    3. Flash the recovery image fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
    4. Do a factory reset in recovery
    5. Reboot into recovery fastboot reboot recovery
    6. Go to Apply update and choose Apply from ADB
    7. Sideload the rom adb sideload rom.zip

ROM: https://downloads.billaids.dev/Lineage

Device Tree: https://github.com/PixelExperience-Devices/device_oneplus_billie
    Kernel Tree: https://github.com/PixelExperience-Devices/kernel_oneplus_sm6350

ROM OS Version: Android 11
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.19
    Based On: LineageOS

Okay, since EVERYONE seems to be having problems here like I did, I'll make it simple.

DON'T USE TWRP, it's outdated software we really don't need it unless you're making backups.

OP in thread obviously didn't have the same problems we did.

1. Download Recovery.IMG and ROM.zip from OP. Magisk.apk from their site.
    2. Get phone into fastboot, at this point you should already have a backup made because beating the dynamic partition will eventually destroy your info anyway.
    3. fastboot flash recovery RECOVERY.IMG from OP. Use volume buttons to go to recovery now.
    4. From the new Android 11 recovery, factory data reset. Advanced boot into bootloader.
    5. NOW fastboot boot RECOVERY.IMG, takes you into recovery directly and nails down the wiggly partition.
    6. Update, ADB sideload ROM.ZIP
    7. Reboot system. You now have Lineage.
    8. From inside Lineage ROM boot into recovery again.
    9. Update adb sideload MAGISK.APK, you don't rename it or anything, it'll give you a signature verification error on phone, go ahead anyway, magisk patches from outside ROM, runs code, reboot into system.
    10. Install MAGISK.APK, follow directions. Direct install. ENJOY.
    11. Now if you want GAPPS use Android 11 magiskgapps module.

DON'T TRY TO PATCH BOOT.IMG FROM OP: BOOTLOOP
    DON'T TRY TO INSTALL NICKGAPPS, IT'S A FRUITLESS ENDEAVOR.
    AS LONG AS YOU CAN ACCESS BOOTLOADER STILL FOLLOW THESE DIRECTIONS EXACTLY TO FIX YOUR FUDGE UPS, IT'S A SIMPLE SOLUTION TO WHAT YOU MADE INTO A COMPLICATED PROBLEM BY TRYING TO OUTTHINK THE SOFTWARE.
    Once again, I would love to try this, but am still waiting for a TWRP that will restore as well as backup.
    ROM works great so far! Is there any chance we could get a MicroG version?
    Will look for it, please be patient
    this is pretty usable for me, i installed gapps via magiskgapps (would prefer signature spoofing and microg but im just messing around right now) and it's... surprisingly usable minus some little bugs that i don't really mind. really nice to be able to strip the google stuff away as much as possible, anyhow!