Search This thread

althafvly

Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
May 28, 2014
Malappuram
Moto G 2015
Google Pixel XL
LineageOS.png
LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11 (R), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

Base source code is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to the project, please visit our Gerrit Code Review.

GPL compliance:
yG18r6g.png

Working:
  • Camera (and flashlight)
  • Encryption
  • WiFi
  • Battery LED
  • Bluetooth
  • Telephony (Calls and Data)
  • Audio (Record and Playback)
  • Video Playback
  • Sensors
  • GPS
  • VoLTE

Bugs:
  • Very slow boot (5-10 minutes)
  • Ui is laggy
  • Nothing (?)

Downloads:

Notice:
  • No custom kernels are supported in this thread. Only stock kernel and official builds will be supported. No bug reports if that's not the case.

Installation:
  • Reboot to recovery
  • Format /system, /data and /cache
  • Install LineageOS zip package
  • Install [optional] a Google Apps package of your choice (Open GApps is advisable, but stock and super variants are not recommended!!!)

Important notes:
  • * Required * firmware version must be based on Marshmallow
  • GApps can only be flashed on clean installs.
  • Formatting data (all user data is wiped, including internal storage) is a must if Stockrom was previously installed and device was encrypted.

Credits & collaborations:
All LineageOS team would like to thank everyone involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging & documenting! Enjoy!​

Device wiki:

DONATIONS : Paypal

Contributors
althafvly, Chil360, squid2, jeferson1979
Source Code: https://github.com/MOTO-M8916

Last edited:

pjc123

Feb 7, 2013
www.flaminghellmet.com
I haven't used this phone since LineageOS 7.1 because I didn't want to run it with very old security updates, so thanks for building this. I always use my previous phone as a backup,. I did a fresh install and it went flawlessly and it runs great with all my apps. I really like that I could restore the apps from my newer Moto G6 to this phone with my Google Drive backup. For the previous poster, I used the Gapps mentioned by the author.

Last edited:

alex-grey

Jan 12, 2015
I would like it to become official and to be able to opt for that rom, since the battery consumption is very high

Ska2

May 10, 2020
I recently saw that LineageOS 18.1 is out for nearly 60 devices, can't wait for the release of the official build in LineageOS website for Osprey. Is there any known release date ?

DarkSJ1998

I would like it to become official and to be able to opt for that rom, since the battery consumption is very high
If you find battery consumption on the latest unofficial build is high, chances are, it will still be high if this build becomes official at the moment. ;) AFAIK, there are some things that need to be checked in order for a build to be certified as "Official".
I recently saw that LineageOS 18.1 is out for nearly 60 devices, can't wait for the release of the official build in LineageOS website for Osprey. Is there any known release date ?
Hey, since the device is really old & we don't see even that the LOS17.1 builds aren't rock solid, I wouldn't hope for 18.1 builds any time before 3-4 months. Also, I've seen people reporting the official 18.1 build are also having some issues for some device... And, as I mentioned above, there are some check boxes that need to be checked in order to gain the "Official" build tag. Hope you'll understand. :)

KairiTech

Sep 26, 2015
Thanks. Great work.

Installed over previous build with 20201108 OpenGapps 11 without factory reset and booted on the first try in no time. Didn't like my Mirco SD though but nothing that couldn't be fixed with a backup, reformat and restore. Is there a newer build of OpenGapps 11 available?

Also, can't seem to add any widgets to the home screen.

KairiTech

Sep 26, 2015
Most things seem to work but I can't seem to get the option to add widgets to the home screen with the long press anymore.

Ska2

May 10, 2020
I'm using the official LineageOS 17.1 as a daily driver, so shall i upgrade to 18.1 or it still has bugs ?

desenvolvido

Aug 7, 2010
Is there a specific version of recovery needed to install this, or would latest LOS 17.1 recovery work?
Also, is there a site with all old LOS 17.1 recoveries? LOS site only has links to the latest 4.

ctcx

Jan 16, 2013
Just tested the ROM.
Yes, regarding the booting, first boot after installation took 7.5 minutes... Although subsequent boots take around one minute.

But I stumbled with serious sound problems, which I'd like to ask about here. But first, background:

XT1543 variant.
Began with ancient CyamogenMod 12 (Android 5.1.1), so I had to first find a 6.0.1 stock ROM.
Found it, entered Lineage Recovery -latest version-, formatted all /system, /data and /cache, installed stock ROM, booted it at least once.
Back to recovery, formatted again /system, /data and /cache, and tried installing first LOS 17.1, which is EOL, but latest LOS one which was official. Then installed Gaps pico.
Booted, all good apparently... except no sound.
Digging a bit more, I realized it's the speaker, or loudspeaker, the one not working at all.
Callings do work normally, sound and mic work, but all other multimedia sound don't: Youtube, ringtones, sound files...
However, they do work only when plugging 3.5 mm jack headphones/headsets. Sound is heard through them indeed. But only with them. Unplugging... no sound again.

So then I tried this 18.1 ROM. No dice: exact same problem.

@althafvly :
Can you, or someone else, help with this big issue?
Thanks.

gscscnd

Feb 26, 2016
[…] tried installing first LOS 17.1 […] Booted, all good apparently... except no sound.
Digging a bit more, I realized it's the speaker, or loudspeaker, the one not working at all.
Callings do work normally, sound and mic work, but all other multimedia sound don't: Youtube, ringtones, sound files...

Did it work correctly on CyanogenMod or the stock ROM? Moto G3 has some mechanical issues that may cause things like speaker (though this does not affect all sounds) or camera to not work, perhaps in your case it is not a software problem?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    LineageOS.png
    LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11 (R), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

Base source code is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to the project, please visit our Gerrit Code Review.

GPL compliance:
    yG18r6g.png

Working:
    • Camera (and flashlight)
    • Encryption
    • WiFi
    • Battery LED
    • Bluetooth
    • Telephony (Calls and Data)
    • Audio (Record and Playback)
    • Video Playback
    • Sensors
    • GPS
    • VoLTE

Bugs:
    • Very slow boot (5-10 minutes)
    • Ui is laggy
    • Nothing (?)

Downloads:

Notice:
    • No custom kernels are supported in this thread. Only stock kernel and official builds will be supported. No bug reports if that's not the case.

Installation:
    • Reboot to recovery
    • Format /system, /data and /cache
    • Install LineageOS zip package
    • Install [optional] a Google Apps package of your choice (Open GApps is advisable, but stock and super variants are not recommended!!!)

Important notes:
    • * Required * firmware version must be based on Marshmallow
    • GApps can only be flashed on clean installs.
    • Formatting data (all user data is wiped, including internal storage) is a must if Stockrom was previously installed and device was encrypted.

Credits & collaborations:
    All LineageOS team would like to thank everyone involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging & documenting! Enjoy!​

Device wiki:

DONATIONS : Paypal

Contributors
    althafvly, Chil360, squid2, jeferson1979
    Source Code: https://github.com/MOTO-M8916
    Amazing... Android 11 for a 2015 device that launched with Android 5.1.1 Lollipop. You gotta love XDA and the committed developers like @althafvly who keep development alive for the Osprey/Merlin. Thanks OP for your continued hard work.
    Any news about official lineage 18.1?
    New build is up (check OP for download link)