• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][UNOFFICIAL] LineageOS 18.1

Search This thread

Englezos

Mar 30, 2014
www.penglezos.com
1200px-Lineage_OS_Logo.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review.

Information:
  • This is an OSS non-dimlayer vendor built rom.
  • Based on the latest Android Security Patch
  • Latest LineageOS changes according to the ROM date release
  • Stability and performance improvements
  • Safetynet passes out of box
  • You can flash custom kernels but no support will be provided
  • Recovery and Widevine L1 persists if patched via MIUI.

Known issues:
  • None. You found one? Please report it here by providing a description with a log or a video if necessary.

Installation Instructions :

Assuming you have an unlocked bootloader, a recovery installed and the ROM zip:
  • Go to recovery (Official TWRP is recommended)
  • Wipe Data/Cache/System/Vendor
  • It is recommended to flash latest Android 11 firmware (not vendor) according to your region
  • Flash the ROM
  • Flash your favourite gapps (optional step)
  • Flash DFE (optional step if you are not encrypted)
  • Reboot
NOTE: I always recommend following these steps. Also there's no need to flash any kind of MIUI Vendor.

Downloads and Changelog: lineage-18.1-20210821

Source Code: https://github.com/penglezos/kernel_xiaomi_raphael

Last edited:

camp70

Feb 9, 2012
Wow, thanks, a must try. Are u going to keep maintenance? Is call recording and miracast working?

Edit: miracast works, call recording not

Last edited:

z1022

Feb 2, 2012
Hong Kong
Is it Vanilla build ? I would like to install Vanilla build.

I never is OSS vendor built. If future upgrade from this ROM, can I dirty flash ? I use encryption.

Thanks

Last edited:

birdr

Aug 29, 2012
Hi Englezos - great effort, I'm using this now. One issue - I can't answer normal phone calls. When someone calls the phone rings, but there is nothing showing that allows it to be answered?
Clean install following your instructions.
Any suggestions?

Englezos

Mar 30, 2014
www.penglezos.com
Need to change data to f2fs!? And out of curiosity, which kernel is used?
No theres no need to change data. It's Englezos kernel.
Wow, thanks, a must try. Are u going to keep maintenance? Is call recording and miracast working?

I don't like these kind of questions to be honest. But for the record I've been releasing my personal builds on my github profile since Jun 7, 2020. I will check what I can do for call recording even though I don't use it.

I never is OSS vendor built. If future upgrade from this ROM, can I dirty flash ? I use encryption.

Thanks
No gapps included. I don't really recommend dirty flashing but its up to you.

Yes. This was the problem. The default app is becomes not set in the clean install + Nik gapps core. Thanks.
Nice to hear that you solved your problem.

How is this different from the other "unofficial" lineageos 18.1 Rom?
Feature wise it's the same goold old LineageOS ROM. I don't like bloat I enjoy simplicity and stability. Code wise its completely different since its OSS. Try and let us know.

camp70

Feb 9, 2012
I don't like these kind of questions to be honest. But for the record I've been releasing my personal builds on my github profile since Jun 7, 2020. I will check what I can do for call recording even though I don't use it.

Excuse me. I didn't want to bother you, just notice that some devs share experimental builds and then stop. Thanks for check call rec, I know that Octavi Os have it working, I hope it helps.

maxtouf

Jul 28, 2020
Hello, I can't install the rom, I have the lineageos logo that appears and after 30 seconds it comes back to TWRP. I did Wipe Data/Cache/System/Vendor

Thx

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi community
    I've never used LineageOS, but was reading about it for years. I always read how clean it is, how smooth it's working and so on. Would be nice to try it, but also would be nice before to know is there any cons in this OS (ROM)?
    Maybe battery life is not that good as in stock?
    Maybe camera not that good as stock 48MP (GCam provide just 12MP sharp images, for 48MP sharp photo need to use stock)?
    Maybe there are some safety issues?
    ect.

Please, can you share your experience about cons of LineageOS on Mi 9T Pro?
    Thank you
    I've used CyanogenMod and LOS in the past. In my experience it was always more stable than other ROMs, especially regarding updates. I think the developer is doing a great job but you have to keep in mind that this ROM (as all the others) is not official. So you have no OTA updates for example. For the last update it was mandatory to do a wipe which always bugs me a little.
    When it runs the ROM is very stable for me. Sometimes there are animation errors. I don't know what causes them.

One downside is the camera. LOS has a build in one but it can only use the main camera. The GCam mods worked for my but they do not correct the heavy distortion of the ultra wide angle lens and produce color banding in certain situations like an overcast sky.
    ANXCamera worked good with the Android 10 firmware and older ROM versions but now it always crashes when I try to enable the UWA camera or portrait mode.
    I don't use the 48MP mode.

Battery life with the new version is in my opinion worse than with the 20210713 one. I only get about 24 hours. I've AOD enabled.
    Also, I experienced that the phone got relatively warm in some situations.

I can not say much about security. As far as I know LOS is open source which is a good thing. Encryption works for me.

As a side note:
    I really appreciate the work of the developers here. Nevertheless, I often regret that I didn't buy a phone which is officially supported by LOS or has a stock ROM that I like and that I can root. I miss the OTA Updates without all the issues. I new in advance that I would probably not like MIUI but since the 9t Pro was so popular I always thought that it will definitely get official LOS support.
    This was a expensive reminder for me that hardware specs are maybe not the most important thing of a smartphone.
    What firmware I need to use with this ROM?
    Latest android 11 recommended in op post, but latest 10 advised in posts with updates.
    Latest build needs a11 firmware.
    Would you be willing to make a MicroG-build?

MicroG is very valuable for degoogle purposes, but it is increasingly difficult to set up all the relevant parts (GMS/GCM/Nlp/Geo Lookup/Reverse Geo/Fake store/Signature Spoofing/F-Droid privileged extension) properly, so MicroG automates this for official LineageOS builds using this docker image.
    I have tried to create a working Dockerfile for building Raphael already for so many times. Builds are successful but don't boot. Maybe OP can contribute to this so we can also build on our own when OP has no time anymore. Abishek ignores this.

Hi,

where can I find "It is recommended to flash latest Android 11 firmware (not vendor) according to your region"? I was only able to find "RAPHAELGlobal-V12.0.2.0.QFKMIXM-10.0-vendor-firmware" but that is a vendor firmware, not an Android 11 firmware. Can somebody please help me find it? (using Mi 9T Pro Global version (raphael)).

Thanks!
    Here you go.
    Thank you very much for your quick reply! It works! :)
    1200px-Lineage_OS_Logo.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review.

Information:
    • This is an OSS non-dimlayer vendor built rom.
    • Based on the latest Android Security Patch
    • Latest LineageOS changes according to the ROM date release
    • Stability and performance improvements
    • Safetynet passes out of box
    • You can flash custom kernels but no support will be provided
    • Recovery and Widevine L1 persists if patched via MIUI.

Known issues:
    • None. You found one? Please report it here by providing a description with a log or a video if necessary.

Installation Instructions :

Assuming you have an unlocked bootloader, a recovery installed and the ROM zip:
    • Go to recovery (Official TWRP is recommended)
    • Wipe Data/Cache/System/Vendor
    • It is recommended to flash latest Android 11 firmware (not vendor) according to your region
    • Flash the ROM
    • Flash your favourite gapps (optional step)
    • Flash DFE (optional step if you are not encrypted)
    • Reboot
    NOTE: I always recommend following these steps. Also there's no need to flash any kind of MIUI Vendor.

Downloads and Changelog: lineage-18.1-20210821

Source Code: https://github.com/penglezos/kernel_xiaomi_raphael
    New release is up!

Changelog:
    - Latest LineageOS changes
    - Latest Linux Kernel stable and QCOM changes
    - Update vendor security patch
    - Battery life improvements
    - Drop power key boost and reduce input boost duration
    - Remove headphone keylayout file (wired headphones button function should work fine)
    - Other small code improvements

It is advised to flash latest Android 10 firmware before flashing this ROM according to your region. Clean flash is always recommended.

Thanks to everyone for reporting an issue properly by providing logs.
    New release is up!

Changelog:
    - Based on July security patch
    - Latest Linux Kernel stable changes
    - Update graphics blobs to LA.UM.9.1.r1-09600-SMxxx0.0
    - Update blobs from MIUI V12.5.1.0.RFKMIXM
    - Fixed pop up led stuck on some cases
    - Fixed micro stutters on some user cases
    - Fixed an issue where some apps shutdown the phone
    - FOD Unlock improvements
    - Other small code improvements

It is advised to flash latest Android 10 firmware before flashing this ROM according to your region. Clean flash is always recommended.

Thanks to everyone for reporting an issue properly by providing logs.
    New release is up! Make sure you clean flash and follow the installation instructions from the first post!

Changelog:
    - Rebased on a new more stable tree (Clean flash is a MUST)
    - Latest MIUI vendor changes
    - Better audio quality
    - Fixed abnormal phone heat due to Android 11 firmware
    - Fixed offline charging (charge while your phone is powered off no longer reboots)
    - Fixed call recording on dialers
    - Synced color modes with coral
    - Many more small improvements

Notes:
    - OSS Non-dimlayer ROM
    - You can flash custom kernels but no support will be provided
    - Recovery and Widevine L1 persists if patched via MIUI.
    Need to change data to f2fs!? And out of curiosity, which kernel is used?
    No theres no need to change data. It's Englezos kernel.

Thanks
    No gapps included. I don't really recommend dirty flashing but its up to you.

Yes. This was the problem. The default app is becomes not set in the clean install + Nik gapps core. Thanks.
    Nice to hear that you solved your problem.

How is this different from the other "unofficial" lineageos 18.1 Rom?
    Feature wise it's the same goold old LineageOS ROM. I don't like bloat I enjoy simplicity and stability. Code wise its completely different since its OSS. Try and let us know.