I am having the same slowdowns in animations but they are easily fixed by a restart. Not sure what is the problem.I don't experience these issues. The volume is pretty loud. I think I also have the newest firmware and didn't do something special besides flashing the rom with the NikGApps.
Here are my findings after 2 days of use:
Otherwise I had no problems until now.
- Battery life is like EvolutionX (where I come from). Roughly 2 days max. with >6 hours display on time.
- Rom is very stable. No crashes here.
- Fingerprint reader works ok. I was surprised of the newest EvolutionX version. I thought it was really quick. Nevertheless it works most of the time and is not something I would complain about.
- Opening the app drawer and swiping though homescreens sometimes still stutters. It also feels like the maximum speed at which I can swipe the homescreens seems limited. That feels a little bit unresponsive.
When the app drawer is open it scrolls blazingly fast.
- The only real complaint I have concerns the Bluetooth. When the screen is locked the connection between my watch and the smartphones drops occasionally and it doesn't connect again until a wake the phone. That's annoying because I use my watch get message notifications.
It also does not connect automatically after returning from a run where my watch is out of Bluetooth reach. For me it seems like there is a power saving option for Bluetooth enabled but I can't find anything in the settings to turn it off.
I didn't experience this issue with the stock MIUI, LOS 17 and EvolutionX.
I also found the ROM really stable. Hoping we can have frequent updates.