A special thanks to @EmanuelCN for work hardly on Device Tree, Kernel and Recovery, without it this Rom wouldn't be possible.
LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.
LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.
All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS GitHub repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit Gerrit Code Review.
• Android OS version: 12.1
• Android Release: android-12.1.0_r7
• Build Release date: 2022-06-17
• Security patch: June 5, 2022
• Build author/Device Maintainer: @DanCS1995
• Kernel version/Author: Linux 4.9.235-N0kernel+ by @EmanuelCN
• Device: LG G7 ThinQ
• Device codename: Judyln
fix-fastboot.zip (You'll may need this)
Does this Rom come with GAPPS?
No, it doesn't. It means you'll not have "Google Play Store" app or any other Google related service or application in it.
If i wanna use it, wich one should i use?
Make sure to flash the right one that matches to your current Android version, AVOID Stock packages, and the ones that contains "Pixel Launcher" in it, it seams conflicts with Lineage Stock Launcher, and it will give you black screen.
For sure the better one seams to be the one that Lineage recomends you, that you can find it right here in Google Apps | LineageOS Wiki
• Fixed battery LED not ON while charging
• Resynced LineageOS Source
• VoLTE (Will never work on custom roms on LG phones)
• 10 bit video recording (Watching content in 10 bit works, you just cant record video in 10 bit format).
• You tell me!
QUICK FASTBOOT-DRIVER GUIDE INSTALLATION:
How to install:
1. Extract the fastboot-driver.zip.
2. Open device manager
3. Click right on " Android " it should have a yellow warning icon, press on update driver
4. Select browse my computer then press on let me pick from a list of available drivers
5. Press on Have disk and then go to where you have extracted the zip file and select android_winusb.inf
IF YOU FACE SOME FASTBOOT ISSUES DOWNLOAD FIX-FASTBOOT ZIP :
Instructions: Copy it in main directory (usually in C: drive) and run it as administrator, problem solved.
If you have acces to fastboot, download fastboot-driver.zip and fastboot-tools.zip for the tools necessary to boot ofox.
Open the CMD and use the following command to boot ofox:
fastboot boot ofox-metadata.img
If you don't have access to fastboot, enter in 9008 mode, open qfil and load ofox image on boot_a and boot_b then force reboot (hold volume - and power button for 10s), after it reboots it will get you automatly in ofox.
DISCLAIMER FLASHING OFOX IN QFIL WILL LEAD IN YOUR ROM NOT BOOTING AS LG G7 IS AN A/B DEVICE WHICH MEANS IT DOESN'T HAVE A RECOVERY PARTITION, BOOT IMAGE IS MANDATORY FOR YOUR PHONE TO BOOT, FLASHING OFOX USING QFIL ITS ONLY FOR YOU TO BE ABLE TO FLASH A CUSTOM ROM AS IT OVERWRITES THE BOOT IMAGE WITH THE CERTAIN ROM'S ONE.
NOTE: It is STRONGLY recommended to fully wipe your device before flashing and please avoid restoring system apps and system data with Titanium Backup (or with any backup/restore app) as this can cause stability issues that are very hard to debug, restoring regular apps is fine.
If you believe you know what you're doing - then fine, go ahead, but please don't complain if you experience any strange behavior.
"ROM Firmware Required: Must be on 30F EM, 30D EMW/EAW/AWM, 30D EMW for N model"
CLEAN FLASH : (If on A11/A12/A12L based rom other than Lineage 19.1)
1. Boot in OFOX metadata;
2. Format Data (Press on the recycle bin icon —-> format data ——> type yes);
3. FROM HERE YOU CAN CHOOSE BETWEEN 2 METHODS TO FLASH:
3.1. USING ADB SIDELOAD:
3.1.1. Press on "back" and flash the rom using adb sideload (Go to 3 lines in the bottom right corner, choose "ADB Sideload", Then "Swipe-->", open the cmd from adb tools folder in computer, then type "adb sideload", hit "Enter", then < drag and drop the zip over the cmd>);
3.1.2. Flash ofox zip the same way through adb sideload, it will automatically reboot to ofox after flashing is done;
3.1.3. Flash gapps; (Only if the rom does not contain gapps);
3.1.4. Flash magisk (Optional);
3.2. OR IF YOU HAVE A MICROSD CARD, YOU CAN FOLLOW THIS:
3.2.1. Move the rom and ofox, and gapps(if you will use) zip file into your microsdcard;
3.2.2. Press on "/sdcard" area and choose "Micro SDCard", navigate straight into your rom zip file, then press on it, then "swipe ---->", it will start flashing it;
3.2.3. After flash the rom, locate your ofox zip file and flash it as you did with the rom;
3.2.4. Flash gapps; (If you want);
3.2.5. Flash Magisk (Optional);
4. Change filesystem to f2fs (Go to 3 lines in bottom right corner ----> manage partitions ----> select data -----> change fs ------> f2fs);
DIRTY FLASH/UPGRADE ROM : (If you are already on Lineage 19.1)
• Boot in OFOX metadata;
• Flash the rom zip;
• Flash ofox zip, it will automatically reboot the phone to ofox after the flashing is done;
• Flash gapps (ONLY IF THE ROM IS WITH GAPPS ALREADY, MAKE SURE TO FLASH THE SAME ONE);
• Flash magisk (Optional);
Sources and Documentation
• ROM Source Code
• Kernel Source
Last Updated 2022-06-17