[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][LineageOS][19.1][dragon] -> 2022-06-15

Search This thread

jamesthedisciple

Jul 31, 2012
Brisbane
Hoping someone can help:
Installed latest twrp and LOS 19.1 all went well, cool and smooth.
Closed cover. opened cover and blank screen.
Will (adb) reboot to OS, to recovery and to fastboot but no screen, no logo, no usual "warning". I've backed up. wiped and flashed (sideloaded) LOS 18.1, boots but still no screen.
Update: the screen works but no light! (I can see a shadow of the lineago startup screen
Are there ways to check/adjust screen brightness from adb?
Any ideas to get screen light working? or is it stuffed

Last edited:

tabormeister

Hoping someone can help:
Installed latest twrp and LOS 19.1 all went well, cool and smooth.
Closed cover. opened cover and blank screen.
Will (adb) reboot to OS, to recovery and to fastboot but no screen, no logo, no usual "warning". I've backed up. wiped and flashed (sideloaded) LOS 18.1, boots but still no screen.
Update: the screen works but no light! (I can see a shadow of the lineago startup screen
Are there ways to check/adjust screen brightness from adb?
Any ideas to get screen light working? or is it stuffed
Mine just did this, scroll up a bit :/ I ended up buying another. I feel like it's a hall sensor that's stuck or something, every once in a while with the right reboot combo it would come back to life but got steadily worse

jamesthedisciple

Jul 31, 2012
Brisbane
Mine just did this, scroll up a bit :/ I ended up buying another. I feel like it's a hall sensor that's stuck or something, every once in a while with the right reboot combo it would come back to life but got steadily worse
Thanks. Most annoying. A trick I've just discovered (whether it will contine to work is another thing!) is that if I put the screen cover behind the unit, the screen light comes on. Almost as if the hall-effect switch is switched on when the magnet is reversed?

tabormeister

Thanks. Most annoying. A trick I've just discovered (whether it will contine to work is another thing!) is that if I put the screen cover behind the unit, the screen light comes on. Almost as if the hall-effect switch is switched on when the magnet is reversed?
WHOA I'll try this!! Which cover, folio or aluminum kb? What orientation?

jamesthedisciple

Jul 31, 2012
Brisbane
Huh. I have both first party accessories but not this one. Might be worth trying just to see if it revives the old one I have haha. Is that the exact one you have?
I believe it is, I bought mine many years ago. I also did a clean install of 18.1 boot, followed "start up" connected to wifi, then dirty flash of 19.1. Boot, flipped cover to behind and viola. It might work by placing a magnet on the back of the unit just to see if it is the hall effect switch?
Update: Started having the light not work again. A "fix" was to close the cover, press power button once and open, light on. Had to do it a couple of times to make sure. That seems to be the work around.
Have fun :)

Last edited:

CyberSpuds

Feb 1, 2008
lineage-19.1 - June 2022

Due to the upcoming holiday season the July build will be delayed or skipped ..

lineage-19.1-20220615-UNOFFICIAL-dragon.zip

Changes:
- Google security updates -> June 2022
- Patched system/netd to bring back Network traffic monitoring on older kernels.
- Patched frameworks/base & Permissions to support microG
- Latest LineageOS changes

As SDK level increased to version 32 we have to use new gapps for Android 12L.
Pls check latest gapps builds here ..
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1O-I01LDvno57ztnxIW_bSnVWEk8-6Ics
Thanks to @ipdev for the opengapps packages !

Tested with Magisk 25.0 !

Enjoy Android 12L (y)
Thanks for your efforts on this! Dumb noob question: after the install, do I just live with the message at bootup: "Bootloader Unlocked / OS Verification Off / Device will continue booting in 30 seconds" or is there a way to bypass that message or relock the bootloader? I did some searches on XDA and found a few custom mods to lock the bootloader (on different devices) but it looks pretty complicated. Just want to make sure I'm not missing some obvious thing, like "fastboot oem lock"! ;)
Thanks again!

EnginEAR

Mar 19, 2008
Tel Aviv
Thanks for your efforts on this! Dumb noob question: after the install, do I just live with the message at bootup: "Bootloader Unlocked / OS Verification Off / Device will continue booting in 30 seconds" or is there a way to bypass that message or relock the bootloader? I did some searches on XDA and found a few custom mods to lock the bootloader (on different devices) but it looks pretty complicated. Just want to make sure I'm not missing some obvious thing, like "fastboot oem lock"! ;)
Thanks again!
Yes :-( I've been just living with it for a while and wasn't able to find a way not to (without dying, of course) :)

Reactions: ipdev
Thank you for this ROM. Nice to enjoy 12 on our now old devices. Followed the procedure to flash, all went well.

After a few weeks of use, my device becomes unresponsive when it wakes from sleep.it takes a good 5 to 10 minutes t become usable. Anybody else has this issue? or maybe my device has some hardware issues?

Thanks again for this ROM.
lineage-19.1 - June 2022

Due to the upcoming holiday season the July build will be delayed or skipped ..

Changes:
- Google security updates -> June 2022
- Patched system/netd to bring back Network traffic monitoring on older kernels.
- Patched frameworks/base & Permissions to support microG
- Latest LineageOS changes

As SDK level increased to version 32 we have to use new gapps for Android 12L.
Pls check latest gapps builds here ..
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1O-I01LDvno57ztnxIW_bSnVWEk8-6Ics
Thanks to @ipdev for the opengapps packages !

Tested with Magisk 25.0 !

Enjoy Android 12L (y)
Thank you for this ROM. Nice to enjoy 12 on our now old devices. Followed the procedure to flash, all went well.

After a few weeks of use, my device becomes unresponsive when it wakes from sleep.it takes a good 5 to 10 minutes t become usable. Anybody else has this issue? or maybe my device has some hardware issues?

Blackmoth311

Feb 1, 2011

i have the same issue.

Reactions: julz24

lx1905

Nov 15, 2009
I flashed the latest 19.1 system, connected to the computer after booting it up, and there was no response when I selected file transfer, so I couldn't connect to the computer. What happened? This is the case after re-flashing the system several times. How to solve it, I have to flash back to the official system. Have the same problem?

I flashed the latest 19.1 system, connected to the computer after booting it up, and there was no response when I selected file transfer, so I couldn't connect to the computer. What happened? This is the case after re-flashing the system several times. How to solve it, I have to flash back to the official system. Have the same problem?
I had similar issue after flashing an older version and was never ever to get it recognized. Was not eve able to flash magisk so i'm stuck on stock LOS. One day when I have the time, my hope is to upgrade it and get it communicating with the PC again.

tabormeister

I believe it is, I bought mine many years ago. I also did a clean install of 18.1 boot, followed "start up" connected to wifi, then dirty flash of 19.1. Boot, flipped cover to behind and viola. It might work by placing a magnet on the back of the unit just to see if it is the hall effect switch?
Update: Started having the light not work again. A "fix" was to close the cover, press power button once and open, light on. Had to do it a couple of times to make sure. That seems to be the work around.
Update: Didn't fix my original issue, but I like the case! Keeping it for simplicity.

Reactions: ipdev

ipdev

Recognized Contributor
Feb 14, 2016
Google Nexus 10
Nexus 7 (2013)
I had similar issue after flashing an older version and was never ever to get it recognized. Was not eve able to flash magisk so i'm stuck on stock LOS. One day when I have the time, my hope is to upgrade it and get it communicating with the PC again.
If I am reading your posts correctly.

You are having issues with MTP (Media Transfer Protocol) when booted into system?
- What OS (Windows, MacOS, Linux)?

If you are referring to adb/fastboot, what release of platform-tools are you using?
- The newer versions seem to have some issues with (the chromeOS parts of) dragon.

Note:
Platform-Tools r27.0.1 (December 2017) seemed to be the safest to use at the moment.
You can download an older release of platform-tools by adjusting the official download link to the release you want.

Cheers. :cowboy:

Reactions: ivanperezcaro

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

i have the same issue.
    Update: Didn't fix my original issue, but I like the case! Keeping it for simplicity.
    If I am reading your posts correctly.

You are having issues with MTP (Media Transfer Protocol) when booted into system?
    - What OS (Windows, MacOS, Linux)?

If you are referring to adb/fastboot, what release of platform-tools are you using?
    - The newer versions seem to have some issues with (the chromeOS parts of) dragon.

Note:
    Platform-Tools r27.0.1 (December 2017) seemed to be the safest to use at the moment.
    You can download an older release of platform-tools by adjusting the official download link to the release you want.

Cheers. :cowboy:

EmPczMv.png

LineageOS 19.1

Android 12

Known issues:
    - Camera is not working yet.
    - SELinux is permissive.
    - Our "old" Nivida codecs do have problems to play videos in Chrome-based browsers.
    (Rename or remove /vendor/lib/libnvomx.so and reboot system to switch to
    software video codecs.)
    - Chrome browser starts slowly.
    - As it looks like Widevine L1 has been revoked by end of August 2020.
    - Maybe more issues ..

Installation:
    1. Boot into TWRP
    2. Wipe SYSTEM and DATA partitions !
    3. Install ROM.zip
    4. install gapps (arm64)
    5. install Magisk.zip (25.0)
    6. Wipe CACHE and DAVLIK
    7. Reboot into system

Enjoy 12 :p

Android 11

lineage-18.1-20220216-UNOFFICIAL-dragon.zip -> DISCONTINUED

Known issues:

- SELinux is permissive.
    - Our "old" Nivida codecs do have problems to play videos in Chrome-based browsers.
    software video codecs.)
    - Chrome browser starts slowly.
    - Camera/Video may stops working after some time in use.

Fresh Installation / Upgrade from any other ROM:
    1. Boot into TWRP
    2. Wipe SYSTEM and DATA partitions ! (If you are encrypted, pls format DATA partition !)
    3. Install ROM.zip
    4. install gapps (arm64)
    5. install Magisk.zip (21.x)
    6. Wipe CACHE and DAVLIK
    7. Reboot into system

Upgrade from previous lineage-18.x builds:
    1. Boot into TWRP
    2. Install ROM.zip
    3. Re-Install Magisk 21.x
    4. Wipe CACHE and DAVLIK
    5. Reboot into system

Enjoy 11 :p

Android 10

lineage-17.1-20201211-UNOFFICIAL-dragon.zip -> DISCONTINUED

Known issues:

- SELinux is permissive.
    software video codecs.)
    - Camera/Video may stops working after some time in use.

system-as-root (SAR)
    For gapps installation issues and more information ..
    Pls read first .. https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=80693701&postcount=1350

Fresh Installation / Upgrade from any other ROM:
    1. Boot into TWRP
    2. Wipe SYSTEM and DATA partitions ! (If you are encrypted, pls format DATA partition !)
    3. Install ROM.zip
    4. install gapps (arm64)
    5. install Magisk.zip (20.x+)
    6. Wipe CACHE and DAVLIK
    7. Reboot into system

Upgrade from previous lineage-17.1 builds:
    1. Boot into TWRP
    2. Install ROM.zip
    3. Wipe CACHE and DAVLIK
    4. Reboot into system

- The ROM does contain it's own vendor.img ! (If you go back to Oreo, pls reinstall stock vendor.img)

Enjoy TEN :p

Android Pie

lineage-16.0-20191017-UNOFFICIAL-dragon.zip -> DISCONTINUED

Known issues:

- Encryption seems not to work - and has not been tested. -> Pls do not encrypt your data partition yet !
    - Keymaster -> If you set Pattern, PIN or Password the Screen unlock may not work correctly.
    Workaround for Pattern: On fresh boot you will need to wait a bit longer before you enter credentials.
    The waiting time is required on fresh boot only, the following unlocks are working normally.
    In case of problems pls use Update.ZIP_TWRP_flashable_pattern_pin_remover_V2.zip to remove pattern/pin or password.

Installation:
    1. Boot into TWRP (latest available version)
    2. Wipe system, cache, dalvik and data partitions ! ( If you have encrypted /data partition - pls "format" /data via TWRP first ! )
    3. Install lineage-16.0-201Yxxyy-UNOFFICIAL-dragon.zip
    4. Install Opengapps
    5. install Magisk.zip (tested with 18.x)
    6. Reboot into system ..

- The ROM does contain it's own vendor.img ! (If you go back to Oreo, pls reinstall stock vendor.img)

And big thanks to @NYCHitman1 (Dirty Unicorn) !
    Without his work the Android Pie project would not have been possible !

I have uploaded the last official Lineage Oreo build to androidfilehost.com ..
    lineage-15.1-20200221-nightly-dragon-signed.zip - -> DISCONTINUED

SOURCES:

https://github.com/followmsi/manifests/tree/dragon-lineage-18.1

DOWNLOADS:
    https://drive.google.com/drive/fold...oaU1iazg?resourcekey=0-4krcBcSF3tnMFvgcP4kMvw
    https://androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=289293

Enjoy LineageOS on your Pixel C .. :)
    Android 10 - July 2020

lineage-17.1-20200707-UNOFFICIAL-dragon.zip

Changes:
    - Google security updates -> July 2020 (android-10.0.0_r40)
    - Patched framework/av to bring back "wifi-display" in android 10.
    - Patched framework/base to support microG
    - Latest LineageOS changes for Android 10

The ROM does contain it's own vendor.img !

Enjoy the summer :p
    Android 10 - August 2020

lineage-17.1-20200804-UNOFFICIAL-dragon.zip

Changes:
    - Google security updates -> August 2020 (android-10.0.0_r41)
    - Patched framework/av to bring back "wifi-display" in android 10.
    - Patched framework/base to support microG
    - Latest LineageOS changes for Android 10

Enjoy the summer :p
    Android 10 - November 2019

Still no go for Camera .. will take longer.
    Tested with opengapps beta (11/05) and Magisk 20.1 ..

lineage-17.0-20191107-UNOFFICIAL-dragon.zip

Changes:
    - Google security updates -> November 2019 (10.0.0_r11)
    - Latest LineageOS changes for Android 10 -> still a lot of lineage stuff is missing.

system-as-root (SAR)
    For gapps installation issues and more information ..
    Pls read first .. https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=80693701&postcount=1350

Enjoy :p
    Android 10

Vukan API is fixed now .. had to take prebuilt libs from Nivida shield firmware. :)
    Lineage has shipped trebuchet launcher .. and some more (minor) changes.

lineage-17.0-20191025-UNOFFICIAL-dragon.zip

Changes:
    - Fixed Vulkan API
    - Added new health HAL and more changes .. thanks to @NYCHitman1
    - Latest LineageOS changes for Android 10 -> still a lot of lineage stuff is missing.

Enjoy :p