Search This thread

rootfan

Jul 20, 2011
EmPczMv.png
LineageOS 19.1

lineage-19.1-20220919-UNOFFICIAL-shamu.zip
lineage-19.1-20220715-UNOFFICIAL-shamu.zip
MigrationBuild.zip

Installation note: For the July update I've switched from signing with public keys to private keys to improve security. If you're upgrading from the May or June update to the July update or newer then you should first install the migration build, reboot and let LineageOS boot up, and then install the new version.

What works:
- Almost everything, including VoLTE

Known issues:

Device tree and kernel sources can be found on my github: https://github.com/rootfan

Thanks to:
- LineageOS team
- Elektroschmock, npjohnson, and anyone else who has worked on shamu in the past
- followmsi for the work on flo / deb. It was very helpful.
- abhishekt295 and wavedashdoc for getting IMS to work on android 10
- rINanDO for the netd reverts

Standard disclaimer: You're responsible for what you do to your devices, so don't blame anyone else if something goes wrong.

Enjoy android 12 on the Nexus 6 :)

Last edited:

pinakini

Jul 14, 2014
Thanks for this major update. What G-apps do you recommend? if possible a link please.

Shefczenko

Mar 15, 2012
Brandýs nad Labem
Hi! Thank you for you hard work for our shamu!
Noice

1. Bluetooth works fine.
2. Flashed with orangefox and works fine.

Only bug is flashing graphics/vsync as far as I can tell and if you lower res to 720p it's actually very swift for a 8yo phone with its 7th android update. 🤣

As I don't use shamu as daily I cannot tell if ril stuff is functional.

nhatminh87

Dec 31, 2007
Wow it's amazing for shamu, android 12 is so smooth, hope you will realease new built or official built, thank so much

dahawthorne

Nov 15, 2014
Brighton
Great to see my old N6 running A12.
At the moment the only thing I can't get to work is double-tap-to-wake, despite it being enabled in Settings and in the kernel via Franco Kernel Manager. Does it work for anyone or am I maybe just missing something?
(Edit: I think it may have been the "Lift to check phone" option. I've turned it off and now DT2W seems to work.)
Credit and thanks to @rootfan.

Last edited:

spiral777

Oct 21, 2011
Chicago
Nexus 6
Google Pixel

Rom works great thank you 🤗 does anyone have a link to another arm gapps a12 that works on this Rom? The gapps linked in this thread installs but I can't update apps or install new apps... So far only installing apks...tried clearing data and everything else I could think of...Google play services doesn't seem to be installing correctly Thank you

Magisk, and v4a are working :)

Last edited:

spiral777

Oct 21, 2011
Chicago
Nexus 6
Google Pixel
Last edited:
Reactions: dahawthorne

spiral777

Oct 21, 2011
Chicago
Nexus 6
Google Pixel
MindTheGapps-12.1.0-arm-20220416_173154.zip work for me. Play Store updates ok. I can't find the link from which I downloaded it but I can get it to you if you can't find it.
Edit: https://androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=322935&sort_by=name&sort_dir=ASC
This v4a is working on A12... Install the apk and Just toggle legacy mode and compatibility mode until you start to hear a difference
https://www.dropbox.com/s/b0th2nvkbcu9nre/viper 4 android.apk?dl=0

And make sure you back everything up, formatting data wiped my internal storage and files

Attachments

• viper 4 android.apk
    8.8 MB · Views: 53
Last edited:

mahir555

Nov 20, 2007
Samsung Galaxy S4 Active
Nexus 6
WoW ! Thank you so much for this rom . A12 for shamu is a new life for it !
One question .. face unlock isn't available in this rom yes? Any way to enable it ? I remember in the days of pie there was a zip to enable it.

rootfan

Jul 20, 2011
New build 2022-6-12:
  • Updated with the latest LineageOS changes including the June security update
  • Firewall / data monitoring appear to be functional thanks to rINanDO's netd reverts
  • Ims (VoLTE) is working again
  • The GPS problem should be fixed

Last edited:

TotalChen

Dec 11, 2016
New build 2022-6-12:
  • Firewall / data monitoring appear to be functional thanks to rINanDO's netd reverts
Would you please push all commits needed for lineage-19.1 to compile to your repo?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    New build 2022-9-19:
    • Updated with the latest LineageOS changes
    • The issue with the proximity sensor in phone calls has been fixed
    • The encryption bootloop problem has been fixed
    I looked into the media volume decreasing during youtube playback and found that the behavior is identical on LineageOS 18.1 and read that it even existed on stock, so I don't consider it to be an issue with this ROM. I also replaced the widevine blob since I saw it had a linking issue and wasn't loading. I don't have anything to test widevine with so maybe its fixed.
    @TotalChen, is the turbo charger problem specific to the build I posted or is it an issue that you've had with your own builds? As to whether there's any chance to get lineage-20 working, I haven't tried anything with it yet so I'm not sure. @x3oo, I did see the video but it doesn't fix the graphics problems. Decreasing / disabling animations helps. I also found setting the GPU governor to performance improves things but will likely decrease battery life.
    I did exactly all those things. The device is unencrypted. My recovery is OrangeFox, and from memory (it's been a few weeks) I flashed it first and then installed the ROM & Gapps, so as far as I recall it doesn't overwrite your recovery - and in any case it's simple to reflash OrangeFox.
    The one thing I've noticed again is that Franco's Simple Reboot, although enabled in Magisk, doesn't seem to work. Apart from that it all looks fine. Go for it... :)
    I did exactly all those things. The device is unencrypted. My recovery is OrangeFox, and from memory (it's been a few weeks) I flashed it first and then installed the ROM & Gapps, so as far as I recall it doesn't overwrite your recovery - and in any case it's simple to reflash OrangeFox.
    The one thing I've noticed again is that Franco's Simple Reboot, although enabled in Magisk, doesn't seem to work. Apart from that it all looks fine. Go for it... :)
    Thanks I'll go for it
    A word of advice requested from those who know more than I do.
    After I installed the new version, my charging seems to have practically stopped. At first my N6 appeared not to charge at all, but now it's been on charge for 8 hours and has reached 80% (from its original 75%).
    This may be pure coincidence, of course. I don't know which function of the ROM would disable charging - I thought the connection from the USB port to the battery was direct, independent of the ROM. Am I wrong? The battery has been absolutely fine until today.
    Yes, I meet the same problem. It seems the turbo charger is not working properly, charging current shows a very small number in AccuBattery app. Then I change to a charger of another brand, it goes ok.
    EmPczMv.png
    LineageOS 19.1

lineage-19.1-20220919-UNOFFICIAL-shamu.zip
    lineage-19.1-20220715-UNOFFICIAL-shamu.zip
    MigrationBuild.zip

Installation note: For the July update I've switched from signing with public keys to private keys to improve security. If you're upgrading from the May or June update to the July update or newer then you should first install the migration build, reboot and let LineageOS boot up, and then install the new version.

What works:
    - Almost everything, including VoLTE

Known issues:

Device tree and kernel sources can be found on my github: https://github.com/rootfan

Thanks to:
    - LineageOS team
    - Elektroschmock, npjohnson, and anyone else who has worked on shamu in the past
    - followmsi for the work on flo / deb. It was very helpful.
    - abhishekt295 and wavedashdoc for getting IMS to work on android 10
    - rINanDO for the netd reverts

Standard disclaimer: You're responsible for what you do to your devices, so don't blame anyone else if something goes wrong.

Enjoy android 12 on the Nexus 6 :)
    New build 2022-6-12:
    New build 2022-9-19:
    • Updated with the latest LineageOS changes
    • The issue with the proximity sensor in phone calls has been fixed
    • The encryption bootloop problem has been fixed
    I looked into the media volume decreasing during youtube playback and found that the behavior is identical on LineageOS 18.1 and read that it even existed on stock, so I don't consider it to be an issue with this ROM. I also replaced the widevine blob since I saw it had a linking issue and wasn't loading. I don't have anything to test widevine with so maybe its fixed.
    New build 2022-7-15:
    • Updated with the latest LineageOS changes including the July security update
    • Selinux is now enforcing
    • Added signature spoofing support for microG
    • Signed with private keys (make sure to read the installation note in the original post)
    Thanks for this major update. What G-apps do you recommend? if possible a link please.
    I used MindTheGapps, haven't got any issues installing via TWRP.

So far haven't encountered any major issues except the UI being choppy and sometimes UI elements flicker. Will run it for a couple of days and see if it's worth it.