[ROM][UNOFFICIAL] LineageOS 19.1 for Xiaomi Mi 8 Pro(15/6/2022)

Search This thread

vinydasilveira

Dec 23, 2013
Xiaomi Mi 8 Pro
The safetynet should pass but I don't know whether your bank app detect other else. Just have a try. However You should not try this rom if you like memeui. It's very difference to the memeui.
I like the light UI of the LOS, but I also like functions that make the most of my phone's hardware. Like Face Unlock, FOD, Read mode, Anti flicker mode, Floating windows and etc...

jwhan

I like the light UI of the LOS, but I also like functions that make the most of my phone's hardware. Like Face Unlock, FOD, Read mode, Anti flicker mode, Floating windows and etc...
The face unlock doesn't work as the Los doesn't support the face unlock feature and I don't have much time to port this feature to Los.

Reactions: vinydasilveira

Drownik

Sep 17, 2021
Hi, I've installed this ROM, but the fingerprint is not working (or, at least, I don't have any option to unlock my phone with fingerprint). I had the V12.0.2.0.QECMIXM original firmware from Xiaomi, then installed the ROM and Gapps...

Any advice about how to fix it?

TY!!

wxie

Mar 9, 2022
Thanks for this ROM.
I have problem to download it from either gdrive or adroidfile drive.
Is there any other place that I can download this rom? For example, gitlab or codeburg?

wxie

Mar 9, 2022
Finally, I installed this ROM. It works.
Is there a Chinese input method included?

I managed to install SoGo input, but when I restart the phone I cannot input PIN because SoGo is not started yet I guess.
How could I recover from this situation?

wxie

Mar 9, 2022
Use Gboard or Google pinyin. Does it use default keyboard when you input the PIN?
Should I install Gboard or Google pinyin explicitly?

Does it use default keyboard when you input the PIN? -> Not sure what you mean. The unlock screen is ok, but restart is not working - I cannot switch off the phone anymore because not input.

What can I do?

jwhan

Should I install Gboard or Google pinyin explicitly?

Does it use default keyboard when you input the PIN? -> Not sure what you mean. The unlock screen is ok, but restart is not working - I cannot switch off the phone anymore because not input.

What can I do?
Use physical keyboard. And can you send the logs? I don't think it caused by custom keyboard app

tomeesan

Jun 17, 2022
Hello,

Thanks for the ROM ! It's great! I feel really good about having a modern patched os my phone.

After installation the bare LineageOS is booting, wizard works, phone works afterwards.

Camera is working.
Wifi, mobile networks working.
Touchscreen, in-screen fingerprint are fine.
USB-OTG works.
Bluetooth works.

Problems :

1: i don't seem to be able make GPS work.
I have a message that AGPS is updated, but it can not find any satellites.

2: I tried multiple GApps ( MindTheGApps, Open Gapps ) multiple versions, i even tried those which are not Android 12L...
So i had more than 20 reinstalls. ( wiped everything )
None of them seems to work.
MindTheGapps has all services crashing and rebooting. The wizard from Lineage is showing up with constant pop-up messages of services closing too many times.
Open Gapps launches the wizard, but after setting the Pin ( right after choosing which Google services should be available ) it crashes and returns to services selection.
The Settings is crashing... If i click info button in the pop-up it takes me to Settings from where i can launch another instance of Settings ... from where any installed app can be launched...

3: Ear piece speaker volume is really low

At the moment i'm waiting for more Gapps to be available, i don't have anything on the phone so i don't mind wiping.
In the meantime i would like to ask for some advice on how to make gps work and maybe increase( lets say double :) ) the speaker volume.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance
Tamas

Reactions: ibraS

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11.0 (R), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Note: This ROM uses FBE encryption, any current existing recovery won't be able to decrypt data!

Working:
    • Camera
    • WiFi
    • Bluetooth
    • Audio (Record and Playback)
    • Video Playback
    • Sensors
    • GPS
    • NFC
    • Encryption (FBE)
    • Under display fingerprint

Broken:
    • You tell me.

Downloads
    Need TEST, please report to me whether it works for you(October patch): download
    Old version: AndroidFileHost

Recommended firmware
    V12.0.5.0.QECCNXM

How to flash
    • Reboot to recovery
    • Format /system, /data and /cache
    • Flash the firmware(optional, but you'd better do it)
    • Install LineageOS zip package
    • Install a Google Apps package of your choice(optional)
    Contributors

bgcngm, rtx4d, YumeMichi, shivatejapeddi, jjpprrrr, jwhan

Sources:
    Common device tree
    equuleus device tree
    Xiaomi SDM845 common kernel
    Common vendor blobs

Last edit 15/6/2022
    2021.06.09 Changelog
    • June security patch
    2021.07.12 Changelog
    • July security patch
    • Fix contactless payments with Google Pay
    Good question, I will take a consider of it.
    I second this. Please ask LineageOS to include you and make official builds. Thanks!
    I second this. Please ask LineageOS to include you and make official builds. Thanks!
    Sorry, I finally decided to give it up after consider some time. I am not a qualified maintainer as I dont have much time to maintain the rom. We may spend much time on it as the official maintain.
    Can I use bank apps with this ROM without needing to install magisk? I don't use root. I'm looking for a ROM that similar to Xiaomi.eu that works 100% bank apps without root.
    The safetynet should pass but I don't know whether your bank app detect other else. Just have a try. However You should not try this rom if you like memeui. It's very difference to the memeui.