[ROM][UNOFFICIAL] LineageOS 20.0 [Android 13.0][JUDYLN] [Updated 15-10-2022]

Search This thread

DanCS1995

May 24, 2022
Brazil
Why is my mic not working during call, through voice recorder works fine ... I downloaded a mic test app, and when I select direct sound mode, the mic is working. When I select communication mode, there is no sound at all.

by looking at logcat, I can see some related output

Code:
D/audio_hw_primary: start_input_stream: enter: stream(0xe64a5a00)usecase(23: audio-record)

D/audio_hw_primary: select_devices for use case (audio-record)

D/audio_hw_primary: select_devices: out_snd_device(0: ) in_snd_device(481: voip-speaker-mic)

D/audio_hw_primary: check_usecases_capture_codec_backend:becf: force routing 0

E/audio_hw_primary: enable_snd_device: enter  481

D/audio_hw_primary: enable_snd_device: snd_device(481: voip-speaker-mic)

D/audio_hw_primary: enable_audio_route: apply mixer and update path: audio-record

D/audio_hw_primary: select_devices: done

E/audio_hw_primary: start_input_stream: pcm_prepare returned -1

D/audio_hw_primary: disable_audio_route: reset and update mixer path: audio-record

D/audio_hw_primary: disable_snd_device: enter  481

D/audio_hw_primary: disable_snd_device: snd_device(481: voip-speaker-mic)

D/audio_hw_primary: start_input_stream: exit: status(-1)

D/audio_hw_primary: in_standby: enter: stream (0xe64a5a00) usecase(23: audio-record)

using logcat -b kernel to show kernel messages:

Code:
09-12 19:06:40.977     0     0 E msm-pcm-dsp soc: qcom,msm-pcm: ASoC: platform prepare error: -22

09-12 19:06:40.977     0     0 E SDM845 Media1: ASoC: prepare FE SDM845 Media1 failed

09-12 19:06:40.994     0     0 I tfa98xx_tfa_exception_put(): tfa98xx_tfa_exception_put(): tfa_exception (0)

09-12 19:06:41.093     0     0 E         : send_afe_cal_type cal_block not found!!

09-12 19:06:41.113     0     0 E q6asm_send_cal: cal_block is stale

09-12 19:06:41.139     0     0 E adm_callback: cmd = 0x10356 returned error = 0x1

09-12 19:06:41.139     0     0 E adm_open: DSP returned error[ADSP_EFAILED]

09-12 19:06:41.139     0     0 E msm_pcm_routing_reg_phy_stream: adm open failed copp_idx:-131

09-12 19:06:41.139     0     0 E msm_pcm_routing_reg_phy_stream_v2: failed to reg phy stream

09-12 19:06:41.139     0     0 E msm_pcm_capture_prepare: stream reg failed ret:-22

09-12 19:06:41.139     0     0 E msm-pcm-dsp soc: qcom,msm-pcm: ASoC: platform prepare error: -22

09-12 19:06:41.139     0     0 E SDM845 Media1: ASoC: prepare FE SDM845 Media1 failed

09-12 19:06:41.157     0     0 I tfa98xx_tfa_exception_put(): tfa98xx_tfa_exception_put(): tfa_exception (0)

09-12 19:06:41.247     0     0 E         : send_afe_cal_type cal_block not found!!

09-12 19:06:41.268     0     0 E q6asm_send_cal: cal_block is stale

Hope someone can provide any hints. I have spent a few days debugging this issue.... I think this might be a chance to learn how to build lineage os from source, and change every "AUDIO_SOURCE_VOICE_COMMUNICATION" to "AUDIO_SOURCE_MIC". This rom is so close to perfect !
were you in the required stock firmware for your device model before flash this rom?

Oliver-James

Nov 6, 2022
Hi everyone :)

I have a LG710EM from TIM on V30c, last security patch 01.12.2020

I had LineageOS on tablets before and love the fact, that phones/tablets, which don't get any support from the vendor, can still be updated and that's why I'm here.

I have a few questions to not get into trouble applying all the information provided in this thread.

Q1:
I guess I have to take the following steps:
1. Update to V30h with LGUP
2. Unlock the bootloader with the "unofficial method"
3. follow the steps from "CLEAN FLASH : (If on A11/A12/A12L based rom other than Lineage 19.1)" with the fastboot/ORANGEFOX tips above that section
Is this correct?

Q2:
This phone is my "daily use" (and currently only) phone. I have a concern about the safety net (-A12) or integrity (A13), because I use Google Pay and other applications, which may rely on this check.
From what I understand, the problem is the unlocked bootloader. I saw a Magisk thread, but this requires to be rooted also and I don't know, if this works with the G7 ThinQ the same way.
Is it possible to use the LineageOS rom with the LG G7 ThinQ and still use all these apps like Google Pay, and if, how can this be done?

Q3 / Last one:
Would you propose to use already LineageOS 20 (A13) or use LOS 19 for stability reasons? If you propose LOS 20, is there a recommendation on GAPPS? (The recommendation for LOS 19 was mentioned in the thread.)

Best Regards, thanks for all the great work, greetings from Germany and looking forward to your answers,
Oliver

Reactions: __sterby__
One (maybe stupid question)...
I'd like to try the new Los20 on my phone, currently running Los17. Can I just flash this in LOS recovery without losing user data and stuff? And if not, could someone help me to understand why? 😊
Thank you 🙂

Barrytoo

Jan 12, 2013
I'd like to try the new Los20 on my phone, currently running Los17. Can I just flash this in LOS recovery without losing user data and stuff? And if not, could someone help me to understand why? 😊
Thank you 🙂
If you're running v17, and you've met all the requirements for v20, then you can flash in recovery with no data loss.

Alternatively, you can flash OTA just by checking for system updates in the settings.

I hope this helped.

• Love
Reactions: __sterby__
Sooo, of course it didn't work as expected. From a LineageOS ROM (with no previous LG Firmware 30XX) orangefox didn't boot. Then I flashed with TWRP and of course destroyed everything :D

Now I flashed the required firmware with LGUP and then LineageOS 20 as described here. Somehow asking for permission dialoges didn't popup and apps didn't ask for permissions, so I couldn't install anything. Flashed Fdroid from orangefox, but it didn't ask for internet access, so I couldn't install from there either.
Next, I did the clean install path again with the LineageOS 19.1 version. Now I have the "no call" issue mentioned above. So apparently, I need to clean flash directly from the respective LG ROM (which is mentioned in the instructions, I guess :D).
So I guess I go back to the LG ROM EM30F and try again with clean install from there. Or any other thoughts on that?

Otherwise, amazing work! Everything else works really well so far!

Lieta

Dec 22, 2013
Riga
LineageOS 19.1 with MindTheGapps-12.1.0 works, LineageOS 20.0 with MindTheGapps-13.0.0 doesn't - goes into reboot cycle.
EDIT: tried a clean flash one more time and LineageOS 20.0 with MindTheGapps-13.0.0 works.

Last edited:

Lieta

Dec 22, 2013
Riga
There is no voice in both directions when calling.
EDIT: fixed by flashing 30F ROM firmware and reflashing LineageOS 20.0.

Last edited:
I using the 19.1 Version of this ROM for around two months now as a daily driver and I'm wondering if I should upgrade to 20.
Has anyone experiences with the dirty flash path? Is v20 reasonably stable?

Thank you and merry XMas (or whatever you celebrete or not)

haukurpj

Dec 27, 2022
This is my first time setting up a custom ROM and I wanted to share my progress and seek some advice. I'm using an EM model.

After some troubles with USB (seems to be hardware related) I was able to setup Lineageos v20 with mindthegapps v13 and magisk v25+. It works very well and I'm using it as a daily driver (see more below).

Then I was able to bypass safetynet using the magisk modules; universal safetynet fix and hide props. Using the latter to set a verified fingerprint. After clearing the cache of play store and play services I was able to get Netflix and Google Pay working.

On that note my mobile banking app does not work, as it detects my device as rooted. I know for a fact that the mobile app uses this API to check for root: https://backstage.forgerock.com/doc...-device-info.html#android-jailbreak-detection.
I would like to get my mobile banking app working and I would like to start enforcing SELinux. More concretely:

1. Has anyone tried setting "setenforce 1" to enforce the SELinux policies? I'm very interested in getting them to work as this is my daily driver.
2. I would also like to see the logs being generated now of possible denies which could cause system issues before trying it myself.
3. Does anyone know what the API is checking? My guess is that the API the banking app uses tests whether SELinux policies are being enforced and fails when they are not. I would like to verify this by looking at the logs. (Back to question 2)

haukurpj

Dec 27, 2022
I was able to the banking app working by just adding it to the deny list in magisk (no enforcing).

I have not looked into the other questions.

Stefanob__

Jun 14, 2016
Hi. I installed lineageos 20.0, I noticed that when I connect the phone to the TV (miracast) only audio works without video. Any solution?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    proxy (1).png

A special thanks to @EmanuelCN for work hardly on Device Tree, Kernel and Recovery, without it this Rom wouldn't be possible.

ABOUT LINEAGE:
    LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.
    LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.
    All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS GitHub repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit Gerrit Code Review.

Android OS version: 13.0 / 12.1(A12L)
    Android Release: android-13.0.0_r8 / android-12.1.0_r22
    Build Release date: 2022-10-15
    Security patch: October 5, 2022
    Build author/Device Maintainer: @DanCS1995
    Kernel version/Author: Linux 4.9.235-N0kernel+ by
    @EmanuelCN
    Device: LG G7 ThinQ
    Device codename: Judyln

DOWNLOAD:
    LineageOS 20.0 (Android 13.0) October 5
    LineageOS 19.1 (Android 12.1) October 5
    OrangeFox
    fastboot-tools.zip
    fastboot-driver.zip
    fix-fastboot.zip (You'll may need this)

ABOUT GAPPS:
    Does this Rom come with GAPPS?

No, it doesn't. It means you'll not have "Google Play Store" app or any other Google related service or application in it.
    If i wanna use it, wich one should i use?
    Make sure to flash the right one that matches to your current Android version, AVOID Stock packages, and the ones that contains "Pixel Launcher" in it, it seams conflicts with Lineage Stock Launcher, and it will give you black screen.

For Lineage 19.1 ONLY!!!
    For sure the better one seams to be the one that Lineage recomends you, that you can find it right here in Google Apps | LineageOS Wiki

CHANGELOG 15-10-2022:
    • October 5, 2022 Security Patch.
    • Whatsapp audio call issues now gone.
    • No more "Internal Error" message.

BUGS:
    • VoLTE (Will never work on custom roms on LG phones)
    • 10 bit video recording (Watching content in 10 bit works, you just cant record video in 10 bit format).
    • You tell me!

QUICK FASTBOOT-DRIVER GUIDE INSTALLATION:
    How to install:
    1. Extract the fastboot-driver.zip.
    2. Open device manager
    3. Click right on " Android " it should have a yellow warning icon, press on update driver
    4. Select browse my computer then press on let me pick from a list of available drivers
    5. Press on Have disk and then go to where you have extracted the zip file and select android_winusb.inf
    6. Done.

IF YOU FACE SOME FASTBOOT ISSUES DOWNLOAD FIX-FASTBOOT ZIP :
    Instructions: Copy it in main directory (usually in C: drive) and run it as administrator, problem solved.

ORANGEFOX GUIDE:
    If you have acces to fastboot, download fastboot-driver.zip and fastboot-tools.zip for the tools necessary to boot ofox.
    Open the CMD and use the following command to boot ofox:

Code:
    fastboot boot ofox-metadata.img

If you don't have access to fastboot, enter in 9008 mode, open qfil and load ofox image on boot_a and boot_b then force reboot (hold volume - and power button for 10s), after it reboots it will get you automatly in ofox.

DISCLAIMER FLASHING OFOX IN QFIL WILL LEAD IN YOUR ROM NOT BOOTING AS LG G7 IS AN A/B DEVICE WHICH MEANS IT DOESN'T HAVE A RECOVERY PARTITION, BOOT IMAGE IS MANDATORY FOR YOUR PHONE TO BOOT, FLASHING OFOX USING QFIL ITS ONLY FOR YOU TO BE ABLE TO FLASH A CUSTOM ROM AS IT OVERWRITES THE BOOT IMAGE WITH THE CERTAIN ROM'S ONE.

INSTALLATION

NOTE: It is STRONGLY recommended to fully wipe your device before flashing and please avoid restoring system apps and system data with Titanium Backup (or with any backup/restore app) as this can cause stability issues that are very hard to debug, restoring regular apps is fine.
    If you believe you know what you're doing - then fine, go ahead, but please don't complain if you experience any strange behavior.

"ROM Firmware Required: Must be on 30F EM, 30D EMW/EAW/AWM, 30D EMW for N model"

CLEAN FLASH : (If on A11/A12/A12L based rom other than Lineage 19.1)
    1. Boot in OFOX metadata;

2. Format Data (Press on the recycle bin icon —-> format data ——> type yes);

3. FROM HERE YOU CAN CHOOSE BETWEEN 2 METHODS TO FLASH:

3.1. USING ADB SIDELOAD:
    3.1.1. Press on "back" and flash the rom using adb sideload (Go to 3 lines in the bottom right corner, choose "ADB Sideload", Then "Swipe-->", open the cmd from adb tools folder in computer, then type "adb sideload", hit "Enter", then < drag and drop the zip over the cmd>);
    3.1.2. Flash ofox zip the same way through adb sideload, it will automatically reboot to ofox after flashing is done;
    3.1.3. Flash gapps; (Only if the rom does not contain gapps);
    3.1.4. Flash magisk (Optional);

3.2. OR IF YOU HAVE A MICROSD CARD, YOU CAN FOLLOW THIS:
    3.2.1. Move the rom and ofox, and gapps(if you will use) zip file into your microsdcard;
    3.2.2. Press on "/sdcard" area and choose "Micro SDCard", navigate straight into your rom zip file, then press on it, then "swipe ---->", it will start flashing it;
    3.2.3. After flash the rom, locate your ofox zip file and flash it as you did with the rom;
    3.2.4. Flash gapps; (If you want);
    3.2.5. Flash Magisk (Optional);

4. Change filesystem to f2fs (Go to 3 lines in bottom right corner ----> manage partitions ----> select data -----> change fs ------> f2fs);
    5. Reboot.

DIRTY FLASH/UPGRADE ROM : (If you are already on Lineage 19.1)
    • Boot in OFOX metadata;
    • Flash the rom zip;
    • Flash ofox zip, it will automatically reboot the phone to ofox after the flashing is done;
    • Flash gapps (ONLY IF THE ROM IS WITH GAPPS ALREADY, MAKE SURE TO FLASH THE SAME ONE);
    • Flash magisk (Optional);

Sources and Documentation
    • ROM Source Code
    • Kernel Source

Created 2022-05-24
    Last Updated 2022-10-15

Screenshots:
    Hi TheArt,

Thanks for taking the time to write that reply.

I can see your point of view and I am glad you brought this up, because it is important to be aware of it and reminded of it.

I did some research about SElinux. It is a worthwhile and strong security enhancement.
    It seems though, that it is very complex to troubleshoot, hence some advocate switching it off (for sanity). So there are legitimate reasons to switch it off, even though it is much better to have it on.

In terms of limiting my own 'attack surface' -
    I never do banking on my mobile devices, or have any banking apps.
    I have not rooted the G7
    I don't have any Google apps, or use Play Store. I do use F-Droid almost exclusively, and occasionally sideload a few other apps, which I 'hope' I can trust.

I am not using this G7 as a daily driver yet, but was considering that. IMO its now running better than it ever did before, so i'm very keen to use this ROM, and really glad to have the G7 working so well. Thanks again to the guys that have made this :)

**The things that I would be concerned about keeping safe on my phone are: photos, email (K9), Signal messages, Keepass. If the device was compromised, would all of the above be available to an attacker? I guess they would. As Keepass is encrypted and needs a password every time, it might be safer?

**I was also thinking, as the security updates are so recent (July 2022), maybe its still more secure than the LG OS which hadn't seen an update since 2020?

I am keen to hear if anyone has any thoughts on the above.

Cheers for your help,
    Hi,

Could you expand please? Why is this critical?

XDA is full of advice on rooting / modding / altering original software / etc ...many of these activities throw up warnings. Unlocking the bootloader on the G7 itself throws up a warning on every reboot, despite the manufacturer allowing the unlock. So why do you advise against this SE Linux issue? And is the ROM ok if they can fix the issue?

It looks like you have been at XDA a long time. I am interested to have your input please.

Thank you!

Hi Tommy, I am on XDA since a while but I am not a dev, just a curious user. I contributed with some guides and other non coding stuff. Anyway, regarding SElinux, I too wasn't paying much attention to it until I start reading on this subject on the web. For instance you can start by reading this reddit discussion or use a search engine of your choice to look further.

Feel free to contribute and make selinux enforcing :D. Its not that big of a deal as long as you do not flash/install random things on your phone. Unlocking bootloader to begin with is a "security concern"

Emanuel, If I had the knowledge I would make if enforcing, but as I am just a guy concerned about security and privacy I wrote that opinion.

Of course I am still grateful that G7 is kept alive thanks to your effort with newer OS versions and security patches. My observation regarding SElinux state is a warning for users to be mindful of what they are installing on the most important device of their life (smartphone).

As I have installed ROMs for different devices, I noticed that custom ROMs can have SElinux on enforced mode. Bootloader unlock is another concern, sure. But 95% of the ROMs can't relock the bootloader (except for GrapheneOS and CalyxOS available only for a few devices, and DivestOS with some phones). In addition, having an unlocked bootloader is a security issue only if an unauthorized person gets physical access to your smartphone. Whereas SElinux helps protect you... from yourself basically. Sometimes we install things that are truly legitimate but they maybe altered by a phishing attack of even in PlayStore there are plenty of nasty stuff.

I wrote that comment because too often security aspects are being traded-off too much for other things. Overall installing custom ROMs is risky but a user should find a equilibrium there and try to risk as less as possible while gaining access to updates and latest security patches.

I started installing custom ROMs to improve performance of my potato-smartphone back in 2012. Then to get rid of Google. Then to keep an old device alive while still having decent level of security and privacy.
    Can the call be made? (Sim)
    Thank you 🙂
    If you're running v17, and you've met all the requirements for v20, then you can flash in recovery with no data loss.

Alternatively, you can flash OTA just by checking for system updates in the settings.

I hope this helped.