[ROM] [UNOFFICIAL] LineageOS 20.0 (Android 13) for Mi 8 Lite [platina]

Search This thread

sptk523

Jan 7, 2023
先生,我的手机无法使用 Google 服务、Play 商店、服务框架。
来自小米8青春版.天堂20
请帮助我,谢谢!
Don't boot the System after flashing the ROM. You have to flash Gapps first, directly after flashing the ROM.
If you already booted System before flashing Gapps:
  1. Reboot to your custom recovery
  2. Wipe like you clean install (cache, dalvik, data, system, vendor)
  3. Flash ROM zip
  4. Format Data
  5. Flash Gapps
  6. Flash Magisk (optional, only if you want to be rooted)
  7. Reboot system
I see,Thank you are reply.

9Lukas5

Dec 14, 2010
near Stuttgart
@sabar_op quick question about the change in this commit:

XML:
<!-- Enable WPA2 to WPA3 auto-upgrade -->
<bool translatable="false" name="config_wifiSaeUpgradeEnabled">false</bool>

Once that comes into the stable branch, will this only affect WPA2/3 mixed networks, or will it make WPA3/SAE completely unavailable for our device? 🤔
As it says autoUpgrade I hope it's the former?

L

sabar_op

Jun 30, 2010
Xiaomi Mi Pad 4 Plus
@sabar_op quick question about the change in this commit:

XML:
<!-- Enable WPA2 to WPA3 auto-upgrade -->
<bool translatable="false" name="config_wifiSaeUpgradeEnabled">false</bool>

Once that comes into the stable branch, will this only affect WPA2/3 mixed networks, or will it make WPA3/SAE completely unavailable for our device? 🤔
As it says autoUpgrade I hope it's the former?

L

Not test it as it's sill wip...I follow what xiaomi sdm660 device did...

Reactions: 9Lukas5

9Lukas5

Dec 14, 2010
near Stuttgart
Hm, ok two things I discovered by now (unrelated of being on the build with or without the new changes):
  • Camera often just doesn't take the picture. It focuses, but on trying to capture it just doesn't
  • The screenshot Btn-combo of Power+VolDown stops working. Comes back after reboot, but couldn't identify when/what triggers it to stop working
L

Virtuo64

Oct 21, 2016
Hm, ok two things I discovered by now (unrelated of being on the build with or without the new changes):
  • Camera often just doesn't take the picture. It focuses, but on trying to capture it just doesn't
  • The screenshot Btn-combo of Power+VolDown stops working. Comes back after reboot, but couldn't identify when/what triggers it to stop working
L
Same Problem here with the initial build. I use GCam from store.

9Lukas5

Dec 14, 2010
near Stuttgart
A new update can be found here on Androidfilehost

This is built with the recent changes @sabar_op included to the device trees and the January security updates.
As mentioned before, issues are as said above.

Two small differences to @sabar_op's builds: I've included the iOS emojis in my builds and the Rom is MicroG-ready which shouldn't change anything for people not using it, but makes life a lot easier for those who do

L

9Lukas5

Dec 14, 2010
near Stuttgart
Hey @sabar_op I've tried to get a log when taking a picture it didn't capture it. Went in and out of the camera repeatedly until it finally worked. Got somewhat lengthy, but I hope there's a pattern recognizable.

L

Attachments

• logcat-camera-no-shutter.log.tar.gz
    248.6 KB · Views: 14

9Lukas5

Dec 14, 2010
near Stuttgart
Hey @ all, I wanted to wait for a confirmation from sabar if I should leave another hint here, but seems he's busy.

For those using the build from the 11th January I uploaded: Could you check if you can be called?
This build was done with the newer device tree from sabar which seemed to work fine, until I discovered I couldn't get incoming calls. So, if you have the same issue you should grab the newest build 😬

The build from the 15th January is using the old device tree again, which also includes the mentioned commit from above.
In my experience this commit didn't make the camera issue go away, but a lot better.

L

Virtuo64

Oct 21, 2016
Hey @ all, I wanted to wait for a confirmation from sabar if I should leave another hint here, but seems he's busy.

For those using the build from the 11th January I uploaded: Could you check if you can be called?
This build was done with the newer device tree from sabar which seemed to work fine, until I discovered I couldn't get incoming calls. So, if you have the same issue you should grab the newest build 😬

The build from the 15th January is using the old device tree again, which also includes the mentioned commit from above.
In my experience this commit didn't make the camera issue go away, but a lot better.

L
Couldn't get calls too. Luckily you noticed. On your build from 15th January everything seems fine. Thanks!

therealprof

May 14, 2015
That all sounds very promising. Are there plans to take over the maintainership of the official platina build?

oldfield

Apr 10, 2010
hi, I think I have a solution to the camera not working. I tested on google camera and it works all weekend. I don't know how it will be in English but you have to go to the application settings in the permissions and allow "Modify system settings". It works for me :)

LKJEFoi234

Dec 19, 2016
Finally got this installed. Adding instructions for my future use (or others).
  1. Unlock Bootloader. You need to go to Xiaomi site and register an account, download software to PC and run it for it to unlock.
  2. Dev Options --> USB Debugging, plus Mi Unlock option (log in with Xiaomi account, enable LTE data, etc.)
  3. Flash twrp 3.2 (other versions weren't working for me). You might need to unplug all USB ports and try other ports if you are getting a 'write failed' error.
  4. Boot to twrp, factory reset. Flash lineageos, magisk, gapps (BitGapps worked for me).
That's it. I had to install stock ROM because I messed up somewhere. But the above steps worked (didn't have to unlock bootloader again). Haven't tested anything, but very nice look and feel. I also installed Qualcomm and ADB USB drivers from some Xiaomi site, but probably no necessary (thought this would help for 'write fail' error when trying to flash twrp).

9Lukas5

Dec 14, 2010
near Stuttgart
hi, I think I have a solution to the camera not working. I tested on google camera and it works all weekend. I don't know how it will be in English but you have to go to the application settings in the permissions and allow "Modify system settings". It works for me :)

The camera is working fine in the latest builds already as of my understanding and own experience. Preinstalled Camera App, OpenCamera (which I use) as well as other Apps incorporating camera functionality like messengers, QR-Code Apps, etc.

The issue I'm experiencing is that it doesn't always capture the picture if I press the shutter. So the question is: Did you ever experience it, that the camera tried but never actually took the picture with GCam?

Finally got this installed. Adding instructions for my future use (or others).
  1. Unlock Bootloader. You need to go to Xiaomi site and register an account, download software to PC and run it for it to unlock.
  2. Dev Options --> USB Debugging, plus Mi Unlock option (log in with Xiaomi account, enable LTE data, etc.)
  3. Flash twrp 3.2 (other versions weren't working for me). You might need to unplug all USB ports and try other ports if you are getting a 'write failed' error.
  4. Boot to twrp, factory reset. Flash lineageos, magisk, gapps (BitGapps worked for me).
That's it. I had to install stock ROM because I messed up somewhere. But the above steps worked (didn't have to unlock bootloader again). Haven't tested anything, but very nice look and feel. I also installed Qualcomm and ADB USB drivers from some Xiaomi site, but probably no necessary (thought this would help for 'write fail' error when trying to flash twrp).

Disclaimer: I'll sound very rude and direct now, so don't interpret too much into it. I'm german and we like to point out things rather directly instead of doing a lot of flower-power chit-chat around what buggs us^^

I know that the times when Members had to have at least 10 Posts on XDA globally before they even were able to post in threads of the development section are over and also that nearly no one really cares anymore, if the chatter going on in an development section thread is really development related.
But for heavens sake, could we at least please keep the stuff (directly) related to what a thread is about?

Having an unlocked bootloader is obviously a prerequisite to use the stuff offered here. Getting there is not in the support scope of this thread.
I appreciate that you wanted to archive what steps you took and make it accessible for others as well. No problem with that, just do us all a favor and find a fitting thread (or create a new one) in the Guides, News and Discussions Subforum of our device. That's what it is meant for.

L

LKJEFoi234

Dec 19, 2016
The camera is working fine in the latest builds already as of my understanding and own experience. Preinstalled Camera App, OpenCamera (which I use) as well as other Apps incorporating camera functionality like messengers, QR-Code Apps, etc.

The issue I'm experiencing is that it doesn't always capture the picture if I press the shutter. So the question is: Did you ever experience it, that the camera tried but never actually took the picture with GCam?

Disclaimer: I'll sound very rude and direct now, so don't interpret too much into it. I'm german and we like to point out things rather directly instead of doing a lot of flower-power chit-chat around what buggs us^^

I know that the times when Members had to have at least 10 Posts on XDA globally before they even were able to post in threads of the development section are over and also that nearly no one really cares anymore, if the chatter going on in an development section thread is really development related.
But for heavens sake, could we at least please keep the stuff (directly) related to what a thread is about?

Having an unlocked bootloader is obviously a prerequisite to use the stuff offered here. Getting there is not in the support scope of this thread.
I appreciate that you wanted to archive what steps you took and make it accessible for others as well. No problem with that, just do us all a favor and find a fitting thread (or create a new one) in the Guides, News and Discussions Subforum of our device. That's what it is meant for.

L
My apologies. Thank you greatly for your developmental work on this. One issue I did come across from the OP instructions was the touchscreen not working with the twrp-3.7.0_12-0-platina.img file in the Downloads folder. So there was no way to 'swipe right to make modification'. Am I the only one that had that issue? Thanks again for your work on this project.

Edit: thanks so much @sabar_op for your development work. Apologies for filling up the thread with non-dev stuff.

Last edited:

9Lukas5

Dec 14, 2010
near Stuttgart
My apologies. Thank you greatly for your developmental work on this.

Just to not let any confusion come up: I'm also just a user in this thread^^
Sure, I have published my compiled builds of it lately, but the developer is sabar_op, who created the thread 👍

One issue I did come across from the OP instructions was the touchscreen not working with the twrp-3.7.0_12-0-platina.img file in the Downloads folder. So there was no way to 'swipe right to make modification'. Am I the only one that had that issue? Thanks again for your work on this project.

Seems so 🤔
For me the touch is working fine.

If you need more assistance on pinning down the issue you could drop me a private message (to keep the thread clean) with details on what you did by now and at which point exactly you're stuck.

L

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Description :
    - Based on 4.19.294 kernel
    - OSS cam HAL
    - September 2023 Security Update

Downloads :
    Here

Flashing instructions :
    - Perform a backup of your current ROM (optional)
    - Use TWRP that support 4.19 kernel
    - Perform clean install from TWRP (factory reset, format data and wipe system) if come from other ROM, other android version, or from 4.4 kernel based ROM.
    - Flash ROM
    - Flash GApps (optional).

What's not working:
    - Touchscreen doesn't work for fts touch panel.
    - Let me know.

Source : https://github.com/LineageOS
    Kernel : sdm660
    Device tree : platina
    I just get working camera using oss cam HAL with P blobs cam. Q cam blobs has issue in torch light even flash cam is working.
    Uploading new build 20230923 with changelog:
    - fix low volume on calls on speaker mode
    - fix touchscreen issue of synaptics tcm touch device
    Latest update with build date 10 March.
    Changelog:
    - Fix vibrate
    - SELinux Enforcing
    - Uprev fingerprint HAL to 2.3
    Thank you! I'll try the version from your signature. Maybe the Bluetooth problems are fixed with this version.

Unfortunately, I can not estimate how high the effort is to fix the Bluetooth problems in this build. Maybe @sabar_op creates yes in the near future. :)

I am busy at the moment to bringing up platina to Android 14. I am switching to Pixel Experience for testing it as LineageOS 21 source is not ready yet.

I will check bluetooth issue and update it in android 14.