[ROM] [UNOFFICIAL] LiquidSmooth (Liquid Lollipop) Updated 12/15

Search This thread

marcsmv3

Jun 2, 2016
Has anyone successfully downgraded from LiquidSmooth 5.1.1 to stock 4.1.1? I need to in order to do use a network unlock code.

My bootloader is I747UCDLK3
My baseband is I747UCUEMJB (I remember flashing this in order to get the antenna to work properly)
My kernel is 3.4.108-Deathly-Rebirth Deadman@Deadman #1 Mon July 13 01:00:58 EDT 2015

Is this ROM an option for me: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2161667 ??

Or will I brick my phone?

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    sphilz.jpg

THIS IS AN UNOFFICIAL BUILD OF LIQUID LOLLIPOP AND NOT SUPPORTED BY THE NORMAL DEV TEAM. SO IF YOU FIND A BUG, DON'T ASK THEM FOR ANY KIND OF SUPPORT. IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR THE OFFICIAL LIQUID LOLLIPOP, YOU CAN FIND THAT HERE.

Here is a build I put together today of LiquidSmooth v4.0 (Android 5.0.1). I build unofficial builds for one of the S2 variants, and having the d2att S3, I figured I would build it for it too. And since it worked, figured I would just drop it here.

THINGS TO NOTE

ABOUT THE ROM
    This build does not use the Material Dark theme that the official Liquid Lollipop uses it. I reverted it to Material Light in some places just because I prefer it. There are still a few system apps and places you will find the darker theme, but most of the ROM is light. Camera is a little off still. Works for some, doesn't for others. I recommend Open Camera from the PlayStore. Pictures work flawless with it.. Video will cause FC.. Wifi, Mobile Data, etc are also working. As far as bugs, I'm sure there are some, but being early in the Lollipop era, it should be expected.

ABOUT THE KERNEL

The D2-Shift that I recommend to use with this comes from the awesome @rogersb11. It's built with Linaro GCC-4.9.1 and includes the faux sound mod (thanks to @faux123). When flashing the kernel, it will install Stweak kernel control app. HOWEVER Stweaks support is not complete yet. So use Trickster or whatever kernel control app you wish with it.

DOWNLOAD AND INSTALLATION

THAT USUAL DISCLAIMER STUFF

Yup, you knew this was coming. Neither I nor anyone else including, but not limited to, my wife, kids, your neighbor, or that annoying Fluffy the cat down the road are responsible to damage to your phone while flashing this. This includes, soft brick, hard brick, one brick, two brick, red brick, blue brick. ALSO, I built this specifically for the d2att variant. If you want to try it on another d2 variant then you do so at your own risk. It's up to you to know if it can work and how.

DOWNLOADS

Unofficial Liquid Lollipop from this link right here.
    Gapps from this here link (or 5.0 Gapps of your choice)
    Shift-D2 Kernel can be found here.
    Update SuperSU (thank you @Chainfire) from the link you can click on right here.

INSTALLATION

1) BACK THAT THANG UP! Seriously, it never hurts.
    2) Factory Reset, Full Wipe
    3) Flash ROM, Gapps, Kernel
    4) Flash Update SuperSU
    5) Safety Wipe of Dalvik (ART now)
    6) Reboot

SPECIAL THANKS

First and foremost thanks to the entire LiquidSmooth team because of course, without them, this wouldn't exist. I always have to thank @rogersb11 like my life would cease without him. Seriously though, the kernel is all his building, and the help he has given me over the last little while as I learn how to build from source. Say thank you to the man, would ya? Thanks to @bob24260 who first introduced me to Android and rooting and all that fun stuff a long time ago, and who also took that nervous step of being the first to flash this with me.

DEV INFO

ROM: LiquidSmooth v4.0
    ROM Source: LiquidSmooth Github
    Kernel: Shift-D2 by @rogersb11

Android Version: 5.0.1
    ROM Status: Unofficial Alpha​
    ***UPDATE***

Below is linked a build I ran off last night. This is the full source from the LiquidSmooth repos. No reverts, no tweaks. As close to what an official build would look like as I can get.

A few improvements came with the latest source sync including working built in Superuser. Well, I think it's there. It is for me anyway. If it doesn't then just flash the Update SuperSU. Stock camera is still off but Open Camera working just great.

Here ya go!

https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=95857557620392290

Oh yeah, if anyone is interested, LeanKernel has a test release out for Lollipop. Running it smooth right now. Check out the thread in Original Development to grab the download.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747
    Though I would update and say that I will be running another build off, more than likely, Sunday night. I've been busy with another project that you will hopefully see the likes of very soon. But I still plan to build this at least weekly so everyone has more LP goodness to play around with. Will provide an updated post and update the OP when the build is released.

Thanks to everyone who has tried this out so far. For real, this is the first thing I ever build for this device, and I'm surprised this many people have at least given it a shot. It's much appreciated. :highfive:
    FYI: Since interest was expressed on this, tonight I'm going to run off a build that is completely from the LiquidSmooth source, without any changes to the design or anything I did in the first build. That will let those of you who want to check it out know more what it would be like if it was an official build. It will also include a few slight changes that have been merged recently.
    Good to see lots of developer supporting this aging device.