[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][Lollipop 5.1.1] CyanogenMod 12.1 for S4 Mini [3G|LTE|DUOS]

Search This thread

yousef_fj

Aug 6, 2016
updates?

are u still support the rom for Samsung Galaxy s4mini duos gt-19192? are u going to update it in the future? there are still some bugs in it tho. anyway thank you so much :)

tkontonis

Feb 16, 2014
Athens
I flashed few times this ROM, but every time I lost root access and when I try root it again I do it but without success. On recovery mod writes that all is done ie. that I have with success flashed root toolkit but when I try to check is phone rooted - is negative. I must confirm that any custom ROM of Lollipop which I flashed has same problem ie. I lose root. Now I am on Marshmallow and I have no issues with root access. Does anyone know maybe how can I fix it?
The CM Roms are rooted by default but it is deactivated. You can activate it through the developer options.

Reactions: bulldog 3085

myolgiden

Nov 22, 2016
Aydın
About cm13 auto update

Well, I've just installed cm12.1 to my I-9190. And it runs perfect. But there is update warning (which is cm13) that appears sometimes. Now I have three questions;
1-) Does that cm13 update stabil as cm12.1 do?
2-) What about battery life? Now I'm getting 3.5+ screen time with cm12.1 by f4k.
3-) How should I install cm13 update? Do I have to wipe my phone?

Sorry for bothering all of you. I'm waiting for the replies. Thank you!

Reactions: ScorpMKD

Sureshtuty

Sep 10, 2014
Thoothukudi
Well, I've just installed cm12.1 to my I-9190. And it runs perfect. But there is update warning (which is cm13) that appears sometimes. Now I have three questions;
1-) Does that cm13 update stabil as cm12.1 do?
2-) What about battery life? Now I'm getting 3.5+ screen time with cm12.1 by f4k.
3-) How should I install cm13 update? Do I have to wipe my phone?

Sorry for bothering all of you. I'm waiting for the replies. Thank you!
1- yes stable & Smooth
2- same as Cm12.1 & use Remix Kernel.
3- You can flash without wipe. Just wipe cache & dalvik cache flash cm13. But clean install is always best. I recommend you to full wipe the rom before you flash.

starter_ns

Jul 11, 2013
Novi Sad
I hope that this thread is stil active... i just instaled this rome and i have no sound on phone, notifications and ringtones are present but device gives no sound, mp3 player doesn give sound. On stock rom all works good, on cm doesnt.
Any tip / fix for that ?
I looked in all options and all is good set and still no sound....

Feb 4, 2017
I hope that this thread is stil active... i just instaled this rome and i have no sound on phone, notifications and ringtones are present but device gives no sound, mp3 player doesn give sound. On stock rom all works good, on cm doesnt.
Any tip / fix for that ?
I looked in all options and all is good set and still no sound....

Have you install it for your specific device, gt-i9190, gt-i9192 and gt-i9195 aren't the same devices.

Reactions: HemanthJabalpuri
Feb 4, 2017
Yes, i did, gt-i9195.
the thing is cant get back to stock and i dont know what to do to get sound and today calling started fc...:confused:

Well, if you want to get back to your previous ROM (stock or custom) you had to made a NANDroid backup. As I know, is the only way to to that.
A NANDroid backup is a fully copy of your internal storage. You can make it through the recovery.

If the calls started functioning, I think you need to do is a clean flash. That seems weird, but "maybe" a clean flash would resolve that.

csendre

Aug 30, 2013
Burlington
Yes, i did, gt-i9195.
the thing is cant get back to stock and i dont know what to do to get sound and today calling started fc...:confused:
First of all, why did you think it is a good idea to flash a ROM which wasn't updated since 2015?? How did you even find it?

Do this:
- make sure you have the latest TWRP recovery flashed. If not get it and flash it from this thread Make sure you get the correct version for your device
- boot into recovery, select wipe, then go to the advanced wipe option and wipe: Dalvik/ART cache, Cache, Data and System
- Flash Lineage 14.1 (this is the new name of CM) from this thread

If you want to go back to stock, you will have to download a stock ROM from sammobile and flash it with Odin but you will still have to wipe data and cache before you do this

Last edited:

starter_ns

Jul 11, 2013
Novi Sad
First of all, why did you think it is a good idea to flash a ROM which wasn't updated since 2015?? How did you even find it?

Do this:
- make sure you have the latest TWRP recovery flashed. If not get it and flash it from this thread Make sure you get the correct version for your device
- boot into recovery, select wipe, then go to the advanced wipe option and wipe: Dalvik/ART cache, Cache, Data and System

If you want to go back to stock, you will have to download a stock ROM from sammobile and flash it with Odin but you will still have to wipe data and cache before you do this

I wasnt able to respond aerlier ... sorry...
Im trying now your method and i hope it will work :)
I know i made mistake flashing it and not makeing nan backup... first time i done somethnig like this... usualy i backuo all that i do when im bored... :)
I tryed to do complete wipe of all data system and downloaded official sw for i9195 but im geting error from odin after few seconds and phone turns on with yellow triangle and message phone emergancy recovery fail. Then i have to flash new recover to be able to enter download mode.
So i falow your steps and when i download lineage i try and get beck to inform.
Ty all for helping me.

starter_ns

Jul 11, 2013
Novi Sad

Do this:

So i didi what u told me to...
after wiping all and starting instalation i got error saying its not for this model of phone and i had to download i9190 version and it worked.
So its little bit confusing for me, on back of my phone it sayes model : GT-I9195 FCC iD : A3LGTI9195 SSN : -I9195GSMH but instalation for that model wont isntal with message to instal lineage-14.1-20170211-UNOFFICIAL-"serrano3gxx" version for I9190.... So rom is good for now, battery is draining fast but atleast phone i working fast as never before and everything is working better then it was before i bricked it...

Thanks so much for provided help and saving my phone. ( past 5 dayes i gave it to some repair shops and 4 of them returned my phone with explanation its hardware issue and cant be repaird... So i asume they have no idea what to do xD. .. With your help i fix it for like 15 min :good: )

Any idea should i go back to stock or any stable rom as this one ? ( this one need so little to be perfect, cant edit how many home screens i have and fast drain battery is hard for me, need it atleast 16h be able to make calls and use wifi and it doesnt last so much )
Again THANKS SO MUCH FOR HELP AND YOUR TIME. :eek: :)

csendre

Aug 30, 2013
Burlington
So i didi what u told me to...
after wiping all and starting instalation i got error saying its not for this model of phone and i had to download i9190 version and it worked.
So its little bit confusing for me, on back of my phone it sayes model : GT-I9195 FCC iD : A3LGTI9195 SSN : -I9195GSMH but instalation for that model wont isntal with message to instal lineage-14.1-20170211-UNOFFICIAL-"serrano3gxx" version for I9190.... So rom is good for now, battery is draining fast but atleast phone i working fast as never before and everything is working better then it was before i bricked it...

Thanks so much for provided help and saving my phone. ( past 5 dayes i gave it to some repair shops and 4 of them returned my phone with explanation its hardware issue and cant be repaird... So i asume they have no idea what to do xD. .. With your help i fix it for like 15 min :good: )

Any idea should i go back to stock or any stable rom as this one ? ( this one need so little to be perfect, cant edit how many home screens i have and fast drain battery is hard for me, need it atleast 16h be able to make calls and use wifi and it doesnt last so much )
Again THANKS SO MUCH FOR HELP AND YOUR TIME. :eek: :)
You have downloaded the wrong ROM, this is why TWRP didn't let you install, then you solved it by also downloading and flashing the wrong TWRP. I am surprised you even have signal, that ROM is not for your phone.

Download and flash TWRP for the 9195 then download and flash a Lineage or other ROM for the serranoltexx (a.k.a. GT-I9195)

Reactions: starter_ns

starter_ns

Jul 11, 2013
Novi Sad
You have downloaded the wrong ROM, this is why TWRP didn't let you install, then you solved it by also downloading and flashing the wrong TWRP. I am surprised you even have signal, that ROM is not for your phone.

Download and flash TWRP for the 9195 then download and flash a Lineage or other ROM for the serranoltexx (a.k.a. GT-I9195)

I tried that and same eror twrp starts instal and stops with same error "flashing wrong file use serrano3gxx "
ill try again if u say so
custom TWRP v3.0.3-0 NOUGAT testing for S4 mini (LTE variant AKA GT-I9195) | STABLE (2016-12-24) :
=> Odin | recovery
GT-I9195 (serranoltexx): lineage-14.1-20170211-UNOFFICIAL-serranoltexx.zip => this one gets me error
GT-I9190 (serrano3gxx): lineage-14.1-20170211-UNOFFICIAL-serrano3gxx.zip => this one instals
so again ill try, need to recharg phone cous its now 4% and ill get back to report

csendre

Aug 30, 2013
Burlington
I tried that and same eror twrp starts instal and stops with same error "flashing wrong file use serrano3gxx "
ill try again if u say so
custom TWRP v3.0.3-0 NOUGAT testing for S4 mini (LTE variant AKA GT-I9195) | STABLE (2016-12-24) :
=> Odin | recovery
GT-I9195 (serranoltexx): lineage-14.1-20170211-UNOFFICIAL-serranoltexx.zip => this one gets me error
GT-I9190 (serrano3gxx): lineage-14.1-20170211-UNOFFICIAL-serrano3gxx.zip => this one instals
so again ill try, need to recharg phone cous its now 4% and ill get back to report
Again, TWRP and ROM BOTH have to be for serranoltexx (9195)

Reactions: starter_ns

snoopy20

Jul 21, 2008
Man I need 5.1 for supporting an old app but the sound doesn't work in any of them. Anyone know a fix?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    logo-cid.png

16m96w.jpg

WARNING! Unofficial ROMs for the Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini (GT-I9190, GT-I9192 and GT-I9195 variants only!)

CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 5.1.1 (Lollipop), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
     */
    CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit our Gerrit Code Review. Your changelog is whatever was merged into gerrit.

Downloads
    CM12.1
    GT-I9190
    GT-I9192
    GT-I9195

CM12
    GT-I9190
    GT-I9195

OpenGAppshttp://opengapps.org/ 5.0.2 and 5.1
    GAPPS 5.1(Minimal Edition)

Installation

3-button-combo = "Volume Up" + "Home" + "Power"

- First time flashing CM12 to your Galaxy S4 Mini (or coming from TouchWiz/Stock Based ROMs)?
    1. Install a Custom Recovery (CWM, TWRP, Philz Touch)
    2. Reboot into Recovery using 3-button-combo
    3. Do a Nandroid Backup!
    4. WIPE (wipe data/factory reset + wipe cache partition + format /system partition)
    5. Install the ROM from internal/external sdcard using the Custom Recovery that you've installed (CWM, TWRP, Philz Touch)
    6. Optionally install Google Apps
    7. Done! You can now reboot the phone to enjoy the rom
    - Upgrading from Official CM10.2/CM11?
    1. Reboot into Recovery using 3-button-combo
    2. Do a Nandroid Backup!
    3. WIPE (wipe data/factory reset + wipe cache partition + format /system partition)
    4. Install the ROM from internal/external sdcard using the Custom Recovery that you've installed (CWM, TWRP, Philz Touch)
    5. Optionally install Google Apps
    6. Done! You can now reboot the phone to enjoy the rom
    - Upgrading from another build of CM12?
    1. Reboot into Recovery using 3-button-combo
    2. Install the ROM from internal/external sdcard using the Custom Recovery that you've installed (CWM, TWRP, Philz Touch)
    3. Optionally install Google Apps
    4. WIPE Dalvik/ART Cache (wipe cache partition + wipe dalvik cache)
    5. Done! You can now reboot the phone to enjoy the rom

Main differences between Official ROM and this one
    • Compiled using -O3 optimizations
    • Compiled using Linaro 4.8.3 toolchain
    • Custom system animations available
    • Screen Recording feature added
    • Posibility to add Weather widget on Lockscreen
    • Custom colors on Lockscreen
    • Date customizations on Statusbar
    • Dotted Circle Battery added
    • Posibility to hide SuperSu icon on Statusbar
    • Traffic Meter on StatusBar
    • Smart Pulldown available
    • Four tiles per Row posibility
    • Wakelock Blocker
    • Customize QS Tiles: option to change icon colors, background colors and text colors.
    • Customize Expanded Header: option to change icon colors, background colors and text colors.
    • Added option to enable Task Manager on Expanded Header.
    • Longclick actions added on Expanded Header options.
    • Lockscreen blur and see through.

What works?
    • GPS
    • Wi-Fi
    • Bluetooth
    • RIL (Calls, SMS, Mobile Data)
    • Sensors
    • Camera
    • Audio
    • FM

Known Issues
    • To be updated...

Changelog only on Gerrit Code Review.

WIKI

Credits
    - Google
    - AICP Team
    - CyanogenMod Team
    - EuphoriaOS Team
    - Slim Team
    - @arco68 thanks to this guy we have a proper support on our devices.
    Well, I'm closing this thread now that CM12 will roll out very soon and 'cause @arco68 should create an Official thread for CM12.

Thanks so much to all you guys, I'll still building private builds for my personal use :)
    Screenshots

Screenshot_2015-03-25-18-04-36.png
    Screenshot_2015-03-25-18-04-57.png
    Screenshot_2015-03-25-18-05-19.png

Screenshot_2015-03-25-18-05-39.png
    Screenshot_2015-03-25-18-06-02.png
    Screenshot_2015-03-25-18-06-11.png
    New builds online!

Merry Christmas to all of you!
    New builds online!

Android 5.0.1

I've added Network Speed Indicator on status bar, an option to enable/disable Battery Percentage and Show Wheater on status bar header.