[ROM] [UNOFFICIAL] [LP-5.1] Cyanogenmod 12.1 for Moto X [4/4/2015]

Search This thread

Megatron007

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 10, 2013
183.87.243.173 / Mumbai
cyanogenmod-12-1-rom.jpg

CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 5.1.x (Lollipop), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
#include 
/*
 * Your warranty is now void.
 * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
 * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
 * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
 */

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github Repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit our Gerrit Code Review. Your changelog is whatever was merged into gerrit.

It Is A Test Build :D Official Nightlies Of CM 12.1 As Per The Cyanogenmod Will Start With in A Week Till Then Enjoy This Rom ;)

Downloads:
CM12.1 - Here
GAPPS for Android 5.1 ( Thanks to @dhacker29 ) - Here

How To Flash- Here

CM11 M12 Release - Here

Bugs- Same As CM12 , Camera & Flashlight Sometimes Opens Sometime Not :p But Standby Battery Bug Has Been Gone ;) SOT Time Increased ;)

All Credits To This Rom Goes To @leonardoafa He Is The Developer Of This Rom ;)

Tester - @Mainak_11

XDA:DevDB Information
[ROM] [UNOFFICIAL] [LP-5.1] Cyanogenmod 12.1 for Moto X [4/4/2015], ROM for the Moto X

Contributors
Megatron007, leonardoafa
ROM OS Version: 5.1.x Lollipop
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
Based On: 12.1

Version Information

Created 2015-04-04
Last Updated 2015-04-04

Last edited:

cammel

Jan 18, 2008
Buenos Aires
Thanks a lot for this rom! Just one question, is it still necessary to flash cm11 and let it completely boot before flashing this cm12.1 rom? Thanks in advance!

cammel

Jan 18, 2008
Buenos Aires
So, how is this rom working so far? Is ambient display working Ok? GPS? Thanks! Oh, one last question, what custom recovery do you think it's better? TWRP? Philz? Thanks in advance!

heyis4horses

Oct 3, 2010
New Philadelphia
So, how is this rom working so far? Is ambient display working Ok? GPS? Thanks! Oh, one last question, what custom recovery do you think it's better? TWRP? Philz? Thanks in advance!

Ambient display is as flawed as cm12 and I believe GPS is the same if you haven't done the fix from the other thread, but I'll test it on my way home to check
Edit: my GPS worked fine
Sent from my Moto X using XDA Free mobile app

Last edited:
Jun 6, 2013
After toggling tortch in drawer its icon dissapear and cant be toggled off, some themes not working properly. Xposed not working, camera not working, chrome is crashing but thats probably apps fault due to 5.1 android version. Other than that rom is faster with better animations and visual things. Going back to 5.0.

alltellmobile

Jan 14, 2009
VA
My camera kept messing up then after a few tries it's working flawlessly. Are you getting "can't reach camera" or something similar?

Sent from my Moto X using XDA Free mobile app

Yes that's exactly what was happening to me. Then after about 30 min. it randomly started to work.
Hey another question. Can i Reflash a 4.4.4 rom Back over this? I'm still on 30.B7

jco23

Nov 17, 2011
thanks for this, downloading now and will report back hopefully soon.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    cyanogenmod-12-1-rom.jpg

CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 5.1.x (Lollipop), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
    #include 
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github Repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit our Gerrit Code Review. Your changelog is whatever was merged into gerrit.

It Is A Test Build :D Official Nightlies Of CM 12.1 As Per The Cyanogenmod Will Start With in A Week Till Then Enjoy This Rom ;)

Downloads:
    CM12.1 - Here
    GAPPS for Android 5.1 ( Thanks to @dhacker29 ) - Here

How To Flash- Here

CM11 M12 Release - Here

Bugs- Same As CM12 , Camera & Flashlight Sometimes Opens Sometime Not :p But Standby Battery Bug Has Been Gone ;) SOT Time Increased ;)

All Credits To This Rom Goes To @leonardoafa He Is The Developer Of This Rom ;)

Tester - @Mainak_11

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM] [UNOFFICIAL] [LP-5.1] Cyanogenmod 12.1 for Moto X [4/4/2015], ROM for the Moto X

Contributors
    Megatron007, leonardoafa
    ROM OS Version: 5.1.x Lollipop
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
    Based On: 12.1

Version Information

Created 2015-04-04
    Last Updated 2015-04-04
    Hey guys, im building a new version of the ROM right now!

Last commits synced, and some workarounds for trying to fix bugs (not all of them).

So ill let you guys know when its done!

Hope we make some progress here!

:D
    Hey guys, sorry about the bugs! Ill try to fix it as soon as possible!

Also i dont own a ghost anymore, so debugging and fixing errors gets hard. So, i need reports, and logcats to work on it!

The ROM still in a very early stage, so bugs are expected. Please, be patient.

Peace mates!
    Thank you mate!