Search This thread

lxlc

Sep 11, 2019
BE3pE0l.png

Code:
*** Disclaimer
I am not responsible for any damage you made to your device
You have been warned

crDroid is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device also attempting to bringing many of the best features existent today

Features:
https://github.com/crdroidandroid/crdroid_features/blob/11.0/README.mkdn

Flashing Instructions:

Pre-installation:

First time installation:
  • Step 1: Reboot to recovery
  • Step 2: Wipe system, cache and data (internal storage too if necessary)
  • Step 3: Flash the ROM zip
  • Step 4: Flash additional files (like GApps or Magisk)
  • Step 5: Reboot and enjoy :)

Update installation:
  • Step 2: Flash the ROM zip
  • Step 3: Flash additional files (like GApps or Magisk)
  • Step 4: Reboot and enjoy :)

Sources:
ROM: https://github.com/crdroidandroid
Trees: Trees

Download:
ROM Link

Known issues:
Nothing AFAIK, please report if you have any issues

Visit official website @ crDroid.net
crDroid Community Telegram
crDroid Updates Channel
Donate to help our team pay server costs

HardStyl3r

Aug 12, 2015
Poland, Łódź
Nokia X
LG G3
I am going to be honest with you. I don't really like the way you've made G3 repos on your personal GitHub. For someone who does his own repos in such unprofessional way, I wouldn't run their builds on my phone. I assume you know how to use Git in a basic way and how to fork basing on the job you've done in crDroid OTA repo, so why delete all history and authorship everywhere else? I used to be making the same mistake just because I didn't know Git and I learned very quickly on my own mistakes. I advise you do the same.

No offense, just saying.

firebird11

Recognized Contributor
Sep 14, 2011
Gasselcity
I am going to be honest with you. I don't really like the way you've made G3 repos on your personal GitHub. For someone who does his own repos in such unprofessional way, I wouldn't run their builds on my phone. I assume you know how to use Git in a basic way and how to fork basing on the job you've done in crDroid OTA repo, so why delete all history and authorship everywhere else? I used to be making the same mistake just because I didn't know Git and I learned very quickly on my own mistakes. I advise you do the same.

No offense, just saying.
hey bro , still alive :)

• Love
Reactions: HardStyl3r

lxlc

Sep 11, 2019

No offense, just saying.
Hi, thank you for replying to my thread. I just wanted to answer your questions

1. I don't get what's the deal with having trees on a personal GitHub page. Do you mind explaining?

2. Yes, I do know how to use Git in a basic way. Thank you for explaining, I will fix it right now :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Ph3ar.

HardStyl3r

Aug 12, 2015
Poland, Łódź
Nokia X
LG G3
Hi, thank you for replying to my thread. I just wanted to answer your questions

1. I don't get what's the deal with having trees on a personal GitHub page. Do you mind explaining?

2. Yes, I do know how to use Git in a basic way. Thank you for explaining, I will fix it right now :)
There's no big deal on having trees on your personal GitHub. I also have my trees on my git. I wrote specifically, it's the way you did them. You deleted the entire history which erases authorship and necessary credits. Don't get me wrong, the trees will still work, it just looks very unprofessional.

I recently stumbled across my old VS985, the week after I found my old Note 2. I fired up the (still charged!) extended battery and that thing handles 10 great.

Just a question, since the CDMA networks are pretty much dead now, LTE ruling the day, would there be any danger to force installing this ls990 ROM? I'm currently on the last release of CR droid for the 985 (10) it looks like this ROM and Lineage are the last (?) supported ROMS. I'm guessing 12 won't come.

But still, some of the great heroes of the VS 985 are in this thread. Especially hardstyler. It's amazing that this phone from 2014 - 7 years ago(!) is running 10 and 11!

q2n

Jun 4, 2010
Thanks, @lxlc, building a ROM for the community is always appreciated. Stumbling upon this thread made me pull out both LS990s I had and do the upgrade.

On the CRdroid site, I found the latest official update was 9/14/21, roughly three weeks after your post, so used that.

These were great little phones, can't believe I'm looking at them running Android 11!

EDIT
...Actually wrote that halfway through the setup wizard; clearly the Android part was working. But, the face unlock is not!

Turns out (never paid attention before), the Internet is clogged with reports of users being unable to get past the face unlock in Android 11. (Tried several faces.) Lots of workarounds posted but none worked for me.

EDIT-2
NM! Got it to work by turning head to strange angle, sticking out tongue and making bizarre face. What a worthless POS feature! Deleting from phones now...

Last edited:
Reactions: Eternal00

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    BE3pE0l.png

Code:
    *** Disclaimer
    I am not responsible for any damage you made to your device
    You have been warned

crDroid is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device also attempting to bringing many of the best features existent today

Features:
    https://github.com/crdroidandroid/crdroid_features/blob/11.0/README.mkdn

Flashing Instructions:

Pre-installation:

First time installation:
    • Step 2: Wipe system, cache and data (internal storage too if necessary)
    • Step 3: Flash the ROM zip
    • Step 4: Flash additional files (like GApps or Magisk)
    • Step 5: Reboot and enjoy :)

Update installation:
    • Step 2: Flash the ROM zip
    • Step 3: Flash additional files (like GApps or Magisk)
    • Step 4: Reboot and enjoy :)

Sources:
    ROM: https://github.com/crdroidandroid
    Trees: Trees

Download:
    ROM Link

Known issues:
    Nothing AFAIK, please report if you have any issues

Visit official website @ crDroid.net
    crDroid Community Telegram
    crDroid Updates Channel
    Donate to help our team pay server costs
    wow, someone still having a g3 ?

No offense, just saying.

No offense, just saying.
    hey bro , still alive :)