[ROM][Unofficial][LTE][4.4.4] CyanogenMod 11.0 Nightlies for the Nexus 4 (mako)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

negroplasty

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix
DISCONTINUED
This thread will serve as a home to my UNOFFICIAL CM11.0 LTE enabled nightly builds for Nexus 4 (mako). These builds may come in nightly or less frequent flavors depending on demand or my laziness. My hope is that someone besides myself might find these useful if: a) They are using LTE and/or b) Official builds fail.

The only difference between these builds and the Official CM10.1 Nightlies is that my builds feature the cherry picks listed below.

Note:
  • You should wipe data/system/factory reset before flashing this ROM.
  • Google Apps are optional. If desired, download the latest Gapps package from the Resources section and flash immediately after ROM (fresh install only). If you are flashing over a previous build and had Official Gapps already installed, they will be preserved and do not need to be flashed again.
  • For cm-11.0 hybrid radios required (see Resources).
  • Nexus 4 Includes Support for LTE on Band 4 (AWS) only.
  • T-Mobile US users: you may also need to select the T-Mobile US LTE APN if it doesn't do so for you (if LTE is not available on first boot), otherwise it selects the non LTE APN which will prevent you from accessing data on the LTE network.
  • If you have minded the notes above, your Nexus 4 should now be LTE ready.
  • All builds are synced compiled fresh (make clobber) on a nightly basis.
  • Stable releases, which are not nightlies, added to each Downloads section. These don't have newest features that are included in nightlies (Ex. Privacy Guard).
  • CWM Recovery recommended; TWRP is also fine and is the only recovery capable of nandroid backups if you use device encryption.
  • Kernel source.
Code:
#include <std_disclaimer.h>
/*
* Your warranty is now void.
* We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
* thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
* do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
* before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
* you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
*/
Code:
#included in <build.prop>
/*
* telephony.lteOnGsmDevice=1
* ro.telephony.default_network=9
* ro.ril.def.preferred.network=9
*/
Cherry-picks:
Downloads:

Resources:

Any and all credit goes to the CyanogenMod team, I am simply compiling LTE enabled builds with their source.

Last edited:

negroplasty

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix
Test build(s) (Test builds discontinued)

MakoParts test builds

For cherry-picks, the dates listed are the first builds to contain that specific commit. Kernel source.

Cherry-picks:

Downloads:

Use at your own risk. Color calibration is also said to work with FauxDisplay, though I've not tried it personally.

Last edited:

texaswickedtoys

Dec 4, 2010
Using the .24 radio and everything seems to be working fine could you add these two lines in the next build for a more permanent lte setup
ro.telephony.default_network=9
ro.ril.def.preferred.network=9:D

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda premium

negroplasty

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix
Using the .24 radio and everything seems to be working fine could you add these two lines in the next build for a more permanent lte setup
ro.telephony.default_network=9
ro.ril.def.preferred.network=9:D

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda premium

Yeah I can add those no problem. I initially was adding those when Tmo turned on their LTE but after a while I stopped and never noticed any difference. I figured they were unnecessary. That being said, I see no harm in adding them back in there. They'll be in for the next builds.

Reactions: Rushing

N1_Fan

Oct 1, 2010
Denver
Anything else needed to enable LTE besides .33 radio and your build? I'm assuming your build basically add the lines from hippos guide.

negroplasty

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix
Anything else needed to enable LTE besides .33 radio and your build? I'm assuming your build basically add the lines from hippos guide.

Nothing else needed. Yes, those lines are included.

And exactly what kernel is being used here? Don't u need Franco kernel to even run 4g/lte?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA Premium HD app

Stock CM kernel. No you don't need a custom kernel for LTE... unless someone figured out how to make it work with the .48 baseband but I doubt it. The test build is also stock CM kernel with a small modification for color calibration and makoparts added as mentioned in the cherry-picks section of post #2.

I would recommend against using a custom kernel on the test builds since it would defeat their purpose; they were built with cherry-picks for those who want to stay on the stock kernel but want more customization options.

GalaxyNexusPH

Jun 10, 2012
Makati
Nothing else needed. Yes, those lines are included.

Stock CM kernel. No you don't need a custom kernel for LTE... unless someone figured out how to make it work with the .48 baseband but I doubt it. The test build is also stock CM kernel with a small modification for color calibration and makoparts added as mentioned in the cherry-picks section of post #2.

I would recommend against using a custom kernel on the test builds since it would defeat their purpose; they were built with cherry-picks for those who want to stay on the stock kernel but want more customization options.

Does this mean Nexus 4 work on other LTE bands now or just Band 4 (AWS)? We have band 3 here on Philippines and I'm considering buying a Galaxy S4 SVH E300 instead.

negroplasty

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix
confermed working with 33bb and this rom. Does show H+ instead of LTE, and per speed test im getting 16m down in south florida. On Tmobile Nexus 4 version......is there a way to change the icon to show L or LTE when Im in a LTE Area?

You must not be getting LTE then because it will show a 4g icon. Do a speed test (from the app) and go into the details, it will say cell or lte. Also, if you go to Settings > About phone > Status, mobile network type should say LTE:xx (mine says LTE:13 here at work). Try forcing LTE thru the dialer with code *#*#4636#*#* > Phone info > LTE only. This should let you know if it's in your area at least.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-03-26-12-13-09.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-03-26-12-13-09.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 1,875
Last edited:
Reactions: Sky2112007

emaculant29

Mar 20, 2011
You must not be getting LTE then because it will show a 4g icon. Do a speed test (from the app) and go into the details, it will say cell or lte. Also, if you go to Settings > About phone > Status, mobile network type should say LTE:xx (mine says LTE:13 here at work). Try forcing LTE thru the dialer with code *#*#4636#*#* > Phone info > LTE only. This should let you know if it's in your area at least.
......OK I will check again in that area and let u know what I get. I assume so because I was not getting 16 down before only 7-8

Jan 12, 2010
I read the the .33 baseband causes problems, like autofocus problems and other ones. How about the .24 baseband? Any problems similar to .33?

Sent from my Nexus 4

Jan 12, 2010
There is also a .27 radio. I've been reading what other users thought about it, and they said it hasn't given them problems. It also fixed the problems found in .33 supposedly

Sent from my Nexus 4

joosuas

Sep 17, 2012
When I try to dial to phone number starting 0200 my dialer crashes. Does someone have same problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts