[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][m8qlul] LineageOS 15.1 for HTC One M8s

Search This thread

niranjannpa

Apr 6, 2019
Mirrorlink Support in Lineage OS

Hi Folks,

I have a HTC One M8s and I have installed Lineage OS 15.1 in it. I do not see the support for MirrorLink in this, while the stock ROM and other older ROMs do have the support.

Can anyone confirm this?

Regards,

Niranjan P

gads1

Nov 14, 2009
hello -- great to see this Lineage build. thanks for doing. I just wanted to confirm that the following M8 "M" firmware is good and I don't see to reset and burn 4hrs of my life.
M8 running GPE
7/27/2016 - Android 6.0 - Build MRA58K.H15 - Firmware version 5.07.1700.15

thanks in adv. -GA

Skaifer

Oct 12, 2016
Hey,
Very happy with the OS. But I do have a problem, that was discussed here before, but still affects my using experience. After connecting to WiFi if it suddenly looses connection, due to router reboot or just loose of signal. Then it is not possible to connect the same network as it does not show up on list of available wifis. Have to reboot to get it work again. That is minimum one time a day I have to reboot phone, to get wifi working. On\off doesn't help.

I have a latest update, i guess. 15.1-2018.10.26.:cowboy:

Reactions: wall.e

padraigdoran

Mar 8, 2012
Hey,
Very happy with the OS. But I do have a problem, that was discussed here before, but still affects my using experience. After connecting to WiFi if it suddenly looses connection, due to router reboot or just loose of signal. Then it is not possible to connect the same network as it does not show up on list of available wifis. Have to reboot to get it work again. That is minimum one time a day I have to reboot phone, to get wifi working. On\off doesn't help.

I have a latest update, i guess. 15.1-2018.10.26.:cowboy:

My girlfriend reports the same behaviour.

Reactions: wall.e

padraigdoran

Mar 8, 2012
I can't get into bootloader or recovery. Software ways (advanced restart, Magisk) are ignored and just skips to regulate reboot.

My volume keys don't work (physically broken maybe)

Any idea why the USB data is not working? Cable is fine, charging is fine. Even changed the physical port too. Anyway, can't USB connect for data purposes. Multiple computers tried. All other phones are fine.

I can connect ADB over Wi-Fi, but adb reboot recovery or bootloader just reboots like normal.

[email protected]

Feb 14, 2020
Hi

What is needed to fix wifi hotspot? It is matter of patching recompiling kernel/ compiling some drivers and ROM upgrade or just shell scripting on OS level (ip, iptables, itp) is enough? I am pretty new to Android but advanced linux admin. When I switch hotspot on in settings menu is there any event triggered on OS level that could be catch by some shell script, like its happen for example in case of acpi events in linux? Or mybe Android allow to register some shell listener (among working processes I can see something like servicemanager (?)). I will be grateful for any hints where to look for.

--
regards
Paweł Suwiński

Last edited:

Chti73

Apr 30, 2020
Hello !

Please excuse me for my poor college learnt english :eek:

Is there any chance we can hope a newer LineageOS version could be disclosed in close future (LineageOS 17 or next one) for our M8s (m8ql_ul version) ?

I hope we can obtain a much "modern" Android version, even if I enjoy LineageOS 15.1 which is outdated (10.2018).

Many thanks to the developers who help us so much !!

elvis2020

May 19, 2020
Low volume on mobile calls via loud speaker and headset speaker

Hi,

Can somebody point myself in the right direction.

After coming from AICP 13.1 ROM to Lineageos 15.1 i am still having an issue with low call volume. playing media files and whatsapp calls are fine but normal mobile calls have poor volume on upper earpiece speaker and loud speaker.

Having looked though the forum threads, i still can not find the answer.
Is the correct settings changed in the mixer paths.xml ??? if they are which setting is it???
Thanks

Last edited:

therob2

Jun 17, 2020
Is there any chance, that the official LineageOS 16.0 or 17.1 for M8 could work with M8S - I don't think so, but anyway want to ask (instead of blind trying).

And same question as @Chti73: porting the inofficial 15.1 build to 16/17.1+ - are there any work going on in this matter and how are the chances that it will happen?
Would be nice to have some insight about these plans/work.... thanks!

Last edited:

runswithascript

Sep 23, 2012
Dublin
Is there any chance, that the official LineageOS 16.0 or 17.1 for M8 could work with M8S - I don't think so, but anyway want to ask (instead of blind trying).

And same question as @Chti73: porting the inofficial 15.1 build to 16/17.1+ - are there any work going on in this matter and how are the chances that it will happen?
Would be nice to have some insight about these plans/work.... thanks!

I echo this query.

Also, in the interim, is there anyway that we could manually update the security patch ourselves?

runswithascript

Sep 23, 2012
Dublin
I have encountered an issue where audio seems to work fine on normal calls, WhatsApp calls, and in video, but in WhatsApp (and Messenger) video calls although I can hear and see the other person they can see me but cannot hear me.

All permissions for WhatsApp are enabled. I cleared data, uninstalled, rebooted, and then reinstalled but observed the same issue.

Is there anything else worth trying?

Last edited:

snurbnacnud

Aug 16, 2012
I dug my old M8S out of a drawer, and was sucessfull installing TWRP. Tried to sideload the rom, but am unable to. Can anyone assist me with this?

In TWRP under Advanced > ADB Sideload I see:
Updating partition details...
...done
Fule SELinux support is present.
Starting ADB sideload feature...

When I run adb devices from the command prompt it sometime shows my device as unauthorized, sometimes doesn't show up at all.

When I am able to sideload the rom file, I get these messages:

Could this be caused because I have multiple versions of adb on my laptop?

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 8.1.0 (Oreo), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>

/*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
     */

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for Lineage OS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to Lineage OS, please visit our Gerrit Code Review. Your changelog is whatever was merged into gerrit.

NOTE: This build is unofficial, don't report bugs to the official LineageOS bug tracker.

HOW TO FLASH
    • Download the ROM from here
    • Download GAPPS from here
    • Install TWRP recovery from this thread
    • Boot to recovery
    • Wipe Data/Factory reset
    • Flash LineageOS
    • Flash GAPPS
    • Wipe Cache/Dalvik
    • Boot to system

What works
    • Audio
    • Camera
    • RIL (calls, sms, etc)
    • GPS
    • Bluetooth
    • WiFi
    • Everything else not listed below

What doesn't work
    • HDR
    • WiFi Hotspot
    • Wireless display

Before asking any question read the FAQ below :cowboy:

Big thanks to @voidzero for letting me use his server to build and for the initial device tree :cowboy:

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM][UNOFFICIAL][m8qlul] LineageOS 15.1 for HTC One M8s, ROM for the HTC One (M8)

Contributors
    root-expert, voidzero
    Source Code: https://github.com/M8s-dev/

ROM OS Version: 8.x Oreo
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
    ROM Firmware Required: M firmware base

Version Information
    Beta Release Date: 2018-06-18

Created 2018-06-18
    Last Updated 2018-10-27
    New build is up!

Changelog
    Code:
    * August/September/October ASB merged
    * Use sdFAT instead of exFAT
    * Reduce GPS fix time
    * Increased speaker volume
    * Increased microphone volume
    * Increased upper earpiece volume when in-call
    * Enabled HDR
    * Fixed wakelock

Hello all, I just uploaded the new build in the server. Some words about some changes.
    1) GPS fix time dramatically reduced to 0-5 seconds.
    2) HDR is enabled in this build because it is kinda fixed. I need some feedback on this. When I take a picture with HDR enabled it seems that the picture is overexposed. This is currently Work In Progress, any feedback is much appreciated.
    3) A terrible wakelock existed in previous build which caused the battery to drain fast when Mobile Data were enabled. This is fixed in this build.
    4) From this build the ROM will not be pre-rooted. You have to either flash the su add-on from https://download.lineageos.org/extras or flash Magisk.
    5) Lastly, I increased the volume in various things. I had seen some reports that the mic reception was low so I decided to increase some volumes. Please consider leaving a feedback.

Also, in the next few days I'll start working on Android Pie for this phone, so hopefully we will soon have a Pie build for this phone!

As you expected you can grab the build from src.voidzero.net. :cowboy:

If someone wants he can donate to me via PayPal. It will help me cover some running costs. It's optional though ;)

-Chris :cool:
    New build is up!

Changelog
    Code:
    * Instagram videos fixed

Thanks @Claymore1297 for finding the fix and @htc_one_mini_m4 for testing!
    If you are coming from CM12.1 (Just like I did) then follow these steps
    NOTE: If you do not follow these steps, your final Oreo ROM (LOS 15) will crash, you'll suffer randoms reboots and instability problems due to incompatible radio / HTC firmware. This whole update process to Stock 6.0 can take up to 4 hours! So make sure you have the time to do everything correctly, don't cut corners.
    I suffered

1. Create a full backup of your ROM using TWRP (v2.8 or v3.0.2.0), Copy your INTERNAL STORAGE and SD Card contents to PC .

During the upgrade from "CM12.1 > 5.0.1 Stock > 6 Stock > LOS 15" you WILL lose your internal data! (because of bootloader relock & unlock again)

2. Relock your bootloader; (Make sure you are using the htc_fastboot.exe)
    1. Turn off phone
    2. Go into bootloader (Hold down VOL DOWN+Power button
    3. Connect USB and enter Fastboot (Should show as FASTBOOT USB)
    4. Open commandprompt;
      Code:
      htc_fastboot oem lock
    The phone should restart and show up as ***RELOCKED***

3. Get your matching RUU from https://ruu.lalleman.net/HTC_M8S(QL_UL)/

If you dont know which RUU to get, follow this thread; https://forum.xda-developers.com/ht...lp-thread-htc-one-m8s-to-stock-howto-t3190238 (M8sQL_UL > Firmware (Expert)>Firmware Crypted (Original HTC))

If you get the "Device halted due to Large Image update fail" error during installation, just try another RUU - but make sure it matches your CID.
    I got it working using a "signed" version. The "combined-signed" version did not work for me. Your mileage may very.

4. In Android Stock (5.0.1), continue the setup and after that go to: Settings > Software updates (At the bottom) > Check for updates
    1. At first I only got 2 APP updates: "HTC Sense" and some other app (cant remember). Update both apps and reboot.
    2. After a reboot check again for updates. Now you get a ~400Mb update. Download and install.
    3. After the first update check again for updates. Now you get a ~1.23Gb update (Update to Marshmallow, Part 1 of 2). Download and install.
    4. After that check again, and now you'll get a ~700Mb update (Update to Marshmallow, Part 2 of 2.)

That's it for going back to the most recent stock version. You now have Android 6.0 Stock running.

To install TWRP (if you want to flash LOS 15)

1. Unlock your bootloader again.

Go to https://www.htcdev.com/bootloader/ and follow the instructions.

2. Flash TWRP.

Code:
    htc_fastboot flash recovery twrp-recovery-image-name-and-version.img

After that:

1. Wipe Cache/Dalvik, Data and System
    2. Install LOS15
    3. Wipe Dalvik again
    4. Flash Gapps
    5. Wipe Dalvik
    6. Boot
    7. Say thank you to @root-expert for keeping this phone alive with the development and @voidzero for providing the build-environment / mirrors

- Jeroen
    New build up!
    Headphones microphone is now fixed.

Grab it as usual from here

-Chris