[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][matisse][millet] crDroid 7.39

Search This thread

IamTheBRAVE

for battery problem, IMHO I think is a bug on crDroid..
I've resumed a matisselte SM-T535 with crDroid 2.2 which have the same problem.. percentage battery works fine when up to 50% more or less, then collapse to 1%...
this evening I'll update tablet with version 7.12 downloaded here and I can send some feedback (y)
I've had that battery problem with my T531 for years now. Started around android 7 and happening on all custom roms. Battery % is reported incorrectly. Sometimes tab just powers off unexpectedly around 50%. Capacity (mAh) is still there. Recharging leads to overcharge.
I found the only way when it powers off, is to reboot into recovery. It shows actual battery percent (it needs to be unplugged before it finish loading) If it shows battery is empty, you can charge it for 5% or so. Unplg and reboot. It should stay the same. Then you can continue charge in system.
Hope i explained it well...

crazydrive22

battery problem still here.. I'm trying to investigate..
but I have a big problem using Magisk and LSposed, roms have incorrect SELinux rules that cause Riru not load correctly.. here more info with probabily fix: Riru repo
About the battery:
I've also faced a dropping but never from 50%.
I'll ask the crDroid-Devs.

About Riru:
I asked @matteo0026, who is managing the Device Sources. He told me, that this rule
(allow init system_file:dir relabelfrom)
isn't defined in our sources.

BoGnY

Aug 29, 2014
Treviso
Samsung Galaxy Tab 4
OnePlus 6T
I've had that battery problem with my T531 for years now. Started around android 7 and happening on all custom roms. Battery % is reported incorrectly. Sometimes tab just powers off unexpectedly around 50%. Capacity (mAh) is still there. Recharging leads to overcharge.
I found the only way when it powers off, is to reboot into recovery. It shows actual battery percent (it needs to be unplugged before it finish loading) If it shows battery is empty, you can charge it for 5% or so. Unplg and reboot. It should stay the same. Then you can continue charge in system.
Hope i explained it well...
yes, I've tested more roms yesterday, crDroid, Dirty Unicorns, LineageOS, with Android version 6 up to 11... Starting from Android 7 battery % is displayed incorrectly... maybe a bug on kernel source?

About the battery:
I've also faced a dropping but never from 50%.
I'll ask the crDroid-Devs.

About Riru:
I asked @matteo0026, who is managing the Device Sources. He told me, that this rule
(allow init system_file:dir relabelfrom)
isn't defined in our sources.
it's strange, but after some reboot Riru start working corrrectly 🤷‍♂️:ROFLMAO:

jirido

Dec 3, 2021
Suomi
Hi I just installed and now it works fine. I do not know if it is crDroid or the gapps but I was forced to do some face recognition.. that was a bit traumatic and felt enforced as it not let me skip but just threw me back to gsettings over and over again. Maybe it was because I chose gapps nano and not pico. Also after whipng my /data I had no /data/data and had to format to ext2 and back to ext4 again to get /data populated.. That was a bit scary for me but it probably was my own fault also. Thanks

crazydrive22

Hi I just installed and now it works fine. I do not know if it is crDroid or the gapps but I was forced to do some face recognition.. that was a bit traumatic and felt enforced as it not let me skip but just threw me back to gsettings over and over again. Maybe it was because I chose gapps nano and not pico. Also after whipng my /data I had no /data/data and had to format to ext2 and back to ext4 again to get /data populated.. That was a bit scary for me but it probably was my own fault also. Thanks
Ah yes, Face recognition is a little buggy bc of the bad camera. You need propper light to get your Face scanned correctly. Formating /data is the best thing to do before the installation of a new ROM. You cannot damage the tablet with it but all your Data is gone, of course. A full and actual backup would be a good idea.

Exepan95

Dec 4, 2020
Ukraine
vk.com
I can't download anything the error gives out
Безымянный.png

vitosulla

Jan 28, 2019
Hi crazydrive22, thanks again for the great job.
I installed the new ROM with Gapps nano.
Google Play Services won't install me updates with memory full error. I have 6.9 GB available. I have already tried cleaning cache and data but to no avail.
Really strange ...

Nebuzaradan70

Mar 6, 2021
Google Play Services won't install me updates with memory full error. I have 6.9 GB available. I have already tried cleaning cache and data but to no avail.
Really strange ...
I confirm the same problem of blocking Play Services updates for full memory

crazydrive22

Really strange ...

I confirm the same problem of blocking Play Services updates for full memory
:oops: Dafuq?
I don't have that issue.
Please try to do a clean install and restore /data only, after you have booted it once.
Maybe this happend while dirty flashing
If it's not working, try a different GAPPS-Package to sort it out.
What Devices do you use?

Nebuzaradan70

Mar 6, 2021
:oops: Dafuq?
I don't have that issue.
Please try to do a clean install and restore /data only, after you have booted it once.
Maybe this happend while dirty flashing
If it's not working, try a different GAPPS-Package to sort it out.
What Devices do you use?
Device: millet
I've already done everything you wrote before posting and twice.
I could at most try to use Gapp pico ...

Nebuzaradan70

Mar 6, 2021
Reinstalled the ROM from scratch, I used Gapps Pico. Every problem solved.
The problem would appear to be somehow related to the Gapps Nano / Mini

redL1nE_87

Feb 10, 2008
Hello everyone, I tried all firmware on 10-11, there is a problem with LiveDisplay everywhere, it stops working after turning off/on the screen, you have to activate it again in the settings. Reading mode does not work at all.Does anyone have these issues?

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

crDroid is a LineageOS-based CustomRom.
    This one is based on LOS 18.1.
    Special Thanks to matteo0026, who is maintaining the device sources and TWRP.

Disclaimer
    I am not responsible for lost data, identity theft, lost money, security vulnerabilities, bricked devices or any other hardware or software malfunctions or a nuclear war that comes as a result of flashing this ROM. Please make also be sure that you have always a full backup ready. Best to use: Nandroid Backup via TWRP

Installation instructions :
    • Be sure to have installed the latest TWRP recovery (you can find it in downloads)
    • Download the latest build and GApps (ARM, 9.0, I advice pico package) and copy it to your external SD-Card
    • Make a full Backup of your Data and copy it to your external SD-Card or USB-OTG
    • Boot to recovery mode
    • Wipe > Advanced wipe > Select system, data, cache and dalvik/art cache (and, if you want to clean more, select even internal storage, which deletes all the content in /sdcard) and do swipe to wipe. Format /data. When it's finished go to home page
    • Install > select ROM zip file > swipe to flash and when it's finished go to home page
    • Do the same thing to flash GApps and Root (if needed)
    • Reboot > System
    Update instructions :
    • Be sure to have installed latest TWRP build
    • Download the latest build
    • Boot to recovery mode
    • Install > select ROM zip file > swipe to flash and, when it's finished go to home page
    • Reboot > System
    Known issues :
    • Maybe Mirrr Screen is broken
    • Maybe Uplink to Chromecast not working
    Downloads :
    Other Stuff
    Contributors:
    crazydrive22, matteo0026 and all the S3NEO devs that provided the base for developing Pie on Tab 4

Source Code:

Thread started at 2021-06-13
    Thread updated at 2022-06-15
    Well, well, well!

Finally all new Builds are updated und uploaded.

There could be an error with casting to Chromecast.
    If you have a Chromecast please try it and give me a short Feedback. Thx.

Changelog:
    -July Security Patch
    -updated to crDroid 7.8
    -synced with LOS-Source
    -some changes under the Hood by @matteo0026
    New Builds with July Security Patch are up.
    Heck me! Now crDroid updated to 7.8, after i am done with my monthly builds. :/

Well, i'll update my builds, too and give you a ping as soon as they're ready.
    hey thanks to the dev for this rom! gave this old tablet new lease on life... i just flashed on the 10 inch tablet wifi only model. seems to be working great.

cameras both work, but the first time i tried taking a pic with rear cam, it acted like it took a pic, but did not. on second attempt, it worked as expected. forward facing cam did fine on first try.

i have a 128gb card in the slot, which is fully recognized.

just so people know, google apps are NOT preinstalled, as mentioned above, grab a gapps pack if you want google bloatware installed.

i havent had a chance to stress test or try advanced features yet, but so far, very nice rom. many thanks.

on 2021-06-22 ....

Samsung Tab 4 10.1, SM-T530, wifi-only tablet (matissewifi)
    running TWRP v 3.4.0-32
    downloaded rom zip onto the sd card (crDroid 7.7)
    booted to twrp (home + vol up to enter recovery)
    wiped system, data, caches (not internal storage or external storage tho)
    flashed the rom from SD card
    went home on twrp and rebooted the system
    took a few minutes to get going, but once it did, was finished booting in about 10 minutes or so.
    as usual, allowed it to "settle" for a few more minutes after fully booted

my hopes were to be able to debloat and update the OS, and use the device as an E-Reader, but this rom seems to be so smooth, i may be able to use this old tablet for much more than just reading books.

im glad to see people still developing custom roms for android devices. the ability to de-google a device is more important than ever, given the times we find ourselves in. when i get some extra money in, i intend to buy the dev a beer. cheers.