• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][matisse][millet] CypherOS 11 [Beta]

Search This thread

crazydrive22

3vjolGj.png

This is Cypher. An extension to pure Android. Cypher tries maintain the purity of Android while offering useful features for users. The goal is to give the highest level of performance whilst achieving Simplicity.​

Code:
/*
* Your warranty is now void.
* We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
* thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
* do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
* before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
* you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
*/

Get your builds and changelog from our website
get.cypheros.co

Note: Builds are updated as soon as possible. There is no build cycle. Information pertaining to your device is displayed Accordingly. The current build is the latest for your device. If your device is scheduled to release on a certain day, but the new build isn't displaying, contact your device maintainer for more information but wait at least 72 h. Please know builds are updated by 12am EST.

Special Thanks to matteo0026, who is maintaining the device sources and TWRP.

Become apart of our G+ community - JOIN

REMINDER

If you're having issues and want to submit a report (Logcat) please make sure you are reporting from the stock kernel, not a modified kernel. Modified kernels can break or fix, even improve things. It depends. I can't get a full clue of the issue when you're not running the original kernel.

Features:
- Status bar Customization
  • - Changeable icons
  • - Quick pulldown
  • - Smart pulldown
  • - Notification count
  • - Clock position
  • - Seconds in clock
  • - Date design
- Quick Settings
  • - Brightness slider
  • - Brightness icon
  • - Tile tap customization
- System
  • - Screenshot partial and full
  • - Scrolling cache customization
  • - Power menu customization
  • - One-handed mode

Credits
LineageOS
AICP
PureNexus
AOKP
Dirty Unicorns
Paranoid Android
and more..

Installation instructions :
  • Be sure to have installed the latest TWRP recovery (you can find it in downloads)
  • Download the latest build and GApps (ARM, 9.0, I advice pico package) and copy it to your external SD-Card
  • Make a full Backup of your Data and copy it to your external SD-Card or USB-OTG
  • Boot to recovery mode
  • Wipe > Advanced wipe > Select system, data, cache and dalvik/art cache (and, if you want to clean more, select even internal storage, which deletes all the content in /sdcard) and do swipe to wipe. Format /data. When it's finished go to home page
  • Install > select ROM zip file > swipe to flash and when it's finished go to home page
  • Do the same thing to flash GApps and Root (if needed)
  • Reboot > System
Update instructions :
  • Be sure to have installed latest TWRP build
  • Download the latest build
  • Boot to recovery mode
  • Install > select ROM zip file > swipe to flash and, when it's finished go to home page
  • Reboot > System
Known issues
  • This ROM is [BETA] atm, but if you find anything, please tell me
  • SIM is not working for 3G-Variants (no fix so far)
  • Maybe Uplink to Chromecast not working
Downloads (ROM)
Other Stuff
Contributors:
crazydrive22, matteo0026 and all the S3NEO devs that provided the base for developing Pie on Tab 4

Source Code:

Thread started at 2021-09-24
Thread updated at 2021-09-24

Last edited:
Reactions: ChachiKeSi
Wonderful rom sir. My first issue is that Im not able to sign into playstore when or get past "Getting tablet ready" it always says "Couldnt connect" Not sure if its the rom or the gapps but im using opengapps. Anyway, thank you so much for the hard work that you have done with this rom. Extremely impressed. Thank you so much and looking forward to see more of your work.

crazydrive22

Wonderful rom sir. My first issue is that Im not able to sign into playstore when or get past "Getting tablet ready" it always says "Couldnt connect" Not sure if its the rom or the gapps but im using opengapps. Anyway, thank you so much for the hard work that you have done with this rom. Extremely impressed. Thank you so much and looking forward to see more of your work.
Are you sure Wifi is connected?
If yes, try a different package of Gapps or try to restore a older backup (/data only) from a different ROM, if you have. Also be aware, that our tablets cannot connect to Routers with WPA3.
This will be fixed in one of the next builds.

Are you sure Wifi is connected?
If yes, try a different package of Gapps or try to restore a older backup (/data only) from a different ROM, if you have. Also be aware, that our tablets cannot connect to Routers with WPA3.
This will be fixed in one of the next builds.
I tested mindthegapps from this link https://www.cyanogenmods.org/downloads/mindthegapps-11-0-download/ its letting me setup, so it just opengapps that is the issue. Will share more later

crazydrive22

logcat and kernel logs. Also, the button for the camera is so low on the screen its cut off. I tried to make a phone call earlier, but it would just end the call immediately. Im able to get on the internet with 4G though
Hi. I´ve tested the Issues you mentioned.

The Camera App seems to be broken or has a wrong resolution. That´s nothing i can fix but i´ll report it to the devs. As a workaround install Open Camera. This App is working normal.

I tested phonecalls (in and out) with 4G and Edge. Both are working for me.
Maybe there´s an issue with your local provider. If the problem persists, i would suggest to dl ROM and Gapps again (maybe a file is corrupted), delete your ROM in TWRP + format /data and do a clean install of both, ROM and Gapps. Often this will fix those errors.

Your logcat is looking not too bad except a crash of firebase, what definetly could cause the trouble. But we´ll see it, if you´ve done a clean and fresh installation.

Utherbone

Mar 28, 2018
Hi, I got the SM-T531 tablet and I'm going to download this ROM and see how it behaves I will do all the possible tests I can do, to contribute. There's no way the 3g works right, just connections right?

crazydrive22

Hi, I got the SM-T531 tablet and I'm going to download this ROM and see how it behaves I will do all the possible tests I can do, to contribute. There's no way the 3g works right, just connections right?
Yes, unfortunately 3g isn't working at any ROM from 9 to 11.
Matteo is working on it but with no success so far.

Reactions: Utherbone

Utherbone

Mar 28, 2018
Hi @crazydrive22 . I'll take the opportunity and ask you a question of mine. I'm having trouble flashing any SM-T531 compatible roms. I will list the steps I followed.

1 - Flasing twrp with heimdall. At first I tried here: https://twrp.me/samsung/samsunggalaxytab4101.html but ta off the link there.
I downloaded it here on the XDA forum: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/recovery-3-5-2_9-unified-matisse-millet-twrp-recovery.4019831/ ;

2 - full wipe and format;

3 - Flashing this rom (with or without gapps) Resulting: Loop in Samsung logo or should I wait too long?

Thanks for working.

crazydrive22

Hi @crazydrive22 . I'll take the opportunity and ask you a question of mine. I'm having trouble flashing any SM-T531 compatible roms. I will list the steps I followed.

1 - Flasing twrp with heimdall. At first I tried here: https://twrp.me/samsung/samsunggalaxytab4101.html but ta off the link there.
I downloaded it here on the XDA forum: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/recovery-3-5-2_9-unified-matisse-millet-twrp-recovery.4019831/ ;

2 - full wipe and format;

3 - Flashing this rom (with or without gapps) Resulting: Loop in Samsung logo or should I wait too long?

Thanks for working.
Hi.

First boot can take a lot of time. If it's not booting i would suggest to flash Stock 5.0.2 and start again from scratch. It's nescessary to had 5.0.2 installed once to make sure, that the Bootloader is updated. The Bootloader from KitKat (4.x) is not working with LineageOS 9 or newer and it's forks like crDroid or Cypher. The TWRP from Matteo is good, it's the lastest one and working well. But i can't tell you anything about Heimdall. I'm using Odin only to flash Stock or TWRP.

Reactions: Utherbone

Utherbone

Mar 28, 2018
Hi.

First boot can take a lot of time. If it's not booting i would suggest to flash Stock 5.0.2 and start again from scratch. It's nescessary to had 5.0.2 installed once to make sure, that the Bootloader is updated. The Bootloader from KitKat (4.x) is not working with LineageOS 9 or newer and it's forks like crDroid or Cypher. The TWRP from Matteo is good, it's the lastest one and working well. But i can't tell you anything about Heimdall. I'm using Odin only to flash Stock or TWRP.
Thanks for the answer, it must be the 4.4.x bootloader, I didn't even ask if I had the 5.x.x one, I'm flashing the 5.0.2 About haimdall. It's wonderful, a point that can be negative is that the process is more manual, you must select each file for its respective partition, the good thing is that with it you can capture the pit file, it is very rare for an error to occur except if there is a problem on the PC or cable. It works on Linux and Windows and Mac OS X. I will return with news.

Reactions: crazydrive22

Utherbone

Mar 28, 2018
Hello again @crazydrive22. I tested this rom, conclusions, this rom in my normal use, very usable with tricks in developer options "disable animations scale and enable acceleration 2d". Overall is good.

Sorry. I stay practice English, on this time don,t use translator ;)

I need help, I have a problem, I have gone to update and I have restarted in recovery mode, but the tablet does not start, it is in a loop restarting all the time. I have disconnected the battery and the problem continues.
What I can do?

Attachments

• VID_20211216_212935.mp4
    1.5 MB · Views: 0

Top Liked Posts