[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][matisse][millet] CypherOS 11

Search This thread
New Builds are up

Changelog:
-synced with LOS-Source
-Security Patch 2022-07-05
This time I did exactly your procedure for performing a dirty ROM flash. And it WORKED! :) One trend I've noticed is that the longer people wait to download a file from AFH, the greater the chance no mirrors found error. Your TWRP posting from June 23 no longer works. But the CypherOS from today July 15 works. My advice for other people is to get it NOW, because tomorrow may bring different results.

Reactions: crazydrive22

V0latyle

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Why do unofficial ROMs not get OTA updates?
Some can, depending on the development team - but it takes a lot of resources to set up a server backend as well as develop OTA packages, which are not the same as TWRP flashable zips or GSI images. Most custom/unofficial ROMs are developed by one or two people on their own free time. You're basically using someone's hobby, so you shouldn't expect the same sort of support and functionality you might get out of OEM firmware.

Remember...NEVER ask for ETA's, and NEVER demand a fix! As I pointed out, most of our developers work for free, with no compensation whatsoever, and no user is entitled to any of their time and effort.

Is your name in this picture?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220715-063701_Cipher_Launcher.png
    Screenshot_20220715-063701_Cipher_Launcher.png
    927 KB · Views: 27

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    New Builds are uploaded

Changelog:
    -synced with LOS-Source
    -Security Patch 2022-09-05
    New Builds are up.

Changelog:
    -Security Patch 2022-06-05
    -synced with LOS-Source
    -removed Blur
    -removed Face unlock
    -added new CipherOS R Exclusive UI/UX (thx to @TechyMinati)

There's also an update for TWRP. Check out OP for the link.
    Why do unofficial ROMs not get OTA updates?
    Some can, depending on the development team - but it takes a lot of resources to set up a server backend as well as develop OTA packages, which are not the same as TWRP flashable zips or GSI images. Most custom/unofficial ROMs are developed by one or two people on their own free time. You're basically using someone's hobby, so you shouldn't expect the same sort of support and functionality you might get out of OEM firmware.

Remember...NEVER ask for ETA's, and NEVER demand a fix! As I pointed out, most of our developers work for free, with no compensation whatsoever, and no user is entitled to any of their time and effort.
    New Builds are up

Changelog:
    -synced with LOS-Source
    -Security Patch 2022-07-05
    New Builds are online.

Changelog:

-Security Patch 2022-04-05
    -synced with LOS-Source
    New Builds are uploaded

Changelog:
    -synced with LOS-Source
    -Security Patch 2022-09-05