Search This thread

mrk2815

May 16, 2012
burbank
so where is a thread on XDA in samsung for a unofficial lineage 17.1 thread that i can post.i am not going to waste my time if there is nothing constructive to try or to help out in. that is what i have done with old moto g devices and threads and isseus and matters that i have tested and helped resolve. as well as one plus devices in the past. So will just leave it at that.

matteo0026

Jul 1, 2015
Treviso
so where is a thread on XDA in samsung for a unofficial lineage 17.1 thread that i can post.i am not going to waste my time if there is nothing constructive to try or to help out in. that is what i have done with old moto g devices and threads and isseus and matters that i have tested and helped resolve. as well as one plus devices in the past. So will just leave it at that.
In my opinion, LOS17.1 is still too unstable to be released, even more after latest builds of crdroid 6.16 and lightningfastrom got black screen after unlocking SIM in lockscreen.

Reactions: u81 and mrk2815

fedcram

Apr 26, 2017
Hi! Thanks for your work. I tried to root, install twrp recovery and your custom rom.. but my device (T-530 matisse wifi) is stucked in boot screen (with egyptian eye). How can I fix this problem?

evrifaessa

Apr 25, 2021
Istanbul
Samsung Galaxy Tab 4
Hey, thank you very much for your awesome work. I managed to successfully complete the installation on my SM-T532, it honestly gave my old tablet a new life. What I wanted to ask was, if it's compatible with our tablets, and you have time for it, could you port Lineage's 17.x (or maybe even 18.x?) for matisse? I'd really like to try the new versions on my tablet, but don't know if they're compatible (and never ported LineageOS before either). Have a nice day :)

Last edited:

matteo0026

Jul 1, 2015
Treviso
Hey, thank you very much for your awesome work :) I managed to successfully complete the installation on my SM-T532, it honestly gave my old tablet a new life. What I wanted to ask was, if it's compatible with our tablets, and you have time for it, could you port Lineage's 17.x (or maybe even 18.x?) for matisse? I's really like to try the new versions on my tablet, but don't know if they're compatible (and never ported LineageOS before either). Have a nice day :)
Hi, thanks for your feedback. In the meanwhile, there is the LOS17.1 yet. https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/rom-unofficial-matisse-millet-lineageos-17-1.4263849

LOS18.1 is under testing, but still has too issues, and I don't want to publish too unstable ROMs. By the way, it boots and some things work yet. I can publish even a picture that I took.

Attachments

• IMG_20210425_225638_895.jpg
    IMG_20210425_225638_895.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 21

evrifaessa

Apr 25, 2021
Istanbul
Samsung Galaxy Tab 4

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    New build of LOS16 with 2021-03 security patches is online!
    Changelog:
    - April 2021 security patches
    - Some little fixes (always check sources for more infos about)
    In next build, audio via USB will work, I've fixed it.
    @matteo0026 where i can find your telegram Channel ? Please
    @Galaxy_Tab_4
    does sim work for Matisselte SM-T535 ?
    Yes of course.
    2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 9 (Pie), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Installation instructions :
    • Be sure to have installed latest TWRP recovery (you can find it in downloads) and latest Android Lollipop (5.0.2 for matisse, 5.1.1 for millet) firmware
    • Download the latest build and GApps (ARM, 9.0, I advice pico package) - if you'll go to wipe even internal storage, put them on a microSD or an USB OTG, or copy them after wiping it
    • Boot to recovery mode
    • Wipe > Advanced wipe > Select system, data, cache and dalvik/art cache (and, if you want to clean more, select even internal storage, which deletes all the content in /sdcard) and do swipe to wipe. When it finishes, go to home page
    • Install > select ROM zip file > swipe to flash and, when it finished, go to home page
    • Do the same thing to flash GApps
    • Reboot > System
    Update instructions :
    • Be sure to have installed latest TWRP build
    • Download the latest build
    • Boot to recovery mode
    • Install > select ROM zip file > swipe to flash and, when it finished, go to home page
    • Reboot > System

Known issues :
    • Magnetic cover doesn't trigger magnetic sensor (it works, but it's too little sensible).
    • Some randomic minor issues with YouTube app (sometimes, after skipping ads in a video, you'll get just a grey screen - close and reopen video to fix the issue)
    • Some randomic issues with bluetooth MAC address (bluetooth app crashes always). To fix this, you need to get (take note!) the address by going to stock ROM and getting that from Settings > About tablet menu. Then, come back to LineageOS 16 and rewrite the file /efs/bluetooth/bt_addr by using root permissions and a root file explorer, or by using adb push/pull, better in TWRP.
    • In all millet, camera crashes when trying to take pictures and can't zoom
    • In matisse3g and millet3g SIM isn't working
    • Audio through USB port doesn't work - it goes out from speakers when some USB headphones or 3.5mm jack with adapter are plugged in

Downloads :

Contributors
    matteo0026, DJABHipHop, Alastor89, All the S3NEO devs that provided the base for developing Pie on Tab 4
    Source Code:
    Hi guys, I inform you of these things:
    - next build will have LineageOS android_samsung_msm8226-common repo instead of S3NEO one.
    - next build won't have automatic brightness since device hasn't that feature in stock ROM and at hardware level it doesn't have the light sensor.
    - my mobo is on the way, so... For the end of July or at the beginning of August I'll get it and I'll try to fix this offline charging, which a lot of users are asking me to fix it... And I can understand that's very useful!

Bye!
    I get a 503 error when trying to download the ROM (matisse (10.1) devices: https://androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=304073). Is this a temporary outage or am I missing something? The most recent posts don't seem to indicate a problem
    Yes, it was temporary... By the way...

New build of LOS16 with 2021-02 security patches is online!
    Changelog:
    - February 2021 security patches

(it's either for matisse and millet)
    I've included lineage recovery too, you can find it in the same folder of your variant
    New build with 2021-01 security patches is online!
    Changelog:
    - January 2021 security patches
    - In matisse{wifi,lte,3g} all camera features are working perfectly. I've corrected the preview size of back camera and corrected removal of the blobs.

Millet builds won't come out now since camera isn't still fixed there. I'm working with some testers to fix that. Either RIL issues with 3G variants are in fixing with some other testers. It's hard to fix these things, but as I, with sometimes the help of other users fixed everything, we'll win this challenge.

In my opinion, matissewifi and matisselte are ready to go to Lineage 17.1 and 18.1, since they haven't any other big issues anymore. I'll think on what to do basing on how the fixing work goes on.
    New update with 2020-06 patches is coming out! (It will come out in next days for all the variants, for now just matissewifi)
    Changelog:
    - Switch to LineageOS msm8226 kernel (with Wi-Fi driver source updated)
    - Commonized init (it doesn't change anything to the final user, it's just a way to get more ordered sources)
    - Init: update build fingerprints (in this way, Netflix can be finally installed and be found on Play Store, expecially in millet devices where there was a dummy build fingerprint)

Things that still have to be fixed can't be fixed easily. I'll probably buy a motherboard for my dead T530 and I'll restart working faster and better.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone