Search This thread

marrei1964

Nov 21, 2020
Hello,
Has someone compare the Lineages 17 and 18 Version on our tab

Is the V17 smoother andmore reactive ?
Hi, I can not report any performance details, but I don't know any extremely important reason for upgrading to 11 - instead, I found a good reason why to stick with Android 10/ LOS 17.1 for my milletlte:
I recently upgraded my "small" old Samsung Galaxy S4 mini GT-I9195 to LOS 18.0, and: several memory-intensive apps are not able any more to be configured to use external SD memory - which is most important for our old low-memory devices.
This is NOT a bug, this is Google purpose for ALL Android 11 and later versions. They prohibit the use of the external Card's "android/data/ . . ." folder. They claim that this is something like a dangerous "sharing" access of app storage data between all app that claim access to those sub-folders. You may quickly google the background (androidexplained, Android 11 Scoped Storage - Saving Files To Shared Storage).
Google Maps itself _is_ still able to be configured to use internal or external SD mode for offline cards. 🤔
HERE Maps (potentially using VERY large map files on tablets!!!) can not be configured like this, and the web rumours that there are a lot of other apps too...
I also tried HERE Maps Beta, which claims to be a total remake, but no success.
Even when the SD is configured as "internal" you can only select the internal memory. No matter if internal or external mode: for Android 11 devices the SD card mostly is ONLY useable for music, fotos, videos, data files downloaded.
If you don't believe me or you think you know better: please try it (having a good backup... 😉) and report here, please!
Good luck, or: good Android 10...

Martin

Reactions: BeeJ1109
Hi, I can not report any performance details, but I don't know any extremely important reason for upgrading to 11 - instead, I found a good reason why to stick with Android 10/ LOS 17.1 for my milletlte:
I recently upgraded my "small" old Samsung Galaxy S4 mini GT-I9195 to LOS 18.0, and: several memory-intensive apps are not able any more to be configured to use external SD memory - which is most important for our old low-memory devices.
This is NOT a bug, this is Google purpose for ALL Android 11 and later versions. They prohibit the use of the external Card's "android/data/ . . ." folder. They claim that this is something like a dangerous "sharing" access of app storage data between all app that claim access to those sub-folders. You may quickly google the background (androidexplained, Android 11 Scoped Storage - Saving Files To Shared Storage).
Google Maps itself _is_ still able to be configured to use internal or external SD mode for offline cards. 🤔
HERE Maps (potentially using VERY large map files on tablets!!!) can not be configured like this, and the web rumours that there are a lot of other apps too...
Even when the SD is configured as "internal" you can only select the internal memory. No matter if internal or external mode: for Android 11 devices the SD card mostly is ONLY useable for music, fotos, videos, data files downloaded.
If you don't believe me or you think you know better: please try it (having a good backup... 😉) and report here, please!

Martin
I forgot this point : thanks a lot

marrei1964

Nov 21, 2020

Martin
I have to apologize at the HERE WeGo "beta" team: after a phone restart (or... I wasn't clear some days before???) the "beta" of HERE WeGo offers the option to switch the storage of Offline cards to "external SD"... So hopefully, this beta will become a regular feature/version in future, and other app supplier can adjust to the new restrictions in Android 11 as well. Seems to be a big change in memory management structures for the app programmers.
I guess that this is mostly related to map and navigation apps, because their offline data volume requirement is most significant. Other storage-intensive apps like video and camera apps will usually not be used on our old reasure devices... because of camera and display resolutions...(?)
But anyway, I currently see no reason to switch to LOS 18.1, until matteo and all the other gurus give us leechers updates for LOS 17/Android 10.
THANK YOU for this!!!

Reactions: matteo0026

D++

Aug 15, 2020
Thanks a lot for this Rom. Installed the latest version and magisk v23 but without gapps and it's running great.
Couldn't find a problem so far with the software.
Will become a wall mount tablet in my smart home soon. It just gets reeeealy slow when configuring widgets in habpanelviewer, but hey, it's 7 years old now.

Reactions: matteo0026

_kato

Oct 21, 2021
Hey matteo I noticed a bug. for some reason I can't see 5g networks that are on channel higher than 48. It works fine for networks that are on channel 48 and on 44.

Also nightlight turns itself off after locking and unlocking the screen for some reason.

Thank you so much for all your hard work!

marrei1964

Nov 21, 2020
Hey matteo I noticed a bug. for some reason I can't see 5g networks that are on channel higher than 48. It works fine for networks that are on channel 48 and on 44.

Also nightlight turns itself off after locking and unlocking the screen for some reason.

Thank you so much for all your hard work!
hello _kato, hello Matteo, I can NOT confirm that 5G Wifi channels are not working after upgrading my milletlte to lineage-17.1-20211113-UNOFFICIAL-milletlte..
1637508353807.png

I did not check the "nightlight" issue, sorry, I don't know what that is or means...

_kato

Oct 21, 2021
hello _kato, hello Matteo, I can NOT confirm that 5G Wifi channels are not working after upgrading my milletlte to lineage-17.1-20211113-UNOFFICIAL-milletlte..
View attachment 5464433

I did not check the "nightlight" issue, sorry, I don't know what that is or means...
My 5g network is on channel 157, it works fine on my phone and other devices but the tab cannot find it on that channel. If I manually switch the network over to channel 46 it finds it and connects I don't have the option for channel 112,116 in my router like in your screenshot. It used to work fine back when I was on android 5.1.1.

The nightlight issue is when i set the live display to night, you can find it in the quick settings or in Settings>Display>Live Display>Display mode and set it to night. It's basically a blue light filter.

I am on milletwifi(8.0).

matteo0026

Jul 1, 2015
Treviso
Lenovo P2
BQ Aquaris X Pro
My 5g network is on channel 157, it works fine on my phone and other devices but the tab cannot find it on that channel. If I manually switch the network over to channel 46 it finds it and connects I don't have the option for channel 112,116 in my router like in your screenshot. It used to work fine back when I was on android 5.1.1.

The nightlight issue is when i set the live display to night, you can find it in the quick settings or in Settings>Display>Live Display>Display mode and set it to night. It's basically a blue light filter.

I am on milletwifi(8.0).
I should type the WiFi issue in the issues list, since I analyzed it some time ago and with new custom ROMs (Android 9,10,11) that tablet can't see 5 GHz WiFi networks between channels 149 and 161.

Reactions: _kato

vs-primus

Mar 31, 2020
Hi guys, new builds are up!
Changelog:
- December 2021 security patches

Hello matteo0026,

thank you very much for your hard work.
There is currently a problem downloading the custom rom.

Download​

lineage-17.1-20211216-UNOFFICIAL-matissewifi.zip​

for the Samsung Galaxy Tab 4.10.1, by matteo0026

OOPS!
no mirrors found.

Many greetings vs-primus

matteo0026

Jul 1, 2015
Treviso
Lenovo P2
BQ Aquaris X Pro
Hello matteo0026,

thank you very much for your hard work.
There is currently a problem downloading the custom rom.

Download​

lineage-17.1-20211216-UNOFFICIAL-matissewifi.zip​

for the Samsung Galaxy Tab 4.10.1, by matteo0026

OOPS!
no mirrors found.

Many greetings vs-primus
I know... Even in 18.1 there are many issues on getting a mirror to download the ROM. I've contacted the support of AFH yet.

Reactions: marrei1964

matteo0026

Jul 1, 2015
Treviso
Lenovo P2
BQ Aquaris X Pro
Hello matteo0026,

since there are problems with the download at https://androidfilehost.com/ for days,
is it possible to download the custom rom from somewhere else?
e.g. https://sourceforge.net/

Thanks in advance

Many greetings vs-primus
Hi, for some days I won't have an SSD to work with ROMs (I've put my sata ssd on an old laptop and I've bought a new pcie one). And I don't have the packages offline. So, just wait... I can't do anything else.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 10, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Installation instructions :
    • Be sure to have installed latest TWRP recovery (you can find it in downloads) and latest Android Lollipop (5.0.2 for matisse, 5.1.1 for millet) firmware
    • Download the latest build and GApps (ARM, 10.0, I advice pico package) - if you'll go to wipe even internal storage, put them on a microSD or an USB OTG, or copy them after wiping it
    • Boot to recovery mode
    • Wipe > Advanced wipe > Select system, data, cache and dalvik/art cache (and, if you want to clean more, select even internal storage, which deletes all the content in /sdcard) and do swipe to wipe. When it finishes, go to home page
    • Install > select ROM zip file > swipe to flash and, when it finished, go to home page
    • Do the same thing to flash GApps
    • Reboot > System
    Update instructions :
    • Be sure to have installed latest TWRP build
    • Download the latest build
    • Boot to recovery mode
    • Install > select ROM zip file > swipe to flash and, when it finished, go to home page
    • Reboot > System
    Known issues :
    • Magnetic cover doesn't trigger magnetic sensor (it works, but it's too little sensible).
    • Some randomic minor issues with YouTube app (sometimes, after skipping ads in a video, you'll get just a grey screen - close and reopen video to fix the issue)
    • Some randomic issues with bluetooth MAC address (bluetooth app crashes always). To fix this, you need to get (take note!) the address by going to stock ROM and getting that from Settings > About tablet menu. Then, come back to LineageOS 17.1 and rewrite the file /efs/bluetooth/bt_addr by using root permissions and a root file explorer, or by using adb push/pull, better in TWRP.
    • 5 GHz WiFi networks between channels 149 and 161 are invisible to the Tab
    • In matisse3g and millet3g SIM isn't working
    Downloads :
    Contributors
    matteo0026, DJABHipHop, Alastor89, All the S3NEO devs that provided the base for developing Pie on Tab 4
    Source Code:
    New build of LineageOS 17.1 is up!
    Changelog:
    - August 2021 security patches
    - For millet*: fixed inverted audio channels through jack
    New build of LOS17.1 with 2021-06 security patches is online!
    Changelog:
    - June 2021 security patches
    - Some little improvements (always check sources for more infos about)
    - (and I'm not sure if the GPS fix speed has been improved, but I gave a try)
    I was right, it was a problem of androidfilehost. Now the builds are downloadable with all the mirrors.
    Hi guys, new builds are up!
    Changelog:
    - January 2022 security patches
    - Fixed SIM reading in matisse3g and millet3g