Jul 1, 2015
Treviso
Lenovo P2
BQ Aquaris X Pro
hello, ok so I just change the following files
lineage-16.0-20201009-UNOFFICIAL-matissewifi.zip
open_gapps-arm-9.0-pico-20200521.zip
and I keep these
Samfw.com_SM-T530_XEF_T530XXS1BRH1_fac (AP/BL/CSC)
twrp-3.5.2_9-0-matisse.tar
, that's right and so I switch to android 9 instead of 11 to test, is that right?
I test and tell you again if the keyboard works right away
Thanks a lot...
Even without gapps, just a clean install to lineage 16. Yes please, do this test. Thanks

Jul 17, 2022
Even without gapps, just a clean install to lineage 16. Yes please, do this test. Thanks
ok I'm trying it's in progress thank you

So when I resumed the entire installation I did lineage 16 then I kept open-gapps arm 112 pico here is the error message: "Error code: 20 unmouting partitions
Updater process terminated with error: 20 Error installing zip file: sdcard/opengapps 11
ended

Ah, I think I misunderstood. I install lineage 16 without gapps and restart the system reboot is that it? but the tablet doesn't need gapps to work? Am I testing my bluetooth keyboard at this stage?

Hello again, The keyboard works in querty and not azerty but hey I guess you just have to change an option? now what do i do? I have to install a gapps I suppose to be under android 11? I await your return to continue testing with you. I'm happy to find my bluetooth keyboard ;-) I'm waiting for your instructions for the rest.
Does this mean that the problem came from lineage 18.1 or gapps arm 11? do I have to test again but only with lineage 18.1 without the gapps pico 11?

Last edited:

matteo0026

Jul 1, 2015
Treviso
Lenovo P2
BQ Aquaris X Pro
ok I'm trying it's in progress thank you

So when I resumed the entire installation I did lineage 16 then I kept open-gapps arm 112 pico here is the error message: "Error code: 20 unmouting partitions
Updater process terminated with error: 20 Error installing zip file: sdcard/opengapps 11
ended

Ah, I think I misunderstood. I install lineage 16 without gapps and restart the system reboot is that it? but the tablet doesn't need gapps to work? Am I testing my bluetooth keyboard at this stage?

Hello again, The keyboard works in querty and not azerty but hey I guess you just have to change an option? now what do i do? I have to install a gapps I suppose to be under android 11? I await your return to continue testing with you. I'm happy to find my bluetooth keyboard ;-) I'm waiting for your instructions for the rest.
Does this mean that the problem came from lineage 18.1 or gapps arm 11? do I have to test again but only with lineage 18.1 without the gapps pico 11?
Ok, as I thought, I have to re-enable some HID drivers, that can be done and I'll fix that in next build (so, to answer to your question, the issue was with the build itself, not the GApps). GApps aren't needed to make the tab working since the GApps are just apps that are installed in a second moment. Of course, if you change android version, you have to change GApps version to match the android version.

About the keyboard layout, yes, it can be changed in the languages/keyboard settings.

Jul 17, 2022
Ok, as I thought, I have to re-enable some HID drivers, that can be done and I'll fix that in next build (so, to answer to your question, the issue was with the build itself, not the GApps). GApps aren't needed to make the tab working since the GApps are just apps that are installed in a second moment. Of course, if you change android version, you have to change GApps version to match the android version.

About the keyboard layout, yes, it can be changed in the languages/keyboard settings.
ok good and good I'll wait impatiently for the next version which I'm sure will be perfect ;-) Thank you very much for this time you devoted to me it's very nice. Goodbye

Tres_Tigers

Apr 26, 2021
Hey, I don't know if it's my lack of understanding or it is having issues, but I can't install the most recent TWRP 3.6.# for the matissevewifi to my matisse Wifi tablet. According to Odin, it was a size issue, so I tried the next one, the just plain Matisse.
I managed to install it, but I'm unsure as to what my device is going to think it is and will be testing this out later..
However, why can't I install this file, and if it's a storage problem, then, why is it even available if I can't install it to the device (it's supposed to be on)?

Attachments

• 20220818_010146.jpg
    20220818_010146.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 42

Venderwel

Jul 28, 2020
Hello, lineage OS newby here! After trying for a while (on and (more) off over a long period), I finally get to install a Lineage OS version on my Samsung Tab 4 (T530). I installed lineage-18.1-20211010-UNOFFICIAL-matissewifi.zip. After starting it up, it says it can't detect the Sim Card. I don't have a Sim card option on this tablet. How do I fix this?

Venderwel

Jul 28, 2020
Hello, lineage OS newby here! After trying for a while (on and (more) off over a long period), I finally get to install a Lineage OS version on my Samsung Tab 4 (T530). I installed lineage-18.1-20211010-UNOFFICIAL-matissewifi.zip. After starting it up, it says it can't detect the Sim Card. I don't have a Sim card option on this tablet. How do I fix this?

Just tried lineage-18.1-20220611-UNOFFICIAL-matissewifi, but still have the Sim Card not detected message. I don't have a sim cars slot, I have the wifi version. How can I fix this?

matteo0026

Jul 1, 2015
Treviso
Lenovo P2
BQ Aquaris X Pro
Hi guys, new builds are up.
Changelog:
- September 2022 security patches
- Reintroduced special HID drivers (in this way, for example bluetooth keyboards are working fine)

About the SIM, you should try the build where I said that I've fixed it to see if it works there.

wekwekwek

Sep 19, 2022
Hello! Can you please help me how to come in TWRP menu?
Button HOME + POWER + Volume UP takes me to some other menu (

wekwekwek

Sep 19, 2022
Ok thanks. Working...
Can you help me with one more thing or tell me where to look.
When I upload native firmware for example T531XXS1BRH1 | 5.0.2 | 08/03/2018 | 9827863 | Through TWRP it writes an error
"invalid zip file format! error install zip file sdcard и т.д"
what is wrong?

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Ok thanks. Working...
    Can you help me with one more thing or tell me where to look.
    When I upload native firmware for example T531XXS1BRH1 | 5.0.2 | 08/03/2018 | 9827863 | Through TWRP it writes an error
    "invalid zip file format! error install zip file sdcard и т.д"
    what is wrong?
    The build could be corrupted. Try to download it another time
    Greetings,

I created an account just so I could personally thank you Mr. matteo0026. I wanted to thank you for all your hard work for the Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 8" MilletWifi specifically. I last used my tablet probably back in 2016 which had the JazzROM 5.11 installed. Beautiful rom but at the time, it was already outdated. I then searched in the forums for any updated roms... not many available at that time. There was Unicorns 6.0 which was also nice but super buggy.

So, my tablet collected dust since 2016. Only recently I decided to venture into it again. Battery was completely dead, recharged it and turned it on. All good. Then I searched the XDA forums again and finally ended up in this thread. Did some searching for TWRP 3.6.2-millietwifi and of course, all links shown were dead. I didn't want to create a Telegram account as I do not like nor have any social media but I ended up creating one (Telegram) just to download TWRP 3.6.2. Thanks again matteo0026 =)

Now it should be said that I had TWRP 2.8.x.x installed and recalled having major issues trying to flash CWM/LOS or other roms to the point I ended up bricking my tablet. I rescued it with ADB, Odin and stock rom after many, many hours of freaking out!!

So that being said, I was apprehensive in trying to flash anything again. One thing to note, having rescued my tablet, I still would get the error "Kernel is not Seandroid Enforcing" during bootup but yet it would still boot and work with JazzRom 5.11. So, I took the risk and flashed TWRP 3.6.2 milletwifi and it worked no errors. Rebooted and the friggin errors was G0nE!!!

I then flashed the Lineage OS 18.1 milletwifi rom and opengapps for arm and voila!! My tablet is revived like Johnny 5 =)

I am very grateful and would like to thank all of you who contribute and participate in these projects.

-blood3agle-
    2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Installation instructions :
    • Be sure to have installed latest TWRP recovery (you can find it in downloads) and latest Android Lollipop (5.0.2 for matisse, 5.1.1 for millet) firmware
    • Download the latest build and GApps (ARM) - if you'll go to wipe even internal storage, put them on a microSD or an USB OTG, or copy them after wiping it
    • Boot to recovery mode
    • Wipe > Advanced wipe > Select system, data, cache and dalvik/art cache (and, if you want to clean more, select even internal storage, which deletes all the content in /sdcard) and do swipe to wipe. When it finishes, go to home page
    • Install > select ROM zip file > swipe to flash and, when it finished, go to home page
    • Do the same thing to flash GApps
    • Reboot > System
    Update instructions :
    • Be sure to have installed latest TWRP build
    • Download the latest build
    • Boot to recovery mode
    • Install > select ROM zip file > swipe to flash and, when it finished, go to home page
    • Reboot > System
    Known issues :
    • Some randomic minor issues with YouTube app (sometimes, after skipping ads in a video, you'll get just a grey screen - close and reopen video to fix the issue)
    • Some randomic issues with bluetooth MAC address (bluetooth app crashes always). To fix this, you need to get (take note!) the address by going to stock ROM and getting that from Settings > About tablet menu. Then, come back to LineageOS 18.1 and rewrite the file /efs/bluetooth/bt_addr by using root permissions and a root file explorer, or by using adb push/pull, better in TWRP.
    • 5 GHz WiFi networks between channels 149 and 161 are invisible to the Tab
    Downloads :
    Contributors
    matteo0026, DJABHipHop, Alastor89, All the S3NEO devs that provided the base for developing Android 11 on Tab 4
    Source Code:
    Hi guys, new builds are online!
    Changelog:
    - March 2022 security patches
    Changelog:
    - June 2022 security patches
    I've found the issue. By touching the ramdisk, CPU governor is set to performance instead of interactive. I'll fix it in the next build.
    Changelog:
    - April 2022 security patches