• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][matisse][millet] LineageOS 18.1

Search This thread

davestuarts

Sep 28, 2010
Lineage 18.1 on my Tab4, amazing!!
Coming from 16, did a clean install.
I updated TWRP within TWRP.
Cleaned/cleared as per usual
Installed latest 18.1 (millet)
Installed open gapps pico-20210130-TEST
Installed magisk 23 as zip.
Waited a few minutes and boom! So far, runs as smooth as butter and fairly nippy considering the base specs and age.
I've only run/tested the basics. Installed Firefox&ublock and Mixplorer.

Thank you matteo0026 for keeping the device alive, really appreciate your efforts.

busa_blade

May 28, 2010
I haven't been able to get the July build to start up. I am able to get the June build to start just fine. The July build just sits on the boot screen indefinitely.

No complaint, just feedback. Thank you for breathing life back into the dead tablet.

matteo0026

Jul 1, 2015
Treviso
Lenovo P2
BQ Aquaris X Pro
I haven't been able to get the July build to start up. I am able to get the June build to start just fine. The July build just sits on the boot screen indefinitely.

No complaint, just feedback. Thank you for breathing life back into the dead tablet.
It works here, I've just done a clean install. I don't know why it boots, probably blame gapps. I know that this last build has been made by @crazydrive22, but it just works, it has been done as I do them.

Attachments

• IMG_20210731_093940_246.jpg
    IMG_20210731_093940_246.jpg
    160.4 KB · Views: 46

Achsel

Jan 17, 2007
Tip: Simultaneous charging of the Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 tablet and a 3-way USB 2.0 HUB Ethernet adapter (tested only on the SM-T530 with 10.1")

1. Connect a modified OTG adapter:

I use a the OTG adapter ADAPTARE 40228 with additional female micro USB socket for external power supply. The micro USB male connector of the OTG Adapter has usually a solder bridge between PIN 4 (ID PIN) and PIN 5 (ground) to detect the OTG mode. Then you can only supply the USB device with power. Without the additional micro USB female socket the power directly comes from the tablets (phones) akku. If you solder in a resistor instead with approx. 80kOhm (specially for the Tab 4 tablet, for the Samsung Galaxy S4 phone 65kOhm) between PIN 4 and PIN 5 of the micro USB male connector, then you can supply the USB device and the tablet (phone) with power at the same time.

Because there is no solderable PIN 4 in the micro USB male plug of the ADAPTARE OTG adapter, I bought individual micro USB male plugs with all 5 pins for soldering.

https://www.amazon.de/40228-Adapter...icro-USB-2-0-gerade-Extra-Strom/dp/B00EJP5XR2

https://www.amazon.de/dp/B01G6OYTS2...88ad-322db71d5961&ie=UTF8&qid=1513864976&sr=1

2. Connect the USB 2.0 HUB Ethernet adapter:

I recommend the UGREEN adapter with 3x USB 2.0 ports (Ships from China, third choice, model no. 20264, ASIX AX88772 chipset for Ethernet), because the Tab 4 tablet (S4 phone) only supports USB 2.0, and "not" the USB 3.0 version (model no. 20265, ASIX AX88179 chipset for Ethernet), because there may be dropouts in the transmission. It may be too fast for the Tab 4 tablet (S4 phone). The required "ASIX" Ethernet driver is already activated in the LineageOS 18.1 kernel.

https://de.aliexpress.com/item/3240...earchweb0_0,searchweb201602_,searchweb201603_

3. Important for the Tab 4 tablet: Connect the charger at the end!

Otherwise the UGREEN adapter, all connected USB devices and the Ethernet connection will not be recognized. I don't know why that is. Maybe the OTG driver won't load. With the S4 phone, it doesn't matter when you connect the charger.

Goog luck with testing!
Axel

Attachments

• ADAPTARE 40228 OTG Adapter.jpg
    ADAPTARE 40228 OTG Adapter.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 7
  • UGREEN 3x USB 2.0 HUB Ethernet Adapter.jpg
    UGREEN 3x USB 2.0 HUB Ethernet Adapter.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
Reactions: matteo0026

matteo0026

Jul 1, 2015
Treviso
Lenovo P2
BQ Aquaris X Pro
Tip: Simultaneous charging of the Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 tablet and a 3-way USB 2.0 HUB Ethernet adapter (tested only on the SM-T530 with 10.1")

1. Connect a modified OTG adapter:

I use a the OTG adapter ADAPTARE 40228 with additional female micro USB socket for external power supply. The micro USB male connector of the OTG Adapter has usually a solder bridge between PIN 4 (ID PIN) and PIN 5 (ground) to detect the OTG mode. Then you can only supply the USB device with power. Without the additional micro USB female socket the power directly comes from the tablets (phones) akku. If you solder in a resistor instead with approx. 80kOhm (specially for the Tab 4 tablet, for the Samsung Galaxy S4 phone 65kOhm) between PIN 4 and PIN 5 of the micro USB male connector, then you can supply the USB device and the tablet (phone) with power at the same time.

Because there is no solderable PIN 4 in the micro USB male plug of the ADAPTARE OTG adapter, I bought individual micro USB male plugs with all 5 pins for soldering.

https://www.amazon.de/40228-Adapter...icro-USB-2-0-gerade-Extra-Strom/dp/B00EJP5XR2

https://www.amazon.de/dp/B01G6OYTS2...88ad-322db71d5961&ie=UTF8&qid=1513864976&sr=1

2. Connect the USB 2.0 HUB Ethernet adapter:

I recommend the UGREEN adapter with 3x USB 2.0 ports (Ships from China, third choice, model no. 20264, ASIX AX88772 chipset for Ethernet), because the Tab 4 tablet (S4 phone) only supports USB 2.0, and "not" the USB 3.0 version (model no. 20265, ASIX AX88179 chipset for Ethernet), because there may be dropouts in the transmission. It may be too fast for the Tab 4 tablet (S4 phone). The required "ASIX" Ethernet driver is already activated in the LineageOS 18.1 kernel.

https://de.aliexpress.com/item/3240...earchweb0_0,searchweb201602_,searchweb201603_

3. Important for the Tab 4 tablet: Connect the charger at the end!

Otherwise the UGREEN adapter, all connected USB devices and the Ethernet connection will not be recognized. I don't know why that is. Maybe the OTG driver won't load. With the S4 phone, it doesn't matter when you connect the charger.

Goog luck with testing!
Axel
Crazy project! Congratulations!

matteo0026

Jul 1, 2015
Treviso
Lenovo P2
BQ Aquaris X Pro
Is gesture navigation available in the settings for you? It doesn’t show up for me, but I’m not sure if it’s because that’s just how the rom is or if it has something do to with what I’ve added on top of it.
Probably, by using hardware buttons, those settings are disabled. To re-enable them, put in /system/build.prop file: qemu.hw.mainkeys=0 and software buttons and gestures settings should come up.

MarCello61

Aug 10, 2021
2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Installation instructions :
  • Be sure to have installed latest TWRP recovery (you can find it in downloads) and latest Android Lollipop (5.0.2 for matisse, 5.1.1 for millet) firmware
  • Download the latest build and GApps (ARM) - if you'll go to wipe even internal storage, put them on a microSD or an USB OTG, or copy them after wiping it
  • Boot to recovery mode
  • Wipe > Advanced wipe > Select system, data, cache and dalvik/art cache (and, if you want to clean more, select even internal storage, which deletes all the content in /sdcard) and do swipe to wipe. When it finishes, go to home page
  • Install > select ROM zip file > swipe to flash and, when it finished, go to home page
  • Do the same thing to flash GApps
  • Reboot > System
Update instructions :
  • Be sure to have installed latest TWRP build
  • Download the latest build
  • Boot to recovery mode
  • Install > select ROM zip file > swipe to flash and, when it finished, go to home page
  • Reboot > System
Known issues :
  • Magnetic cover doesn't trigger magnetic sensor (it works, but it's too little sensible).
  • Some randomic minor issues with YouTube app (sometimes, after skipping ads in a video, you'll get just a grey screen - close and reopen video to fix the issue)
  • Some randomic issues with bluetooth MAC address (bluetooth app crashes always). To fix this, you need to get (take note!) the address by going to stock ROM and getting that from Settings > About tablet menu. Then, come back to LineageOS 18.1 and rewrite the file /efs/bluetooth/bt_addr by using root permissions and a root file explorer, or by using adb push/pull, better in TWRP.
  • In matisse3g and millet3g SIM isn't working
Downloads :
Contributors
matteo0026, DJABHipHop, Alastor89, All the S3NEO devs that provided the base for developing Android 11 on Tab 4
Source Code:
This is kinda exellent work :), thank you for bringing this to us !

Achsel

Jan 17, 2007
@matteo0026

My Device: Tab 4 with 10.1" (SM-T530), my installation: LineageOS 18.1, BiTGApps-arm-11.0.0-R28_signed.zip + BiTGApps-addon-tts-R16_signed.zip and Magisk-v23.0.zip installed via twrp-3.5.2_9-0-matisse.tar. Today I copied the lineage-18.1-20210808-UNOFFICIAL-matissewifi.zip to the external SD card, started the device to TWRP recovery, choosed "wipe/advanced wipe" and there only "cache", installed the update ZIP file of LineageOS, finally "wipe cache/dalvik" and restarted system. Then I had no problems, I just had to reinstall the LesserAudioSwitch app as expected. See my installation guide in the last post 20 on page 1. Important: I always do a full system backup before and after via TWRP.

PS: The "Updater" under "System/Advanced" does not work directly on the tablet. With the Samsung Galaxy S4 phone and LineageOS 18.1, however, the "Updater" also works on the device itself.

Thanks Axel

Last edited:

Houyhnhnm

Jun 24, 2016
It runs very smooth!

But I'm having a weird issue with the Play Store. I can't install any app whatsoever, everytime I try it says there's not enough storage. I tried clearing cache and data in the Google Play Services and Play Store apps , rebooted but it doesn't work. I thought the problem were BitGapps so I went to TWRP, wiped system, data, cache, dalvik/art cache and internal storage, flashed the ROM again, then OpenGapps but it's still not working.

Any idea how to deal with this?

matteo0026

Jul 1, 2015
Treviso
Lenovo P2
BQ Aquaris X Pro
It runs very smooth!

But I'm having a weird issue with the Play Store. I can't install any app whatsoever, everytime I try it says there's not enough storage. I tried clearing cache and data in the Google Play Services and Play Store apps , rebooted but it doesn't work. I thought the problem were BitGapps so I went to TWRP, wiped system, data, cache, dalvik/art cache and internal storage, flashed the ROM again, then OpenGapps but it's still not working.

Any idea how to deal with this?
Just to know, which version of TWRP do you have?

Herschenglime

Aug 7, 2021
Samsung Galaxy Tab 4
Would you be fine with rooting and using the Aurora store? I’ve had luck installing microg through flashing nanodroid after magisk and then following the steps here for android 11 to set up signature spoofing. Magisk says safetynet isn’t passed, but microg says it’s working and I was able to install and use the Netflix app.

Reactions: Houyhnhnm

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Would you be fine with rooting and using the Aurora store? I’ve had luck installing microg through flashing nanodroid after magisk and then following the steps here for android 11 to set up signature spoofing. Magisk says safetynet isn’t passed, but microg says it’s working and I was able to install and use the Netflix app.
    Hi matteo, thank you for your great work. Please, I need your help. My WiFi does not connected to my router.
    With the ROM 17.1 it`s not a Problem.
    Setting the router is WPA2 + WPA3.
    Why does not connected on LOS18.1?
    What can I do?
    Probably, the issue can come from the wifi module that it has been built as a module in 18.1. From next build, I can make a kernel with wifi module built in, since I can separate the ROM kernel from the recovery one (otherwise, recovery image didn't fit in its partition).
    Even with this version the charging of the Tab 4 with 10.1" is not stopped at 80%. So I wait to see if VR-25 finds an issue in your log file and can fix it.

Thanks
    Axel
    2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Installation instructions :
    • Be sure to have installed latest TWRP recovery (you can find it in downloads) and latest Android Lollipop (5.0.2 for matisse, 5.1.1 for millet) firmware
    • Download the latest build and GApps (ARM) - if you'll go to wipe even internal storage, put them on a microSD or an USB OTG, or copy them after wiping it
    • Boot to recovery mode
    • Wipe > Advanced wipe > Select system, data, cache and dalvik/art cache (and, if you want to clean more, select even internal storage, which deletes all the content in /sdcard) and do swipe to wipe. When it finishes, go to home page
    • Do the same thing to flash GApps
    • Reboot > System
    Update instructions :
    • Be sure to have installed latest TWRP build
    • Download the latest build
    • Boot to recovery mode
    • Reboot > System
    Known issues :
    • Magnetic cover doesn't trigger magnetic sensor (it works, but it's too little sensible).
    • Some randomic minor issues with YouTube app (sometimes, after skipping ads in a video, you'll get just a grey screen - close and reopen video to fix the issue)
    • Some randomic issues with bluetooth MAC address (bluetooth app crashes always). To fix this, you need to get (take note!) the address by going to stock ROM and getting that from Settings > About tablet menu. Then, come back to LineageOS 18.1 and rewrite the file /efs/bluetooth/bt_addr by using root permissions and a root file explorer, or by using adb push/pull, better in TWRP.
    • In matisse3g and millet3g SIM isn't working
    Downloads :
    Contributors
    matteo0026, DJABHipHop, Alastor89, All the S3NEO devs that provided the base for developing Android 11 on Tab 4
    Source Code:
    New build of LineageOS 18.1 is online!
    Changelog:
    - August 2021 security patches
    - For millet*: fixed inverted audio channels through jack
    Lineage 18.1 on my Tab4, amazing!!
    Coming from 16, did a clean install.
    I updated TWRP within TWRP.
    Cleaned/cleared as per usual
    Installed latest 18.1 (millet)
    Installed open gapps pico-20210130-TEST
    Installed magisk 23 as zip.
    Waited a few minutes and boom! So far, runs as smooth as butter and fairly nippy considering the base specs and age.
    I've only run/tested the basics. Installed Firefox&ublock and Mixplorer.

Thank you matteo0026 for keeping the device alive, really appreciate your efforts.
    You can also use Nikgapps for LOS 18.1. The core package would be comparable to Gapps pico.

@matteo0026 Thanks for LOS 18.1. As 17 seems stable, I'll be stick with that for now on my SM-T530NU.
    NikGapps is arm64-only.
    Is gesture navigation available in the settings for you? It doesn’t show up for me, but I’m not sure if it’s because that’s just how the rom is or if it has something do to with what I’ve added on top of it.
    Probably, by using hardware buttons, those settings are disabled. To re-enable them, put in /system/build.prop file: qemu.hw.mainkeys=0 and software buttons and gestures settings should come up.