• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][matisse][millet] LineageOS 18.1

Search This thread

Achsel

Jan 17, 2007
@matteo0026
Today I flashed the boot.img and then Magisk-v23.0.zip file again via TWRP. WLAN works, but ACC does not work. The Activating of CONFIG_SAMSUNG_DEBUG_DISPLAY and CONFIG_SEC_PM_DEBUG did nothing. The kernel issue for ACC must be in another place!
Thanks for trying!
Axel

FailSafeNow

Apr 3, 2020
Update: I've gotten the phone to successfully find my location. I don't know whether it was just wrongly configured before, or what. I haven't yet been in a situation to see if it could actively track me, but it was able to find me initially, at least. I also don't know whether we fixed it, or it fixed itself. Still, thank you.

Reactions: matteo0026

agterris

Sep 27, 2021
@matteo0026

Thanks for your work on this. I've used an earlier version of this OS you've made on another Tab 4 of mine. I'm trying to set up a new one on stock KitKat that was never taken out of its original packaging but ran into a problem. I am stuck on the Samsung logo screen forever. I loaded the version of TWRP 3.5.2 with Odin, wiped the system, and installed this zip. It feels like I'm missing a step.. have you or anyone else seen this? Appreciate any help.

matteo0026

Jul 1, 2015
Treviso
Lenovo P2
BQ Aquaris X Pro
@matteo0026
Today I flashed the boot.img and then Magisk-v23.0.zip file again via TWRP. WLAN works, but ACC does not work. The Activating of CONFIG_SAMSUNG_DEBUG_DISPLAY and CONFIG_SEC_PM_DEBUG did nothing. The kernel issue for ACC must be in another place!
Thanks for trying!
Axel
Really tricky situation... I really don't know when to put my hands now...
USER=6798358]@matteo0026[/USER]

Thanks for your work on this. I've used an earlier version of this OS you've made on another Tab 4 of mine. I'm trying to set up a new one on stock KitKat that was never taken out of its original packaging but ran into a problem. I am stuck on the Samsung logo screen forever. I loaded the version of TWRP 3.5.2 with Odin, wiped the system, and installed this zip. It feels like I'm missing a step.. have you or anyone else seen this? Appreciate any help.
I don't know what you are missing, honestly. Don't go OT, by the way. And why still using kitkat? Now to install one of my custom ROMs, lollipop firmware must be installed to be able to boot on it.

agterris

Sep 27, 2021
Really tricky situation... I really don't know when to put my hands now...

I don't know what you are missing, honestly. Don't go OT, by the way. And why still using kitkat? Now to install one of my custom ROMs, lollipop firmware must be installed to be able to boot on it.
That was it! I upgraded to stock Lollipop and then proceeded with TWRP and your rom and it booted. Thanks for the quick input. What's OT?

matteo0026

Jul 1, 2015
Treviso
Lenovo P2
BQ Aquaris X Pro
In the latest builds, in the new SetupWizard, when it asks you to put a SIM card (when you haven't inserted one in your tab), in landscape mode "Skip" (or "Next", I don't remember) button isn't shown.

I forgot to mention this issue. Rotate the tablet in portrait mode and you'll have the button.

mrk2815

May 16, 2012
burbank
matteo, its skip on the set up of hte teablet. then once you hit skip then theen next ehn you haveh te swifi set up screen and then from tehr everythign is then how its hould be for setting up a tablet.i ahve done this numerous times and so i do know hatt the roms have been built for both LTE and WIFI versions of the tablet.

matteo0026

Jul 1, 2015
Treviso
Lenovo P2
BQ Aquaris X Pro
matteo, its skip on the set up of hte teablet. then once you hit skip then theen next ehn you haveh te swifi set up screen and then from tehr everythign is then how its hould be for setting up a tablet.i ahve done this numerous times and so i do know hatt the roms have been built for both LTE and WIFI versions of the tablet.
Please, write what you mean in a decent English. I don't understand what you mean. That issue can come up more frequently in tab 4 10.1 model since it's used in landscape mode, usually, while 8.0 is used in portrait mode.

Analogiker

Jul 23, 2010
@matteo0026 - Thank you very much for your hard work this old device.
I'm trying to recover my old TM530 with your ROM and I'm facing wifi issues. I can't connect to any WiFi Network with my TM530. Sometimes the message 'autentication problem' ist shown.

I append my logcat logfile, maybe you can have a look on it. I'm not a developer, so my knowledge is limited in reading those lines. But something like '[email protected]: Failed to get driver version: NOT_SUPPORTED' takes my attention ;)

Attachments

• logcat.txt
    1.1 MB · Views: 3

matteo0026

Jul 1, 2015
Treviso
Lenovo P2
BQ Aquaris X Pro
I'm trying to recover my old TM530 with your ROM and I'm facing wifi issues. I can't connect to any WiFi Network with my TM530. Sometimes the message 'autentication problem' ist shown.

I append my logcat logfile, maybe you can have a look on it. I'm not a developer, so my knowledge is limited in reading those lines. But something like '[email protected]: Failed to get driver version: NOT_SUPPORTED' takes my attention ;)
I know that in logcat appears that sentence, but I want to investigate better about your WiFi network. Is it a 2.4 or 5 GHz network? In which channel is it set? Does it have hidden SSID? A lot of people is using this ROM and I can just say that someone reported that was impossible to connect to hidden WiFi networks (tested by me and it's working)

Analogiker

Jul 23, 2010

BTW I already tried the most common stuff like switching airplane mode, using fixed IPs.... Always the same result -> no Wifi connection. The Wifi is used by multiple devices (Apple, Android, Tasmota), so I assume its a T530 problem

Analogiker

Jul 23, 2010
I know that in logcat appears that sentence, but I want to investigate better about your WiFi network. Is it a 2.4 or 5 GHz network? In which channel is it set? Does it have hidden SSID? A lot of people is using this ROM and I can just say that someone reported that was impossible to connect to hidden WiFi networks (tested by me and it's working)
public SSID, 2.4 and 5GHz (Channle 48 and 6), public SSID
tried to use 2.4 only, sadly the same.

matteo0026

Jul 1, 2015
Treviso
Lenovo P2
BQ Aquaris X Pro
@Analogiker I saw you have done something with bluetooth while getting the logcat... I saw that 2 libs are missing, and one of those I've found online. Can you put the lib I put down below in /system/vendor/lib and get another logcat, always by repeating what you were doing with bluetooth? Of course, the zip file has to be extracted before. To put in that directory the library, I advice you to work in twrp file manager (by mounting system before).
About wifi, I should do some tests, but I need a more direct contact with you. In this way, we can test things faster.

Attachments

• libaptXHD_encoder.zip
    10.8 KB · Views: 4

Analogiker

Jul 23, 2010
@Analogiker I saw you have done something with bluetooth while getting the logcat... I saw that 2 libs are missing, and one of those I've found online. Can you put the lib I put down below in /system/vendor/lib and get another logcat, always by repeating what you were doing with bluetooth? Of course, the zip file has to be extracted before. To put in that directory the library, I advice you to work in twrp file manager (by mounting system before).
About wifi, I should do some tests, but I need a more direct contact with you. In this way, we can test things faster.
Hi, I'm sorry for the delay. Had a on site meeting the last days (Without Internet :( ).

When I came back home the wifi worked without problems. 5GH, 2.4GHz, roaming, restarting the device. Nothing breaks the Wifi Adapter. I really don't know what happened. I leaved the T530 at home and no one touched it. Really strange!!

Reactions: matteo0026
I'm probably missing something obvious, but I haven't flashed any Samsung devices in years. Any help is appreciated.
I'm getting a long hang at the LineageOS boot animation and eventually it just reboots into TWRP.

What I've done:
  1. ODIN flash to "T530NUUEU1BQC1_T530NUXAR1BQC1_HOME"
  2. Boot up and save Bluetooth MAC address
  3. ODIN flash "twrp-3.5.2_9-0-matisse"
  4. Boot to TWRP, wipe all partitions, transfer Lineage and Gapps zips
  5. TWRP flash "lineage-18.1-20210923-UNOFFICIAL-matissewifi" and "open_gapps-arm-11.0-nano-20210929"
  6. Clear dalvik/cache and reboot

Sayueri

May 19, 2018
I'm probably missing something obvious, but I haven't flashed any Samsung devices in years. Any help is appreciated.
I'm getting a long hang at the LineageOS boot animation and eventually it just reboots into TWRP.

What I've done:
  5. TWRP flash "lineage-18.1-20210923-UNOFFICIAL-matissewifi" and "open_gapps-arm-11.0-nano-20210929"
Try the Gapps pico package. Were you on stock lollipop prior to this? You need to be on the latest stock rom (lollipop) for it to work.

Reactions: VoluntaryMan
Okay, next issue now that it's installed/working:
When I try to update/install apps from the Play Store, I am told that I need to free up space.
This is strange because there aren't any apps installed yet and I don't have anything on the internal storage and Settings > Storage shows over 11GB of free space. I'm assuming it's trying to install to the wrong partition or something like that.

Also I found bluetooth was working fine after a clean install of Lineage with pico-build of OpenGapps so perhaps that bug has been fixed?
Camera does not work, however.

EDIT: full wipe and reinstall of lollipop, then installed lineage. camera works, everything works. realized I don't need Google for what I'm using it for so I just didn't bother reinstalling.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Update: I've gotten the phone to successfully find my location. I don't know whether it was just wrongly configured before, or what. I haven't yet been in a situation to see if it could actively track me, but it was able to find me initially, at least. I also don't know whether we fixed it, or it fixed itself. Still, thank you.
    Hi, I'm sorry for the delay. Had a on site meeting the last days (Without Internet :( ).

When I came back home the wifi worked without problems. 5GH, 2.4GHz, roaming, restarting the device. Nothing breaks the Wifi Adapter. I really don't know what happened. I leaved the T530 at home and no one touched it. Really strange!!

What I've done:
    Try the Gapps pico package. Were you on stock lollipop prior to this? You need to be on the latest stock rom (lollipop) for it to work.
    When I try to update/install apps from the Play Store, I am told that I need to free up space.
    This is strange because there aren't any apps installed yet and I don't have anything on the internal storage and Settings > Storage shows over 11GB of free space. I'm assuming it's trying to install to the wrong partition or something like that.

Also I found bluetooth was working fine after a clean install of Lineage with pico-build of OpenGapps so perhaps that bug has been fixed?
    You have something wrong in your tablet, I guess, at firmware/partitions level. Restart from scratch by flashing stock lollipop with pit file. Bluetooth is working at 99% of cases, but in case bluetooth address is lost, I let the guide on how to recover it. I'm not sure if the issue is definetely fixed because I've never found the reason why it happened and, in case, how I fixed it.

I just spent too much time with the same problem, multiple clean installs and "free up space" with no apps listed every time. Did you by any chance nuke the whole stock folder structure/ wipe internal memory?

I had to flash the stock firmware again 5.1.1 which kept crashing at boot but still created the stock android folder structure in the internal memory, then I flashed TWRP using odin and LOS 18.1 and opengapps nano and finally was able to install apps after a clean install
    2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Installation instructions :
    • Be sure to have installed latest TWRP recovery (you can find it in downloads) and latest Android Lollipop (5.0.2 for matisse, 5.1.1 for millet) firmware
    • Download the latest build and GApps (ARM) - if you'll go to wipe even internal storage, put them on a microSD or an USB OTG, or copy them after wiping it
    • Boot to recovery mode
    • Wipe > Advanced wipe > Select system, data, cache and dalvik/art cache (and, if you want to clean more, select even internal storage, which deletes all the content in /sdcard) and do swipe to wipe. When it finishes, go to home page
    • Install > select ROM zip file > swipe to flash and, when it finished, go to home page
    • Do the same thing to flash GApps
    • Reboot > System
    Update instructions :
    • Be sure to have installed latest TWRP build
    • Download the latest build
    • Boot to recovery mode
    • Install > select ROM zip file > swipe to flash and, when it finished, go to home page
    • Reboot > System
    Known issues :
    • Magnetic cover doesn't trigger magnetic sensor (it works, but it's too little sensible).
    • Some randomic minor issues with YouTube app (sometimes, after skipping ads in a video, you'll get just a grey screen - close and reopen video to fix the issue)
    • Some randomic issues with bluetooth MAC address (bluetooth app crashes always). To fix this, you need to get (take note!) the address by going to stock ROM and getting that from Settings > About tablet menu. Then, come back to LineageOS 18.1 and rewrite the file /efs/bluetooth/bt_addr by using root permissions and a root file explorer, or by using adb push/pull, better in TWRP.
    • In matisse3g and millet3g SIM isn't working
    Downloads :
    Contributors
    matteo0026, DJABHipHop, Alastor89, All the S3NEO devs that provided the base for developing Android 11 on Tab 4
    Source Code:
    New build of LineageOS 18.1 is online!
    Changelog:
    - August 2021 security patches
    - For millet*: fixed inverted audio channels through jack
    Lineage 18.1 on my Tab4, amazing!!
    Coming from 16, did a clean install.
    I updated TWRP within TWRP.
    Cleaned/cleared as per usual
    Installed latest 18.1 (millet)
    Installed open gapps pico-20210130-TEST
    Installed magisk 23 as zip.
    Waited a few minutes and boom! So far, runs as smooth as butter and fairly nippy considering the base specs and age.
    I've only run/tested the basics. Installed Firefox&ublock and Mixplorer.

Thank you matteo0026 for keeping the device alive, really appreciate your efforts.
    You can also use Nikgapps for LOS 18.1. The core package would be comparable to Gapps pico.

@matteo0026 Thanks for LOS 18.1. As 17 seems stable, I'll be stick with that for now on my SM-T530NU.
    NikGapps is arm64-only.
    Is gesture navigation available in the settings for you? It doesn’t show up for me, but I’m not sure if it’s because that’s just how the rom is or if it has something do to with what I’ve added on top of it.
    Probably, by using hardware buttons, those settings are disabled. To re-enable them, put in /system/build.prop file: qemu.hw.mainkeys=0 and software buttons and gestures settings should come up.