• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][matisse][millet] LineageOS 18.1

Search This thread

Achsel

Jan 17, 2007
I suspect that the last update for the "CovPass" app damaged the "sap.conf" file and caused the sensors to no longer work. After restoring the complete system backup, the automatic rotation works again. The test with the "GPS Status" app no longer shows an error for the acceleration sensor. For emergencies I now have a backup of the "sap.conf" file.

matteo0026

Jul 1, 2015
Treviso
Lenovo P2
BQ Aquaris X Pro
Hi guys, new builds of LOS 18.1 are online!
Changelog:
- November 2021 security patches
- Encryption now should work (change tested on S3 Neo) ~ I want to add here that it slows a lot down the device, you're warned!
- Fixed WPA2/WPA3 co-existance (in this way, you can connect to a Wi-Fi network set with WPA2/WPA3 security key, instead of only WPA/WPA2)
- Some other more specific things under the hood

And with this post, I say goodbye to my main smartphone, Galaxy A52 5G. I still didn't choose the new one. Why should it be that hard to choose one? :(

Last edited:

pablo2134

Nov 18, 2021
alguien q me ayude instalo la rom en mi t531 y del logo no pasa y de un rato vuelve a modo recovery y también las gapps al momento de instalar me dice error 64, alguien q me pueda ayudar es la primera ves q quiero instalar rom

Translated by GT: Someone who helps me install the rom on my t531 and the logo does not pass and after a while it returns to recovery mode and also the gapps when installing it tells me error 64, someone who can help me is the first time that I want to install rom

Last edited by a moderator:

matteo0026

Jul 1, 2015
Treviso
Lenovo P2
BQ Aquaris X Pro
alguien q me ayude instalo la rom en mi t531 y del logo no pasa y de un rato vuelve a modo recovery y también las gapps al momento de instalar me dice error 64, alguien q me pueda ayudar es la primera ves q quiero instalar rom

Translated by GT: Someone who helps me install the rom on my t531 and the logo does not pass and after a while it returns to recovery mode and also the gapps when installing it tells me error 64, someone who can help me is the first time that I want to install rom
Hi, install latest TWRP (https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/recovery-3-5-2_9-unified-matisse-millet-twrp-recovery.4019831/) by following that guide and then, come in this thread, download latest LOS18, and the right gapps (error 64 equals that you didn't download arm gapps, but arm64).

Jr_Ferreira

Nov 24, 2021
Hi,

Greetings from Brazil.

Great ROM but I believe I did something wrong during the install.

I have a SM-T531 and in Brazil android only went up to Android 4.4.2 KitKat for this device. As I was watching a tutorial from youtube, I didn't check the minimal requirements for the process. After some problems, I got here and I notice I should have the latest Android Lollipop 5.0.2 for matisse on my device, but I had already finished all the procedures with the bult-in android 4.4.2.

After the install of the GApps ( the last procedure ) the tablet should reboot and then start the booting after a while, correct? But it freezes on the Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 screen and It doesn't boot up. The funny part is that I didn't get any error messagens in any part of the install, everything went ok the whole time.

These are the files I used for the process.

twrp-3.5.2_9-0-matisse

lineage-18.1-20211107-UNOFFICIAL-matisse3g

open_gapps-arm-11.0-pico-20211120

Could you help with what I should do next to install Android 11? ( Could also be android 9 or 10 )

Thanks in advance for the help and keep up the excellent work.

matteo0026

Jul 1, 2015
Treviso
Lenovo P2
BQ Aquaris X Pro
Hi,

Greetings from Brazil.

Great ROM but I believe I did something wrong during the install.

I have a SM-T531 and in Brazil android only went up to Android 4.4.2 KitKat for this device. As I was watching a tutorial from youtube, I didn't check the minimal requirements for the process. After some problems, I got here and I notice I should have the latest Android Lollipop 5.0.2 for matisse on my device, but I had already finished all the procedures with the bult-in android 4.4.2.

After the install of the GApps ( the last procedure ) the tablet should reboot and then start the booting after a while, correct? But it freezes on the Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 screen and It doesn't boot up. The funny part is that I didn't get any error messagens in any part of the install, everything went ok the whole time.

These are the files I used for the process.

twrp-3.5.2_9-0-matisse

lineage-18.1-20211107-UNOFFICIAL-matisse3g

open_gapps-arm-11.0-pico-20211120

Could you help with what I should do next to install Android 11? ( Could also be android 9 or 10 )

Thanks in advance for the help and keep up the excellent work.
That's why your tablet stays in the bootlogo when you try to boot LOS. So, since in Brazil Lollipop has never been released, flash the firmware of another country based on Lollipop. It doesn't create any issues.

Spontaneous

Feb 11, 2011
I dont know if I did something wrong or what the deal is. It flashed fine and I think I am stuck on the first boot. It has the frown like line and the bubble going from right to left, but its been some time and it just stays at this screen. Edit: NM I got it working

BUT
New problem, wont let me past the SIM card missing screen. This is a wifi only (sm-t530nu) model.
Again, figured it out. Doesnt show the next button in landscape but does when I rotate screen.

The problems keep rolling but this one I have not figured out.
I got MindTheGapps installed. I goto install other apps using the Google Play Store, BUT it says I dont have enough storage???? I check settings and I only have 23% of the 16gb of storage used so PLENTY of space. Is there something I am missing?

Last edited:
First off, I'm grateful you're putting these out, I've found a load of these for some extended family and would rather them not have to deal with kitkat, so I'm running through all the ROMs you've put out.
I've got a couple of mattise wifi tab 4's sm-t530nu.
I honestly thought LineageOS would work the best but its the slowest of the two that work. Granted the only testing I did was flash a rom, scroll around the launcher, test the camera and open YouTube, but the lineage-18.1-20211107-UNOFFICIAL-matissewifi build was noticeably more sluggish, especially loading websites and loading YouTube thumbnails. Scrolling between app drawer and switching apps felt pretty bad too. Now I had thought that was just the hardware but your CipherOS build is working like a champ on on the same apps as the lineage build was doing everything far more snappy than a 2015 tablet has any right to be. If you need logs or anything, I'd be happy to attach if you can tell me how.

matteo0026

Jul 1, 2015
Treviso
Lenovo P2
BQ Aquaris X Pro
First off, I'm grateful you're putting these out, I've found a load of these for some extended family and would rather them not have to deal with kitkat, so I'm running through all the ROMs you've put out.
I've got a couple of mattise wifi tab 4's sm-t530nu.
I honestly thought LineageOS would work the best but its the slowest of the two that work. Granted the only testing I did was flash a rom, scroll around the launcher, test the camera and open YouTube, but the lineage-18.1-20211107-UNOFFICIAL-matissewifi build was noticeably more sluggish, especially loading websites and loading YouTube thumbnails. Scrolling between app drawer and switching apps felt pretty bad too. Now I had thought that was just the hardware but your CipherOS build is working like a champ on on the same apps as the lineage build was doing everything far more snappy than a 2015 tablet has any right to be. If you need logs or anything, I'd be happy to attach if you can tell me how.
CipherOS is lighter than LOS, since it's very essential. And I can't do anything more, performance side. Understand that the tab 4 is 7 years old, and it isn't that powerful. If you try LOS 16, situation improves

jsjxu

Mar 31, 2019
hi, I put lineage 18.1 android 11 on a 530 tablet (fiwi) and open gapps, it worked fine for half a day, then after rebooting this error came out on the Samsung " set warranty bit kernel" label and does not load into the system, in the recovery comes in

matteo0026

Jul 1, 2015
Treviso
Lenovo P2
BQ Aquaris X Pro
hi, I put lineage 18.1 android 11 on a 530 tablet (fiwi) and open gapps, it worked fine for half a day, then after rebooting this error came out on the Samsung " set warranty bit kernel" label and does not load into the system, in the recovery comes in
Reflash the ROM in a clean way. The phrase "set warranty bit: kernel" is just a warning because you installed an unofficial software. Nothing to worry about.

Reactions: jsjxu

jsjxu

Mar 31, 2019
Перекрасьте ПЗУ чистым способом. Фраза "установите гарантийный бит: ядро" - это просто предупреждение, потому что вы установили неофициальное программное обеспечение. Не о чем беспокоиться.

Last edited:

jsjxu

Mar 31, 2019
Перекрасьте ПЗУ чистым способом. Фраза "установите гарантийный бит: ядро" - это просто предупреждение, потому что вы установили неофициальное программное обеспечение. Не о чем беспокоиться.
so it is not included, the process does not go further than this inscription. Everything worked yesterday.
I installed the firmware after the full format via "yes"

matteo0026

Jul 1, 2015
Treviso
Lenovo P2
BQ Aquaris X Pro
so it is not included, the process does not go further than this inscription. Everything worked yesterday.
I installed the firmware after the full format via "yes"
Don't use the format data button. Select the 4 partitions I've told many times (dalvik/art cache, system, cache and data) in advanced wipe. Otherwise you won't wipe system, and that's needed to do a clean installation.

Reactions: jsjxu

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    New builds with January security patches are online!
    Changelog:
    - January 2022 security patches
    - FINALLY, fixed SIM card reading is working fine either in matisse3g and millet3g. Either calls and mobile data work fine. Thanks to @Nimakea for testing the change.
    I've uploaded even new recovery builds with security patches and improvements made by LineageOS team.

Important thing: finally, AndroidFileHost is working fine. You'll find all the mirrors you want for every build.
    Thanks so much @matteo0026 . Ever since a got this tablet all those years ago I have wanted to do something like this. The lack of good CyanogenMod ROMs meant I never liked this tablet much. Finally the bloated OEM ROM is gone!

If anyone having the issue of getting stuck at the SIM stage, I confirm what another user said, switch from landscape to portrait mode and the "NEXT" button becomes visible.
    Hi matteo0026, Happy New Year. As the problem with androidfilehost continues, is it possoble to upload the latest rom to mega.nz/gdrive/dropbox or other etc?
    If not no problem, thought I'd ask. Thanks
    Hi matteo0026, Happy New Year. As the problem with androidfilehost continues, is it possoble to upload the latest rom to mega.nz/gdrive/dropbox or other etc?
    If not no problem, thought I'd ask. Thanks
    No, I can't, since I can't download the builds and I don't have the files in my PC. When at the end of week will arrive the new SSD, I think I'll make the builds with January security patches
    2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Installation instructions :
    • Be sure to have installed latest TWRP recovery (you can find it in downloads) and latest Android Lollipop (5.0.2 for matisse, 5.1.1 for millet) firmware
    • Download the latest build and GApps (ARM) - if you'll go to wipe even internal storage, put them on a microSD or an USB OTG, or copy them after wiping it
    • Boot to recovery mode
    • Wipe > Advanced wipe > Select system, data, cache and dalvik/art cache (and, if you want to clean more, select even internal storage, which deletes all the content in /sdcard) and do swipe to wipe. When it finishes, go to home page
    • Install > select ROM zip file > swipe to flash and, when it finished, go to home page
    • Do the same thing to flash GApps
    • Reboot > System
    Update instructions :
    • Be sure to have installed latest TWRP build
    • Download the latest build
    • Boot to recovery mode
    • Install > select ROM zip file > swipe to flash and, when it finished, go to home page
    • Reboot > System
    Known issues :
    • Magnetic cover doesn't trigger magnetic sensor (it works, but it's too little sensible).
    • Some randomic minor issues with YouTube app (sometimes, after skipping ads in a video, you'll get just a grey screen - close and reopen video to fix the issue)
    • Some randomic issues with bluetooth MAC address (bluetooth app crashes always). To fix this, you need to get (take note!) the address by going to stock ROM and getting that from Settings > About tablet menu. Then, come back to LineageOS 18.1 and rewrite the file /efs/bluetooth/bt_addr by using root permissions and a root file explorer, or by using adb push/pull, better in TWRP.
    • 5 GHz WiFi networks between channels 149 and 161 are invisible to the Tab
    Downloads :
    Contributors
    matteo0026, DJABHipHop, Alastor89, All the S3NEO devs that provided the base for developing Android 11 on Tab 4
    Source Code:
    New build of LineageOS 18.1 is online!
    Changelog:
    - August 2021 security patches
    - For millet*: fixed inverted audio channels through jack
    Lineage 18.1 on my Tab4, amazing!!
    Coming from 16, did a clean install.
    I updated TWRP within TWRP.
    Cleaned/cleared as per usual
    Installed latest 18.1 (millet)
    Installed open gapps pico-20210130-TEST
    Installed magisk 23 as zip.
    Waited a few minutes and boom! So far, runs as smooth as butter and fairly nippy considering the base specs and age.
    I've only run/tested the basics. Installed Firefox&ublock and Mixplorer.

Thank you matteo0026 for keeping the device alive, really appreciate your efforts.
    New builds with January security patches are online!
    Changelog:
    - January 2022 security patches
    - FINALLY, fixed SIM card reading is working fine either in matisse3g and millet3g. Either calls and mobile data work fine. Thanks to @Nimakea for testing the change.
    I've uploaded even new recovery builds with security patches and improvements made by LineageOS team.

Important thing: finally, AndroidFileHost is working fine. You'll find all the mirrors you want for every build.
    Is gesture navigation available in the settings for you? It doesn’t show up for me, but I’m not sure if it’s because that’s just how the rom is or if it has something do to with what I’ve added on top of it.
    Probably, by using hardware buttons, those settings are disabled. To re-enable them, put in /system/build.prop file: qemu.hw.mainkeys=0 and software buttons and gestures settings should come up.