[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][matisse][millet] LineageOS 18.1

Search This thread

dmpronko

Mar 5, 2023
@dmpronko @NaNg2 the logcats don't contain anything. To get a logcat, use adb. About the SIM not found issue, get a logcat while the device is booting with this command:
adb logcat -b radio > log_radio.txt

To understand how to get adb, and how to get logcats, look on internet. To be more complete, get a logcat with the base command:
adb logcat > log.txt

Attachments

• log.zip
    172 KB · Views: 24

dmpronko

Mar 5, 2023
Hi this way managed to install android 10 1. Must be the latest firmware 2. Program Odin to flash twrp 3. In Twrp Make Wipe data yes and then Advanced Wipe put all the checkboxes except Sd Card 4. We flash the lineage-18.1-20211107-UNOFFICIAL-matisse3g archive into Twrp 5.After flashing dalvik/Art cache; system; data; cache 6. We flash the lineage-17.1-20230214-UNOFFICIAL-matisse3g archive into Twrp 7.open_gapps-arm-10.0-pico-20220215 Everything Works Market Gps Simcard WiFi nimble does not blunt ...
Over android 6.0.1 and T531_MODEM_KK

Last edited:

bncd

Mar 12, 2023
Dear @matteo0026

First of all, I noticed that you put a lot of effort into it. Thank you so much.

I know the forum rules. That way the questions are wrong, of course...

But I have very limited time to experience these days. I just want to find the ROM I need and exit. Thank you for your understanding.

Only;

- Mostly the video will be watched. The MXPlayer application will be used.
- Bluetooth headset will be used.
- Sometimes movies will be streamed from Kodi with Wi-Fi

I don't need anything else Camera, GPS, game performance etc. Optional: Google Services also not required.

Which ROM is the best for this situation;

- [ROM][UNOFFICIAL][matisse][millet] LineageOS 16.0

- [ROM][UNOFFICIAL][matisse][millet] LineageOS 17.1

- [ROM][UNOFFICIAL][matisse][millet] LineageOS 18.1

- or just latest Stock ROM.

InvertedB

Dec 21, 2022
Dear @matteo0026

First of all, I noticed that you put a lot of effort into it. Thank you so much.

I know the forum rules. That way the questions are wrong, of course...

But I have very limited time to experience these days. I just want to find the ROM I need and exit. Thank you for your understanding.

Only;

- Mostly the video will be watched. The MXPlayer application will be used.
- Bluetooth headset will be used.
- Sometimes movies will be streamed from Kodi with Wi-Fi

I don't need anything else Camera, GPS, game performance etc. Optional: Google Services also not required.

Which ROM is the best for this situation;

- [ROM][UNOFFICIAL][matisse][millet] LineageOS 16.0

- [ROM][UNOFFICIAL][matisse][millet] LineageOS 17.1

- [ROM][UNOFFICIAL][matisse][millet] LineageOS 18.1

- or just latest Stock ROM.
Im running the build from this thread LineageOS 18.1 for the same purposes and have had no issues.
Using FDroid for apps

bncd

Mar 12, 2023
Im running the build from this thread LineageOS 18.1 for the same purposes and have had no issues.
Using FDroid for apps
Thanks for reply.

Oh 18... I wish I had time to try it. I was able to get the tablet for 1 day and sent it to a relative to help with the lessons.

After numerous searches I read that 16 is as stable as possible. And I installed it. I was using 17, after 16 the boot was very fast, it was enough for me.

In fact, in an environment where we can reach 16, 17 and 18 side by side, one of us can perform a performance and battery test.

If I had the time, I would really like to do it. You know, the idea of a side-by-side comparison Youtube video would be great.

InvertedB

Dec 21, 2022
Thanks for reply.

Oh 18... I wish I had time to try it. I was able to get the tablet for 1 day and sent it to a relative to help with the lessons.

After numerous searches I read that 16 is as stable as possible. And I installed it. I was using 17, after 16 the boot was very fast, it was enough for me.

In fact, in an environment where we can reach 16, 17 and 18 side by side, one of us can perform a performance and battery test.

If I had the time, I would really like to do it. You know, the idea of a side-by-side comparison Youtube video would be great.
I use newpipe for Youtube videos. Unfortunately I can't comment on battery as my device has a bad battery, so I normally just leave it plugged in.

bncd

Mar 12, 2023
I use newpipe for Youtube videos. Unfortunately I can't comment on battery as my device has a bad battery, so I normally just leave it plugged in.
Yes Newpipe is great. The feature of skipping silent parts is unique.

I've been using my tablet as a 2nd screen for a very long time. (via Spacedesk) One day I looked, my battery was swollen (it was constantly using the laptop's charge), the tablet might almost explode. I don't recommend it to anyone. Do not misuse anything for a long time. Systems can be damaged.

That's why I bought a new battery. The new battery is of course not original. But it's fine. On Lineageos 17, I was able to watch movies for 6 hours with the new battery. When I switched to Lineageos 16, it took relatively longer.

Anyway, for this forum topic 18. If I have the opportunity to try 18 one day, I will definitely give an opinion.

Thank you our dear developer for providing us these versions.

bncd

Mar 12, 2023
@matteo0026 do you have a video to how install this rom? excuse me for my english. thanks

Hi! Where are you from? I'm from Turkiye! (Eğer Türkçe biliyorsan yardımcı olabillirim)

Dude, you don't need to watch a video. Just read the steps carefully.

First install TWRP. Here is the latest version: https://xdaforums.com/t/recovery-3-7-0_9-unified-matisse-millet-rubenslte-twrp-recovery.4019831/

Read the TWRP installation steps carefully. You can even ask ChatGPT if you don't understand. Or you search in Youtube: "install twrp samsung tab 4" You can see a lot of videos...

Then install the ROM. Please also read ROM installation steps carefully.

Remember the whole secret is TWRP. If you manage to install it, everything will be very easy. You can easily do everything in this advanced recovery screen. It will probably also have an interface in your native language.

ROM_gamer987

Aug 8, 2020
OnePlus One
Samsung Galaxy Tab 4
Bit of an update, tried flashing los 18.1 on my tab 4 (T530) From 4.4.2, After flashing i'm stuck on the tab 4 boot splash, I can't reflash original fw from odin as this device has a broken usb data pin. I tried getting all of the partitions from stock fw zip (5.0.2) and flashing manually by creating a twrp zip. All the partitions flashed but it still won't boot. I'd also like to point out that it boots in the background as i can hear the lock/unlock sound but it stays in that splash (not bootanimation, galaxy note 4 splash)

matteo0026

Jul 1, 2015
Treviso
Lenovo P2
BQ Aquaris X Pro
@matteo0026 How did you get los 19.1 to even finish building? i got so many errors it wouldn't even build. If you have your broken los 19.1 trees somewhere please push them so i can attempt to get los 19.1/20 booting
I've fixed several building errors, but I've gave up and deleted everything. I have no sources saved.

About the booting, it was written that before flashing the LOS, you have to start with stock 5.0.2 firmware. Probably you didn't flash every partition, and in a correct way. You should repair your tab and use odin to flash stock firmware.

ROM_gamer987

Aug 8, 2020
OnePlus One
Samsung Galaxy Tab 4
I've fixed several building errors, but I've gave up and deleted everything. I have no sources saved.

About the booting, it was written that before flashing the LOS, you have to start with stock 5.0.2 firmware. Probably you didn't flash every partition, and in a correct way. You should repair your tab and use odin to flash stock firmware.
I Managed to get my usb port working and flashed 5.0.2, it all works now. As for LOS 20, i got multiple errors related to perfetto even after applying the needed patches for 3.4. Would be nice to see the android 13 taskbar on this ancient device although multitasking is almost impossible with 1.5 gb of ram

Kornor

Apr 21, 2023
Good evening everyone,
I have a problem that is getting me crazy. I think I have followed all the steps well, however once the ROM is installed, and the Gapps too, ('ve tried various and possible) once the device (535 LTE) is started, it restarts with an error in the background, starting data factory reset. What could it be? a kind soul who can help me?
I haven't done a flash for years and I'm not very knowledgeable.
Thanks in advance

1682091129393.png

sadskull

Jan 18, 2023
hi, thanks for ths great rom.
i try to find a way to activate gesture navigation bar but the system navigation menu seems to don"t be reached.
does anyone have any idée about this issue ?

anthony80200

May 17, 2023
Good evening everyone,
I have a problem that is getting me crazy. I think I have followed all the steps well, however once the ROM is installed, and the Gapps too, ('ve tried various and possible) once the device (535 LTE) is started, it restarts with an error in the background, starting data factory reset. What could it be? a kind soul who can help me?
I haven't done a flash for years and I'm not very knowledgeable.
Thanks in advance

View attachment 5893961
@Kornor in TWRP after you have wiping the tablet do back and do a format data (the button is next to Advanced Wipe).

Andrius_S

Feb 27, 2020
Good evening everyone,
First of all, I would like to thank matteo0026 for this great ROM.
I'm using Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 10.1 SM-T535 and I'm trying out the build "lineage-18.1-20220913-UNOFFICIAL-matisselte.zip".
I noticed an annoying issue regarding real-time-clock (RTC): every time I restart my Galaxy Tab 4, the RTC is reset to build date/time (2022-09-13 11:46:02), when "Use network-provided time" is off.
Is this an known issue for You? Is this solvable on somehow?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Installation instructions :
    • Be sure to have installed latest TWRP recovery (you can find it in downloads) and latest Android Lollipop (5.0.2 for matisse, 5.1.1 for millet) firmware
    • Download the latest build and GApps (ARM) - if you'll go to wipe even internal storage, put them on a microSD or an USB OTG, or copy them after wiping it
    • Boot to recovery mode
    • Wipe > Advanced wipe > Select system, data, cache and dalvik/art cache (and, if you want to clean more, select even internal storage, which deletes all the content in /sdcard) and do swipe to wipe. When it finishes, go to home page
    • Install > select ROM zip file > swipe to flash and, when it finished, go to home page
    • Do the same thing to flash GApps
    • Reboot > System
    Update instructions :
    • Be sure to have installed latest TWRP build
    • Download the latest build
    • Boot to recovery mode
    • Install > select ROM zip file > swipe to flash and, when it finished, go to home page
    • Reboot > System
    Known issues :
    • Some randomic minor issues with YouTube app (sometimes, after skipping ads in a video, you'll get just a grey screen - close and reopen video to fix the issue)
    • Some randomic issues with bluetooth MAC address (bluetooth app crashes always). To fix this, you need to get (take note!) the address by going to stock ROM and getting that from Settings > About tablet menu. Then, come back to LineageOS 18.1 and rewrite the file /efs/bluetooth/bt_addr by using root permissions and a root file explorer, or by using adb push/pull, better in TWRP.
    • 5 GHz WiFi networks between channels 149 and 161 are invisible to the Tab
    Downloads :
    Contributors
    matteo0026, DJABHipHop, Alastor89, All the S3NEO devs that provided the base for developing Android 11 on Tab 4
    Source Code:
    Hi guys, new builds are online!
    Changelog:
    - March 2022 security patches
    Hi guys, new builds are online!
    Changelog:
    - June 2022 security patches
    Hi guys, new builds are up.
    Changelog:
    - January 2023 security patches
    - Added support for OTA releases
    I've found the issue. By touching the ramdisk, CPU governor is set to performance instead of interactive. I'll fix it in the next build.