• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][MediapadM5][8.1] LineageOS 15.1

Search This thread

schwabe93

Sep 29, 2012
Schwäbische Alb
2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 8.1 (Oreo), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

What's working :
  • Boots
  • Wifi
  • Bluetooth
  • Camera ( Videos And Photos )
  • Video Playback
  • Audio ( Record and Playback )
  • Sensors
  • GPS

What's not working :
  • You tell me :)

Instructions :
  • Make a Backup of your Internal Storage
  • Download the latest build and gapps
  • Flash my TWRP Build
  • Make a full Wipe if you coming from StockRom, then Format Data (Attention this will wipe your Internal Storage)
  • Reboot to recovery
  • Flash my Remove Encryption file: Download if you want to backup your data afterwards when you installed LineageOS
  • Flash the latest build and gapps
  • Reboot
Downloads :
Reporting Bugs
  • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
  • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
  • If it is a random reboot, grab /sys/fs/pstore/console-ramoops and /sys/fs/pstore/dmesg-ramoops-0. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
  • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Code:
What is your--
LineageOS version:
LineageOS Download url:
Gapps version:

Did you--
wipe:
 restore with titanium backup:
reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
a task killer:
a non-stock kernel:
other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:

XDA:DevDB Information
[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][MediapadM5][8.1] LineageOS 15.1, ROM for the Huawei MediaPad M5

Contributors
schwabe93
ROM OS Version: 8.x Oreo

Version Information

Created 2018-07-08
Last Updated 2018-07-08

DF5JT

Sep 15, 2010
Vienna
How deeply satisfying to finally be rid of the dreadful Huawei interface, its even more dreadful HiSuite nonsense and being able to install AdAway.

Thank you very much!

Reactions: fargonaz

DF5JT

Sep 15, 2010
Vienna
Unfortunately, Bluetooth doesn't work as planned.

I have a BT receiver to connect my 3,5mm headphone to, but the receiver just doesn't pair with the tablet. Receiver works fine with OnePlus 5 and a Lenovo Tab 4 Plus 8''.

Also, it won't connect to the other tablet.

I have no idea how to debug this, but am willing to help out.

sinekm

Apr 18, 2016
Honor 9 Lite
Hi. Thank you....
I have installed your rom and twrp. I have been using it for 5 days.
Great rom and recovery. Everything is working fine.
I can confirm that there is No bug. You have done a fine Work...

gorillalaci

May 26, 2016
i cant Flash encryption failed to mount is the error

---------- Post added at 01:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:25 PM ----------

and by the Rom the same Problem error 7 fail to mount

Nov 5, 2010
Hate to be a hassle, but can anyone confirm if this works on the 8.4" SHT-AL09?

My previous flashing has always been confined to a single device with no more variation than the radio of radio: GSM or CDMA. With the more varied models of M5, I thought I best double check.

Thank you kindly in advance. ^.^

---------- Post added at 11:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:17 AM ----------

By chance, has anyone confirmed this to work on the 8.4" SHT-AL09?

Thank you kindly in advance. ^.^

Tesrym

Jul 18, 2018
I bought the CMR-W09, and I noticed that google assistant works, but is unable to unlock the device.

And then I found this thread, and I am concidering using this rom.
Is anyone able to unlock their device using google assistant voice recognition on this rom?

Last edited:

g8ryj

Jan 12, 2017
Unfortunately, Bluetooth doesn't work as planned.

I have a BT receiver to connect my 3,5mm headphone to, but the receiver just doesn't pair with the tablet. Receiver works fine with OnePlus 5 and a Lenovo Tab 4 Plus 8''.

Also, it won't connect to the other tablet.

I have no idea how to debug this, but am willing to help out.

I also have the same problem with bluetooth. My mediapad will not connect to my bose quietconnect 35 headphones (my other devices connect to my headphones perfectly) - This is definitely a bug.

dopefish1337

Aug 24, 2010
wow. Thats nice.

Now i cannot decide between the mediapad m5 (8inch) or the Mi pad4. Not sure which one the devices is better :D I never expected lineageos for the m5! Will it become official lineageos at some point (sorry about asking)?

jeanxx

Nov 30, 2010
Phoenix
wow. Thats nice.

Now i cannot decide between the mediapad m5 (8inch) or the Mi pad4. Not sure which one the devices is better :D I never expected lineageos for the m5! Will it become official lineageos at some point (sorry about asking)?

The mediapad m5 all the way. And newegg business has the 10.8 inch version for $360 right now free shipping. It is quick and the fingerprint sensor is honestly the fastest ive ever tested.

And idk if you use the built in speakers on tablets, but the speakers on this tablet are insanely loud and clean!

dopefish1337

Aug 24, 2010
The mediapad m5 all the way. And newegg business has the 10.8 inch version for $360 right now free shipping. It is quick and the fingerprint sensor is honestly the fastest ive ever tested.

And idk if you use the built in speakers on tablets, but the speakers on this tablet are insanely loud and clean!

Not so sure about this as i do not need 10 inch and / or a loud speaker. Working Lineage is much better and i am pretty sure that the dev community will be much better for the Xiaomi due to the qualcomm chipset

kftrav

Mar 26, 2010
im on the 10.8 wifi version and trying to flash this rom I get error 7. Is anyone else getting this error?

I had a lot of trouble getting it installed on my 8.4 wifi tablet. What I ended up doing was (in TWRP):

1. slide-to-wipe
2. format data
3. wipe system (advanced button)
4. reboot to recovery again
5. install rom and gapps

For some reason that reboot after wiping system seemed to have fixed the problem for me. On first boot, I got a lot of google framework crashes and couldn't complete the setup wizard, so I went back into TWRP and wiped data and dalvik again. After that, everything worked normally.

---------- Post added at 08:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:41 AM ----------

Only encountered two bugs so far (US 8.4" WiFi model):

- Unable to pair to BT headphones (MDR-ZX770BN). Devices show up on pairing screen, but BT appears to crash when you try to use it. Also unable to change BT device name, it just reverts to "HUAWEI MediaPad M5".

- Magnetic flip cover does not sleep/wake screen. It appears the magnetic sensor itself is working, according to "Sensors Multitool" app.

And one minor cosmetic issue:

- Device seems to think it's a phone. On first boot it asks you to insert a SIM card, and it shows the "No SIM card -- No service" message and system icon.

Reactions: Pr0metheus2

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 8.1 (Oreo), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

What's working :
    • Boots
    • Wifi
    • Bluetooth
    • Camera ( Videos And Photos )
    • Video Playback
    • Audio ( Record and Playback )
    • Sensors
    • GPS

What's not working :
    • You tell me :)

Instructions :
    • Make a Backup of your Internal Storage
    • Download the latest build and gapps
    • Flash my TWRP Build
    • Make a full Wipe if you coming from StockRom, then Format Data (Attention this will wipe your Internal Storage)
    • Reboot to recovery
    • Flash my Remove Encryption file: Download if you want to backup your data afterwards when you installed LineageOS
    • Flash the latest build and gapps
    • Reboot
    Downloads :
    Reporting Bugs
    • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /sys/fs/pstore/console-ramoops and /sys/fs/pstore/dmesg-ramoops-0. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
    Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Code:
    What is your--
    LineageOS version:
    LineageOS Download url:
    Gapps version:

Did you--
    wipe:
     restore with titanium backup:
    reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
    a task killer:
    a non-stock kernel:
    other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM][UNOFFICIAL][MediapadM5][8.1] LineageOS 15.1, ROM for the Huawei MediaPad M5

Contributors
    schwabe93
    ROM OS Version: 8.x Oreo

Version Information

Created 2018-07-08
    Last Updated 2018-07-08
    I was unable to get this ROM to work with SHT-W09 (8" WIFI only, EU model). It got stuck in a boot loop. So I had to reload the stock firmware (it was painful to find a method).

I used the 'russian website' to find the link to the official Huawei firmware and downloaded from Huawei's servers. I took firmware 8.0.0.163 (It was published at a later date than 8.0.0.168 yet has a lower version number - wierd?) Double check that the firmware corresponds to your model SHT-W09/SHT-AL09 etc - I made this mistake. I guess that the region is also important - for EU I took C432.

To recover to stock firmware I used the TWRP ROM in schwabe93's other post (https://forum.xda-developers.com/mediapad-m5/development/recovery-twrp-3-2-2-1-t3813825). To reload the stock firmware I followed the instructions in Tutorial 2 https://forum.xda-developers.com/p10/how-to/guide-manual-updgrade-to-update-oreo-t3758286. I copied the oreoupdater folder to an external SD card which was formatted as exFAT. In TWRP file manager I also copied from the external SD to the root of the internal SD.

In TWRP I started the zip flash from the internal SD as per the tutorial 2 instructions. It rebooted and installed the 163 firmware.

I can't remember exactly what I did after the update was completed, but it was something along the lines of: rebooting several times, using the built in EMUI recovery to low level format, then reboot then clear cache then wipe data then reboot a few more times.

If the EMUI recovery doesn't work after installing the stock ROM then you can try using fastboot to reload the recovery from the img files that you extracted from the full firmware zip file i.e.:
    fastboot flash recovery_kernel RECOVERY_KERNEL.img
    fastboot flash recovery_ramdisk RECOVERY_RAMDISK.img
    fastboot flash recovery_vbmeta RECOVERY_VBMETA.img

Hope this helps!

Also for the benefit of others, it took me a while to work this out:

Reboot - hold down the power button.
    Fastboot - As soon as it boots, and just before the mediapad screen, hold the volume down button WITH the USB cable connected.
    Recovery - Hold down the power button and volume up WITHOUT the USB cable connected.
    I thought so. That's the reason why I'll return my M5

It really is a piece of trash, this tablet, and **** Huawei for being ignorant greedy pricks, taking our community's hard work, and then stealing our personal property through bootloader locks. It should be illegal under right-to-repair and personal property ownership legislation. But, I digress.

You can fix the pixelation on the latest OmniROM builds by enabling "Disable HW overlays" in the developer options. Note the toggle isn't permanent; you'll need to do something with Magisk or use Tasker + Secure Settings (on boot) if you don't want to toggle it manually each time.
    Reserved

Telegram Group for MediapadM5:
    Join :)
    Can you send me the link to the RR rom download page, thanks.

https://openkirin.net/download/

It says beta but everything works and no crashing. This will work even with custom recovery even though the page instructions say use stock recovery